Rangers talk back

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Since: May 08

New York, NY

#7402 Apr 17, 2013
Guinness Drinker wrote:
<quoted text>
saw two good examples last night. Nabokov was solid again and some character in Philly did an excellent job faking a groin injury.

yup, good point..I think the rangers had beaten philly a ton and were flat, which is surprising with were they sat in the playoff run....philly came out strong and the goalie was hot

hey, at least most hockey players do not fake as much as basketball players..

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#7403 Apr 22, 2013
big win for the rangers over the devils and sweet knocking them out of the playoffs...

always funny to hear the marty chants...

“Lovely year for a Guinness”

Since: Dec 07

Daytona Beach

#7404 Apr 22, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
big win for the rangers over the devils and sweet knocking them out of the playoffs...
always funny to hear the marty chants...
He's played his last game at MSG. I can't stand the Devils but Marty will likely go down as one of the best ever; a first ballot HOF'er for sure. Rangers and Islanders should be locked for the playoffs after their next game.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#7405 Apr 22, 2013
Guinness Drinker wrote:
<quoted text>
He's played his last game at MSG. I can't stand the Devils but Marty will likely go down as one of the best ever; a first ballot HOF'er for sure. Rangers and Islanders should be locked for the playoffs after their next game.
good thoughts and good post....it cant happen till the last round, but could you imagine an islander/ranger championship series, winner going to the cup...

both can skate, play defense...kinda hard with the pens...but, its something to hope for...both teams are flying and playing hard going into the playoffs...and the ranger trade of gabby got them hard nosed players that they lost in the nash deal...losing prust also hurt them...toughness is huge in hockey

Daytona Beach

#7406 Apr 22, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
good thoughts and good post....it cant happen till the last round, but could you imagine an islander/ranger championship series, winner going to the cup...
both can skate, play defense...kinda hard with the pens...but, its something to hope for...both teams are flying and playing hard going into the playoffs...and the ranger trade of gabby got them hard nosed players that they lost in the nash deal...losing prust also hurt them...toughness is huge in hockey
these could be one of those playoffs where a 7 or 8 can make it to the finals. Playing a 48 game season has been a boon for the Isles. They skate well but they lack size; an 80 plus game season would have an effect on this team. Rangers have good size at forward but at times, their "D" has left Henrik fending for himself. They have to tighten it up there.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#7407 Apr 22, 2013
Guinness Drinker wrote:
<quoted text>
these could be one of those playoffs where a 7 or 8 can make it to the finals. Playing a 48 game season has been a boon for the Isles. They skate well but they lack size; an 80 plus game season would have an effect on this team. Rangers have good size at forward but at times, their "D" has left Henrik fending for himself. They have to tighten it up there.

another good point, thats why the trade for gabby works...they got the grunt type of guys they lost in the offseason...and the results show it...gabby was an offensive player...no defense and it drove torts nuts

and the 7 or 8 seed can easily win it all this year

48 games? yup...that changes everything..but it is, what it is and all teams have to make it work

still a ranger/isles final would be a ratings disaster but a local and ny/long lsland fan dream...

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#7408 Apr 29, 2013
looks like the gabby trade gave back the team some of its dirty work...habits back

grind...play tough...

rangers vs caps...rematch of last year..

ETR

“Hello boys.....”

Since: Aug 07

.......I'm baaaaaaaaaaaack!!!!

#7410 May 1, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
looks like the gabby trade gave back the team some of its dirty work...habits back
grind...play tough...
rangers vs caps...rematch of last year..
Rangers in 6....
Pens in 5.......

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#7411 May 1, 2013
ETR wrote:
<quoted text>
Rangers in 6....
Pens in 5.......

hey, great to see you back

did you like the gabby trade? I did...got some toughness and shot blocking back...

ETR

“Hello boys.....”

Since: Aug 07

.......I'm baaaaaaaaaaaack!!!!

#7412 May 1, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
hey, great to see you back
did you like the gabby trade? I did...got some toughness and shot blocking back...
Great trade, Brassard adds scoring to the third line while Moore adds depth to the D in Staal's absence and we haven't even seen Dorsett yet, another scrappy player....

Daytona Beach

#7413 May 2, 2013
Isles defense too small; not even a gallon of A-Rod Juice can save them. Good luck to the Rangers; Caps history of playoff choking is well documented.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#7414 May 2, 2013
Guinness Drinker wrote:
Isles defense too small; not even a gallon of A-Rod Juice can save them. Good luck to the Rangers; Caps history of playoff choking is well documented.

islanders were finished off in that game...as for the caps, they are talking tough..we shall see...

will the new pick ups for the rangers make a difference

Daytona Beach

#7415 May 2, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
islanders were finished off in that game...as for the caps, they are talking tough..we shall see...
will the new pick ups for the rangers make a difference
good grief; if there's one team who shouldn't be talking about anything in the post season, it's the Caps

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#7416 May 3, 2013
Guinness Drinker wrote:
<quoted text>
good grief; if there's one team who shouldn't be talking about anything in the post season, it's the Caps

yeah...but they have beaten the rangers 2 times out of 3 in playoff hockey...

last night, rangers just fell apart for a few minutes and it cost them...and the lack of scoring on the penalty once again has burned them...

Daytona Beach

#7417 May 3, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah...but they have beaten the rangers 2 times out of 3 in playoff hockey...
last night, rangers just fell apart for a few minutes and it cost them...and the lack of scoring on the penalty once again has burned them...
their goaltender was good last night; I was hoping for one more goal before it was time to pull The King. That's around the time when the Caps crash and burn. For whatever it's worth, I was happy to read Nabokov is fine after taking that shot off the helmet in Game 1. Isles need to insert Carkner on "D" for some sort of size advantage.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#7418 May 3, 2013
Guinness Drinker wrote:
<quoted text>
their goaltender was good last night; I was hoping for one more goal before it was time to pull The King. That's around the time when the Caps crash and burn. For whatever it's worth, I was happy to read Nabokov is fine after taking that shot off the helmet in Game 1. Isles need to insert Carkner on "D" for some sort of size advantage.

caps goalie was standing on his head...unreal...i agree with what you posted..power play killed the rangers again

and as for the isles...put carkner on d...good thoughts..but they better come out on fire and not fall behind 2 goals quick..

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#7419 May 6, 2013
rangers lose...what else is new...one thing you can count on with the rangers...is not being clutch...and the power play will never work...

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#7421 May 7, 2013
big win for the rangers, and it was needed as the king let in a few soft goals...

Daytona Beach

#7422 May 7, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
big win for the rangers, and it was needed as the king let in a few soft goals...
last 2 minutes had to be stressful for the Ranger nation. They defended it well and deserved the "W".

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#7423 May 7, 2013
Guinness Drinker wrote:
<quoted text>
last 2 minutes had to be stressful for the Ranger nation. They defended it well and deserved the "W".

tell me about it. ugh...but, the grinder guys played hard, scored and its in the books...same effort needed next game.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 8 min SpaceBlues 54,498
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 24 min Intrepid Surfer 10,819
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 30 min Jerry Grote 320,533
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 33 min Intrepid Surfer 12,341
Fox is going down (Dec '09) 45 min Two Dogs 6,219
News Republicans are going to hate what Donald Trump... 47 min YouDidntBuildThat 14
The United Hates of America (Sep '10) 1 hr Two Dogs 1,829
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 1 hr Mets fan 36,855
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Dec '14) 2 hr Le Jimbo 6,403
Nassau/Suffolk High School Football (Nov '11) 2 hr 1stand10 12,427
More from around the web

Personal Finance

New York Mortgages