Comments
1 - 20 of 796 Comments Last updated Jan 5, 2011
First Prev
of 40
Next Last

Since: Jul 07

Chicago, IL

#1 Jul 19, 2007
Share your thoughts about the 2007 High School Field hockey season. Please refrain from using inappropriate language.
FAFHALUM

Port Washington, NY

#2 Aug 2, 2007
Friends returns a talented core of senior and junior players, as well as a solid group of underclass women, and should make another strong run at the State tournament. All the way FA!!!!
what

San Francisco, CA

#3 Aug 6, 2007
who is the coach at fa?
FHFAN

Bronx, NY

#4 Aug 7, 2007
Christine Billia is the new varsity head coach at FA. She was the assistant coach last year.
stroked

United States

#5 Aug 12, 2007
Can Garden City replace Elise Terraciano's 21 goals and 17 assists(as per Newsday)? How about the 4 All State players they graduated? Can any other team challenge for the Class B LI championship and the slot in the State tournament? Who comes out of Class A in Suffolk and Nassau?
in VA

Farmville, VA

#6 Aug 14, 2007
As for replacing 4 all state players I don't think you can replace them but as some one else once said Garden City does not rebuild they reload. They will have there chalanges but I think they will go all the way again this year.Good luck RED!!!
funstuff

Hopewell Junction, NY

#7 Aug 21, 2007
Will come down to Melville and Smithtown East again. Their game in the finals last year was a classic
PrincipalO

AOL

#9 Aug 22, 2007
GC will do fine. They have a great coaching staff and a terrrific feeder system. Chappy will lead them to the states again.
lifh

New York, NY

#10 Aug 23, 2007
It seems that all of the top teams from last year in Nassau graduated a strong group of seniors- only Garden City seemed to have solid players in the underclassmen returning, GC should go all the way again
stroked

United States

#11 Aug 24, 2007
Funstuff, don't leave out Sachem East in Suffolk A. Coach Moon I'm sure has some talent on her team. She teaches the game and she also knows how to draw out the supreme effort.
FHdad

United States

#13 Aug 27, 2007
Port Jeff has Micaela Gallagher and Julianne Gerbino, but they'll need some good underclassmen to step up if they want to make it to States. I think they can.
GCFHmom

United States

#14 Aug 28, 2007
I wouldn't leave out East Islip out in Suffolk Class A either. Garden City played them non-league in the regular season last year and they were tough.
fhfan

Lindenhurst, NY

#15 Aug 29, 2007
who are the powers this year ? Nassau and Suffolk
FHFHFH

Bronx, NY

#17 Aug 29, 2007
SUFFOLK: It's anyone's guess....Sachem East, Smithtown East, Port Jeff, Ward Melville. A lot of talent in Suffolk.

NASSAU: GC
Manny

Bronx, NY

#18 Sep 2, 2007
Smithtown and Melville
fh owns

Nesconset, NY

#19 Sep 3, 2007
smithtown west vs smithtown east in the finals this year
warrior

Hopewell Junction, NY

#20 Sep 4, 2007
Smithtown East returns 2 All County players and two Honorable Mention All County players, Melville returns only 2 Honorable Mention All County Players- smithtown will be tops
FHdad

United States

#21 Sep 4, 2007
warrior: I'm still trying to figure out how S'town East didn't win the Long Island Class A. As for Ward-Melville, never bet against a team coached by the great Nancy Cole. Also I know of at least one freshman at W-M who could start right now at Garden City if she went there, and should be All-Long Island by the end of her sophomore year. I'm sure they have some players most folks don't know about yet but will learn about as the season progresses.
fhfan

Englewood, NJ

#22 Sep 4, 2007
Smithtown East had two starting players out due to injury during the Long Island game, one being thier goalie...the other a top player on the team.
time

United States

#23 Sep 5, 2007
warrior wrote:
Smithtown East returns 2 All County players and two Honorable Mention All County players, Melville returns only 2 Honorable Mention All County Players- smithtown will be tops
remember there was only one all division all conference goalie and Ward Melville has her

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 40
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Brian_G 46,316
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 5 hr Da GreatDirtyWater 307,459
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 5 hr 40ish 9,885
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 5 hr _Zoey_ 9,394
Alex 5 hr Alex 1
USA and ISIS in Iraq 6 hr nac 43
OBAMA is the BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Nov '10) 7 hr Opinion 14,814
Nassau/Suffolk High School Football (Nov '11) 8 hr the real deal 10,343
•••

New York News Video

•••
•••

New York Jobs