Knicks talk back
Knick 4 Life

Bronx, NY

#6114 Oct 3, 2013
reddevil76 wrote:
Ricky why did Dolan replace the GM 5 days before opening camp? Is Mills and Houston better then Daddy Walsh? Btw I know it's not all his doing but Indiana is for real
The Knick organization; Dolan in particular, have been making strange moves over the years.
And they want the fans to think they're serious about winning a championship.
LAKERS 4 LIFE

East Hartford, CT

#6115 Oct 6, 2013
reddevil76 wrote:
<quoted text>That's a fair assessment, we will see how season plays out.
What's up Devil.... NBA season is right.around the corner.... Wow that offseason went by fast lol..... I know you are ready and the.Knicks first preseason game is Wensday against the Celtics......
reddevil76

Columbia, SC

#6116 Oct 6, 2013
LAKERS 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> What's up Devil.... NBA season is right.around the corner.... Wow that offseason went by fast lol..... I know you are ready and the.Knicks first preseason game is Wensday against the Celtics......
PUTTING my money on Brooklyn this year, I was born there and clearly James Dolan is clueless in Manhattan.
LAKERS 4 LIFE

East Hartford, CT

#6117 Oct 6, 2013
Ricky D wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting article in the NY Post: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/david_t...
Ricky D hope you had a good and safe summer.... The NBA season is approaching us and so many storylines this year..... Knicks had a good season last year and made it further than most fans thought they would.....

So do you think the Knicks will be better, the same or go backwards this year?.... In my opinion, they will battle the Nets all year long for the division..... J.R Smith and Amare(who I know you are not a fan of) will miss the beginning if the season..... Looks like more shots for Melo, Felton and Iman.....

I hate the fact they lost Copeland and Novak..... I like the addition of Artest who is a good defender.... Also they have Josh Powell who has good size and most importantly can rebound.... We shall see because that was one of their main issues last season.....
LAKERS 4 LIFE

East Hartford, CT

#6118 Oct 6, 2013
reddevil76 wrote:
<quoted text>PUTTING my money on Brooklyn this year, I was born there and clearly James Dolan is clueless in Manhattan.
Well to be honest with you like I was telling Ricky both the Knicks and Nets will be at war all year.... The Nets did get better over the offseason...... Still say the Knicks are a little better than them though especially athletic wise and defensively.....

The.additions of KG, Peirce and Terry brings more leadership, toughness and experience which is something they didn't have last year.... Jason Kidd as the coach?.... Never thought I would be saying that so early lol.....

Terry is going to help Williams out a lot and I still.say he should be the leader for the Nets..... Lopez is very underrated.... They can go far, but will they have enough in the yanks in the playoffs .....
Ricky D

Cumming, GA

#6120 Oct 9, 2013
LAKERS 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> Ricky D hope you had a good and safe summer.... The NBA season is approaching us and so many storylines this year..... Knicks had a good season last year and made it further than most fans thought they would.....
So do you think the Knicks will be better, the same or go backwards this year?.... In my opinion, they will battle the Nets all year long for the division..... J.R Smith and Amare(who I know you are not a fan of) will miss the beginning if the season..... Looks like more shots for Melo, Felton and Iman.....
I hate the fact they lost Copeland and Novak..... I like the addition of Artest who is a good defender.... Also they have Josh Powell who has good size and most importantly can rebound.... We shall see because that was one of their main issues last season.....
Yeah my summer was pretty good!! I hope your summer was just as great. If you want to call the Knicks last season good. I guess but I didn't see much improvement from the
previous season. That being said lets move on to this season.

As with all teams at this point of the season. There are alot of questions and maybe very few answers. Let me start by answering your first question. The will be about the
same as last year. Now what will make them improve? Better rebounding is to me the most important. I like what young players(Murray & Tyler) from the summer league. There
were two 7 footer on that team that intrigue me. One had just started playing a few years ago. If he had pick up bad habits(not social just positioning)then send him to the
big camps(Akeem O').

Losing Copeland was big. Novak should have never been signed. There is still time to trade for Hill(Lakers).

You know Lakers 4 Life, I wonder what goes on in the head of the owners. Not just NBA owners but all major league owners. The situation at Tampa Bay is a disaster. IMO, the
owner should have fired the coach. What in the world was he look at? All the fans knew what should be done but he sit there on his hands and did nothing. Now the fans suffer
for the next three to five years because he did nothing. What in the world did they do has kids growing up?? It for sure they didn't have anyone to teach them the game.
LAKERS 4 LIFE

United States

#6121 Oct 9, 2013
Ricky D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah my summer was pretty good!! I hope your summer was just as great. If you want to call the Knicks last season good. I guess but I didn't see much improvement from the
previous season. That being said lets move on to this season.
As with all teams at this point of the season. There are alot of questions and maybe very few answers. Let me start by answering your first question. The will be about the
same as last year. Now what will make them improve? Better rebounding is to me the most important. I like what young players(Murray & Tyler) from the summer league. There
were two 7 footer on that team that intrigue me. One had just started playing a few years ago. If he had pick up bad habits(not social just positioning)then send him to the
big camps(Akeem O').
Losing Copeland was big. Novak should have never been signed. There is still time to trade for Hill(Lakers).
You know Lakers 4 Life, I wonder what goes on in the head of the owners. Not just NBA owners but all major league owners. The situation at Tampa Bay is a disaster. IMO, the
owner should have fired the coach. What in the world was he look at? All the fans knew what should be done but he sit there on his hands and did nothing. Now the fans suffer
for the next three to five years because he did nothing. What in the world did they do has kids a growing up?? It for sure they didn't have anyone to teach them the game.
Thanks man and yes i did have a great summer..... Just excited for the NBA season.....I think the Knicks will be better this year especially in the rebounding department..... Very interested to see how Murry and Tyler do.... This can help Chandler in the paint....

The scoring will be fine.... Melo, Felton, Iman and World Peace.... I just didn't like that J.R Smith is back because he's a headache.... I'm praying he gets his act together.....Tonight is their first preseason game....

As for the owners, in my opinion some of them don't care at all and it shows with the decisions they make..... That coach should have been fired because when your players don't trust you what makes you think they will play for you?.... It always starts at the top and I totally agree with you that he should have been fired on the spot....

“Another 240 million”

Since: May 09

Up in smoke

#6122 Oct 9, 2013
reddevil76 wrote:
<quoted text>PUTTING my money on Brooklyn this year, I was born there and clearly James Dolan is clueless in Manhattan.
That's right Devil you jump on the Nets bandwagon like a good frontrunner. Negrobockers might be one of the worst teams in basketball, I'm looking for a G-men season out of them. Prokhorov is far from finished with his promise of making a mockery of Jimmy Boy Dolan and MSG, I can't wait till he buys the Islanders to finish the job, maybe they can have the circus in MSG all year.
LAKERS 4 LIFE

Brooklyn, NY

#6123 Oct 16, 2013
What's up Knicks fan.... Any thoughts on this subject?.... Some want him gone and some want him to stay....

NEW YORK -- New York Knicks forward Carmelo Anthony said in a recent interview that he wants to opt out of the final year of his contract this summer and test free agency.

Anthony has two years remaining on his current contract but can opt out of the final season, worth $23.3 million.

If he decides to opt out, Anthony can make more money if he re-signs with the Knicks instead of another suitor. If Anthony chooses to opt out and sign with the Knicks, he can ink a a five-year contract worth $129,135,806. If he signs with another team, the maximum he can earn is $95,897,372 over four years, according to calculations by ESPN salary-cap expert Larry Coon. Those numbers are based on the assumption Anthony, one of the top scorers in the NBA, will sign a max contract.

Anthony hasn't said anything publicly about his plans beyond this summer. But in the New York Observer story Anthony noted that he's grown comfortable with the high expectations that come with playing in New York.

Knicks president and general manager Steve Mills said late last month that New York has "every intention" of keeping Anthony beyond this season.

The Knicks can begin negotiations with Anthony on an extension in February. But if Anthony decides to opt out, New York will likely have plenty of competition for his services.

“You have a right to....”

Since: Dec 07

protect yourself from Liberals

#6124 Oct 17, 2013
LAKERS 4 LIFE wrote:
What's up Knicks fan.... Any thoughts on this subject?.... Some want him gone and some want him to stay....
NEW YORK -- New York Knicks forward Carmelo Anthony said in a recent interview that he wants to opt out of the final year of his contract this summer and test free agency.
Anthony has two years remaining on his current contract but can opt out of the final season, worth $23.3 million.
If he decides to opt out, Anthony can make more money if he re-signs with the Knicks instead of another suitor. If Anthony chooses to opt out and sign with the Knicks, he can ink a a five-year contract worth $129,135,806. If he signs with another team, the maximum he can earn is $95,897,372 over four years, according to calculations by ESPN salary-cap expert Larry Coon. Those numbers are based on the assumption Anthony, one of the top scorers in the NBA, will sign a max contract.
Anthony hasn't said anything publicly about his plans beyond this summer. But in the New York Observer story Anthony noted that he's grown comfortable with the high expectations that come with playing in New York.
Knicks president and general manager Steve Mills said late last month that New York has "every intention" of keeping Anthony beyond this season.
The Knicks can begin negotiations with Anthony on an extension in February. But if Anthony decides to opt out, New York will likely have plenty of competition for his services.
who cares; the real team in NY plays in Brooklyn. Melo wants out because he's now in the same city with Garnett and he's afraid he'll bump into him at the express line at D'Agostino's buying a box of Honey Nut Cheerios. If the Knicks are smart, let the thug take his 8 for 24 FG shooting, La La and his Cheerios to the Lakers. That way, he can get the same coach fired in two different cities

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Since: May 08

New York, NY

#6125 Oct 17, 2013
LAKERS 4 LIFE wrote:

once melo and the stupid amare contract is done with, the knicks might have a shot at being a team, that said, dolan the dope is one of the worst owners in all of sports and he re hired his kiss azz buddy mills the perv back...

not a good situation...but getting in some better stars then melo and amare might not be that hard...

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#6126 Oct 17, 2013
Guinness Drinker wrote:
<quoted text>
who cares; the real team in NY plays in Brooklyn. Melo wants out because he's now in the same city with Garnett and he's afraid he'll bump into him at the express line at D'Agostino's buying a box of Honey Nut Cheerios. If the Knicks are smart, let the thug take his 8 for 24 FG shooting, La La and his Cheerios to the Lakers. That way, he can get the same coach fired in two different cities

the real "old" team...garnett and pierce on last legs, literally...I cannot see them past this year...they wont beat the heat anyway. bulls and indy still tough...

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#6127 Oct 17, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:
<quoted text>That's right Devil you jump on the Nets bandwagon like a good frontrunner. Negrobockers might be one of the worst teams in basketball, I'm looking for a G-men season out of them. Prokhorov is far from finished with his promise of making a mockery of Jimmy Boy Dolan and MSG, I can't wait till he buys the Islanders to finish the job, maybe they can have the circus in MSG all year.
bandwagon?? lmfao...a met fan who jumps on the red sox bandwagon is an expert at doing that...

what a fat cowardly hypocrite you are...just stfu you pig...and try not to feed the pigette as much as you do in the Carolinas...

#6128 Oct 17, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
the real "old" team...garnett and pierce on last legs, literally...I cannot see them past this year...they wont beat the heat anyway. bulls and indy still tough...
Pierce can go to age 60 and still shoot better than entire Knicks line up; Garnett is still a defensive gem who can rebound and block shots. Heat are still the team to beat

#6129 Oct 17, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
once melo and the stupid amare contract is done with, the knicks might have a shot at being a team, that said, dolan the dope is one of the worst owners in all of sports and he re hired his kiss azz buddy mills the perv back...
not a good situation...but getting in some better stars then melo and amare might not be that hard...
Dead on with Mills; we all know the first thing he did getting back in the office was putting Isiah's number on speed dial

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#6130 Oct 17, 2013
Guinness Drinker wrote:
<quoted text>
Pierce can go to age 60 and still shoot better than entire Knicks line up; Garnett is still a defensive gem who can rebound and block shots. Heat are still the team to beat

I agree, Pierce is a better shooter then anyone on the dolan gang...I just think this might be the last real effective year for them...and the heat will win again unless some injury happens to slow them down

bulls and indy are teams to watch...some good youth and talent..

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#6131 Oct 17, 2013
Guinness Drinker wrote:
<quoted text>
Dead on with Mills; we all know the first thing he did getting back in the office was putting Isiah's number on speed dial

worst 3 execs in sports...

dolan, worst owner also..
mills

and Thomas...although not on a team he is dolans supposed buddy who gives him advice and he was the worst...

special mention to glen sather of the rangers...who is another dolan kiss butt except for the rangers...
Ricky D

Cumming, GA

#6132 Oct 17, 2013
LAKERS 4 LIFE wrote:
LakerFan, you are on top of it!!! I just so it online. My take is trade him to the Kings for Cousins. We aren't going to win a championship as long as he is their. If the want Amare' then pay half his salary. The Knicks need to have a serious talk with him about retiring are letting them off the hook with his salary. Buy-out or Something!!!
LAKERS 4 LIFE

East Hartford, CT

#6133 Oct 17, 2013
Guinness Drinker wrote:
<quoted text>
Brooklyn has good team with a mixture of young and veteran players...... Those veterans add toughness, grit and playoff leadership..... Something they were lacking last year.... They will be better, but will KG, Peirce have enough in the tank in the playoffs is the main question..... Also how will Kidd do as the coach?.....

Lol why are you trying to give Melo to us?..... To be honest with you I will take him ONLY if Mike D'antoni is gone.....I have a feeling he will stay because the Knicks may offer more money......

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#6134 Oct 17, 2013
LAKERS 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> Brooklyn has good team with a mixture of young and veteran players...... Those veterans add toughness, grit and playoff leadership..... Something they were lacking last year.... They will be better, but will KG, Peirce have enough in the tank in the playoffs is the main question..... Also how will Kidd do as the coach?.....
Lol why are you trying to give Melo to us?..... To be honest with you I will take him ONLY if Mike D'antoni is gone.....I have a feeling he will stay because the Knicks may offer more money......

mike will be gone after this year for the lakers...and would be shocked if melo did not pack it in and go west...if the knicks falter he will be blamed

as for pierce and garnett, think the younger teams will pass them in the playoffs...bulls, indy and of course the heat...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Time to go? (Jun '15) 2 min Paddyd 12,684
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 6 min NYStateOfMind 333,111
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Dec '14) 8 min DILLIGAF 12,377
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 41 min cpeter1313 311,904
News Hillary Clinton Charges Racism 1 hr Nonlib 679
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 61,490
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 3 hr jimi-yank 41,909
Nassau/Suffolk High School Football (Nov '11) 21 hr An Old Sailor 13,427
Topix Human Sexuality Forum Discontinued 23 hr Dumbblondslut 139

New York Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

New York Mortgages