Knicks talk back
LAKERS 4 LIFE

West Palm Beach, FL

#5803 Jan 16, 2013
HarleyRyder wrote:
<quoted text>
While we will get some points out of him, it's his D that I'm looking to get back.
Trust me he will bring the defense. I think you were one that said the Knicks have a good chance to win a title. I agree with you because they have a great combination of veteren players and 2 superstars. I know every one says they take to many 3's but in my opinion if those are open 3's off of good ball movement then it sounds good to me. Also Melo, J.R.Smith are having their best seasons. STAT coming off the bench with Rasheed and Kidd. How far do you think they can go when they are fully healthy?
reddevil76

Blythewood, SC

#5804 Jan 17, 2013
Ricky D wrote:
<quoted text>
Devil, its not that serious. I know you aren't the GM. Don't you think Dolan gave 'Daddy Walsh' and 'Jungle Dan' the keys to the city? How could they trade Zach & Crawford so easily?
I have never heard where Dolan wants to 'WIN NOW'!!! I think that something you have decided that Dolan wants.
Trade Melo is shallow statement. If you can think and say the word rebuild. Then you must have some idea who you would trade him for or have someone you like that would make the Knicks a championship team.
Huh? You're losing me on this one, they are built to win now along with every team in the playoff hunt. The last thing on the mind of a GM with the second seed right now in the Eastern conference is rebuild, tinker not rebuild.
reddevil76

Blythewood, SC

#5805 Jan 17, 2013
Ricky D wrote:
<quoted text>
Devil, its not that serious. I know you aren't the GM. Don't you think Dolan gave 'Daddy Walsh' and 'Jungle Dan' the keys to the city? How could they trade Zach & Crawford so easily?
I have never heard where Dolan wants to 'WIN NOW'!!! I think that something you have decided that Dolan wants.
Trade Melo is shallow statement. If you can think and say the word rebuild. Then you must have some idea who you would trade him for or have someone you like that would make the Knicks a championship team.
BTW I thought we were role playing, so my comment about winning now was part of the role play, get it.
reddevil76

Blythewood, SC

#5806 Jan 17, 2013
Ricky D wrote:
<quoted text>
Devil the question was 'What would you do to solve the questions I raised?' Not what the management will do. You may be right about them standing pat but that doesn't make the questions/problems go away.
Its a role play answer based on "what would you do to solve the questions I raised?" Right? Which I took as a role play question. Got it.
Ricky D

Atlanta, GA

#5807 Jan 17, 2013
reddevil76 wrote:
<quoted text>Huh? You're losing me on this one, they are built to win now along with every team in the playoff hunt. The last thing on the mind of a GM with the second seed right now in the Eastern conference is rebuild, tinker not rebuild.
"The only play I would have is to trade Melo, the problem is the owner wants to win now, not rebuild, I would stand pat".
The above quote is from you. Now which one do you want to do? Do you trade Melo or stand pat? That is called talking out of both side of your mouth.

I get the impression you don't want to say anything that might be used at some other time. Are you afraid to say what you really would do if you were GM or just your opinion of what is best for the Knicks.

'They are built to win now', hmmmm. Win What??'Last thing in the mind of a GM is not to rebuild'. Then what would you tinker? BTW, is this GM, you or any league GM?
Ricky D

Atlanta, GA

#5808 Jan 17, 2013
reddevil76 wrote:
<quoted text>BTW I thought we were role playing, so my comment about winning now was part of the role play, get it.
You are Correct!! It was if you were GM but I still don't understand what you would do. In a previous post you mention 'the only thing you could do is trade Melo and then in the same sentence said 'stand pat'. Again, we just saying what you and I would do to make the Knicks better in our opinion. Nothing more!!! No right or wrong answers!!!
Ricky D

Atlanta, GA

#5809 Jan 17, 2013
See where the Hawk's are going to trade Josh Smith. He will probably command the maximum contract if signed. I'm not sure if he fix the Knicks but neither does anyone of those old guys.

“Let's go Yankees”

Since: Jul 08

Long Island

#5811 Jan 18, 2013
LAKERS 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text>Trust me he will bring the defense. I think you were one that said the Knicks have a good chance to win a title. I agree with you because they have a great combination of veteren players and 2 superstars. I know every one says they take to many 3's but in my opinion if those are open 3's off of good ball movement then it sounds good to me. Also Melo, J.R.Smith are having their best seasons. STAT coming off the bench with Rasheed and Kidd. How far do you think they can go when they are fully healthy?
Hey Dell, I didnt say a "good" chance......I said a chance.
They have a good team, but there are also 6 or so other teams that have just as good a chance, or better, than the Knicks do.
reddevil76

Blythewood, SC

#5812 Jan 20, 2013
Ricky D wrote:
<quoted text>
You are Correct!! It was if you were GM but I still don't understand what you would do. In a previous post you mention 'the only thing you could do is trade Melo and then in the same sentence said 'stand pat'. Again, we just saying what you and I would do to make the Knicks better in our opinion. Nothing more!!! No right or wrong answers!!!
The only asset the Knicks have worth trading is Melo, of course I wouldn't trade my best player since they have deep pockets unlike the Grizzlies who may have to trade Gay or Zebo to avoid luxury tax hit. Got it?
reddevil76

Blythewood, SC

#5813 Jan 20, 2013
What's up Dell, are your Lakers ready for a run?
Ricky D

Atlanta, GA

#5814 Jan 20, 2013
reddevil76 wrote:
<quoted text>The only asset the Knicks have worth trading is Melo, of course I wouldn't trade my best player since they have deep pockets unlike the Grizzlies who may have to trade Gay or Zebo to avoid luxury tax hit. Got it?
Ok!!!

So we still are the oldest team in the league. There still isn't an answer about how to stop Boston from getting better(if they can trade for Cousins). We have Philly getting Bynum back. We still have Amare'.
Ricky D

Atlanta, GA

#5815 Jan 20, 2013
BTW, you haven't heard Memphis mentioning trading Zach. They aren't CRAZY!!!

“Let's go Yankees”

Since: Jul 08

Long Island

#5816 Jan 21, 2013
Ricky D

Atlanta, GA

#5817 Jan 21, 2013
Ricky D wrote:
READ and UNDERSTAND!!! Memphis mentioning trading Zach!!!

“Born Genius, Slacker by Choice”

Since: Mar 12

Oyster Bay, NY

#5818 Jan 21, 2013
I don't follow sports but my brother does, he says the Knicks will be a 500 team shortly as the cracks are beginning to show, they have no guards, no power forward, terrible defense, can't rebound and are slow. He says if they're lucky enough to make the playoffs they'll be embarressed again in the first round, whatever that means.
reddevil76

Blythewood, SC

#5819 Jan 21, 2013
Ricky D wrote:
Well the Rockets have an interest in acquiring Zebo, of course Memphis is saying no way, unless you're talking about Harden, I believe its all bs. Hoopworld.com has the story.

“Anti-Troll is next”

Since: Jan 13

Oyster Bay, NY

#5820 Jan 21, 2013
Slacker By Choice wrote:
I don't follow sports but my brother does, he says the Knicks will be a 500 team shortly as the cracks are beginning to show, they have no guards, no power forward, terrible defense, can't rebound and are slow. He says if they're lucky enough to make the playoffs they'll be embarressed again in the first round, whatever that means.
And I'm your brother, I should know.
reddevil76

Blythewood, SC

#5821 Jan 22, 2013
USA Today's Alex Kennedy dropped this bombshell on Twitter this morning:

Alex Kennedy
&#10004;
@AlexKennedyNBA
Source says that the Memphis Grizzlies may keep Rudy Gay, and instead trade Zach Randolph to the Houston Rockets. Houston loves Randolph.
20 Jan 13 ReplyRetweetFavorite
This particular rumor strikes me as pretty unlikely. It seems like the kind of thing that Houston would float to get the Grizzlies to talk trade with them especially since not a single Rockets player is mentioned here as being offered in return.

Who would come back to the Grizzlies from the Rockets? Would they really trade Zach Randolph to a team in the same division?

At any rate, we're only going to see more than our fair share of these rumors floating around since the Grizzlies are known to be pursuing "the right deal" and they have at least two players on big contracts that teams around the league would love to have.

Hang on to your hats, ladies and gents.
reddevil76

Blythewood, SC

#5822 Jan 22, 2013
The Memphis Grizzlies have completed a multiplayer trade with the Cleveland Cavaliers, slicing more than $6 million off their payroll to get under the luxury tax threshold.

Memphis sent big man Marreese Speights, guard Wayne Ellington, guard Josh Selby and a future first-round draft pick to the Cavs for forward Jon Leuer.

The Grizzlies will fall below the luxury tax threshold after sending Marreese Speights, Wayne Ellington, Josh Selby and a future first-round draft pick to Cleveland for Jon Leuer.
The pick is the most valuable part of the deal for
LAKERS 4 LIFE

West Palm Beach, FL

#5823 Jan 22, 2013
reddevil76 wrote:
What's up Dell, are your Lakers ready for a run?
What's up Devil. Lakers ready for a run lol????? They only run they are going to make is to a good lottery pick. This team is a mess and that's because of management not getting Phil like they should have.I know it's a long season and anything can happen, but the way they are playing right now I don't see them making the playoffs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Texas - no state income tax 2 min you hate the truth 2
What sucked the life out of Scaramucci' s face? 3 min Go Trump 2
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 7 min jimi-yank 338,963
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 36 min Princess Hey 17,051
Why Apple iPhone glass shatters so much? 1 hr Jingle 1
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 1 hr jimi-yank 45,401
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 1 hr Princess Hey 18,383
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr weaponX 315,291
President Trump's first 100 days - Roadmap to D... (Nov '16) 3 hr Rattlesnake Pete 4,622

New York Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

New York Mortgages