Knicks talk back
Screamin Eagle

Chicago, IL

#2533 Apr 3, 2007
DBB wrote:
<quoted text> You are consistent in that you seem to believe all or most of the Knick problems would be solved if they were under the cap. The fantasy is that then we could go after KG and Kobe and Camello when they are FA. Even though all these guys keep taking the Max contracts from their current team.
If we kept aging scrubs like Mo Taylor, Antonio Davis, J rose for a couple years waiting for their contracts to expire, no one be watching a NY team struggle to win maybe 15 games. Don't worry, if Isiah or anybody connected to NBA management or coaching ever reads the comments on this site, the feeling is most likely mutual and they would see most poster's here as clowns also.
Good point. They should have fined Isiah $500k for not playing Lil Nate enought! A travesty indeed.
Huggy Bear

Chicago, IL

#2534 Apr 3, 2007
I hate Isiah wrote:
<quoted text>This team is worse off because it is 3 1/2 years later and we are still 3 years from being under the cap. And just imagine the Knicks missing the playoffs this year and giving thier first round pick to the bulls, they get one of the top three picks and lose out on either Oden, Durant or Brewer. This on top of them not being able to draft second last year. Nice job by Isiah the Clown.
You are right on all points. But let's get to the source of the problem (you are only noting the symptoms). They must play Lil Nate more, now!
Firehouse Dawg

Chicago, IL

#2535 Apr 3, 2007
Santa C wrote:
<quoted text>

Without reservation, let me express my concurrence with your assertions. Lil Nate is the greatest!
No argument here!
Firehouse Dawg

Chicago, IL

#2536 Apr 3, 2007
DBB wrote:
<quoted text>No I just wonder why people in Georgia and Illnois spend so much effort to trash the Knicks from top to bottom for 71 games. Are the Bulls and Hawks having down years? Please spare me the 'Isiah/Dolan/SM' are ruining the franchise crapola. The same people bringing up the Pacers and the CBA for Isiah were parroting the 'LB has won every where and Knicks should let him do whatever he wants' stuff last year. No original thought just a mob mentality...
Great points, particularly the part about playing Lil Nate all 48 minutes.
Aristotle

Chicago, IL

#2537 Apr 3, 2007
DBB wrote:
<quoted text>No I just wonder why people in Georgia and Illnois spend so much effort to trash the Knicks from top to bottom for 71 games. Are the Bulls and Hawks having down years? Please spare me the 'Isiah/Dolan/SM' are ruining the franchise crapola. The same people bringing up the Pacers and the CBA for Isiah were parroting the 'LB has won every where and Knicks should let him do whatever he wants' stuff last year. No original thought just a mob mentality...
Dude, I wasn't talking about any of that stuff (CBA, Pacers, etc.). Who cares? It is silly. Only one thing matters: Lil Nate, who will singlehandedly transform this team into a super power! Get on the bus, get with the program, grab an oar and start rowing the old canoe!
Aristotle

Chicago, IL

#2538 Apr 3, 2007
DBB wrote:
Oops. I accidentally gave away that I am Firehouse Dawg.
Ricky D

United States

#2539 Apr 3, 2007
I hate Isiah wrote:
<quoted text>This team is worse off because it is 3 1/2 years later and we are still 3 years from being under the cap. And just imagine the Knicks missing the playoffs this year and giving thier first round pick to the bulls, they get one of the top three picks and lose out on either Oden, Durant or Brewer. This on top of them not being able to draft second last year. Nice job by Isiah the Clown.
I agree with you. Hope Venom see your comments. You and I are the only ones in this forum that doesn't hope at the end of the tunnel. I think Isiah have hired people to post good comments for him in this forum. How could so many people ignore the facts.
Ricky D

United States

#2540 Apr 3, 2007
DBB wrote:
<quoted text> You are consistent in that you seem to believe all or most of the Knick problems would be solved if they were under the cap. The fantasy is that then we could go after KG and Kobe and Camello when they are FA. Even though all these guys keep taking the Max contracts from their current team.
If we kept aging scrubs like Mo Taylor, Antonio Davis, J rose for a couple years waiting for their contracts to expire, no one be watching a NY team struggle to win maybe 15 games. Don't worry, if Isiah or anybody connected to NBA management or coaching ever reads the comments on this site, the feeling is most likely mutual and they would see most poster's here as clowns also.
He didn't say just salary cap. He mention alot of other things too. There isn't just one problem with the Knicks. It several problems. Mo played good last year and was probably the second best player on that team(after Crawford).
Bobo Brazil

New York, NY

#2541 Apr 3, 2007
people, NY was ruined from before Isiah came along! YES, he did continue to screw up the cap space, or should I say go over double. but it started with Ewing for Rice in principle. guess who the owner was at that time? ahhhhhhh. so if anything, mr. Dolan is really the culprit. he is swayed time and again that the next GM or coach will right the ship. guess what if NY was a real ship, it would be Titanic all over again! what does he do to right it? drop Cato now that Randolph is on board. get rid of J James. trade him, our pick(the switched 1 with Chicago) & the small guy for a pick a big SG & SF or something.
Bobo Brazil

New York, NY

#2542 Apr 3, 2007
then Francis and Frye can go with for Drew Gooden & Hughes. that deal was almost made. you figure Hughes is in better condition than Francis. Drew is about as good as Frye. at least he can play one position well. probably less money for those two. easier said then done, but it's a realistic start.

Since: Jan 07

Bronx, NY in Da House

#2543 Apr 3, 2007
since Mr. Brazil of wrestling fame is in this forum & I am blessed to have a professional with us: why not Frye to Charlotte for Gerald Wallace. this guy has been playing out of position bc they have no consistent PF. so often they display 2 SFs playing together. although he has done well, since we are trying 2 clear $$$ why not Frye & Rose for Wallace. that is as close a Wallace as NY will get!!!!!!!!! unless we get Rasheed at age 36 with another big contract.....lol.lol.lol. then at least 2 guys will be satisfied on this forum!

Bronx, NY in Da House

#2544 Apr 3, 2007
good thoughts though Bobo. but we got to keep Nate! then youwill get a lashing from all the circus fans...lol.lol.lol. yes play him 48 minutes a game. think he's short now?

Bronx, NY in Da House

#2545 Apr 3, 2007
damn Bobo. you got me licking my chops-Lee & Wallace, like A-Rod & Jeter. don't care for Gooden. maybe Varejo the Brazilian 1 like you? he can sub at center that is why.
Glen Wildeforde

New York, NY

#2546 Apr 3, 2007
good evening ladies(Stephania, Ricky Ditzy, Dumbo from Da Bronx & True Hicks Fan) that is.....boy you guys are relying on BoBo the Bobble head & Dumbo from Da Bronx to propel the Hicks future? it's like me doing stocks & taxes for you.
Glen Wildeforde

New York, NY

#2547 Apr 3, 2007
of course no one writes how stupid they are or ridicule the obvious. that niether one is close to being a GM. Bobo Brazil is probably Bozo the Clown & Tito is most likely a young thug in the Bronx who happens to own a computer. but you chicken feet having idiots don't ridicule their bad thoughts, do they Stephania?
Bobo Brazil

New York, NY

#2548 Apr 3, 2007
why are you still on Earth buddy? you are like an alien here. leave the planet, no the atmosphere.
Firehouse Dawg

Chicago, IL

#2549 Apr 4, 2007
Mr. Lil Nate Robinson, along with members of the Wu Tang Clan, have been good friends to several members of this forum, myself included. It is now time for us to show our loyalty, by repaying Lil Nate with our unequivocable support of his efforts, as well as those of his clones.
Firehouse Catz

Chicago, IL

#2550 Apr 4, 2007
Glen Wildeforde wrote:
of course no one writes how stupid they are or ridicule the obvious. that niether one is close to being a GM. Bobo Brazil is probably Bozo the Clown & Tito is most likely a young thug in the Bronx who happens to own a computer. but you chicken feet having idiots don't ridicule their bad thoughts, do they Stephania?
Glen, I agree, we must support Lil Nate.
I hate Isiah

Newtown, CT

#2551 Apr 4, 2007
DBB wrote:
I agree with you that being under the cap still does not guarantee you even a shot at getting a great player but being in the top of the draft does give you the best shot. Sometimes you have to win 15 - 20 games to get that shot. Unfortunatley when we did the clown had already traded our first round pick and this year's away. Curry has been good but he is not a great player. This team is just treading water. 35 wins a year and a shot at 8th place is not what I would like to see the team I root for achieve every year. Even with everybody healthly they are no better than .500 (They never got closer than 5 games under after November)
Firehouse Dawg

Chicago, IL

#2552 Apr 4, 2007
I hate Isiah wrote:
<quoted text>I agree with you that being under the cap still does not guarantee you even a shot at getting a great player but being in the top of the draft does give you the best shot. Sometimes you have to win 15 - 20 games to get that shot. Unfortunatley when we did the clown had already traded our first round pick and this year's away. Curry has been good but he is not a great player. This team is just treading water. 35 wins a year and a shot at 8th place is not what I would like to see the team I root for achieve every year. Even with everybody healthly they are no better than .500 (They never got closer than 5 games under after November)
You're right. Lil Nate is the master of the other team's disaster.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) 17 min Bruser 8,004
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 1 hr jimi-yank 36,396
Time to go? 2 hr Not Truly Affected 2,483
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 6 hr ritedownthemiddle 54,358
Do You Discriminate Against the Eyeglasses Wear... (Mar '11) 6 hr Hazel 3
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 7 hr Paul Yanks 319,367
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 7 hr Brian_G 310,343
More from around the web

Personal Finance

New York Mortgages