Knicks talk back
Ricky D

Cumming, GA

#6535 Jul 21, 2014
If Phil is interested there is a player from TSU that could be a good pick up of the Knicks. His name is Aaric Murray PF(6'10" 210). Does anyone know Phil #??? Maybe he will listen while 'daddy Walsh' and 'Jungle Dan' didn't.
LAKERS 4 LIFE

Philadelphia, PA

#6536 Jul 21, 2014
reddevil76 wrote:
<quoted text>No more major moves, this season will be a wash in my opinion.
I see and seems like the Lakers and Knicks are in the same boat.... Which is wait to make a splash in the 2015 free agency......

Wouldn't overpay a guy like Stephenson, Parsons or 2nd/3rd/4th tier players more than they’re worth...... That's the mentality of the smal market teams which is throw money at them....

It’s a high risk high reward strategy that a lot of people are uncomfortable with..... I’m okay with getting draft picks and working on the cap flexibility.... I also want my team to compete no matter who's on the floor..... I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying.....

I saw you and Ricky reveal your ages and I have to say you guys have more sports knowledge than most 50 plus people that I know.... I'm 32 and I'll be 33 on Sept 1.... I know I'm a baby lol....

Since: Mar 07

Columbia, SC

#6537 Jul 21, 2014
LAKERS 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> I see and seems like the Lakers and Knicks are in the same boat.... Which is wait to make a splash in the 2015 free agency......
Wouldn't overpay a guy like Stephenson, Parsons or 2nd/3rd/4th tier players more than they’re worth...... That's the mentality of the smal market teams which is throw money at them....
It’s a high risk high reward strategy that a lot of people are uncomfortable with..... I’m okay with getting draft picks and working on the cap flexibility.... I also want my team to compete no matter who's on the floor..... I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying.....
I saw you and Ricky reveal your ages and I have to say you guys have more sports knowledge than most 50 plus people that I know.... I'm 32 and I'll be 33 on Sept 1.... I know I'm a baby lol....
Yeah us old guys really get worked up over the Knicks, I just enjoy the back and forth. LOL, at the end of the day it just fun. BTW thanks for all the kind words, you're are #1 in my book.

Columbia, SC

#6538 Jul 21, 2014
HarleyRyder wrote:
<quoted text>
This is absolutely true. Most games were on WOR (ch 9), but often tape delay. And of course you could always listen to the game on the radio. As for Phils nickname, I remembered it as Action Jackson. Don't remember him having any other nicknames back then. The Zenmaster came waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay later in his life. Phil was fun to watch, but didn't have the smoothest game. Played D, threw elbows (not vicously) and was a good role player.
You're right, the good old days, actually I don't recall many nationally televised games back then, I remember even as far back as the late 70's the playoffs were on tape delay. Magic and Bird changed the landscape after the big ratings in the 79 NCAA finals Michigan St vs Indiana St, the NBA realized it was time to go big on national tv coverage.
Ricky D

Cumming, GA

#6540 Jul 26, 2014
Now this is what I like to see(article below). I started to post the other day about no offers to the T Wolves for K. Love. Maybe old 'Head & Shoulders' know something about building a team, lol. It still to early but with the Bynum article and his try for Love shows something.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/234427/R...
Ricky D

Cumming, GA

#6541 Aug 6, 2014
See where the Knicks traded Tyler. Now I don't know what Phil reasoning is but I hope it a good one. I see that the Kings may waive him and the Knicks can resign him. Read some of the comments about the trade everybody was saying 'Oh No, not Tyler'.

Did anyone see Acy play during the summer league???
Ricky D

Cumming, GA

#6542 Aug 6, 2014
It hard for me to see why you would trade Tyler at 6' 10" for Acy at 6' 7" to play power forward. It makes no sense to me. Again Phil shows his BB knowledge.

Columbia, SC

#6543 Aug 6, 2014
Looks like Tyler was expendable based on the need for the small forward position, as one writer mentioned how much ceiling does Tyler have? Acy is a tough defensive minded player who will bring defensive tenacity to the second team which right now looks very weak defensively. Kings are rumored to cut him loose, is everybody wrong about this guy? Or are fans intrigue by his garbage time points during regular season and his good showing in summer league, even though I didn't see the strong rebounding and rim protection for a guy 6' 10".
Ricky D

Cumming, GA

#6544 Aug 7, 2014
In Real BB knowledge there certain rules that apply. One very important rule is that 'you can't teach height'. Let me say it again 'YOU CAN'T TEACH HEIGHT'. If we don't have a starting or 1st team PF then why worry about the 2nd team? THAT CALLED A QUESTION: A GM/Pres. that is worried about the 2nd team SF when the 1st PF is questionable(very questionable) isn't much of a GM. This is a good indicator that he doesn't know what wins 'REAL CHAMPIONSHIPS'. He should because he played on a Real Championship Team. He never started but was a very good 2nd team player.

Questions: Do you have a Center? Do you have a PF? Do you have a PG? Of course I mean 1st team that you can win a Championship with. The answer is NO to all of the above. We a overpaid SF and PF for WHAT??? I left out coach on purpose.

Could Tyler be any worse than Amare'?? BTW, rim protection is the responsibility of the center not the PF in 'Real BB'. I'm not sure in other formats.

Columbia, SC

#6545 Aug 7, 2014
In the summer league I believe Tyler played center, what Phil inherited at PF is garbage, bloated contacts that apparently were impossible to move.

Columbia, SC

#6546 Aug 7, 2014
I checked the roster and Cole Aldrich was starting center, played well then got hurt in 2nd game and Tyler who they list at 6'9" basically played out of position. l like Tyler, lets see who picks him up.

Columbia, SC

#6547 Aug 7, 2014
Ricky D wrote:
In Real BB knowledge there certain rules that apply. One very important rule is that 'you can't teach height'. Let me say it again 'YOU CAN'T TEACH HEIGHT'. If we don't have a starting or 1st team PF then why worry about the 2nd team? THAT CALLED A QUESTION: A GM/Pres. that is worried about the 2nd team SF when the 1st PF is questionable(very questionable) isn't much of a GM. This is a good indicator that he doesn't know what wins 'REAL CHAMPIONSHIPS'. He should because he played on a Real Championship Team. He never started but was a very good 2nd team player.
Questions: Do you have a Center? Do you have a PF? Do you have a PG? Of course I mean 1st team that you can win a Championship with. The answer is NO to all of the above. We a overpaid SF and PF for WHAT??? I left out coach on purpose.
Could Tyler be any worse than Amare'?? BTW, rim protection is the responsibility of the center not the PF in 'Real BB'. I'm not sure in other formats.
Mills the GM has no basketball knowledge, I agree with you, the president has a pretty strong history as a player and coach, give him a little time to see if he can handle the basketball operations gig.
Ricky D

Cumming, GA

#6548 Aug 7, 2014
Trade Cole Aldrich then!!

If you going to lose then at least be a young team with potential and upside. I don't have time for incompetent management. They get paid a lot of money for something they don't have any idea. Take the money and run after you screw things up. Why haven't I ever heard they make to much money? If this was Zach Randolph someone would be saying 'he makes to much money'. I'm not giving any time to no one!! Find away to make things happens.

I hope he gotten the message to Love not to sign a contract with Cleveland.
Ricky D

Cumming, GA

#6549 Sep 4, 2014
Jim Cleamons, Rasheed Hazzard and Brian Keefe and Joshua Longstaf and Kurt Rambis. This is the brain trust around Fisher. Interesting!!!!
Ricky D

Cumming, GA

#6550 Sep 5, 2014
Well looks like the Kings are going to release Jeremy Tyler. Lets see what the Knicks Management does now.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/234803/J...

Columbia, SC

#6551 Sep 6, 2014
reddevil76 wrote:
Looks like Tyler was expendable based on the need for the small forward position, as one writer mentioned how much ceiling does Tyler have? Acy is a tough defensive minded player who will bring defensive tenacity to the second team which right now looks very weak defensively. Kings are rumored to cut him loose, is everybody wrong about this guy? Or are fans intrigue by his garbage time points during regular season and his good showing in summer league, even though I didn't see the strong rebounding and rim protection for a guy 6' 10".
Is everybody still wrong about Tyler?
Ricky D

Cumming, GA

#6552 Sep 10, 2014
A few years ago I posted a comment about Frank Williams(PG, Illinois) that was drafted but traded a by Isiah. Franks was the last PG at the time to lead to Knicks to 6 straight victories. Now when he was trade to the Bulls there never to be enough playing time. He was in one of those situations that he wasn't drafted by Isiah or the Bulls. In other words, he wasn't there 'Boy'. This didn't mean that Frank was talented enough just there were other players who management had to justify drafting in order to save face. Ok, here we go with that saying again, "BB Knowledge".

I'll end this by saying,'Was everybody(except me) wrong about Zach'?? You don't have to answer.

It seen that I'm always teaching school here.

Columbia, SC

#6554 Sep 16, 2014
Ricky D wrote:
A few years ago I posted a comment about Frank Williams(PG, Illinois) that was drafted but traded a by Isiah. Franks was the last PG at the time to lead to Knicks to 6 straight victories. Now when he was trade to the Bulls there never to be enough playing time. He was in one of those situations that he wasn't drafted by Isiah or the Bulls. In other words, he wasn't there 'Boy'. This didn't mean that Frank was talented enough just there were other players who management had to justify drafting in order to save face. Ok, here we go with that saying again, "BB Knowledge".
I'll end this by saying,'Was everybody(except me) wrong about Zach'?? You don't have to answer.
It seen that I'm always teaching school here.
You always speak championships, so based on that yes, what has Zach won?

Columbia, SC

#6555 Sep 16, 2014
Rick I meant NO. lol
Ricky D

Cumming, GA

#6556 Sep 23, 2014
reddevil76 wrote:
<quoted text>You always speak championships, so based on that yes, what has Zach won?
Well, you lost me! How did the topic change to championships? This was about everybody being right about Tyler, huh.

When you should have been speaking up for keeping Zach. You were on the bandwagon of 'he makes to much money', he doesn't play defense, and lastly 'We can't win with Zach'. Memphis seen to be winning with him. MORE THAN THE KNICKS!!!

I been dying to ask you this question. Who or Whom taught you the game of BB(NBA)??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Will Huma cut off Weiner? 20 min Huma Dingdong 1
Another reason to vote Trump 44 min Done press 2
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr mdbuilder 61,095
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 1 hr momma chamberlin 41,542
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 1 hr jimi-yank 332,129
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 3 hr rainmaker2016 15,187
Kate Wiegel atlantic city public defender a fil... 4 hr Plottmasteram 1
Topix Human Sexuality Forum Discontinued 4 hr Jennifer 58
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Dec '14) 4 hr NEMO RINO Republican 11,974
Giants talk back (Dec '06) 8 hr the don 5,131
Nassau/Suffolk High School Football (Nov '11) Aug 28 ChiefFan1 13,371

New York Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

New York Mortgages