LAKERS 4 LIFE

United States

#6452 Jun 9, 2014
Ricky D wrote:
Lets talk about what you would do to improve the Knicks. Just don't say nothing!!! Get rid of this person or that person(players). Trade this player or that player. Be detailed about what you would do.
BTW, everybody knows what I would do so its no use in saying the same thing over again.
Knicks hire Fisher as the new head coach..... Didn't expect them to hire him especially since he had no coaching experience ......
Ricky D

Cumming, GA

#6453 Jun 9, 2014
LAKERS 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> Knicks hire Fisher as the new head coach..... Didn't expect them to hire him especially since he had no coaching experience ......
Yeah, I'm not thrill!!!
Madison Square Graveyard

Trumbull, CT

#6454 Jun 10, 2014
Jackson and Fisher are probably hanging out in Cali, smoking some fine weed and drinking some good wine; and laughing at the suckers paying their salaries.
LAKERS 4 LIFE

United States

#6455 Jun 13, 2014
Ricky D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I'm not thrill!!!
I know you at not and I don't blame you.... The only reason he got the job was because of Phil... We will have to see what transpires with this move......

Maybe IF Melo returns, with the same roster basically, I truly believe this is a playoff team if they can get the system down..... With all the injuries and inconsistent play they were still in the playoff race...... Not to mention the East being weak.....

Melo’s gonna get his no matter what.... Maybe they can run an offense that gets guys like JR and Shumpert better looks..... Not to mention get them to shoot at higher percentages which would have been the difference in a lot of close games they lost last season.....
LAKERS 4 LIFE

Brooklyn, NY

#6456 Jun 13, 2014
Ok Knicks fans, rumors are running wild about Carmelo possibly joining the Miami Heat.... The Big 3 actually taking another pay cut to bring him in....

Sorry, but I thought the NBA was trying to eliminate the power/super teams?.... Would they block this trade?.... So what do you guys think?......

If Melo signs with the Heat, he could potentially leave more than $70 million on the table.... Even still that extra year is going be worth a lot which is something that he is not going to get anywhere else......

4 yrs $96 million is the max he can get from the Knicks.....Who is giving him that from his list of preferred destinations of New York, Chicago, Houston and Miami?..... I know most are saying let him walk.....
LAKERS 4 LIFE

United States

#6457 Jun 15, 2014
Good morning..... Even though i'm not a father, Happy Fathers Day to all the Fathers out there.... God Bless You All....
Ricky D

Cumming, GA

#6458 Jun 22, 2014
Tomorrow is D-Day for Melo, huh?? Sources say he is going to opt out.

The Knicks should look to Tyler, Hardaway, Shumpert, Murray, Prigioni and Chandler. Try to get back Hill(Lakers) and Copeland(Pacers). Lets sign A. Bynum and Beasley(Heat). Chemistry will be the key with 1st six players(maybe Copeland since he is only one year removed). A starting lineup of Chandler, Hill or Tyler, Copeland, Hardaway and Murray. If the career of both the 'B' be regain then you have the making of a pretty good team. Again Chemistry is the key. Tyler, Hill and Murray are the big keys to success for me. Getting strong play from two young PF and PG would help in bring this team around.

Since: Mar 07

Blythewood, SC

#6460 Jun 25, 2014
Well the Phil Jackson era has arrived, Chandler and Felton are now wearing Mavs uniform.
LAKERS 4 LIFE

Miami, FL

#6461 Jun 25, 2014
reddevil76 wrote:
Well the Phil Jackson era has arrived, Chandler and Felton are now wearing Mavs uniform.
So how do you like this deal?.... In my opinion good trade for the Knicks.....

Tyson was going to be an expiring contract....So the get something or let him walk for nothing decision was coming.....Getting rid of Felton's contract was a good thing and Larkin might be a good player especially if he's fully recovered from that foot injury......

Dalembert can be kept if the Knicks want him to play center.... His money is not guaranteed, so he can also be cut if they want to save some cash..... Not to mention 2 draft picks as well.....

Blythewood, SC

#6462 Jun 25, 2014
LAKERS 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> So how do you like this deal?.... In my opinion good trade for the Knicks.....
Tyson was going to be an expiring contract....So the get something or let him walk for nothing decision was coming.....Getting rid of Felton's contract was a good thing and Larkin might be a good player especially if he's fully recovered from that foot injury......
Dalembert can be kept if the Knicks want him to play center.... His money is not guaranteed, so he can also be cut if they want to save some cash..... Not to mention 2 draft picks as well.....
Too many moving parts to analyze, lets wait for the draft and see what other tricks Phil has up his sleeve. My initial reaction is any move involving the one way ticket out of town for Felton was a positive move by Jackson.
Ricky D

Cumming, GA

#6463 Jun 26, 2014
Felton will make 3mil + for the next two years. Calendron is going to my 7mil + over the next two years. Why not keep Felton?? Are going anywhere next year?? Calendron is 33 years old!!! Is this about Money?? Is this about Long Term?? If so then keeping Felton makes more sense than this trade.

Those two 2nd round picks. How many good or average players are coming from the second round these days?? Answer not many at all. So again, is this about Money?? Is this about the Future??? If so then making this trade makes no sense!!!

Read in the Post that this was the best trade in the last 25 year(since Derek Harper trade). Of course I would disagree with that bring in Zach is the best trade over the last 25 years. Daddy Walsh and Jungle Dan quickly erased that positive. Over and over I have written about most people don't know 'Real BB' and Talent. If you look it happen over and over.

Blythewood, SC

#6464 Jun 26, 2014
What rounds were Copeland and Tyler drafted, just based on your previous post, those 2nd round picks could be valuable, just saying.......

Blythewood, SC

#6465 Jun 26, 2014
I forgot, what round was Murray drafted in? Hardaway was drafted late 1st round? In a deeper draft they might find a few gems this year, just saying......
Ricky D

Cumming, GA

#6466 Jun 27, 2014
I have read a couple article that mention Jackson and chemistry. The lack on chemistry on last season team and bring in chemistry with this trade. First question - Who, what, or why didn't last season team have chemistry? Second question - how does this trade bring in chemistry from another team?

The first should have been pretty easy for him to figure out since he is such a Great Coach(but he is the President now, huh). Hey should I cut him some lack in an unfamiliar job, lol. Ok moving on. Melo is the chemistry issue!!! Then why fire Woodson?? In Woodson defensive this was a team given to him not of his making. If some of you remember I posted comments on this team 1. Would he be happy with this team. 2. He was not making the move but someone else. If you going to fire someone a least let it be for moves he made. You trade off your best defensive player. Generally defense is the first key to chemistry.

The second question is very confusing as that teams(players) gain chemistry thru playing and practicing together. There are 'looks','winks', a pat on the arm or leg, a look away that are gain in building chemistry. A 33 year old PG?? I don't understand!!!

Blythewood, SC

#6467 Jun 28, 2014
Cleanthony Early should make roster, that could be that gem in that 2nd round, just saying.......
Ricky D

Cumming, GA

#6468 Jun 28, 2014
Well you can be sure of one thing. There want be any mentioning of Isiah Thomas coming back to Knicks as long as Jackson is their.

Is Jackson making the same mistakes that Thomas made? In several post I stated that Isiah didn't evaluate the team before he made moves/trades. Jackson and Thomas basically on the job for the same length of time. I never read anything where Jackson look at last season and compared it to this season. Never read anything about rebounding and low post scoring being a concern. Of course you need a big man and there anything said about that either. At least Isiah addressed the rebounding and low post scoring with Zach trade.
LAKERS 4 LIFE

Marcus Hook, PA

#6470 Jun 28, 2014
reddevil76 wrote:
<quoted text>Too many moving parts to analyze, lets wait for the draft and see what other tricks Phil has up his sleeve. My initial reaction is any move involving the one way ticket out of town for Felton was a positive move by Jackson.
Lol most Knicks fans agreed that if you can trade Felton off your team you automatically win the deal.....

Chandler wasn't in their long term plans anyway, so it's not as if they're losing a part of the team Phil is trying to build......Felton has totally given up on playing defense and has lost a step offensively....

So to rid yourself of that unfavorable deal, while gaining a quality starting point guad(who you can still trade) and good young piece in Larking..... Also 2 picks is which is better than 0 picks.....

You've got two pieces who don't influence your 2015 cap situation.... Larkin on a rookie deal and Dalembert will be a FA by then.....Both can simply be place holders until next summer....
LAKERS 4 LIFE

Marcus Hook, PA

#6471 Jun 28, 2014
Ricky D wrote:
Felton will make 3mil + for the next two years. Calendron is going to my 7mil + over the next two years. Why not keep Felton?? Are going anywhere next year?? Calendron is 33 years old!!! Is this about Money?? Is this about Long Term?? If so then keeping Felton makes more sense than this trade.
Those two 2nd round picks. How many good or average players are coming from the second round these days?? Answer not many at all. So again, is this about Money?? Is this about the Future??? If so then making this trade makes no sense!!!
Read in the Post that this was the best trade in the last 25 year(since Derek Harper trade). Of course I would disagree with that bring in Zach is the best trade over the last 25 years. Daddy Walsh and Jungle Dan quickly erased that positive. Over and over I have written about most people don't know 'Real BB' and Talent. If you look it happen over and over.
Could be about the money long term Rick.... Not to mention most wanted Felton out of NY.... Look at it this way financially.....

Dalembert buy out $1.8million....$3.8mill for the season..Larkin, Calderon, Ellington contracts total $11 million... Chandler & Felton contracts $19 million next season..... Like I was telling Red, you can always trade Calderon and Phil will do more trades.....

With 2 picks in this draft that can possibly become role players or bargaining chips....They owed chandler and Felton about $19 million and now with the 3 additions only about $12 million ....So they're actually saving money and you still have $35 million coming off in 2015.....

Blythewood, SC

#6472 Jun 29, 2014
While I don't agree with the way Jason Kidd threw Billy King under the bus, its about time someone did. No Jason is not ready to run basketball operations in Brooklyn, but Billy King has now duplicated failure in two different cities, clearly he is not capable of running a franchise. Lets see how quickly Kidd gets the Bucks up and running, I believe he'll get the job done, while King continues to drag Brooklyn down with all his poor decisions.
LAKERS 4 LIFE

United States

#6473 Jun 29, 2014
reddevil76 wrote:
While I don't agree with the way Jason Kidd threw Billy King under the bus, its about time someone did. No Jason is not ready to run basketball operations in Brooklyn, but Billy King has now duplicated failure in two different cities, clearly he is not capable of running a franchise. Lets see how quickly Kidd gets the Bucks up and running, I believe he'll get the job done, while King continues to drag Brooklyn down with all his poor decisions.
We'll have to wait and see what happens with Kidd.... Very weird, but not surprising at the same time....

What a difference an ownership group makes.....Kings owner Vivek Ranadive would no way look for someone with all those red flags.....It always starts at the top and some of these owners you can tell aren't good businessmen......

The Bucks owners might be looking to position a sale to Seattle at a nice profit......No other reason to hire a screw- up like Kidd to run your operations.....Unless you're looking to torch your "hometown" support......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 11 min FuMan Chu Yanks 313,590
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 12 min -Sprocket- 10,282
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 38 min Pearl Jam 308,912
We VS We (Nov '09) 1 hr ILAL 1,903
OBAMA is the BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Nov '10) 1 hr Conservative Enfo... 18,068
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER 1 hr TOASTER 1,202
The Three R's: Reichwing Republican Rants (Sep '10) 1 hr ILAL 1,502
Nassau/Suffolk High School Football (Nov '11) 4 hr Fb fan 12,212

New York News Video

New York Dating