#6901 Jul 2, 2011
9 years. really?

“Small gov't.Low taxes, Freedom”

Since: Mar 07

Ronkonkoma

#6902 Jul 3, 2011
tlitlkitis wrote:
9 years. really?
That's typical for NHL contracts now. He'll probably only play 5 and the contract is front loaded but not by too much so that the last few years when he's not playing he still gets paid but the Rangers dn't take as much of a salary hit...and they take a lighter hit now as well.
NYRfan

Sound Beach, NY

#6903 Jul 3, 2011
Good signing, could have been worse. Really a 6 yr deal cause the contract is front loaded. Gaborik finally has someone who can pass to him.
Madison Square Graveyard

Florham Park, NJ

#6904 Jul 5, 2011
Brad Richards will join the long list of NHL stars who have come to the rags, take that big paycheck, and basically semi-retirement.

“Another 240 million”

Since: May 09

Up in smoke

#6905 Jul 5, 2011
Madison Square Graveyard wrote:
Brad Richards will join the long list of NHL stars who have come to the rags, take that big paycheck, and basically semi-retirement.
great post... nothing like throwing a 79 point scorer the keys to the Graveyard..BBBBWWWWAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAA
momma fraudulent

Secaucus, NJ

#6909 Jul 5, 2011
momma chamberlin wrote:
<quoted text>great post... nothing like throwing a 79 point scorer the keys to the Graveyard..BBBBWWWWAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAA
Good job posting to yourself to try and make some kind of point proxy dewsh. I'm sure that Reasoner signing will add so much to the Islanders. BBBWWWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!
LIAM

Orlando, FL

#6910 Jul 5, 2011
momma fraudulent wrote:
<quoted text>
Good job posting to yourself to try and make some kind of point proxy dewsh. I'm sure that Reasoner signing will add so much to the Islanders. BBBWWWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!
The Mush just doesn't get it. He is a loser in life that nobody enjoys posting sports with. His teams all suck so he comes on here and tries to annoy.
While I wasn't a fan of signing Richards, for 6.5mill a year it isn't as terrible as I thought it would be. Ofcourse its a huge gamble but isn't every long term deal thats ever signed. He will help with depth down the middle and should be a big help on the PP which is something the NYR have needed for a long time now.
NYRfan

Sound Beach, NY

#6911 Jul 7, 2011
LIAM wrote:
<quoted text>
The Mush just doesn't get it. He is a loser in life that nobody enjoys posting sports with. His teams all suck so he comes on here and tries to annoy.
While I wasn't a fan of signing Richards, for 6.5mill a year it isn't as terrible as I thought it would be. Ofcourse its a huge gamble but isn't every long term deal thats ever signed. He will help with depth down the middle and should be a big help on the PP which is something the NYR have needed for a long time now.
A top playmaker to pass to a top sniper. Not complaining, the contract really could have been worse.
LIAM

Orlando, FL

#6912 Jul 8, 2011
NYR signed Suer to a 2yr deal for 2.5 and AA to a 2yr for a little under 4mill. Both good deals that I'm happy with. Now gotta get the other 3 done and hopefully they are for a little longer then 2yr deals.
NYRfan

Sound Beach, NY

#6913 Jul 12, 2011
LIAM wrote:
NYR signed Suer to a 2yr deal for 2.5 and AA to a 2yr for a little under 4mill. Both good deals that I'm happy with. Now gotta get the other 3 done and hopefully they are for a little longer then 2yr deals.
Callahan and Dubinsky need to be signed still, if Sather can sign both of them to reasonable deals then this won't be a terrible off season.
LIAM

Orlando, FL

#6914 Jul 12, 2011
NYRfan wrote:
<quoted text>
Callahan and Dubinsky need to be signed still, if Sather can sign both of them to reasonable deals then this won't be a terrible off season.
Dont forget about Boyle.

“Palpatine ain't no”

Since: Dec 10

Jimmy the Greek

#6915 Jul 12, 2011
Anyone seen NYY?
LIAM

Orlando, FL

#6917 Jul 14, 2011
Good news once again! Boyle deal is signed at 3yrs for 5.1mill. Other 2 will get done soon.
NYRfan

Sound Beach, NY

#6918 Jul 21, 2011
LIAM wrote:
Good news once again! Boyle deal is signed at 3yrs for 5.1mill. Other 2 will get done soon.
Dubi signed. If Callahan's deal gets done soon we will be in good shape.
LIAM

Orlando, FL

#6919 Jul 21, 2011
NYRfan wrote:
<quoted text>
Dubi signed. If Callahan's deal gets done soon we will be in good shape.
Its a very good deal for 4yrs. Cally will get done next for something along the same lines as what Dubi got. Great summer for Sather which is something I do not think I have ever said in years past.
RICH L

New York, NY

#6920 Jul 31, 2011
As an Islanders fan, who has just about had it, and is rapidly losing my patience for all the effing bullshyte coming out of the mouths of Charlie the Chink Wang, and Garth the blowjob Snow, Chris Botta the sock puppet of Charles Wang, has posted on his blog that the Brian Rolston deal is just a prelude to something the Islander fan will love, the only thing true Islander fans would love is reading Wangs obituary,many of the fans opinions and reactions are so diverse one wonders if many of their parents raised intelligent children.The deadline just so happens to coincide with the vote to rebuild a new arena on Monday 8/1/11, but knowing how Wang operates I bet it is just a ploy to get people interested, and go out and vote yes, seeing the garbage they got at the draft,[strome], and trade deadline [Rolston] I wouldn't care if they moved to Afghanistan.
NYRfan

Sound Beach, NY

#6921 Aug 2, 2011
LIAM wrote:
<quoted text>
Its a very good deal for 4yrs. Cally will get done next for something along the same lines as what Dubi got. Great summer for Sather which is something I do not think I have ever said in years past.
3yrs not bad. Good because that means we won't have Staal, Dubi, Lundqvist I think, and then Cally all UFA's the same year.
NYRfan

Sound Beach, NY

#6922 Aug 2, 2011
RICH L wrote:
As an Islanders fan, who has just about had it, and is rapidly losing my patience for all the effing bullshyte coming out of the mouths of Charlie the Chink Wang, and Garth the blowjob Snow, Chris Botta the sock puppet of Charles Wang, has posted on his blog that the Brian Rolston deal is just a prelude to something the Islander fan will love, the only thing true Islander fans would love is reading Wangs obituary,many of the fans opinions and reactions are so diverse one wonders if many of their parents raised intelligent children.The deadline just so happens to coincide with the vote to rebuild a new arena on Monday 8/1/11, but knowing how Wang operates I bet it is just a ploy to get people interested, and go out and vote yes, seeing the garbage they got at the draft,[strome], and trade deadline [Rolston] I wouldn't care if they moved to Afghanistan.
I think the Isles stay, they have an arena being built in Brooklyn for the Nets. Heard about possibly building across from Citi Field.
RICH L

New York, NY

#6923 Aug 5, 2011
As an Islanders fan all I have to say is Ph-uck Wang, Ph-uck Snow, Ph-uck Bettman, and Ph-uck Chris Botta, and the entire Islanders organization also read here why the Islanders are the laughing stock of any league...

http://www.islanderspointblank.com/2011/08/is...
RICH L

New York, NY

#6924 Aug 9, 2011
Hey guys here's something that should add more hope for the coming seasons,

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nhl/story/_/id/68...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Earthling-1 54,323
Poll Tman/Momma most humiliating and embarrasing mom... 2 hr jimi-yank 1
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr Brian_G 310,346
High Yield Stocks! 3 hr Tristascottcom 1
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 4 hr Forrest 10,541
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 4 hr Forrest 12,168
Time to go? 4 hr Expat 2,525
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 5 hr Paul Yanks 36,413
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 8 hr FuMan Chu Yanks 319,383
More from around the web

Personal Finance

New York Mortgages