Knicks talk back
LAKERS 4 LIFE

United States

#5884 Apr 7, 2013
[QUOTE whLIFEo="Guinness Drinker"]<quoted text>
Martin's been a huge surprise; at least to me. I thought the Nets made a huge mistake letting him get away to Denver; but later on his knees started to go and by now, I thought he would be out of the game.[/QUOTE] I completely agree with you about Martin. The guy was just a energized beast on the defensive end. He benefited from the time away and he looks like he has fresh legs despite his age. He will be huge for them in the playoffs on the defensive side.
LAKERS 4 LIFE

United States

#5885 Apr 7, 2013
Congrats Knicks fans. Good win today in Oklahoma and that's 12 wins in a row. The magic number to clinch the division is now 1. Guys are playing great at the right time just like they did in the 1st half of the season. Still staying with what I said when the season started which is Knicks will be in the Eastern Conference Finals. Devil, no first round exit this year lol.
Ricky D

Cumming, GA

#5887 Apr 16, 2013
Q. Richardson?? REALLY!!!!

“You have a right to....”

Since: Dec 07

protect yourself from Liberals

#5888 Apr 17, 2013
Ricky D wrote:
Q. Richardson?? REALLY!!!!
can Eddy Curry be far behind ?

#5889 Apr 17, 2013
LAKERS 4 LIFE wrote:
Congrats Knicks fans. Good win today in Oklahoma and that's 12 wins in a row. The magic number to clinch the division is now 1. Guys are playing great at the right time just like they did in the 1st half of the season. Still staying with what I said when the season started which is Knicks will be in the Eastern Conference Finals. Devil, no first round exit this year lol.
take them one at time, Kid.....just get by the Celtics and go from there
LAKERS 4 LIFE

United States

#5890 Apr 17, 2013
Guinness Drinker wrote:
<quoted text>
take them one at time, Kid.....just get by the Celtics and go from there
I know, but I just believe this Knicks team can go far...... I said months ago they will make it to the Eastern Conference Finals.....Celtics will be a tough out, but I think Knicks will take them out in 5.
Ricky D

Cumming, GA

#5891 Apr 18, 2013
Guinness Drinker wrote:
<quoted text>
can Eddy Curry be far behind ?
Would Make More Sense!!!

#5892 Apr 18, 2013
Ricky D wrote:
<quoted text>
Would Make More Sense!!!
Hawthorne Wingo makes more
LAKERS 4 LIFE

United States

#5893 Apr 19, 2013
EGuinness Drinker wrote:
<quoted text>
So how do you see the Knicks Celtics series going? Also I think the Nets may have a hard time with the Bulls..... Noah may not play for the Bulls which bolds well for the Nets...
LAKERS 4 LIFE

United States

#5894 Apr 20, 2013
What's up Knicks fans the playoffs are here and the Garden is going to be rocking. We have the Celtics vs Knicks. Old school rivalry with some hard fouls and trash talk. This is going to be a good series

The Knicks have the advantage offensively with Melo, J.R Smith and 3 point shooting. The resurgence of Kenyon Martin has really help the defense out in the paint. Also he plays very well off of pick and rolls. Felton is playing like he did before his injury and Copeland might be a huge factor for them off the bench. Chandler will be back healthy and fresh . Good ball movement and hitting the open shots will be HUGE for this team. Don't be shocked if they penetrate even more instead of shooting the open 3 .

The Celtics despite all the injures are still a good defensive teams. KG will be ready and Jeff Green is playing great. Also I know they will be extra motivated because of the Boston Marathon tragedy. Peirce vs Melo is going to be a good matchup. The lost of Rondo is going to be huge in this series. They will play hard.

When it comes down to it, the Knicks have a better team overall and they have more scoring than the Celtics. Melo will have a excellent series. The Knicks are playing well at the right time. I expect them to win today and they will win the series 4-1.
Ricky D

Cumming, GA

#5895 Apr 20, 2013
Guinness Drinker wrote:
<quoted text>
'The People Choice'!!! Do you know where he is??
Ricky D

Cumming, GA

#5896 Apr 20, 2013
If we don't get home cooking then we lose this game. If anybody thinks that Jason Kidd can play defense is out of there mine. All Kidd does is foul!!! That's not defense!!!
LAKERS 4 LIFE

United States

#5897 Apr 20, 2013
Congrats Knicks fans on your boys taking a 1-0 series lead. Positives are they played excellent defense in the 2nd half and they were able to win even when the open.shots weren't falling. Negatives are the ball movement wasn't as crisp as it should have been. J.R was going one on one a little to much. Kenyon played good and he finished the game. Melo took a lot of shots, but at least he was able to play through the hard fouls and physical play.

Overall it was a good grind it out win and that's all that counts in the playoffs. I expect the Knicks to shoot better in game 2 and im sure Woodson will talk about the ball movement because you can't have to many bad possessions. 1 down and 3 to go.
LAKERS 4 LIFE

United States

#5898 Apr 20, 2013
Ricky D wrote:
If we don't get home cooking then we lose this game. If anybody thinks that Jason Kidd can play defense is out of there mine. All Kidd does is foul!!! That's not defense!!!
Nothing wrong with home cooking because trust me, when they play on the road the refs will favor the home team more...... Kidd at his age can't play defense, but he does the small things which count..... Sure he did foul, but he will make more positive plays than negative plays for this team.... Congrats on the win.

#5899 Apr 22, 2013
LAKERS 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> So how do you see the Knicks Celtics series going? Also I think the Nets may have a hard time with the Bulls..... Noah may not play for the Bulls which bolds well for the Nets...
both locals off to a good start. Nets shot terrific in game one; Carmelo shot way too many bricks. Holding Celts on "D" in 2nd half was key. Nets on tonight, why the Knicks/Celts need two whole days is ridiculous. Just another David Stern "We Need Cash For TV Ratings" trick

#5900 Apr 22, 2013
Ricky D wrote:
<quoted text>
'The People Choice'!!! Do you know where he is??
I believe he was at the recent reunion of the 1973 Championship Team. With the exception of Henry Bibby and the few who have passed, the entire team was there. Bibby is assistant coach on an NBA team; don't know which one
LAKERS 4 LIFE

United States

#5901 Apr 22, 2013
Guinness Drinker wrote:
<quoted text>
both locals off to a good start. Nets shot terrific in game one; Carmelo shot way too many bricks. Holding Celts on "D" in 2nd half was key. Nets on tonight, why the Knicks/Celts need two whole days is ridiculous. Just another David Stern "We Need Cash For TV Ratings" trick
Ths Bulls are a best up and injures team. Williams was playing like he was suppose to be playing. I expect the Bulls to maybe play better defense tonight since that is their calling card, but Nuts win in the 4th. Defense is going to carry them once again.

As for Stern, you know he wants his pockets to be just like his belly. FAT lol.

Knicks won a grind it out game which will help them in the long run because to get to the finals they will have to go through the Pacers and Heat. Melo just has a bad shooting night and I expect him and the team to shoot better in game 2.

#5903 Apr 23, 2013
LAKERS 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> Ths Bulls are a best up and injures team. Williams was playing like he was suppose to be playing. I expect the Bulls to maybe play better defense tonight since that is their calling card, but Nuts win in the 4th. Defense is going to carry them once again.
As for Stern, you know he wants his pockets to be just like his belly. FAT lol.
Knicks won a grind it out game which will help them in the long run because to get to the finals they will have to go through the Pacers and Heat. Melo just has a bad shooting night and I expect him and the team to shoot better in game 2.
certainly not last night. The Bobcats would have beaten the Nets. Didn't get their first FG until 5 min in the game; a total of 2FG's in the 3rd ? that's not playoff basketball
LAKERS 4 LIFE

United States

#5904 Apr 23, 2013
Guinness Drinker wrote:
<quoted text>
certainly not last night. The Bobcats would have beaten the Nets. Didn't get their first FG until 5 min in the game; a total of 2FG's in the 3rd ? that's not playoff basketball
I knew the Bulls would play better defense....Williams and Lopez were shut down last night... Those two need to have great games night in and night out in order for them to have a chance.... I did pick the Bulls to win the series despite their injuries...... It's going to be close, but defense usually wins out in the end.
Ricky D

Cumming, GA

#5905 Apr 23, 2013
LAKERS 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> Nothing wrong with home cooking because trust me, when they play on the road the refs will favor the home team more...... Kidd at his age can't play defense, but he does the small things which count..... Sure he did foul, but he will make more positive plays than negative plays for this team.... Congrats on the win.
Questions:
1. Home cooking distort what kind of team the Knicks are? There has to be something that you can measure the Knicks by. Pressure without 'home cooking' is a good way to measure a team especially at home.
2. What are the small things that Kidd does that counts?
3. When Kidd fouled Green with the score 71-69 would that may have changed the game? Do we still the game if that foul is called and there were other after that.
I can't speak for other Knick fans but I don't like winning like that. When the MVP is sitting on bench I wonder how you can win.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Time to go? (Jun '15) 36 min Patriot 12,533
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Dec '14) 1 hr Enough 11,907
News Sex in your 40s puts 20-something sex to shame (May '15) 1 hr datingyoungerwomen 2
adult dating site (Dec '10) 1 hr datingyoungerwomen 18
Best UK interracial dating site, CA interracial... (Aug '13) 1 hr datingyoungerwomen 4
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 1 hr momma chamberlin 41,506
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 2 hr FORREST 16,034
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 2 hr Paul Yanks 331,904
Nassau/Suffolk High School Football (Nov '11) 15 hr outsider 13,362

New York Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

New York Mortgages