Justice Dept. investigating claims of...

Justice Dept. investigating claims of Yonkers police brutality -

There are 29 comments on the Newsday story from Aug 29, 2007, titled Justice Dept. investigating claims of Yonkers police brutality -. In it, Newsday reports that:

Mayor Philip Amicone released a letter from the Department's civil rights division that said it had received "allegations of use of excessive force and discriminatory policing." The mayor said Yonkers would ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
overwhelmed

New York, NY

#23 Jun 6, 2010
sistargirl wrote:
my daughter and i had a horrible experince with a police officer at yonkers ave he was using foul language banging on drivers side of door stating pull the f---king car over yes it was dwb i have sent e-mail to the commissioner thank
This is strange and scary. Something similar just happened to me. A Yonkers NY cop stopped me for nothing and accused me of "driving like a crazy woman," when I did nothing. He also banged the side of my driver side door then the front hood and then came back. He was totally illogical. He also tried to say I wasn't wearing a seat belt. I recently faxed my complaint in to the Yonkers Department of Internal Affairs and hopefully this officer will be dealt with accordingly and my ticket will be dismissed.
5star

Freehold, NJ

#24 Dec 18, 2010
yeh its sad that the cops do get away with the things that they do who the fuck do you run to if you need help not yonkers pd cause you dont who good or bad so i rather take the chance to help myself then go to a cop who dont care i remember one time these people was fighting on ludlow street and the cops as parked on riverdale saying dont move yet let them kill each other as long as no one pulls out a gun or knife lets wait
Sandy

Brookline, MA

#26 Aug 20, 2011
I have a friend who got a scholarship to Columbia University who lived at the YMCA for a little while in his late teens because his mother was in a shelter. He sold pot for a little while here and there to try to get by. Over a year after he was done with all of that officer Pappas planted crack on him during one of their sweeping drug busts. After he tried to report the officer, the officer continuously harassed him and kept bringing him in on trumped up charges. When defendants are transferred for the city jail to the county jail in Valhalla, all defendants are checked for marks and bruises, and notes are made of it, because Valhalla doesn't wanna get blamed for the violence in Yonkers. Anybody who's around at all can see how blatantly illegal this all is. It certainly won't get any better under Mike Spano and the rest of his illiterate goombahs. Yea, the Yonkers cops have plenty of supporters. People defended Hitler. People defended Mussolini.
andre

Newark, NJ

#27 Nov 6, 2011
yonkers police & detectives are corrupt with false arrest,police misconduct and planting evidence,i hope they all get cought like the cops with the ticket scandal. arresting people to get overtime scum bags,no respect for officers like these.they should go to jail for that.
BronxGirl1969

United States

#28 Jun 30, 2013
FF Jack wrote:
The article read Yonkers and doesn't solicit complaints from depts across the country. Yonkers has had 4,000 arrests this year with a .006% complaint rate.
The only ones crying about brutality is that town are perps.
That is NOT CORRECT!!! Yonkers, NY. is a VERY TROUBLED place. Government is corrupt, as is the Police Department. Yonkers has a lengthy history of thuggish, aggressive police officers. They cover eachother's indiscretions. Even the MAYOR committed SUICIDE, in 1983. Your figures are NOT ACCURATE, either. Yonkers Police are ALWAYS being SUED!!!!!
NoWops

Wayne, NJ

#29 Jul 1, 2013
BronxGirl1969 wrote:
<quoted text> That is NOT CORRECT!!! Yonkers, NY. is a VERY TROUBLED place. Government is corrupt, as is the Police Department. Yonkers has a lengthy history of thuggish, aggressive police officers. They cover eachother's indiscretions. Even the MAYOR committed SUICIDE, in 1983. Your figures are NOT ACCURATE, either. Yonkers Police are ALWAYS being SUED!!!!!
Words from a stinky hoe.
PLOTTS

East Setauket, NY

#30 Jul 1, 2013
They now only serve and protect only themselves and the PBA CARD carring relatives.Their is corruption,contempt for the public and a lack of transparency to hide their criminal behavior.
Burt W

Wayne, NJ

#31 Jul 2, 2013
My PBA card has saved me a number of summonses and 2 DWI's. They're worth their weight in gold. And it only cost 50 bucks.
Eddie

Mahopac, NY

#32 Apr 12, 2014
My daughter has been stalked by an ex boyfriend for years. She recently had her tires slashed on her car in front of her home. Of course the police can't do anything because she didn't see him do it. But she has had a suspicious car driving by and stopping in front of her home, at least 10x in the past few weeks. She has an order of protection against him and she observed his plate number. She took this plate number to the second pct., they ran the plate and sure enough it came back to her stalker. The cops told her they couldn't arrest him because she didn't see his face through his tinted widows. Seriously? you don't have probable cause to to suspect he is the one driving his own car, TEN TIMES? So maybe the next time it's not the tires that get stabbed but will be her. I'm am a retired NYPD officer, and this would never have happened in NYC.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Dec '14) 20 min Enough 11,907
News Sex in your 40s puts 20-something sex to shame (May '15) 59 min datingyoungerwomen 2
adult dating site (Dec '10) 1 hr datingyoungerwomen 18
Best UK interracial dating site, CA interracial... (Aug '13) 1 hr datingyoungerwomen 4
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 1 hr momma chamberlin 41,506
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 1 hr FORREST 16,034
jets talk back (Dec '07) 1 hr Paul Yanks 11,900
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 1 hr Paul Yanks 331,904
Nassau/Suffolk High School Football (Nov '11) 14 hr outsider 13,362

New York Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

New York Mortgages