Since: Oct 06

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2006

Here's your chance to talk Yankees baseball. Type in your comments below.
NYC is it

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2006

Geno in FL wrote:
Phillips (career minor leaguer) or Phelps everyday 1B? Nieves or Chavez(?) backup C? GARBAGE!! Crashman-wake up! Give Hillenbrand the 2 yrs. Where were you when people like Lieberthal et al were being had for $1M? That's too much $? After Wang & Mussina, YIKES!'07 is a transition yr-P/R reduction. 3rd place behind Sox & Jays quite possible.
Geno: There's still time to get things done. Chavez was signed to a minor league deal. Cashman may go after former D-Ray Toby Hall who is now expendible by the Dodgers signing of Lieberthal. Much will still go on after the winter meetings with what's still left to do. The Yankees will be ready by the time spring training rolls around.
jim

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2006

still on the zito kick gang, IT IS NOT HAPPENING. please do some original thinking here, DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME ON ZITO,HE WILL NEVER BE A YANK. now, someone wrote that moose is a 7th inning pitcher, maybe 2 years ago...the yank pitchers outside of wang are old and injury prone, worse if andy comes back. relief is still a major question, and a power righthanded hitter is still needed, as achoke is still a head case and can leave on his own after 2007 if he wants.[ he will after this horrid year and more choking and losing in the playoffs,does anyone see a stronger team, or weaker??] the red sox are much stronger, the jays will cause problems. the yanks still cannot beat the angels. they struggle with minny, detroit, and white sox and the red sox..any one of those teams get hot, they sweep yanks easily. the yanks only have 1 shut down pitcher in wang, moose chokes in the playoffs, randy has done nothing in the playoffs for 2 years, and no sane person will bet on pavano in the playoffs ever. matter of fact, no other team wants pavano for free, cash, you will suffer in october with excuses, both you and joe. write it in stone now, no pitching, equals a long year of complaints and arod leaves with nothing in return.
ray

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2006

Michael Casey wrote:
Here's your chance to talk Yankees baseball. Type in your comments below.
The Yankees should have never let Petitt leave three years ago. I`ts time to right a wrong.
BIG MAN

Worcester, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2006

Telescammer wrote:
<quoted text>
Was that very nice 'BIG MAN'? Yes, its very easy to be a big man when sitting comfortably behind your keyboard. Honestly, Jeter could have stopped, and until you jankee fans realize that they will be cursed forever.
You are right that was not nice. Don't even talk about curses man, see how messed up u SUX fans are? You got ONE lucky year and keep talking trash. How many times do we have to smack you around huh? Uderstand this man as long as the gods of baseball w/is the YANKS are around you SUX are nothing and never will be. Also we don't cry like you babies when we lose, we give credit where credit is do like class, where as you little skirts keep crying WHY NOT US? WE BELEIVE? MOMMY MOMMY. DO us a favor man stop WHIPPING IT like a girl and start SHAKING IT like a man.
Steve from the Bronx

Rumford, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2006

I keep reading about teams signing players. The only thing I read about the Yankees outside of the Pettite deal is that Big George might give Gooden a job if he stays clean from drugs and booze. O yes, we had Dotel for two years of his rehab of his pitching arm. Now that he appears healthy, he signs with the Royals. Way to go Brian!!Another bullpen guy lost.
zach

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2006

If they don't trade AROD, who is hated by the fans and his teammates, now it will be a big mistake. Trade Arod, Melky, and Humberto Sanchez for Dontrell and Miguel Cabrera. Then do what it takes to get Richie Sexton. You then have a team that can compete with the Sox.
Yankee Clipper

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2006

Get this player don't get this player if Cashman and the Yankees don't buy or trade then they are going with the young talent for 07 maybe the money is an issue building a new Stadium to open in 09 maybe enormous money was spent in the past years on free agents and got burned BAD but then why the lunch date with Cashman and Boras about Zito?
Jon

Oakdale, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2006

Pettite has agreed to a one year deal with the yankees
NYC is it

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2006

Jon wrote:
Pettite has agreed to a one year deal with the yankees
Break out with Andy's uniform #46 again....http://sports.espn.go .com./mlb/news/story?id=269138 0
John From Windham Maine

Rumford, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2006

Welcome back Andy!!! I wish you never left. You are back home where you belong.You where a home grown talent from our system.I for one am very thankful that you have come back home.
NYY

Arvada, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2006

John From Windham Maine wrote:
Welcome back Andy!!! I wish you never left. You are back home where you belong.You where a home grown talent from our system.I for one am very thankful that you have come back home.
That's right Welcome back!!!!! Clemens not too far behind
nyankee23

Accord, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2006

WELCOME BACK ANDY!!! Wang, Pettite, Mussina is a nice postseason rotation.. hopefully (but not probably) pavano will show something... and randy might get an inning or two out of the bullpen...

CLEMENS IS SHOT.... I DON'T WANT HIM. STAY HOME.
Kevin

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2006

You got to be kidding me!!!! Another over paid pitcher, This teams managment are fools. Instead of getting a young left hander we go for used up past their prime pitchers, which we pay them much more than when they were younger and better. If the Mets get Zito, I swear it's going to be another ugly year.
Chuckles

Laval, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2006

Pretty good move, Cash! Pettitte for a year gives Hughes and the other young pitchers another year in the high minors to get some additional experience. Johnson, and Pettitte will be gone by 2008 and the younger pitchers can take over.
hohohoho

Medford, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2006

i wonder whats are present for chrismas
Alan Q

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2006

I was against Pettite's return but now that he is back in pinstripes, let's all wish him well. Whatever the outcome, as a Yankee fan I will always appreciate what he has done for the team. Good luck and welcome back.
Ping Man

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2006

Addition of pettitte ok but 16 million much too steep. When he offered his services back to Houston..Yanks should have backed out. Yanks are his 2nd choice. If Clemens follows season will be a disaster. Johnson, Pavano, Andy & Roger can take turns on DL. Yank fans remember three years ago Yanks were fearful of Pettittes elbow woes and I don't think elbow is any better now. If Mets sign Zito and I'm thinking they will...Minaya would have outtrumped Cashman. Japanese pitcher better think twice about joining Yanks. With these old broken down pitchers we are bringing in and about to bring in it looks like our import will pitch out of the bullpen. If Yankee farm system wasn't so loaded with top pitching prospects this team would be a train wreck waiting to happen.
Roger Cousin Phoenix AZ

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2006

At $16K which is mega bucks, if you check out Barry Zito stats vs Pettittes over the last 4 years, 34 or not, you gotta go with Pettittee. He knows and can pitch in NY...and that alone says more about him than most other "front line" pitchers. Welcome home Andy!
anthony

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2006

pettite great move i also think that randy will be randy again for 1 more year .he pitched in pain for 2 years,back surgery will put him back to being randy again i truly believe this.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 1793
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

25 Users are viewing the New York Forum right now

Search the New York Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Russian auction for China 7 min milenabaykova 1
For Long Island Catholic & New Jersey Football ... 10 min Team4 2
OBAMA is the BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Nov '10) 16 min UN must go 14,362
Rev. Al Sharpton demands justice for Eric Garne... 34 min 120 Million Lawsuit 2
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr ritedownthemiddle 45,779
Workers Go Wild for Staples' Penny Items 2 hr LOL 8
Chicago: SAVAGELAND 3 hr ObamaCareLess 9
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 5 hr NYStateOfMind 305,735
Nassau/Suffolk High School Football (Nov '11) 8 hr the real deal 10,209
•••
•••

New York News Video

•••
•••

New York Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000