Yankees talk back
MikeL

AOL

#60 Dec 9, 2006
HEY ALL YOU SPORTS IDIOTS... YOU ARE PAYING THESE HIGH SALARIES.... BASEBALL IS A CHILDS GAME THATS BEEN TURNED INTO A BILLION DOLLAR BUSINESS.. WHY DON'T ALL YOU IDIOT FANS SPEND YOUR MONEY ON YOURSELVES INSTEAD OF WATCHING GROWN MEN PLAYING A CHILDS GAME ...
tom

Port Jefferson Station, NY

#61 Dec 9, 2006
its obviuos all baseball players see is the dollars!!! petite coming back to the yankees after steinbrenner pretty much sh@t on him before he left for houston, give me a break petite just retire it will be one less money hungry punk playing the game
jim

AOL

#62 Dec 9, 2006
JLV wrote:
The only way the Yankees should acquire another lefty 1st baseman like Todd Helton would be if they can trade Giambi. While Helton is a much better fielder, the Yankees can't afford to have 6 lefties in their line-up. If they could trade Giambi and acquire Helton, GREAT. But if not, they should acquire a righty-hitting 1st baseman like Sexon, Cleveland's switch hitting Victor Martinez or even Arizona's Conor Jackson. Also, I'd rather have Dontrelle Willis than Zito. He is younger and cheaper and has more promise.
sorry giambi has a no trade clsue, not happening, he will not leave
THE BEAV

AOL

#63 Dec 9, 2006
The typical yankee move,bring a bum back.
Richie - E Hampton NY

Brooklyn, NY

#64 Dec 9, 2006
I agree with zena01, signing Pettite brings on another aging arm and a money-hungry individual. He deserted the Yanks when they needed him & the only reason he's back is money. The Astros only offered him 12Mil and was holding out for 14Mil but along come the Yankees and give him 16Mil for 2 years, Where is your logic Cashman?
fatty fat

Boston, MA

#65 Dec 9, 2006
Richie - E Hampton NY wrote:
I agree with zena01, signing Pettite brings on another aging arm and a money-hungry individual. He deserted the Yanks when they needed him & the only reason he's back is money. The Astros only offered him 12Mil and was holding out for 14Mil but along come the Yankees and give him 16Mil for 2 years, Where is your logic Cashman?
i believe cashman is thinkin based on all the other deals goin down this winter this is a steal its not like we signed him to a 5 year deal here, hes a proven winner and more importantly hes a proven winner in the bronx, i dont know how u cant like this signin, Andy always had and always will have the fire in his belly and he wants to be back on a winner and ill think he'll help bring one back to the bronx
Bobby

Denver, CO

#66 Dec 9, 2006
Last time I looked Pettitte was 34 yrs old. Is that over the hill in this day and age with all those 40+ types running loose out there now? What about Clemens 44, Johnson 42, Glavine 40, Maddux 40, Rogers 40, Schilling 40 and Smoltz 39? Not to mention all those over the age relief pitchers. Yes itís a lot of money but look whatís getting 40+ million dollars these days.
Nation

Newington, CT

#67 Dec 9, 2006
Another ageing pitcher with arm problems, when will they ever learn?
zthomas

Hollywood, FL

#68 Dec 9, 2006
MikeL wrote:
HEY ALL YOU SPORTS IDIOTS... YOU ARE PAYING THESE HIGH SALARIES.... BASEBALL IS A CHILDS GAME THATS BEEN TURNED INTO A BILLION DOLLAR BUSINESS.. WHY DON'T ALL YOU IDIOT FANS SPEND YOUR MONEY ON YOURSELVES INSTEAD OF WATCHING GROWN MEN PLAYING A CHILDS GAME ...
Because ballplayers are doing what we dreamed of when we were children. Why do you go to concerts, disney, books, stamp collecting,role play dungeons & drangons, watch the (female)bachelor(assuming this is what you do, since you are clearly not a sportsfan) instead of spending money on yourself?
Bobby

Denver, CO

#69 Dec 9, 2006
What number 1 pitcher is out there that is not asking for Yankee Stadium and about 10 years to sign. Under those circumstances Pettitte was the best option for a year or two. Now wouldnít it be great if a couple of those well publicized young guys down in triple A really blossom early. It could happen.
zthomas

Hollywood, FL

#70 Dec 9, 2006
zach wrote:
If they don't trade AROD, who is hated by the fans and his teammates, now it will be a big mistake. Trade Arod, Melky, and Humberto Sanchez for Dontrell and Miguel Cabrera. Then do what it takes to get Richie Sexton. You then have a team that can compete with the Sox.
Dude, you are from Florida, right? What makes you think the Marlins are going to pay Arod's salary when they were bitchin' about having to pay less than 14 Million for the whole squad last year? OK, let's say the Marlins obtain A-Rod, then they have to trade, Rookies of the year Ramirez, Uggla, and basically everybody on the team. Then they re-locate to El Paso, Texas or maybe Guadalajara, Mexico. Don't matter anyway, only people at the stadium are Yankee & Met fans who have the desperate need to see Major League talent on the VISITING TEAMS play the Marlins.
JOHNNY ANTI YANKEE

Patchogue, NY

#71 Dec 9, 2006
glad to see Cashman sign another injury prone pitcher on the down hill side of his career,other than Wang the rest of the staff will be done by the begining of sept.Boston will win the division and the scankees will be lucky to win a wild card
JOHNNY ANTI YANKEE

Patchogue, NY

#72 Dec 9, 2006
I just heard the great american league which lost the word series last year is now thinking of having designated runners in addition to the DH--PLAY REAL BASEBALL THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE PLAYED WHERE THE PITCHER HAS TO BAT AND THE MANAGER HAS TO MANAGE
fatty fat

Boston, MA

#73 Dec 10, 2006
JOHNNY ANTI YANKEE wrote:
I just heard the great american league which lost the word series last year is now thinking of having designated runners in addition to the DH--PLAY REAL BASEBALL THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE PLAYED WHERE THE PITCHER HAS TO BAT AND THE MANAGER HAS TO MANAGE
Get real buddy the AL is a far better league then the NL is right now no questions asked, im not gonna argue about the DH rule because that is a matter of princible, some people will just simply never like it and u r obviously one of them, i am personally a fan of it cause i think it gives a team more outs (counting the pitcher as an automatic out) that is just my opinion on the DH, but just so you know the only league in the entire would not to use a DH is the National League, intresting, no?
fatty fat

Boston, MA

#74 Dec 10, 2006
*world not would
NYY

Arvada, CO

#75 Dec 10, 2006
glad to see Cashman sign another injury prone pitcher on the down hill side of his career,other than Wang the rest of the staff will be done by the begining of sept.Boston will win the division and the scankees will be lucky to win a wild card
Go AWAY you are clueless
NYY

Arvada, CO

#76 Dec 10, 2006
Like I said before you are clueless.. I suspect u maybe a BONDS fan so move on
another stop gap measure

United States

#77 Dec 10, 2006
I don't get this...pettite gets 16 mil..with a bumb shoulder....meanwhile Zito is ignored...another BAD move that will come back to haunt us ala Pavano, Wright, Kevin Brown, RJ and on and on and on....
Yanks big money no brains

United States

#78 Dec 10, 2006
spend spend spend.....and get old guys in return
Yanks big money no brains

United States

#79 Dec 10, 2006
Its over the hill considering the other guys you mentioned can't throw 220 innings
Bobby wrote:
Last time I looked Pettitte was 34 yrs old. Is that over the hill in this day and age with all those 40+ types running loose out there now? What about Clemens 44, Johnson 42, Glavine 40, Maddux 40, Rogers 40, Schilling 40 and Smoltz 39? Not to mention all those over the age relief pitchers. Yes itís a lot of money but look whatís getting 40+ million dollars these days.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Time to go? 29 min Tony17 2,197
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 1 hr Paul Yanks 319,125
News Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) 1 hr Bruser 8,000
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 1 hr Paul Yanks 36,317
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 1 hr Forrest 10,519
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 1 hr Forrest 12,139
Poll Who weighs more? 4 hr Paul Yanks 57
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Dec '14) 8 hr De Oppresso Liber 5,586
More from around the web

Personal Finance