BRIAN OR IS IT BRYAN

Riverhead, NY

#24315 Oct 12, 2012
How is the weather in Calverton?

Giggle

“GOD SAVE THE KING”

Since: Jun 11

NEW YORK CITY=FL=CT

#24316 Oct 12, 2012
-Figgy - wrote:
<quoted text>
PHR that is a beautiful avatar!((HUGS))
Thank You Figgy..Well Shes at Peace Now in The Heavenly Kingdom..and Deserves our Prayers and Her Family..Blessings To All..Peace'

“Dare to Struggle, Dare to Win”

Since: Apr 11

Queensland, Australia

#24317 Oct 12, 2012
PHANTON HELL RIDER wrote:
<quoted text>Thank You Figgy..Well Shes at Peace Now in The Heavenly Kingdom..and Deserves our Prayers and Her Family..Blessings To All..Peace'
Amen, Brother Phanton!

“GOD SAVE THE KING”

Since: Jun 11

NEW YORK CITY=FL=CT

#24318 Oct 13, 2012
Sure Thing Mate..Glad To See You Around My Kind Brother..Have all a Wonderfull Nite..and a Pleasant Sunday..

“no”

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#24319 Oct 13, 2012
1Irishman wrote:
<quoted text>Amen, Brother Phanton!
hello sir. Thought I'd say hi and ask how u been

“Dare to Struggle, Dare to Win”

Since: Apr 11

Queensland, Australia

#24320 Oct 13, 2012
Hi Phanton and Frokeeshy! It's great to see you both. It's now my Sunday afternoon and my day off work. We were on strike for 9 weeks on my building site, but went back to work 2weeks ago after the bosses agreed to pay everyone on site union rates and conditions. Most of us were already on that, but about 100 carpenters, plasterers and labourers working for one of the sub contractors weren't getting it. It was a big win for us because it will stop the bosses trying to use cheap labor from now on. 4 other big builders also agreed to sign the agreement, to avoid the same thing happening to them.
I'm just relaxing in my garden now. I've got a pork belly slowly cooking in the BBQ and I'm just having a cold beer.
I hope you all have a great Sunday too, and that you and your loved ones are all well.
Winning for now!

“Dare to Struggle, Dare to Win”

Since: Apr 11

Queensland, Australia

#24321 Oct 13, 2012
-Figgy - wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sorry sweetie! At least sh has good tast!((HUGS))
((c))
Hi sweet Figgy!((HUGS)). I don't know if you can read this, out in the wilds where you're camping. If you can, I hope you're enjoying yourself.
I haven't had any annoying pm's for awhile. Haha!
((C))
Winning!

“GOD SAVE THE KING”

Since: Jun 11

NEW YORK CITY=FL=CT

#24322 Oct 14, 2012
Hi Friends..Funny everytime I hear of Union Strikes..reminds me of a friend that whent to apply for a Job as a Diesel Mechanic while the Company was on Strike I Told him ur Nuts..he got in..but when he came out..got into my car.the mob.grabed him and pulled him out...lol...he said he was Delivering a Package...They kicked my Car..i manage to pull him back in..and I took off like a rocket...we lucky we got out alive...we Laugh all the way home..but our hearts were pounding...like hell..lol..

“no”

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#24323 Oct 14, 2012
Hey Irish did u build your BBQ pit

“Dare to Struggle, Dare to Win”

Since: Apr 11

Queensland, Australia

#24324 Oct 14, 2012
PHANTON HELL RIDER wrote:
Hi Friends..Funny everytime I hear of Union Strikes..reminds me of a friend that whent to apply for a Job as a Diesel Mechanic while the Company was on Strike I Told him ur Nuts..he got in..but when he came out..got into my car.the mob.grabed him and pulled him out...lol...he said he was Delivering a Package...They kicked my Car..i manage to pull him back in..and I took off like a rocket...we lucky we got out alive...we Laugh all the way home..but our hearts were pounding...like hell..lol..
Hahaha! We don't have the mob here. When we see guys applying for a job when we're on strike, we just explain to them politely what is going on. Most of them walk away or join our picket ... the ones who don't ... well, we get photos, and we have long memories.:-)

“Dare to Struggle, Dare to Win”

Since: Apr 11

Queensland, Australia

#24325 Oct 14, 2012
Frokeeshy1 wrote:
Hey Irish did u build your BBQ pit
No mate, it's a 4 burner gas barbecue. I also have a Weber charcoal burner that I use for steaks and burgers.

“Dare to Struggle, Dare to Win”

Since: Apr 11

Queensland, Australia

#24326 Oct 14, 2012
BTW. That pork belly came out perfect. It's the first one I've done and the meat just fell apart, all juicy and the crackling was perfectly done.
Wooo Hooo! Winning!

“no”

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#24327 Oct 14, 2012
I got a BBQ I made from a 55 gallon drum, a vertical smoker also from a 55 gallon drum. I'm about to build a brick pit over the winter just to stay busy

“no”

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#24328 Oct 14, 2012
PHANTON HELL RIDER wrote:
Hi Friends..Funny everytime I hear of Union Strikes..reminds me of a friend that whent to apply for a Job as a Diesel Mechanic while the Company was on Strike I Told him ur Nuts..he got in..but when he came out..got into my car.the mob.grabed him and pulled him out...lol...he said he was Delivering a Package...They kicked my Car..i manage to pull him back in..and I took off like a rocket...we lucky we got out alive...we Laugh all the way home..but our hearts were pounding...like hell..lol..
lol goes in for a job comes out with the mob

“Dare to Struggle, Dare to Win”

Since: Apr 11

Queensland, Australia

#24329 Oct 14, 2012
Frokeeshy1 wrote:
I got a BBQ I made from a 55 gallon drum, a vertical smoker also from a 55 gallon drum. I'm about to build a brick pit over the winter just to stay busy
They sound great. Some years ago I had a brick house built for me and there was a pallet of bricks left over, so I asked a brick layer friend of mine to build me a BBQ with the left over bricks. It was fantastic, on one side was the BBQ, and when we weren't cooking, the other side was a huge open fire with a chimney, which we used to sit around outside at night. Thanks for reminding me of those good times, when we sat around drinking and listening to The Travelling Willberries. Haha!
Winning!

“Dare to Struggle, Dare to Win”

Since: Apr 11

Queensland, Australia

#24330 Oct 14, 2012
^^^ Wilburys ^^^

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#24331 Oct 14, 2012
1Irishman wrote:
<quoted text>They sound great. Some years ago I had a brick house built for me and there was a pallet of bricks left over, so I asked a brick layer friend of mine to build me a BBQ with the left over bricks. It was fantastic, on one side was the BBQ, and when we weren't cooking, the other side was a huge open fire with a chimney, which we used to sit around outside at night. Thanks for reminding me of those good times, when we sat around drinking and listening to The Travelling Willberries. Haha!
Winning!
Hey Irish, good to hear ye got your way! Unions must be actually useful over there!:)

“Dare to Struggle, Dare to Win”

Since: Apr 11

Queensland, Australia

#24332 Oct 14, 2012
Renegade_22 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Irish, good to hear ye got your way! Unions must be actually useful over there!:)
Hi Renegade! Thanks mate. The unions are still strong here when the rank and file are strong. Most of the time we were out, we were on our own because the bosses had used anti union laws to stop the union giving us any leadership. They could only work behind the scene to try and get the bosses to negotiate. It was the workers themselves, staying strong, that defeated them in the end. "The workers, united, Will never be defeated!"
Wooo Hooo! Winning!

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#24333 Oct 14, 2012
1Irishman wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Renegade! Thanks mate. The unions are still strong here when the rank and file are strong. Most of the time we were out, we were on our own because the bosses had used anti union laws to stop the union giving us any leadership. They could only work behind the scene to try and get the bosses to negotiate. It was the workers themselves, staying strong, that defeated them in the end. "The workers, united, Will never be defeated!"
Wooo Hooo! Winning!
Thats good to hear! Back hear i think the mentality is to just roll over and take it.. noone really stands for anything so when obe person actually does, theyre completely on their own and cant do anything. Is kinda sad really. If people had a backbone over here we might be better off!:)

“Dare to Struggle, Dare to Win”

Since: Apr 11

Queensland, Australia

#24334 Oct 14, 2012
Renegade_22 wrote:
<quoted text>Thats good to hear! Back hear i think the mentality is to just roll over and take it.. noone really stands for anything so when obe person actually does, theyre completely on their own and cant do anything. Is kinda sad really. If people had a backbone over here we might be better off!:)
Yes, I think it's because they don't realize the power that they have, or sometimes they think the boss will look after them if they don't rock the boat. Our young blokes learned a lot in our fight, and hopefully they'll keep the working class spirit alive.
The Aussies are good scrappers, so that helped. Hahaha!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Time to go? 4 min Younohoo 602
Bernie Sanders says . . . 16 min Carolina 1
Lightning burns down black church 25 min Carolina 1
Self driving car going up a winding mountain ro... 28 min The Lord 1
Obama follows the teachings of Jesus Christ 59 min bacsoldier 9
News NYPD Daily Blotter (Jun '11) 1 hr Teema 7
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 1 hr Don the Dope 318,125
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Dec '14) 1 hr Just Saying 4,879
More from around the web

New York People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

New York Mortgages