Since: Jan 07

Bronx, NY in Da House

#2472 Apr 1, 2007
True Knick Fan wrote:
<quoted text>And this is the 2nd actual comment that you accused me of making which I obviously didn't. And the only point that you've made so far is how stupid you are for trying to pull something like this.
you got it going on brotha! I see what the TKF is cooking! preach on some more..........lol. some guys have all the dumb? is that a good 1?

Since: Jan 07

Bronx, NY in Da House

#2473 Apr 1, 2007
True Knick Fan wrote:
<quoted text>This is the original post on the first one, untouched. And my name is nowhere in theis reply.
if he was smart, he would have used "I hate Isiah" first.......but you know the rest. good weekend TNF.
Ricky D

United States

#2474 Apr 1, 2007
True Knick Fan wrote:
<quoted text>This is the original post on the first one, untouched. And my name is nowhere in theis reply.
Go back and look at your comments to all the original post. You will find your comments at the bottom of each of the previous post I made on this page 123. Now talk about comprehension & stupidity.
Tinny

Chicago, IL

#2475 Apr 2, 2007
Ricky D wrote:
<quoted text>
Go back and look at your comments to all the original post. You will find your comments at the bottom of each of the previous post I made on this page 123. Now talk about comprehension & stupidity.
You are so right. The Knicks must give the ball to Mr. Lil Nate Robinson more!
Kaz Matsui

Chicago, IL

#2476 Apr 2, 2007
Tito From Da BX wrote:
<quoted text>
BOg ups to True Knick Fan. how are you, how was your weekend?
My weekend was good, thanks. First, I went to a Lil Nate symposium at The University of Chicago. Then, I watched the Knicks lose because they refuse to give the ball more to Nate! Then I had dinner with Lil Nate. Then I bought a new pair of Lil Nate sneakers at the mall. All in all, a great weekend!
Steve C

Schaumburg, IL

#2477 Apr 2, 2007
Joey wrote:
<quoted text>

I guess the good news is a pure shooter is not the hardest thing to find. Most of them are bench players, specializing in the 3 pointer. They make the inside game deadly. Curry, Lee and Balkman dominate the inside without this threat. With a deadly 3 point kickout option, the defense would pay when they collapse and Lee and Balkman would have more open areas for offensive rebounding. Outside of hit your foul shots, I think this is the biggest immediate improvement this team can make for next year.

We're not as far away from a real competitive team as people think. There were at least 15 games that a little better foul shooting and a more consistent outside shot would have won. Take half of those and we are 38-33 versus 31-40. The difference is correctable by next year.
Joey any team in the league could probably look back and say the same thing about all their close games. They can fantacize just as well as we can about how they could have won close games, had they had this or had that. The trick in putting a team together is to add pieces that fit and compliment one another. Not to just grab up whatever players you can, simply because they're available. It has to do with an organization having a plan as to what type of team they want to put together, then going out and finding the type of players that would best help them acheive that goal. Obviously Thomas was somewhat limited with the cap problem when he took over. But too much of the wiggle room he did have was wasted on poor choices. So it's no accident that we wind up with a team in which we have some players that don't even compliment one another. When you see a combination of Frye, Balkman, Jeffries and Lee on the floor together, all passing up open outside shots while Curry is double and tripled teamed in the low post, it has more to do with poor planning more than anything else. Likewise, the Marbury/Francis situation in which the 2 are almost carbon copies of one another when we could have gone for the shooter you refer to instead, to compliment Marbury. The one silver lining in this cloud however is that these guys are all young and coachable and probably will spend a lot of time working hard to augment the skills they already have. And hopefully Thomas the coach has had a long talk with Thomas the Vice President about doing a better job when it comes to personel decisions. So that he can have some better options available to him when he looks down his bench, during crunch time in games.
Steve C

Schaumburg, IL

#2478 Apr 2, 2007
venom wrote:
<quoted text>To those older than 10 years old he was Gabe Kaplan on the 70's TV show Welcome Back Kotter. The show that introduced John travolta before the movie 'Saturday Night Fever' made him a star. Since none of this has to do with the Knicks... you win, and can have the last word. Grow up and move on!! I bet you can't let it go!!
Who brought it up in the first place? Don't they have websites where bored, starstruck people like yourself go to discuss that kind of irrelevance? Why bring it up here?
Steve C

Schaumburg, IL

#2479 Apr 2, 2007
Drew Brown Bundini wrote:
<quoted text>I apologize for scaring you kid. I thought someone of your 'intellect' would detect sarcasm when you see it.
Yeah, right. You're funny. You can't even defend your main man properly when challenged, so you come up with a lame excuse to show that he's not the worse guy in the world. And when that's challenged it's "aw I was just kidding". You had to be. I'm not even a Thomas fan and I can probably do a better job of defending him than that. Try again. How about "he's a good husband and a father".
Steve

Schaumburg, IL

#2480 Apr 2, 2007
Tito From Da BX wrote:
<quoted text>
I mean like Jim Jackson who wants to come back into the league. maybe a ten day contract? they have 2 have that?
At best, Jim Jackson would be just a short term solution if Thomas is really trying to get to the playoffs. And there's no telling what kind of shape he's in after sitting at home all season. But it's a mute point anyway, because the reason they didn't sign him to a 10 day deal before was he didn't want to play for the Knicks. If the Knicks were making a serious run and had to have another hand on board, I think they'd be better served by signing up a younger player from the D league. But since they're not and have all the injuries, why not just leave things the way they are right now and let guys like Balkman and Collins get some minutes that will help excelerate their development? These are players that have a future on this team, so why not let them get the time, since we're not going anywhere anyway? And while we're at it, let's throw Morris out there too.
Steve C

Schaumburg, IL

#2481 Apr 2, 2007
Glen Wildeforde wrote:
<quoted text>
you only mouth off here when you think the rest of us are away/asleep. then you want to go on and on like True Hicks Fan. give us a boxscore too! can't get the computer on weekdays, sweetie?
Who's "us"? I don't see you contributing anything of substance here. And as for when I post, I do it when it fits my schedule, not yours. I do have a life, so that's why I'm not here 24/7 like you. I told you that before, but obviously you're too ignorant for it to sink in. The problem is you don't know the difference between a chat room, where lonely people like yourself kick one liners back and forth all day to keep one another awake, and a forum.
Steve C

Schaumburg, IL

#2482 Apr 2, 2007
Glen Wildeforde wrote:
Stephanie, I think you and True Hicks Fan are the same person. it's got to be true because you defend him so much. are you guys Hicks cheerleaders? maybe enlisted in an old folks home together? just do me a solid, take off the false teeth when you want to pleasure True Hick.
Yeah, okay Glenda. If you want me to be True Knick, no problem. Sure as hell would rather be accused of being someone who at least has something to add to the mix than being you. And I see you never did asnswer my question.
venom

Brooklyn, NY

#2483 Apr 2, 2007
Steve C wrote:
<quoted text>Who brought it up in the first place? Don't they have websites where bored, starstruck people like yourself go to discuss that kind of irrelevance? Why bring it up here?
as I have repeatedly been said even when you have the last word you can't let go. As you hopefully mature and grow up you may realize that life is too short to dwell on meaningless things like sports. This is a diversion not life defining or changing. Then again you may never get it and at 50 will still be debating coaching and player moves and typing with one hand while the rest of us put family and relationships as the priority. good luck!!
venom

Brooklyn, NY

#2484 Apr 2, 2007
Ricky D wrote:
Isiah wants the ref's to give SM the respect they give to D.Wade, K.Bryant & L.James. If he doesn't know it(you would think he does), those 3 guys make everybody around them better. His(Isiah) prize possession(SM) doesn't rate in there company. Isn't it obvious what the ref's think of SM.
That may be true RD but if the ref's are going to consider who the player is before calling an obvious foul or violation late in a game the the NBA is not better than wrestling as far a officiating. BTW Jackson and Riley have also spoken up for there players (KObe and Wade and ShHaq))not geting calls. They were both fined. Now that Isiah has done it for his best player, its outrageous, a conspiracy and he should be suspended. I love the fair minded NY media and fans!!!
Steve C

Schaumburg, IL

#2485 Apr 2, 2007
Joey wrote:
I know this team has been maddeningly inconsistent but yesterday's game against the Mavs was the best I have seen of this team in a long while. I know the turnovers and free throw shooting were still a problem but let focus on the positive for once. The team played inspired ball. Bodies were flying in every direction. Eddie Curry was playing defense and challenging shots. Let's give this one to Marbury. I truly thought he was the spark, as he has been since Crawford went down.

Sad when you think how this team would have performed if Crawford, Q and Lee were healthy. But their abscence gives us a good look at Balkman, Collins and yes - Lil Nate. These guys are showing some talent. The future will be much brighter if these three can consistently play with that energy and intensity and stay under control.

So long for now from a Knick fan that had a good day. Playoffs or not, things are looking up.
Inconsistensy is the hallmark of any young team Joey. Experience brings consistency and the fact that the younger players are getting more playing time with the injuries, will help them mature and be more consistent. They have the talent. They proved that against Dallas. But they're just not going to play that well every night until they get the experience. And that's what I look at as the silver lining in this cloud. At least it's giving them the playing time they need and otherwise wouldn't get.
venom

Brooklyn, NY

#2486 Apr 2, 2007
Ole Bessie wrote:
<quoted text>

Dude, you write a lot, but you ignore the fact that Lil Nate is the best player on the team. Shame on you !
what can I say my wife left me at home to go shooping Saturday, this beats going to the sites where you type with one hand. Kenny Smith made a interesting observation before the bobcat game. He sees nate as more a Mugsey Bowes type that can harass the Point on defense.. It seems your Lil Nate has the physical make up to be that kind of 2 way player. Lately He's making better decisions on offense.
Steve C

Schaumburg, IL

#2487 Apr 2, 2007
Fellow Knick Fan wrote:
watching yesterdays game was like a win for the knicks, the mavs would have lost if we had David Lee, Jamal Crawford and Q-Rich, the mavs can go on and win all the games and get a good record but those call were all bullshit yesterday against the Knicks, alot of the fuckers on the mavs are all actors and should be in movies cuz alot of them flopped and the officials called for the Mavs, i hope they have a good record and lose in the playoffs b/c of all the bullshit calls against the Knicks cuz we would have won that game if their werent any of those calls, the last play was a foul cuz if Devon harris was to do that same play he would have been given the foul and sent to the line for two but the Mavs aint gonna win like this and i hope they lose to the shittiest team in the west and to all those Mavs fans why you guys celebrating you still havent won a champoionship yet?
Welcome to the NBA, where the better teams and the better, more experienced players normally get the calls, despite what the league says. And it doesn't hurt to have an owner who's a drama queen and constantly accusing the officials and the league of giving his team and players and unfair shake. Despite the fact they get more consideration than any other team in the league. And realistically I don't think they're going to wind up meeting the s******t team in the league, in the playoffs. But it would be nice to see the Suns or the Spurs kick their butts in the conference final.
Steve C

Schaumburg, IL

#2488 Apr 2, 2007
Ricky D wrote:
<quoted text>
The trade for RW was from the Portland or Atlanta, not Detroit. By the way, Prince hadn't come into his own until RW came their. So Detroit drafting of Milicic had nothing to do with Prince muturity.
Had everything to do with it. You just weren't paying attention. And by the way, it's spelled m-a-t-u-r-i-t-y. And let's tighten up on that grammar there too, fella.
Joey

AOL

#2489 Apr 2, 2007
True Knick Fan wrote:
<quoted text>All good points. And hopefully we'll get some long range fire power back with QRich's return. Plus all the other things he brings to the table such as his ability to take guys off the dribble, post up and D up. Plus his leadership ability on such a young team is going to be vital also. And I think how far we are away from being a legitimate contender is going to depend on how hard young players like Curry, Lee, Balkman, Frye, Robinson (ugh), Collins and Morris work to improve their deficiencies in the off season and training camp. Not one of them is anywhere near realizing their full potential and if they all understand that and work hard to improve their weaknesses, then those games you talked about, that we only lost by a few points, start becoming Ws. In the meantime a good draft pick or 2 wouldn't hurt. And unless he really turns things around between now and the end of the season, a buyout is likely with Francis. Don't think they can do anything with James and Cato was signed right after training camp, which means he's probably making the bare minimum and won't be back. Would also like to see Robinson jetisoned. Especially after last night. A number one draft choice in return would be great. Would probably even consider 1 for next year, depending on wich team it is. Crawford, same thing. Although, with his experience he should have more value on the open market and we should be able to get something good in return. Will be a very interesting off season, to say the least.
As usual, you make many good points. The Knicks need to make changes to get the right combination of talent. Too many one dimensional players and players with the same roles. Crawford and Lil Nate are 2 potentially marketable players. For the right price, they could help provide the kind of two way talent we need to stabilize the roster. Because of Crawford's chemistry with Curry and Lil Nates flashes of brilliance, I would only deal if the return was a good one. The same could be said for Frye. His potential is very high though. Unless there was a great return, I'd give him another year.

As you said, Q is a big part of the answer. He is a very good defender, good rebounder, excellent outside, 3 point, threat when healthy. His health is a big question but if healthy, he could be the shooting guard we need. Add a good small forward to Curry, Marbury and a power forward combo of Frye/Lee and this team looks alot better. Add Balkman, Jeffries, Collins and James as defensive energy and we could have something. Need more offense off bench. Crawford, Lil Nate and Frye could bring that if not traded.
Steve C

Schaumburg, IL

#2490 Apr 2, 2007
Ricky D wrote:
<quoted text>
What young, offensive minded team? As for the defensive minded coach, he didn't hire himself. So quit blaming LB for this mess. He shouldn't been hired in the first place because coaching isn't the problem with this team. So blame the right person for this mess, ISIAH!!!
Sounds like you weren't even watching the Knicks last year. Are you sure you're in the right forum?
Joey

AOL

#2491 Apr 2, 2007
Steve C wrote:
<quoted text>Joey any team in the league could probably look back and say the same thing about all their close games. They can fantacize just as well as we can about how they could have won close games, had they had this or had that. The trick in putting a team together is to add pieces that fit and compliment one another. Not to just grab up whatever players you can, simply because they're available. It has to do with an organization having a plan as to what type of team they want to put together, then going out and finding the type of players that would best help them acheive that goal. Obviously Thomas was somewhat limited with the cap problem when he took over. But too much of the wiggle room he did have was wasted on poor choices. So it's no accident that we wind up with a team in which we have some players that don't even compliment one another. When you see a combination of Frye, Balkman, Jeffries and Lee on the floor together, all passing up open outside shots while Curry is double and tripled teamed in the low post, it has more to do with poor planning more than anything else. Likewise, the Marbury/Francis situation in which the 2 are almost carbon copies of one another when we could have gone for the shooter you refer to instead, to compliment Marbury. The one silver lining in this cloud however is that these guys are all young and coachable and probably will spend a lot of time working hard to augment the skills they already have. And hopefully Thomas the coach has had a long talk with Thomas the Vice President about doing a better job when it comes to personel decisions. So that he can have some better options available to him when he looks down his bench, during crunch time in games.
Agreed. Do you think Q. if healthy could be one of the pieces? I'd like to see him at the #2 guard. Q plus one more two way talent with good outside shot would help.

Obviously, better outside shooting is just one piece of the solution. I don't think the KNicks have much to trade for those better options right now. Maybe Crawford, Lil Nate. Could send Frye in a bigger trade, but not for bench strength.

Should be interesting off-season. Hope the young guys work hard on their deficiencies. Any thoughts of other players we might target from outside?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 11 min OzRitz 53,056
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 13 min _Zoey_ 11,215
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 14 min _Zoey_ 9,904
Poll 2015 tman_mets/momma chamberlin favorite sayings 28 min jimi-yank 18
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 33 min Brilliant Chicky 309,756
News Prosecutor in Garner case nears election to Con... 33 min Just Saying 2
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 33 min jimi-yank 315,825
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER 40 min Just Saying 3,392
Nassau/Suffolk High School Football (Nov '11) 3 hr LIfan 12,310
More from around the web

New York People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]