Knicks talk back
Ricky D

Cumming, GA

#6278 Dec 18, 2013
reddevil76 wrote:
<quoted text>The problem with trying to trade Melo is two fold, 1st what you take back in matching salary, and 2nd the team that takes him have to be assured that he will sign with them, remember he is opting out. Lo.ve would be great, but you need a second piece to swayed him
Trading Melo to the Lakers would solve option 2. The first part of the Melo trade is what bother me. They could package Hill, Gasol, money and draft picks(If they have any worth anything).

As for Love and that second piece to sway him. Do you mean a good PG or another star player? I'm sure he wants to be the man and not share the spotlight.

Since: Mar 07

Oklahoma City, OK

#6279 Dec 18, 2013
Ricky D wrote:
<quoted text>
Trading Melo to the Lakers would solve option 2. The first part of the Melo trade is what bother me. They could package Hill, Gasol, money and draft picks(If they have any worth anything).
As for Love and that second piece to sway him. Do you mean a good PG or another star player? I'm sure he wants to be the man and not share the spotlight.
I think the Lakers have an idea that Carmelo might sign with them in off season, so they might want to send Gasol somewhere else for picks or someone like Chandler if he was made available. Love would want to have a facilitator, and a Robin. Also I know you're a big fan of Hill, he's okay but I don't see him as a must have.
LAKERS 4 LIFE

East Hartford, CT

#6280 Dec 18, 2013
reddevil76 wrote:
<quoted text>I think the Lakers have an idea that Carmelo might sign with them in off season, so they might want to send Gasol somewhere else for picks or someone like Chandler if he was made available. Love would want to have a facilitator, and a Robin. Also I know you're a big fan of Hill, he's okay but I don't see him as a must have.
To be honest, I wouldn't mind having Carmelo, but Shumpert has to be in the deal also.... Lol.... You can't have Hill..... Not that many 20pt 10 rbs guys in the league....

Love is a very interesting player.....They do want to send Gasol somewhere, but no takers at the moment..... He should have been traded 2 years ago.....
Ricky D

Cumming, GA

#6281 Dec 18, 2013
reddevil76 wrote:
<quoted text>I think the Lakers have an idea that Carmelo might sign with them in off season, so they might want to send Gasol somewhere else for picks or someone like Chandler if he was made available. Love would want to have a facilitator, and a Robin. Also I know you're a big fan of Hill, he's okay but I don't see him as a must have.
So if you looking at Love then what or who will be the facilitator and a Robin? Who would he want or whom do you think he would want?
The right coach could make Hill a star I think. I would pair him with Hardaway and Tyler and see what would happen.
LAKERS 4 LIFE

East Hartford, CT

#6282 Dec 18, 2013
Ricky D wrote:
<quoted text>
So if you looking at Love then what or who will be the facilitator and a Robin? Who would he want or whom do you think he would want?
The right coach could make Hill a star I think. I would pair him with Hardaway and Tyler and see what would happen.
I don't think the Lakers will give up Hill..... You like him the same reasons I like him.... Athletic, can play defense, can score inside, can rebound.....

As I was telling Red, I want Shumpert with Melo also lol.... As soon as Dantoni is fired shiS Melo over here..... With the right coaching who knows..Shumpert reminds me of a Trevor Ariza type player..... Still don't want the Knicks to trade him though.......
LAKERS 4 LIFE

United States

#6284 Dec 20, 2013
http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2013/11/13/blog...

Red, Ricky and Harley.... Here is an article and some suggestions about how you can go about fixing the Knicks.....Sekou Smith may have said it best.....

Sekou Smith, NBA.com : It cannot be done with this roster. And no mid-season trade will fix what ails these Knicks. The fix for the Knicks is a much more long-term operation. The salary-cap disaster they are dealing with right now (the expiring $49.7 million in salary owed to Amar’e Stoudemire, Tyson Chandler and Andrea Bargnani doesn’t allow for any seismic moves before the summer of 2014) isn’t as easy to fix as it once was. The new collective bargaining agreement doesn’t have the loopholes it once did. That means the Knicks are basically stuck with trying to make this current roster work.

The best way to fix the Knicks is to wait until 2015 when Stoudemire, Chandler and Bargnani all come off the books.... Trading Melo next season will help also.... Give him to the Lakers lol......

Oklahoma City, OK

#6285 Dec 21, 2013
LAKERS 4 LIFE wrote:
http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/ 2013/11/13/blogtable-fixing-th e-knicks/
Red, Ricky and Harley.... Here is an article and some suggestions about how you can go about fixing the Knicks.....Sekou Smith may have said it best.....
Sekou Smith, NBA.com : It cannot be done with this roster. And no mid-season trade will fix what ails these Knicks. The fix for the Knicks is a much more long-term operation. The salary-cap disaster they are dealing with right now (the expiring $49.7 million in salary owed to Amar’e Stoudemire, Tyson Chandler and Andrea Bargnani doesn’t allow for any seismic moves before the summer of 2014) isn’t as easy to fix as it once was. The new collective bargaining agreement doesn’t have the loopholes it once did. That means the Knicks are basically stuck with trying to make this current roster work.
The best way to fix the Knicks is to wait until 2015 when Stoudemire, Chandler and Bargnani all come off the books.... Trading Melo next season will help also.... Give him to the Lakers lol......
Its the same situation they were in when they signed Stats to a 100 mil and no insurance, and the turn around and traded for Carmelo. My point is what will change after 2014, the same guy will make final decision regardless of who the puppet GM happens to be...... Carmelo won't be traded next year since he has plans to opt out of contract after this season, so unless you find a team willing to do what the Knicks did when they traded for him, which was mortage your team and hope he signs, how did that work out for the Knicks? That trade is still debatable on who won, but the Nuggets do have a draft pick fom that deal, what do the Knicks have, a disgruntled Carmelo. I will not blame that trade as the straw that broke the back, but the Stats signing has been a horrific failure after the 1st season.
LAKERS 4 LIFE

Philadelphia, PA

#6286 Dec 22, 2013
reddevil76 wrote:
<quoted text>Its the same situation they were in when they signed Stats to a 100 mil and no insurance, and the turn around and traded for Carmelo. My point is what will change after 2014, the same guy will make final decision regardless of who the puppet GM happens to be...... Carmelo won't be traded next year since he has plans to opt out of contract after this season, so unless you find a team willing to do what the Knicks did when they traded for him, which was mortage your team and hope he signs, how did that work out for the Knicks? That trade is still debatable on who won, but the Nuggets do have a draft pick fom that deal, what do the Knicks have, a disgruntled Carmelo. I will not blame that trade as the straw that broke the back, but the Stats signing has been a horrific failure after the 1st season.
The STATS signing did turn out to be a huge setback and do you think the Knicks would make that same mistake twice?.... We both know it's always a huge gamble when you sign a player to a huge contract..... Unfortunately the Knicks were on the wrong sides of the coin this time......

I think the Lakers were trying to possibly get another superstar next year when Gasol, Nash etc all come off the books.... Most were thinking Melo would be a possibility.... That 2 year extension Kobe signed may have put a damper in that, but we shall see.....

As for Dolan, his solo act so to speak has really screwed up the Knick franchise.... If they would have gave Pat Riley more control over the organization like he wanted before he bolted for the Heat would things be different?.... Take a look at this article..... Https://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/1895898...
Wun Hung Lo

AOL

#6287 Dec 22, 2013
LAKERS 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> The STATS signing did turn out to be a huge setback and do you think the Knicks would make that same mistake twice?.... We both know it's always a huge gamble when you sign a player to a huge contract..... Unfortunately the Knicks were on the wrong sides of the coin this time......
I think the Lakers were trying to possibly get another superstar next year when Gasol, Nash etc all come off the books.... Most were thinking Melo would be a possibility.... That 2 year extension Kobe signed may have put a damper in that, but we shall see.....
As for Dolan, his solo act so to speak has really screwed up the Knick franchise.... If they would have gave Pat Riley more control over the organization like he wanted before he bolted for the Heat would things be different?.... Take a look at this article..... Https://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/1895898...
No one care about basketbarr. Dumb game ( not sport).

Ret's Go Mets !!!

Oklahoma City, OK

#6288 Dec 22, 2013
I normally don't do this, but I copied a long article from Lupica about the Knicks, its similar to my point on my last post.
This isn’t about the championship banners at the top of the Garden, or the collective memory of the place, or its fading reputation as a pro basketball “mecca.” This is about what has been happening on the Garden floor for an amazingly long time.
And now those running the basketball operation are supposed to be evaluating the coach on a game-to-game basis? Really? Who evaluates them? Which Knicks fans in their right minds think that this group of evaluators is going to turn the Knicks into the Heat or Spurs or Pacers?
Over the past 13 years of NBA basketball, here is the history on the Knicks, who constantly trade so much off ancient history: They have played a total of six playoff series, four of them in the first round. They were swept twice in those series. Their won-loss postseason record for this era? Or error? It is 9-21.
But now firing Mike Woodson, getting rid of him the way they got rid of Lenny Wilkens and Don Chaney and Larry Brown, is supposed to be the latest brilliant solution at the Garden, even though Woodson’s regular-season record is 80-52 and the record for everybody else over the previous 11 seasons is a sparkling 339-523.
The Knicks came into this season looking to all the world as capped out as they were until Walsh dramatically cleared all that cap space for them one Friday afternoon when he got rid of Zach Randolph and Jamal Crawford. Immediately we all began looking down the road, to the point in the distance when the Knicks would have money to spend on LeBron James when James became a free agent.
Now there is another point in the distance at which to stare, a couple of more years down the road, when they will again have money to spend when contracts such as Amar’e Stoudemire’s finally come off the books. In the interim, their only short-term solution, other than ripping the whole thing apart again the way they ripped apart the inside of the Garden on this big fancy renovation, is throwing a max contract at Anthony, begging him to stay even as they will be able to offer him $30 million more than the field.
RELATED: DESPITE CURFEW, KNICKS SLEEP THROUGH MATINEE LOSS TO GRIZZLIES
Why do they have to keep him? Because they will look like fools if they don’t after trading half their basketball team for him and what would have been a No. 1 pick in the best college draft in years.
That’s why.
The Knicks don’t have to change coaches. They have to drastically change the way they do business, their entire philosophy. There have been all these weird media grudges across this generation, all this palace intrigue, all these leaks and general meanness. But ask yourself this question:
How has all that worked out for them?
LAKERS 4 LIFE

Lawrence, MA

#6289 Dec 23, 2013
reddevil76 wrote:
I normally don't do this, but I copied a long article from Lupica about the Knicks, its similar to my point on my last post.
This isn’t about the championship banners at the top of the Garden, or the collective memory of the place, or its fading reputation as a pro basketball “mecca.” This is about what has been happening on the Garden floor for an amazingly long time.
And now those running the basketball operation are supposed to be evaluating the coach on a game-to-game basis? Really? Who evaluates them? Which Knicks fans in their right minds think that this group of evaluators is going to turn the Knicks into the Heat or Spurs or Pacers?
Over the past 13 years of NBA basketball, here is the history on the Knicks, who constantly trade so much off ancient history: They have played a total of six playoff series, four of them in the first round. They were swept twice in those series. Their won-loss postseason record for this era? Or error? It is 9-21.
But now firing Mike Woodson, getting rid of him the way they got rid of Lenny Wilkens and Don Chaney and Larry Brown, is supposed to be the latest brilliant solution at the Garden, even though Woodson’s regular-season record is 80-52 and the record for everybody else over the previous 11 seasons is a sparkling 339-523.
The Knicks came into this season looking to all the world as capped out as they were until Walsh dramatically cleared all that cap space for them one Friday afternoon when he got rid of Zach Randolph and Jamal Crawford. Immediately we all began looking down the road, to the point in the distance when the Knicks would have money to spend on LeBron James when James became a free agent.
Now there is another point in the distance at which to stare, a couple of more years down the road, when they will again have money to spend when contracts such as Amar’e Stoudemire’s finally come off the books. In the interim, their only short-term solution, other than ripping the whole thing apart again the way they ripped apart the inside of the Garden on this big fancy renovation, is throwing a max contract at Anthony, begging him to stay even as they will be able to offer him $30 million more than the field.
RELATED: DESPITE CURFEW, KNICKS SLEEP THROUGH MATINEE LOSS TO GRIZZLIES
Why do they have to keep him? Because they will look like fools if they don’t after trading half their basketball team for him and what would have been a No. 1 pick in the best college draft in years.
That’s why.
The Knicks don’t have to change coaches. They have to drastically change the way they do business, their entire philosophy. There have been all these weird media grudges across this generation, all this palace intrigue, all these leaks and general meanness. But ask yourself this question:
How has all that worked out for them?
Don't get me wrong I wasn't disagreeing with you at all about the state of the Knicks..... I think we all bring some good points.about what is wrong with them and what pattern they have been in as far as free agency, injuries, bad contracts, bad management moves over the years...... Hope they don't fire Woodson.....

When you consistently do the same thing over and over and over again you are going to get the same results...... Now will this trend continue is the huge question going foward.... Dolan needs to listen to what the fans are saying, but dollar signs are all that he sees.....

Columbia, SC

#6290 Dec 23, 2013
LAKERS 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> Don't get me wrong I wasn't disagreeing with you at all about the state of the Knicks..... I think we all bring some good points.about what is wrong with them and what pattern they have been in as far as free agency, injuries, bad contracts, bad management moves over the years...... Hope they don't fire Woodson.....
When you consistently do the same thing over and over and over again you are going to get the same results...... Now will this trend continue is the huge question going foward.... Dolan needs to listen to what the fans are saying, but dollar signs are all that he sees.....
I know you weren't.
Ricky D

Cumming, GA

#6291 Dec 24, 2013
Dolan problem is that he has listen to the commissioner and league telling him what to do. He became gun shay of making a decision after the Isiah Thomas mess thing up at the Garden. I guess he figured that taking Magic advice to hire I.T. was a mistake so why not take the commissioner. That was worse that I.T.(he did give us Zach & Crawford). They gave us Amare' and Melo. Don't get me wrong I.T should be gone too.
Dolan has no one to turn too. If only someone could tell him about me,:)
LAKERS 4 LIFE

United States

#6292 Dec 25, 2013
reddevil76 wrote:
<quoted text>I know you weren't.
Ho ho ho!!!!! Lol.... Just wanted to say Merry Christmas to all the Knicks, NBA fans and everyone all over the world.... God Bless you all and all your families as well.... Devil, Ricky and Harley it's always a pleasure to talk sports with you guys.....

Columbia, SC

#6293 Dec 25, 2013
Happy Holidays to the Knicks forum!!!!

“Let's go Yankees”

Since: Jul 08

Long Island

#6294 Dec 25, 2013
Merry Christmas guys
Ricky D

Cumming, GA

#6295 Dec 25, 2013
Thanks for the nice words, LAKERS 4 LIFE:

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL!!
Donny Berger
#6296 Dec 25, 2013
Basketball's a stupid game.
LAKERS 4 LIFE

East Hartford, CT

#6297 Dec 27, 2013
http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/12/27/524808...

So Dolan says no trades will be made at this point..... What do you think Knicks fans?.....

Despite a 9-19 record coming out of the xmas break, Knicks are only three games behind the Raptors who are in the division lead..... Plenty of games left and also getting healthy is start.....
LAKERS 4 LIFE

Brooklyn, NY

#6298 Dec 28, 2013
Knicks were shorthanded last night.... No Melo and Felton..... They had the game until the 4th quater..... They were outscored 29-12 in the final frame....

Amare didn't play that much tonight.... There were reports about his wrist swelling up.... 0 points for Shumpert?.... That's the 4th time this season he has done that.....

The rematch is today in Toronto..... Woodson said Melo won't be back for a while.... Injuries are killing this team, but yet the EAST is so bad they are still in it.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 31 min OzRitz 60,195
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Dec '14) 47 min Larry Bird 11,048
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 1 hr Princess Hey 14,713
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 1 hr met fan 40,294
Time to go? (Jun '15) 1 hr Into The Night 12,051
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 1 hr Fed up Yankee fan 329,864
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 2 hr Princess Hey 15,494

New York Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

New York Mortgages