Many LI immigrants say they live in f...

Many LI immigrants say they live in fear of attacks

There are 351 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 2, 2008, titled Many LI immigrants say they live in fear of attacks. In it, Newsday reports that:

Manuel Medina, 29, an emigrant from Guatemala who moved to Long Island five years ago, has a simple rule: On winter nights, he doesn't go out after 5, and on summer nights, he doesn't go out after 9. Joselito ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 18
Next Last
PCisIntelectualT errorism

East Quogue, NY

#1 Dec 3, 2008
I live in fear of attacks by immigrants.

Judged:

19

14

7

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Silas Barnaby

Wantagh, NY

#2 Dec 3, 2008
White familys have alot more to fear from Hispanics than vice-versa.

http://www.city-journal.org/html/14_3_immigra...
Michael Jordan

Brooklyn, NY

#3 Dec 3, 2008
While it is inexcusable to resort to violence, our federal and local governments inaction on illegal immigration is responsible for this. I am the grandson of 4 immigrants from 3 countries, and I agree their is varying degrees of bias against all people that look and/or speak differently. The significant factor here however is many of these individuals have come here illegally, taking places from people legally waiting to immigrate, pay little or no taxes, and are making very little or no effort to assimilate into the melting pot by speaking english.
rckayla

Long Island City, NY

#4 Dec 3, 2008
Silas Barnaby wrote:
White familys have alot more to fear from Hispanics than vice-versa.
http://www.city-journal.org/html/14_3_immigra...
"Silas Barnaby:" Thanks for that link to the City Journal! The article was very interesting, and as an advocate for NumbersUSA -- an organization that's fighting for lower immigration levels in the U.S.-- it proves our case to the government why they must not give amnesty to illegal aliens plus close America's borders. If anyone is interested to know more about this, go to: www.numbersusa.com
Larry K

Palmer, MA

#5 Dec 3, 2008
Then they should move the eff back to May-he-co!
What did you say

Mesquite, NV

#6 Dec 3, 2008
It sad that the local police are not following through with these
attacks ? May be it time for the hispanac community to look to
the A.C.L.U. for help with this matter !
NO BODY IN THE UNITED STATES CAME FROM THE USA NOT
EVEN THE AMERICAN iNDIANS ! tHEY CAME OVER THE BEARING STRAIGHT MANY YEAR AGO ?
GIVE THESE PEOPLE A CAHANCE TO LIVE IN AMERICA !
rckayla

Long Island City, NY

#7 Dec 3, 2008
Michael Jordan wrote:
While it is inexcusable to resort to violence, our federal and local governments inaction on illegal immigration is responsible for this. I am the grandson of 4 immigrants from 3 countries, and I agree their is varying degrees of bias against all people that look and/or speak differently. The significant factor here however is many of these individuals have come here illegally, taking places from people legally waiting to immigrate, pay little or no taxes, and are making very little or no effort to assimilate into the melting pot by speaking english.
"Michael Jordan" I agree that it is inexcusable for American citizens to resort to violence and that the U.S. government is responsible for the influx of illegal aliens with their insane open borders policy. These new immigrants must learn to speak English and assimilate into American society (as we would if we moved to another country) or go back to the country they came from and where they still send U.S. money to! That is another problem with the illegal aliens -- they are still sending our money back to their native countries rather than putting it back in the American economy as past immigrants did.
rckayla

Long Island City, NY

#8 Dec 3, 2008
What did you say wrote:
It sad that the local police are not following through with these
attacks ? May be it time for the hispanac community to look to
the A.C.L.U. for help with this matter !
NO BODY IN THE UNITED STATES CAME FROM THE USA NOT
EVEN THE AMERICAN iNDIANS ! tHEY CAME OVER THE BEARING STRAIGHT MANY YEAR AGO ?
GIVE THESE PEOPLE A CAHANCE TO LIVE IN AMERICA !
Sure will give them a chance to live and work in America, but only IF they stop sending American money back to their native countries, learn to speak English (the U.S.'s official language), and become LEGAL American citizens. BTW, you are wrong -- Native Americans (Indians as you call them) were the original Americans living on this land we cherish.
Becky

Bridgeport, CT

#9 Dec 3, 2008
Typical Newsday article on the illegals . Only one side of the issue .How about some articles on the problems these illegals cause .
It is not their color . We don't hear anything about blacks being spit on . Newsday creates even more resentment to these illegals by not telling the whole story.
They are breaking our laws .Taking jobs away from the Americans and a burden to the U.S. by not paying their fair share.
As long as we keep allowing them to come here illegally their countries will not do anything to solve the problems they are running away from . Much easier for them to come here and send money back home.
hated hooleyo

Brooklyn, NY

#10 Dec 3, 2008
why you americans hate us? we do nothing but steal from you gringos. we like send $$ back to home and make you poor. give us more free medical and food stamps and white women to rape. white women cry so much when we attack them and we like that 2. jumping border is fun sneaking past sleeping white guards. we like when you spit on us and beat us and kill us. please do that more to us. when you see me spit on me and punch me in face and call me bad names so i can cry to newsday.

-hooleyo the fooleyo
fat bass tard

Levittown, NY

#11 Dec 3, 2008
It's simple for "illegals" leave then apply for citizenship.Then they will have the same rights as any American.In this economic down turn it is hard to have sympathy for those who pay no taxes .
hmmm

Cincinnati, OH

#12 Dec 3, 2008
fat bass tard wrote:
It's simple for "illegals" leave then apply for citizenship.Then they will have the same rights as any American.In this economic down turn it is hard to have sympathy for those who pay no taxes .
Everyone forgets they have an ulterior motive.
www.mexica-movement.org


Aztlan
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Mexico supports this invasion.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Wake up citizens.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
jethro

United States

#13 Dec 3, 2008
I have never witnessed this but i do think that there are idiots out there who sound off! If they
attack than send them to prison for being a punk!

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#15 Dec 3, 2008
What did you say wrote:
It sad that the local police are not following through with these
attacks ? May be it time for the hispanac community to look to
the A.C.L.U. for help with this matter !
NO BODY IN THE UNITED STATES CAME FROM THE USA NOT
EVEN THE AMERICAN iNDIANS ! tHEY CAME OVER THE BEARING STRAIGHT MANY YEAR AGO ?
GIVE THESE PEOPLE A CAHANCE TO LIVE IN AMERICA !
The ACLU?! The American Criminals Liberties Union?! LOL! They are nothing but an anti-American joke. It's pretty pathetic that when Joe the plumber got his privacy violated but did the ACLU step up to help him? No. They only help criminals and illegals. It's really sad that our own government gives this pathetic excuse taxpayer money to support them.

If illegals had any courage they would march in their own country for change instead of abusing this country for their own personal gain.

I can tell from your post that you're pretty clueless. But that's OK, you fit in with the rest of the uneducated liberals.
You are racists

Bronx, NY

#17 Dec 3, 2008
I can't believe the idiotic comments on this page. What other side of the story is Newsday supposed to report? The reason that stupid white people are racists? You have no idea what you're talking about. You make up the facts to suit your argument. You guys are like Nazis, but if the Nazis took over, they'd get rid of you guys first. Hispanics would wash their dishes. What good are you?
let me just say

AOL

#18 Dec 3, 2008
fat bass tard wrote:
It's simple for "illegals" leave then apply for citizenship.Then they will have the same rights as any American.In this economic down turn it is hard to have sympathy for those who pay no taxes .
Why would they want to be here legally? As illegals they are above the law, are we? Sheesh, they would have to apply for a legal drivers license, as we do. Then they would be required to have and pay for automobile insurance, as we do.They would be held responsible for hospital bills,as we are.They would need to apply for Social Security, and in turn pay taxes, as we do. They would be subject to the penalty of the law, as we are. Most important they would give up the free ride they have been given here, at the citizens expense. They will never leave on their own accord, so join ANTI-ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT groups...VOTE out any politician who supports these ILLEGALS...and don't buy NEWSDAY. When is someone with some clout going to report about the plethora of diseases we see emerging in this country, brought to us by the many DISEASE RIDDEN illegals?
BOB COLLINS

Pinellas Park, FL

#20 Dec 3, 2008
My uncle was mugged by Mexicans.
they kicked his head in,
later ended up in a insane asylem,
always geting transfusions, Bleeding
his parents buried him at age 37
Magnificent Seven

Coram, NY

#21 Dec 3, 2008
God bless the Magnificent 7. They have helped to rid us of the illegal scum in our neighborhoods and have driven them either back to whence they came or further underground. These leeches must return home. I hope everyone treats them the way the Magnificent 7 did or at least treats them like dirt. It's not a hate crime to treat them like the dirt they are. We must ALL do what we can to rid ourselves of these rats.
plopsdad

United States

#23 Dec 3, 2008
You are racists wrote:
I can't believe the idiotic comments on this page. What other side of the story is Newsday supposed to report? The reason that stupid white people are racists? You have no idea what you're talking about. You make up the facts to suit your argument. You guys are like Nazis, but if the Nazis took over, they'd get rid of you guys first. Hispanics would wash their dishes. What good are you?
Alot better than you, because you can only see one side of a story, and not a complete picture, so before judging others, look in the mirror.
I Have His Wallet

Hicksville, NY

#24 Dec 3, 2008
You are racists wrote:
I can't believe the idiotic comments on this page. What other side of the story is Newsday supposed to report? The reason that stupid white people are racists? You have no idea what you're talking about. You make up the facts to suit your argument. You guys are like Nazis, but if the Nazis took over, they'd get rid of you guys first. Hispanics would wash their dishes. What good are you?
Some people here are racist - but most are just fed up.

The "other side of the story" is the bigger part of the story. There are millions of people who are in this country ILLEGALLY! They use our services (many for free such as hospitals)over crowd our schools (where they need special teachers and free meals) and they have installed themselves into a new rung of society where wages are unrealistically low.

Some call these the jobs Americans won't do, but that is not true - they are the jobs that Americans cannot afford to do. Our high school aged kids should and would be doing many of these jobs, but most employers will not even talk to them because they know they can't push them around through fear and intimidation, AND because they can get someone to do it for less money.

The ambassador from Ecuador said that he is worried about his citizens who come to America. They would have nothing to fear if we had a secure border and if we sent the ILLEGALS home. Because there are so many ILLEGALS, the people who are NOT illegal are not treated fairly. The LEGAL ALIENS cannot get jobs at a realistic wage because they have to get in line behind the ILLEGALS. This is just plain wrong.

This talk of racism is designed to stop all discussion about the issues. Once you call somebody a racist they tend to shut down. Guess what? This does not solve the problem and it builds resentment. Not allowing people to argue on the facts, by branding them racist is actually hurting the immigrants - Legal and Illegal alike.

We need the borders closed NOW! We need the ILLEGALS to go home and get on the back of the line. We need a rational strategy to solve this problem that does not reward bad behavior. Americans need to stop doing business with people who use ILLEGAL labor NOW.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 18
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
im victim to phoneSex Assault 1 hr victim 34
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 1 hr rainmaker2016 15,654
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 1 hr rainmaker2016 16,835
News Swastikas, hate message at Beastie Boy's park s... 2 hr Hate Discontent E... 18
Madam President 3 hr doomednewt 200
President Trump's first 100 days - Roadmap to D... 3 hr Ellison ISIS Muslim 99
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 hr panties9688 62,354
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 6 hr ThomasA 312,873
jets talk back (Dec '07) 11 hr the don 13,332
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 13 hr The Don 334,485

New York Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

New York Mortgages