LAKERS 4 LIFE

West Palm Beach, FL

#5824 Jan 22, 2013
HarleyRyder wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Dell, I didnt say a "good" chance......I said a chance.
They have a good team, but there are also 6 or so other teams that have just as good a chance, or better, than the Knicks do.
That's the beauty of it because this year is wideopen in my opinion. Knicks, Spurs, Clippers, Thunder, Heat, Pacers, Bulls, maybe Memphis are the teams that have a chance to win the title this year. Knicks just need to stay healthy and they will be fine.
LAKERS 4 LIFE

West Palm Beach, FL

#5825 Jan 22, 2013
reddevil76 wrote:
<quoted text>Well the Rockets have an interest in acquiring Zebo, of course Memphis is saying no way, unless you're talking about Harden, I believe its all bs. Hoopworld.com has the story.
I'm sorry, but if the Grizz trade Zack I really don't see them going far in the playoffs. I have no idea what they are thinking because before they were thinking about maybe trading Rudy Gay and no this? Just don't understand/
reddevil76

Columbia, SC

#5826 Jan 22, 2013
LAKERS 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sorry, but if the Grizz trade Zack I really don't see them going far in the playoffs. I have no idea what they are thinking because before they were thinking about maybe trading Rudy Gay and no this? Just don't understand/
Just some bad reporting by over zealous beat writer, it won't happen
reddevil76

Columbia, SC

#5827 Jan 22, 2013
LAKERS 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text>What's up Devil. Lakers ready for a run lol????? They only run they are going to make is to a good lottery pick. This team is a mess and that's because of management not getting Phil like they should have.I know it's a long season and anything can happen, but the way they are playing right now I don't see them making the playoffs.
Oh how the mighty have fallen, looks like Howard is really fitting in nicely with Kobe. LOL
reddevil76

Columbia, SC

#5828 Jan 22, 2013
LAKERS 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text>That's the beauty of it because this year is wideopen in my opinion. Knicks, Spurs, Clippers, Thunder, Heat, Pacers, Bulls, maybe Memphis are the teams that have a chance to win the title this year. Knicks just need to stay healthy and they will be fine.
And don't sleep on Brooklyn

“Let's go Yankees”

Since: Jul 08

Long Island

#5829 Jan 23, 2013
reddevil76 wrote:
<quoted text>And don't sleep on Brooklyn
agreed
LAKERS 4 LIFE

West Palm Beach, FL

#5830 Jan 23, 2013
reddevil76 wrote:
<quoted text>Oh how the mighty have fallen, looks like Howard is really fitting in nicely with Kobe. LOL
Lol yeah he sure is fitting right in with him looking happy and full of energy. Now I really see what the Suns and Knicks were going through when they were coached by D'Antoni. Good news is that he will be gone when the season is over despite what the record is.
PIguy

Tarzana, CA

#5831 Jan 23, 2013
Knicks fans should check out this TOPIX thread:
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/manhattan-ny/...
LAKERS 4 LIFE

West Palm Beach, FL

#5832 Jan 23, 2013
reddevil76 wrote:
<quoted text>And don't sleep on Brooklyn
I'm not told sold on Brooklyn, but I have to say they have been playing well since they fired Avery. Also Joe Johnson and Williams seem to be finally getting that chemistry down which means Joe is playing off of Williams.
Ricky D

Cumming, GA

#5833 Jan 23, 2013
LAKERS 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text>Lol yeah he sure is fitting right in with him looking happy and full of energy. Now I really see what the Suns and Knicks were going through when they were coached by D'Antoni. Good news is that he will be gone when the season is over despite what the record is.
It is amazing how when a shoe get put on your foot. You then realize what is wrong. All those replies that said I was wrong and about how good the Knicks are with 'Jungle Dan'. Did take long for you to feel my pain. Keep him for 3 or 4 years and post back then.
LAKERS 4 LIFE

West Palm Beach, FL

#5834 Jan 23, 2013
Ricky D wrote:
<quoted text>
It is amazing how when a shoe get put on your foot. You then realize what is wrong. All those replies that said I was wrong and about how good the Knicks are with 'Jungle Dan'. Did take long for you to feel my pain. Keep him for 3 or 4 years and post back then.
I never said that you were wrong about Jungle Dan being a bad coach. I was trying to give him the benifit of the doubt, but I can admit that I was wrong about him. 3 or 4 years?????? Oh god no!!!!!!! lol. I can see him getting his pink slip right when the season ends. Hell maybe before the season even ends.

“Born Genius, Slacker by Choice”

Since: Mar 12

Oyster Bay, NY

#5835 Jan 28, 2013
I don't follow sports but my brothers a big Yankees fan, or at least used to be, he said he'll stop going to games until they get rid of all the old washed up has-beens on the team. He's furious that their payroll just exceeded 200 million again and all that will get them is a battle for last place.He said he just finished reading an article that has them ranked 8th in the AL, whatever that means.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Since: May 08

New York, NY

#5836 Jan 28, 2013
Slacker By Choice wrote:
I don't follow sports but my brothers a big Yankees fan, or at least used to be, he said he'll stop going to games until they get rid of all the old washed up has-beens on the team. He's furious that their payroll just exceeded 200 million again and all that will get them is a battle for last place.He said he just finished reading an article that has them ranked 8th in the AL, whatever that means.

this is momma chamberlin...go to the yank talkback page 13092 you see him posting himself as slackers...

he has been laughed out of the yank forum...
reddevil76

Columbia, SC

#5837 Feb 4, 2013
Damn Stats has really shown a low post game,this could get interesting.
Lakers 4 Life

United States

#5838 Feb 10, 2013
ereddevil76 wrote:
Damn Stats has really shown a low post game,this could get interesting.
What's up Devil. How is everything with you and the family? Yeah Stats is starting to get that low post game going and that can only mean good things for the Knicks. They are still close to the Heat in the standings.
reddevil76

Columbia, SC

#5839 Feb 10, 2013
Lakers 4 Life wrote:
<quoted text> What's up Devil. How is everything with you and the family? Yeah Stats is starting to get that low post game going and that can only mean good things for the Knicks. They are still close to the Heat in the standings.
Family is fine thanks, just watched the Clips and Knicks, horrible play by the NY. Too much iso Melo, and everyone else standing around. Miami is still the team to beat in east, and OKC and San Antonio if healthy in the west.
Lakers 4 Life

United States

#5840 Feb 13, 2013
reddevil76 wrote:
<quoted text>Family is fine thanks, just watched the Clips and Knicks, horrible play by the NY. Too much iso Melo, and everyone else standing around. Miami is still the team to beat in east, and OKC and San Antonio if healthy in the west.
I was kinda surprised that they played like that at home especially the bench. They were saying the Knicks needed to make a trade before the deadline. What do you think? They have the second best record in the easy and have plenty games left to make a move in the standings. Still say they will meet Miami in the Eastern Conference Finals.
reddevil76

Columbia, SC

#5841 Feb 17, 2013
Lakers 4 Life wrote:
<quoted text> I was kinda surprised that they played like that at home especially the bench. They were saying the Knicks needed to make a trade before the deadline. What do you think? They have the second best record in the easy and have plenty games left to make a move in the standings. Still say they will meet Miami in the Eastern Conference Finals.
The older roster has hurt so far, Camby, Wallace, and a run down Kidd has really hurt the rotations in 1st half. Stats and especially Shump have not fully recovered from their injuries, and are not as effective as expected. Brewer has been totally ineffective and Smith has reverted back to his one on one selfish play that has been his mo his entire career. Novak and Prig have been inconsistent all year, it really shows how bad Novak is shooting when he couldn't get past 1st round in 3pt contest. Saying all that if everyone is healthy and playing the roles that worked in the beginning of season they have a small chance against Miami, but Indiana and Boston will pose a problem. Making a trade will not make team better unless you decide to blow it up which is not on the agenda.
Lakers 4 Life

United States

#5842 Feb 20, 2013
reddevil76 wrote:
<quoted text>The older roster has hurt so far, Camby, Wallace, and a run down Kidd has really hurt the rotations in 1st half. Stats and especially Shump have not fully recovered from their injuries, and are not as effective as expected. Brewer has been totally ineffective and Smith has reverted back to his one on one selfish play that has been his mo his entered career. Novak and Prig have been inconsistent all year, it really shows how bad Novak is shooting when he couldn't get past 1st round in 3pt contest. Saying all that if everyone is healthy and playing the roles that worked in the beginning of season they have a small chance against Miami, but Indiana and Boston will pose a problem. Making a trade will not make team better unless you decide to blow it up which is not on the agenda.
I totally agree with you especially when it comes to the trade. In my opinion, I feel some of the top teams cruise through the regular season because it's a longggggggg season and they want to be fresh for the playoffs. Not sure what is up with Smith because the guy was having a career year and I expect Iman to get back into the flow in the 2nd half of the season. The main thing is that they need to get back to playing defense like they were doing and it's good to see Amare in the post more and more as the season goes on. It they are all healthy and playing their roles, they have a great chance against the Heat. Still sticking with what I said when I had the Knicks and Heat in the eastern conference finals.
reddevil76

Columbia, SC

#5843 Feb 20, 2013
1st game back from break against Indiana, and they get embarrass with inept defense, no ball movement and terrible shot selection. Brookyln is one game back in division, but Indiana is poised to take 2nd seed which I believe will get you to the east finals.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER 33 min jimi-yank 2,953
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 37 min jimi-yank 315,224
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 47 min jimi-yank 35,518
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 1 hr Princess Hey 11,107
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr Mothra 52,728
Nassau/Suffolk High School Football (Nov '11) 4 hr driver7789 12,290
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 4 hr EasyEed 309,649
OBAMA is the BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Nov '10) 11 hr BS Detector 18,872
More from around the web

New York People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]