Knicks talk back
reddevil76

Columbia, SC

#5742 Jan 7, 2013
Ricky D wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest you go back and look at the Kings team salaries with regards to luxury tax. More important I don't you look at the Kings when it came to matching Amare' and Melo salaries. So with the those two degree's go and check out both.
BTW, there few other question in that post you didn't answer if we don't make the trade. So please answer in details. Devil, it nothing wrong with saying I don't know the answer to a question. You can't ruin this forum image of you no more than you already have.
I don't have too Ricky its quite simple, the salaries of Melo and the uninsured Stats would need to be matched, which means at least 8 players from the Kings would have to be traded to come close to matching up. That's why I called it foolish for you to think like a fantasy GM, put something real on the forum and I'll it discuss seriously. I think the Knicks will stand pat, partly because of Stats contract which is a albatross, and they are in 1st place.
reddevil76

Columbia, SC

#5743 Jan 7, 2013
ption / Team Option / Qualifying Offer / AmnestiedTea

Player
2012/13
2013/14
2014/15
2015/16
2016/17
John Salmons
$8,080,000
$7,580,000
$7,000,000
$0
$0
Marcus Thornton
$7,632,500
$8,165,000
$8,697,500
$0
$0
Francisco Garcia
$6,100,000
$6,400,000
$0
$0
$0
Chuck Hayes
$5,486,250
$5,722,500
$5,958,750
$0
$0
Tyreke Evans
$5,251,824
$6,927,156
$0
$0
$0
Jason Thompson
$5,250,000
$5,643,750
$6,037,500
$6,431,250
$6,825,000
DeMarcus Cousins
$3,880,800
$4,916,973
$6,519,198
$0
$0
Thomas Robinson
$3,374,640
$3,526,440
$3,678,360
$4,660,482
$6,179,799
Aaron Brooks
$3,250,000
$3,396,250
$0
$0
$0
Travis Outlaw
$3,000,000
$3,000,000
$3,000,000
$0
$0
James Johnson
$2,812,006
$3,950,868
$0
$0
$0
Jimmer Fredette
$2,406,240
$2,574,120
$3,282,003
$4,470,088
$0
Tyler Honeycutt
$850,000
$900,000
$0
$0
$0
Isaiah Thomas
$762,195
$884,293
$0
$0
$0
TOTALS:
$58,136,455
$43,640,740
$23,693,750
$6,431,250
$6,825,000

WANT TO FOLLOW HOOPSHYPE ON TWITTER?

FULL MENU

RUMORS
ARTICLES
COLUMNS
INTERVIEWS
DRAFT
PLAYERS
TRANSACTIONS
FREE AGENCY
SALARIES
TWITTERS
FORUMS
AGENTS
TUNE IN

CONTACT US

Got something to tell?
E-mail us at
[email protected]
Ricky D

Cumming, GA

#5744 Jan 8, 2013
reddevil76 wrote:
<quoted text>I don't have too Ricky its quite simple, the salaries of Melo and the uninsured Stats would need to be matched, which means at least 8 players from the Kings would have to be traded to come close to matching up. That's why I called it foolish for you to think like a fantasy GM, put something real on the forum and I'll it discuss seriously. I think the Knicks will stand pat, partly because of Stats contract which is a albatross, and they are in 1st place.
$30,838,0000 (Cousins, Garcia Salmons, Thompson, Thornton)+ Cash for Amare' and Melo. Five players not Eight players! You put to 2 GM in the room and they make it work. You are correct about Amare' contract 100%.

Standing pat would be a mistake if the Kings decide to trade Cousins. If you let the Celtic get Cousins then we have no chance of winning the Eastern Conference(not to mention the Heat) for the next 8 to 10 years. Cousins is 22 years old. You don't let your conference foes get an advantage like that if you can help it. Now from what you said 'We can't win a championship this year or next', Right?? Devil the other question is this 'What can you do with Amare'?? I understand what you are saying about the trade but Melo would be the only we have to make the Kings think about the trade. The trade would start us on the road to rebuilding and getting younger. Devil, the oldest team in the league has only one thing to look forward too and that is 'REBUILDING'. DO YOU AGREE??
Ricky D

Cumming, GA

#5745 Jan 8, 2013
reddevil76 wrote:
When Zach wins a championship in Memphis, that will validate your points Ricky, agreed? BTW I have a hard time always understanding all your questions, its not from the lack of not wanting to, Ricky just slow down and proof read, you seem to rush. I guess your brain is moving faster then your fingers when you get excited about expressing your views.
LOL, YOU ARE 100% CORRECT!! Sorry will do a better job of proof reading. Once again, Sorry about that.
reddevil76

Columbia, SC

#5746 Jan 8, 2013
Ricky D wrote:
<quoted text>
$30,838,0000 (Cousins, Garcia Salmons, Thompson, Thornton)+ Cash for Amare' and Melo. Five players not Eight players! You put to 2 GM in the room and they make it work. You are correct about Amare' contract 100%.
Standing pat would be a mistake if the Kings decide to trade Cousins. If you let the Celtic get Cousins then we have no chance of winning the Eastern Conference(not to mention the Heat) for the next 8 to 10 years. Cousins is 22 years old. You don't let your conference foes get an advantage like that if you can help it. Now from what you said 'We can't win a championship this year or next', Right?? Devil the other question is this 'What can you do with Amare'?? I understand what you are saying about the trade but Melo would be the only we have to make the Kings think about the trade. The trade would start us on the road to rebuilding and getting younger. Devil, the oldest team in the league has only one thing to look forward too and that is 'REBUILDING'. DO YOU AGREE??
New York Knicks Salaries
Check the latest New York Knicks Rumors

Key: Player Option / Team Option / Qualifying Offer / AmnestiedTea

Player
2012/13
2013/14
2014/15
2015/16
Amare Stoudemire
$19,948,799
$21,679,893
$23,410,988
$0
Carmelo Anthony
$19,450,000
$21,490,000
$23,530,000
$0
I believe you're about 10 mil short, looking at the Kings current roster that's 3 more players, the Kings GM would have to give us bottom of the roster salaries in order to leave something for Amare and Stats to play with. My question is what is the advantage for the Kings to make this trade. I will answer your question about Amare as the reason the trade would not be approved by Kings ownership. The Knicks are stuck with him, they should have kept Chauncey one more year and got rid of Amare's contract, I fault Dolan for the mistake.
reddevil76

Columbia, SC

#5747 Jan 8, 2013
Also do you see how the luxury tax would hinder the owner of the Kings from approving the deal,say the cap is around 58 mil next year which btw is the Kings current combine salaries. Next year they would have 43 mil on two players, and around 15 mil to spread around 13 contracts. The Kings being a small market team could not afford to pay a penny in luxury tax, and a team that would not contend in the West to help offset the luxury tax with extra home game revenue from playoff appearance.
LAKERS 4 LIFE

West Palm Beach, FL

#5748 Jan 8, 2013
reddevil76 wrote:
<quoted text>No the football season is over for me,I'm a Giants fan, not interested once they failed to make playoffs.
What's up Devil. How is everything and how was your weekend man? I'm sorry about the Knicks last night. Celitcs were just trying to get into their heads with the physical play and I was surprised that Melo got into in with that soft KG. God I can't stand that guy because he is all mouth. He also had a off game offensively, but we both know he will bounce back. Good news is that Woodson says Iman Shumpert was going through some test today and if he is ready to go he will be back at practice on tuesday.
Ricky D

Cumming, GA

#5749 Jan 8, 2013
reddevil76 wrote:
Also do you see how the luxury tax would hinder the owner of the Kings from approving the deal,say the cap is around 58 mil next year which btw is the Kings current combine salaries. Next year they would have 43 mil on two players, and around 15 mil to spread around 13 contracts. The Kings being a small market team could not afford to pay a penny in luxury tax, and a team that would not contend in the West to help offset the luxury tax with extra home game revenue from playoff appearance.
I look at the luxury tax and the Kings are 10million under the teams which is 65 million for next year or this year one. Its only a little over 39 million for Amare' and Melo. Which would leave them only 26 million to fill out the roster.
Now do you see why I said it will be 3 to 5 years to get over the mess from 'Daddy Walsh' and 'Jungle Dan'. The Amare' signing was bad but with those knee's!!! If we sit on our hands then what? If you let the Celtics get Cousins then what? The most important question is whether the Kings really want to trade Cousins. I saw where his agent is meeting with them today.
reddevil76

Columbia, SC

#5750 Jan 8, 2013
The National Basketball Association today announced that the Salary Cap for the 2012-13 season will be $58.044 million. The tax level for the 2012-13 season has been set at $70.307 million. Any team whose team salary exceeds that figure will pay a $1 tax for each $1 by which it exceeds $70.307 million. Ricky the Cap is set every year, you are incorrect with 65 mil #. Remember next year they make 43 mil,the cap may move a couple of mil. It could possibly go down based on how many owner make profit. Big market owners don't care about going over the cap,its the Kings of the NBA that will follow the law, you notice they put a minimum of 85% of cap so teams would be fair on contracts. The Knicks, Lakers, Nets,Heat to name a few have very little wiggle room they are built to win now or suffer
reddevil76

Columbia, SC

#5751 Jan 8, 2013
LAKERS 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text>What's up Devil. How is everything and how was your weekend man? I'm sorry about the Knicks last night. Celitcs were just trying to get into their heads with the physical play and I was surprised that Melo got into in with that soft KG. God I can't stand that guy because he is all mouth. He also had a off game offensively, but we both know he will bounce back. Good news is that Woodson says Iman Shumpert was going through some test today and if he is ready to go he will be back at practice on tuesday.
Its just one game against a tough division rival, they will get pay back. Just finish watching a depleted Lakers team, looks like playoffs will be a long shot at best.
Paul Yanks

Phoenix, AZ

#5752 Jan 8, 2013
LAKERS 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text>What's up Devil. How is everything and how was your weekend man? I'm sorry about the Knicks last night. Celitcs were just trying to get into their heads with the physical play and I was surprised that Melo got into in with that soft KG. God I can't stand that guy because he is all mouth. He also had a off game offensively, but we both know he will bounce back. Good news is that Woodson says Iman Shumpert was going through some test today and if he is ready to go he will be back at practice on tuesday.
Look like melo instigated things with his mouth....what did you expect KG to do let it go?....KG did the right thing, he gave it back to him......then melo went nuts in the end....and his 2 for 10 shooting in the 4th, meant he couldn't let it go of it what was said, and it possibly costs the Knicks the game......KG certainly got in his head....

“Let's go Yankees”

Since: Jul 08

Long Island

#5753 Jan 9, 2013
Ricky D wrote:
<quoted text>
I look at the luxury tax and the Kings are 10million under the teams which is 65 million for next year or this year one. Its only a little over 39 million for Amare' and Melo. Which would leave them only 26 million to fill out the roster.
Now do you see why I said it will be 3 to 5 years to get over the mess from 'Daddy Walsh' and 'Jungle Dan'. The Amare' signing was bad but with those knee's!!! If we sit on our hands then what? If you let the Celtics get Cousins then what? The most important question is whether the Kings really want to trade Cousins. I saw where his agent is meeting with them today.
Doesnt the fact that the Kings are looking to trade Cousins make you ask yourself WHY?
Ricky D

Cumming, GA

#5754 Jan 9, 2013
reddevil76 wrote:
The National Basketball Association today announced that the Salary Cap for the 2012-13 season will be $58.044 million. The tax level for the 2012-13 season has been set at $70.307 million. Any team whose team salary exceeds that figure will pay a $1 tax for each $1 by which it exceeds $70.307 million. Ricky the Cap is set every year, you are incorrect with 65 mil #. Remember next year they make 43 mil,the cap may move a couple of mil. It could possibly go down based on how many owner make profit. Big market owners don't care about going over the cap,its the Kings of the NBA that will follow the law, you notice they put a minimum of 85% of cap so teams would be fair on contracts. The Knicks, Lakers, Nets,Heat to name a few have very little wiggle room they are built to win now or suffer
Salary Cap figures came from Collective Bargaining Agreement online. Which also gave the team cap for next year. The Kings Team salaries(Cousins, Thronton, Garcia, Thompson and Salmon) and Amare', Melo came from RealGM.com .
LAKERS 4 LIFE

West Palm Beach, FL

#5755 Jan 9, 2013
reddevil76 wrote:
<quoted text>Its just one game against a tough division rival, they will get pay back. Just finish watching a depleted Lakers team, looks like playoffs will be a long shot at best.
I agree with you. I will be shocked if the Lakers made the playoffs. Like I said before I tried to give D'Antoni a chance, but it's just not working out. That's their fault for hiring him from the begining. I would have rather had Phil than him. I agree with you about the Knicks also and didn't I tell you they were going to finish with one of the better records in the NBA? We still have a long season to go, but it will happen. I'm calling it right now, either the 1 or the 2 seed for the Knicks.
LAKERS 4 LIFE

West Palm Beach, FL

#5756 Jan 9, 2013
Paul Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>Look like melo instigated things with his mouth....what did you expect KG to do let it go?....KG did the right thing, he gave it back to him......then melo went nuts in the end....and his 2 for 10 shooting in the 4th, meant he couldn't let it go of it what was said, and it possibly costs the Knicks the game......KG certainly got in his head....
Everyone knows hoe KG lovs to talk during the game. I have to admit that he kinda went a little overboard when he said something about Melos wife. That's something in my opinion that is one of things a man should not bring up towards another man no. He did get in Melos head, but KG has a history with saying god knows what on the court.
Ricky D

Cumming, GA

#5757 Jan 9, 2013
reddevil76 wrote:
<quoted text>New York Knicks Salaries
Check the latest New York Knicks Rumors
Key: Player Option / Team Option / Qualifying Offer / AmnestiedTea
Player
2012/13
2013/14
2014/15
2015/16
Amare Stoudemire
$19,948,799
$21,679,893
$23,410,988
$0
Carmelo Anthony
$19,450,000
$21,490,000
$23,530,000
$0
I believe you're about 10 mil short, looking at the Kings current roster that's 3 more players, the Kings GM would have to give us bottom of the roster salaries in order to leave something for Amare and Stats to play with. My question is what is the advantage for the Kings to make this trade. I will answer your question about Amare as the reason the trade would not be approved by Kings ownership. The Knicks are stuck with him, they should have kept Chauncey one more year and got rid of Amare's contract, I fault Dolan for the mistake.
Devil, the only reason for the Kings to want to trade Cousins is that they are tired of him. Let me say this about the trade. If I was the Kings it no way in 'West Hell I would make this trade'!! Seeing that the Celtics had contact the Kings about Cousins made me suggest that the Knicks get involved. I HOPE THAT ANSWER YOUR QUESTION.

My Turn: Shouldn't we try to keep the Celtics from getting Cousins? Would not that mean they are rebuilding? We are older than Celtic but have no plan to get younger. As GM I would do everything possible to keep the Celtic from getting Cousin. You know we could bring in another team or two if necessary.
Paul Yanks

Phoenix, AZ

#5758 Jan 9, 2013
LAKERS 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text>Everyone knows hoe KG lovs to talk during the game. I have to admit that he kinda went a little overboard when he said something about Melos wife. That's something in my opinion that is one of things a man should not bring up towards another man no. He did get in Melos head, but KG has a history with saying god knows what on the court.
How do you know what was said.....reports later said melo felt both players crossed over the line.....it goes both ways Dell.....KG also was also a great player for along time.....something melo has yet to accomplish....after winning a national title at Syracuse he bailed out after his freshman year.....and hasn't done much since.....
Ricky D

Cumming, GA

#5759 Jan 9, 2013
HarleyRyder wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesnt the fact that the Kings are looking to trade Cousins make you ask yourself WHY?
To answer your question, NO!!!

Considering the situation we are in with Amare' and Melo. I truly wouldn't care why they wanted to trade him. We would be getting younger and better at the Center position. This would be getting rid of everything from 'Daddy Walsh' and 'Jungle Dan'.

Devil, We have to rebuild!! Either do it with Cousins(if possible) or suffer for the next 3 to 5 years. If you have some suggestions then I'm listening. YOUR PICK!!!
LAKERS 4 LIFE

West Palm Beach, FL

#5760 Jan 9, 2013
Paul Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>How do you know what was said.....reports later said melo felt both players crossed over the line.....it goes both ways Dell.....KG also was also a great player for along time.....something melo has yet to accomplish....after winning a national title at Syracuse he bailed out after his freshman year.....and hasn't done much since.....
I was only reading that the reports said. Yes I understand that it does go both ways and we see it almost every game. KG is one hell of a player, but we have both seen what has happen over the years with him and his trash talking lol. Melo has a chance to finally get a ring this year if the Knicks can stay healthy enough.
Paul Yanks

Phoenix, AZ

#5761 Jan 9, 2013
LAKERS 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text>I was only reading that the reports said. Yes I understand that it does go both ways and we see it almost every game. KG is one hell of a player, but we have both seen what has happen over the years with him and his trash talking lol. Melo has a chance to finally get a ring this year if the Knicks can stay healthy enough.
Larry Bird was a big time trash talker......but was a great player.....sometimes getting into a players head.....takes him outta his game.....it worked on Melo as the Celtics won.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 6 min jimi-yank 320,756
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr OzRitz 54,548
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 1 hr Intrepid Surfer 10,946
Nassau/Suffolk High School Football (Nov '11) 3 hr Spencer 12,460
Time to go? 4 hr Uhuh 3,289
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 5 hr Princess Hey 12,435
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 5 hr Mets fan 36,900
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Dec '14) 6 hr jimi-yank 6,434
More from around the web

Personal Finance

New York Mortgages