Austin Texas

Chicago, IL

#2634 Apr 6, 2007
Steve C wrote:
<quoted text>Well I don't know about collins emergence making Robinson expendable. We know what Robinson can do and are still waiting to see just what Collins can do. And even if Collins does move ahead of Robinson in the rotation, how does that automatically make Robinson expendable?
Absolutely. Trading Lil Nate would cause a situation comparable to "the curse of the Bambino".
venom

Brooklyn, NY

#2635 Apr 6, 2007
Steve C wrote:
<quoted text>Well that's the problem Bundini. You have a tendency to lump everyone in this forum together as if one size fits all. You seem incapable of differentiating between criticism and hate. You don't have the capacity or the intelligence to argue your points legitimately, so you constantly resort to attacking individuals. No one can say anything critical about the team without you getting personally offended and stomping your feet and bawling like a 5 year old. You seem to think that your the only loyal Knick fan here which is BS. I probably spend more on tickets to Knick games in 1 year than you've spent in your whole life. And will continue to do so, and continue to criticize whatever I see something wrong with the team and it's management. As well as praise what's right. And for that I don't need your permission or approval, and don't really care how you feel about it in the first place. Maybe your wife and kids take you seriously, but for those of us who aren't dependent on you to bring home the bacon, you either need to grow up and learn how to defend your views in an adult fashion, or stop talking out of the side of your mouth in the first place.
what a Clown. If you you don't care what DBB said why then the 10 post reply. I'll see her at lunch and let her know that you send your love. Happy easter
venom

Brooklyn, NY

#2636 Apr 6, 2007
Tito From Da BX wrote:
<quoted text>
I have got 2 commend you on that 1! hell of ajob. you are 100% correct. you always get the best player whether you need him or not. see I wish we got Marcus Williams. not as a sub for SM though. but to include him & Frye/Lee in a blockbuster. well done. I would take Ogden then trade him, 1st try trading Curry of course.
If the Knicks keep giving up on players under 25 after only a YEAR OR 2 like trading a Curry. Lee or Frye the Knicks will continue to make other teams better. Camby got labeled as fragil before he came here and when he played for the Knicks. Now the players that we gave up for an injured McDyess (Camby and Nene) have manned the Nugget front line for 5 years and will probably be their 10 yeares more. It may never happen but it says something about the fans in Denver, Sacaremento, Charlote, Toronto.... that they give their teams the patience and support needed to build a team. In Ny we give a player a year or two then he's trade bait like some bad fantasy league. Soemtimes fans get what we deserve, no consitency, no foundation, no patience for progression and development in players....
When Ewing came in it was 'he doesn't rebound enough, then he did, then he didn't block enough shots, then he did, Later it was he shoots too much from outside and harping on every late game FT or shot he missed. If Shaq played in NY he would have run out of town long ago for being 'too lazy' to work on improving his Foul shooting. and then we think star FA players will want to come to NY, yea right
venom

Brooklyn, NY

#2637 Apr 6, 2007
Steve C wrote:
<quoted text>Well that's the problem Bundini. You have a tendency to lump everyone in this forum together as if one size fits all. You seem incapable of differentiating between criticism and hate. You don't have the capacity or the intelligence to argue your points legitimately, so you constantly resort to attacking individuals. No one can say anything critical about the team without you getting personally offended and stomping your feet and bawling like a 5 year old. You seem to think that your the only loyal Knick fan here which is BS. I probably spend more on tickets to Knick games in 1 year than you've spent in your whole life. And will continue to do so, and continue to criticize whatever I see something wrong with the team and it's management. As well as praise what's right. And for that I don't need your permission or approval, and don't really care how you feel about it in the first place. Maybe your wife and kids take you seriously, but for those of us who aren't dependent on you to bring home the bacon, you either need to grow up and learn how to defend your views in an adult fashion, or stop talking out of the side of your mouth in the first place.
Those flights from Illinois to Mid town manhattan to use your many Knick game tickets must be a killer. Congratulations if you got it like that. I remember Bensville as being right near the airport.
Do you use a private jet? I remember passing Bensenville on the way to O'Hare Airport down Irving Park road. Was the land cheap because you're in the flight path of everything? I guess you get used to the noise.
venom

Brooklyn, NY

#2638 Apr 6, 2007
True Knick Fan wrote:
Still have no idea where Mike Breen's head is or why he was even chosen as the Knicks play by play guy in the first place. And really can't fathom how he got the play by play deal at ESPN, other than the fact thst he's pretty much consistent with the rest of the reatrds hanging out over there. But for a guy who does play by play for so many games during the course of a season, his seemingly lack of basic knowledge is baffling. He never seems able to accurately articulate what problems the Knicks are experiencing when we see the other team go on a run. It's always "the Knicks are playing poorly" or "just a total of lack of effort on the part of the Knicks", with him. And the other team is never given credit for what it is they're doing right to take control of the game. The cause is always simply identified as the Knicks playing poorly or not putting out the effort. And as we see (or hear) so often, Clyde or Kenny Smith have to step in and explain exactly what it is the other team has done or is doing, that has given them the upper hand against the Knicks, while Breen is still yelling in the mike, "yes, but the Knicks are still playing very poorly". Granted the Knicks do play poorly at times, but what team doesn't? All teams go through spells where nothing is working right for them, which is why coaches call timeouts. But I've never seen another announcer, so quick to jump on a team and literally label them as a "bunch of dogs", the way Breen does with the Knicks every time they hit a bad spell. In spite of all the injuries and all the youth this team has, you would think that their play by play guy would be familiar enough with their situation, to at least realize that this team is doing the best they possibly can under extreme conditions. The players didn't create the mess at MSG. They're just stuck with it and it's after effects. And while they're doing a good job of making the most of a bad situation and helping to improve it, maybe Breen needs to take a look at what brought this organization to where it is, and talk about that. That's if he's got balls enough.
Thanks. Great, perfect analysis. I thought maybe it was his voice. He has an NBS top 50 player sitting next to him in Clyde Frazier. You would think that he would try to get more insights as to what's happening. An interesrting article in this weeks SN on whether some teams are tanking games for the draft position. they mention Celtics Doc rivers playing subs for a quarter against Bobcats and blowing 18 point lead. If Isiah did that I can only imagine the 'I hate Isiah' outrage would be. they also comment that Doc 'will be playing golf sitting next to Mike Breen' next year. We can only hope.
venom

Brooklyn, NY

#2639 Apr 6, 2007
I hate Isiah wrote:
<quoted text>The truth hurts. Maybe he'll start talking about the positives when there are some. Dolan got rid of the best announcer in Knick history because he did not drink the Kool-Aid, hopefully the same does not happen to Breen. Be careful what you wish for because you just light get 82 games of Gus Johnson sucking up to Dolan.
As DBB stated, we don't need a 'homer' announcer. But you or I can sit at the Mike and just repeat 'the Knicks are playing poorly'. Marv would offer insight into whats going on, on the court. Like so and so is slow on defense or the entry pass was intercepted becuse a player didn't come to the ball. Marv used to fill in the gaps since the camera always follows the ball. I do agree that it was a mistake to dismiss Marv. Marv was there for the great veteran teams. He had to bother him to see the drop in the quality of the play. the accusations of cross-dressing by his ex-wife just gave MSG an excuse to make the move

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#2640 Apr 6, 2007
Steve C wrote:
If you can see me 'stomping and bawling like a child' when I'm at my computer, then you can see what finger I'm holding up right now. you're number one in our hearts and minds. BTW the next time that you call Glen W., Glenda when he disgarees with you we'll try to remember your words of 'defend your views in an adult fashion'. Good luck
Tito from da Brx

Chicago, IL

#2641 Apr 6, 2007
venom wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks. Great, perfect analysis. I thought maybe it was his voice. He has an NBS top 50 player sitting next to him in Clyde Frazier. You would think that he would try to get more insights as to what's happening. An interesrting article in this weeks SN on whether some teams are tanking games for the draft position. they mention Celtics Doc rivers playing subs for a quarter against Bobcats and blowing 18 point lead. If Isiah did that I can only imagine the 'I hate Isiah' outrage would be. they also comment that Doc 'will be playing golf sitting next to Mike Breen' next year. We can only hope.
I would be very appreciative if we could limit our discussion to Lil Nate.
James Madison

Selden, NY

#2642 Apr 6, 2007
The only reason Stephon Marbury has raised his game is that he has been under the close tutelage of Mr. Lil Nate Robinson.

Bronx, NY in Da House

#2643 Apr 6, 2007
venom wrote:
<quoted text>If the Knicks keep giving up on players under 25 after only a YEAR OR 2 like trading a Curry. Lee or Frye the Knicks will continue to make other teams better. Camby got labeled as fragil before he came here and when he played for the Knicks. Now the players that we gave up for an injured McDyess (Camby and Nene) have manned the Nugget front line for 5 years and will probably be their 10 yeares more. It may never happen but it says something about the fans in Denver, Sacaremento, Charlote, Toronto.... that they give their teams the patience and support needed to build a team. In Ny we give a player a year or two then he's trade bait like some bad fantasy league. Soemtimes fans get what we deserve, no consitency, no foundation, no patience for progression and development in players....
When Ewing came in it was 'he doesn't rebound enough, then he did, then he didn't block enough shots, then he did, Later it was he shoots too much from outside and harping on every late game FT or shot he missed. If Shaq played in NY he would have run out of town long ago for being 'too lazy' to work on improving his Foul shooting. and then we think star FA players will want to come to NY, yea right
what I think is with a defensive center instead of offense only(Curry) we got a shot. imagine us at full strength with Q healthy & Crawford shooting from outside? there are days when Curry only scores 14 with no rebounds or blocks. how much is he helping us? now get a guy like Ogden, not saying we have a shot at him haters....all the close losses are now winnable. Bill Russell was more of a defender than anything! I am sure no one will complain about his tenure in beantown.
James Madison

Selden, NY

#2644 Apr 6, 2007
Drew Brown Bundini wrote:
<quoted text>If you can see me 'stomping and bawling like a child' when I'm at my computer, then you can see what finger I'm holding up right now. you're number one in our hearts and minds. BTW the next time that you call Glen W., Glenda when he disgarees with you we'll try to remember your words of 'defend your views in an adult fashion'. Good luck
I agree with your insights concerning the value of Lil Nate to the Knicks organization.

Bronx, NY in Da House

#2645 Apr 6, 2007
Drew Brown Bundini wrote:
<quoted text>If you can see me 'stomping and bawling like a child' when I'm at my computer, then you can see what finger I'm holding up right now. you're number one in our hearts and minds. BTW the next time that you call Glen W., Glenda when he disgarees with you we'll try to remember your words of 'defend your views in an adult fashion'. Good luck
good stuff there Drew...lol. enjoy the holidaze brotha.

Bronx, NY in Da House

#2646 Apr 6, 2007
Steve, Venom, all of Croton, Chicago all have a good 1. hope the Bunny brings you all you wanted...................Glen drop dead. I hope the Bunny kidnaps your brain.

Bronx, NY in Da House

#2647 Apr 6, 2007
True Knick Fan wrote:
<quoted text>I already did and explained that to you. You're just to dumb to understand that. And the last thing I need is the Village Idiot trying to explain the mechanics of a forum to me. Especially one that thinks the format is the same a chat room or Yahoo Messenger.
True Knick Fan, Iguess we can wait until next year?! Isiah is....might as well. have a good 1.
Firehouse Dawg

Chicago, IL

#2648 Apr 6, 2007
Tito From Da BX wrote:
Steve, Venom, all of Croton, Chicago all have a good 1. hope the Bunny brings you all you wanted..........Glen drop dead. I hope the Bunny kidnaps your brain.
I agree. These guys have no idea about real basketball, e.g. the value of Lil Nate Robinson.
Firehouse Dawg

Chicago, IL

#2649 Apr 6, 2007
Tito from da Brx wrote:
<quoted text>
I would be very appreciative if we could limit our discussion to Lil Nate.
I'm confused. Are you from the Bronx or Chi town? In any event, Lil Nate is #1 in my book!
Ricky D

United States

#2650 Apr 6, 2007
True Knick Fan wrote:
<quoted text>I already did and explained that to you. You're just to dumb to understand that. And the last thing I need is the Village Idiot trying to explain the mechanics of a forum to me. Especially one that thinks the format is the same a chat room or Yahoo Messenger.
If you already did then you should understand why I responded to you. Your understanding is very poor. You respond to comments and forget what you wrote. Then when you go back and read it you still say the other person is wrong & an Idiot. Think before you call someone a name(Idiot), it reflects on your Very Poor Understanding!!
Ricky D

United States

#2651 Apr 6, 2007
Steve C wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, just like your omission of the word sure. Unless you're actually in the habit of saying "I'm quite should".
It was an intentional mistake on my part. Hope you got the point. Better!!!
Hoover P

Bronx, NY

#2652 Apr 6, 2007
Ricky D wrote:
<quoted text>
It was an intentional mistake on my part. Hope you got the point. Better!!!
It is time for you, Mr. Ricky D., to acknowledge Lil Nate Robinson as the greatest player ever. I can't hear you!!!!
Lil Nate

Bronx, NY

#2653 Apr 6, 2007
Tito From Da BX wrote:
<quoted text>
True Knick Fan, Iguess we can wait until next year?! Isiah is....might as well. have a good 1.
Thank you Mr. Tito for recognizing me as the greatest player of all time! muchas gracias.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 8 min jimi-yank 53,037
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 10 min Guinness Drinker 315,802
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 3 hr Princess Hey 11,208
Ingles Markets Inc going under? 5 hr Philo 2
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 6 hr CTM 9,898
Poll What happened to Brookhaven John? 6 hr realist 19
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER 6 hr BS detector 3,358
Nassau/Suffolk High School Football (Nov '11) 9 hr LIfan 12,309
More from around the web

New York People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]