Detective arrested in NYC motorcycle-...

Detective arrested in NYC motorcycle-SUV melee

There are 13 comments on the Connecticut Post story from Oct 9, 2013, titled Detective arrested in NYC motorcycle-SUV melee. In it, Connecticut Post reports that:

Craig Wright, right, stands in court with his attorney Mitchell Elman in New York, Tuesday, Oct. 8, 2013.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Connecticut Post.

reality is a crutch

Nashua, NH

#2 Oct 9, 2013
Guess he forgot the promise to protect and serve.

He should do serous jail time and the illegal immigrant who doesn't have a drivers license should be deported.

If I had been the SUV driver there would be a lot more DOA's and injured.

None of that high speed chase crap you can't out run a bike with a SUV, but at 25 to 30 MPH weaving and sudden stops then backing up into the chasers at 35 mph will knock them down like bowling pins.

pin the bikes and bikers against a guard rail break some legs and bikes make them pay for being goofy on the highways.

Keep the SUV moving look way ahead of where you are always have a way out even if you have to dC

SUV weights in about 5,000 lbs with fuel an passengers bike no match just out drive them.

Remember these bike morons had to plan this attack in some bar or rest area well before the attack took place.

They are not smart enough to do this on the move in traffic without prior planning,

Some moron under cover, under brained cop should have phoned ahead to warn officials what was about to happen.

this cop or cops should do serous jail time and lose everything for allowing this to happen when they could have stopped it before it happened.

IF you can't trust a overpaid underbrained union cop who can you trust???
Joe

Brooklyn, NY

#3 Oct 9, 2013
You live the THUG LIFE and you pay the price. Clearly those dummies on the Honda CBR's were a bunch of low life thugs. That imbecile thought he was a tough guy with 1,000 of his friends with him, my attitude is f*k those jerks on bikes. The guy who got beat up was a hard working man with a family, the people on the bikes were barely people, they were ANIMALS.
CO Zero

Wayne, NJ

#5 Oct 9, 2013
Typical of the sub-species.
ILAL

Bronx, NY

#6 Oct 10, 2013
The other sub species scumbag cop arrested is, Wojciech Braszczok.
Yes, he's AN ANIMAL.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#7 Oct 10, 2013
I am still beyond shocked.....that the NYPD Commishioner stated they had over 200 calls about this incident, yet zero uniformed police are in any of the videos.....EVEN OUR USELESS MEDIA, HAS'NT ASKED.....WHYYYY????....
ILAL

Bronx, NY

#8 Oct 10, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
I am still beyond shocked.....that the NYPD Commishioner stated they had over 200 calls about this incident, yet zero uniformed police are in any of the videos.....EVEN OUR USELESS MEDIA, HAS'NT ASKED.....WHYYYY????....
The NYPD is becoming more ueless by the day.
This happened as result of lowering standards for every cop wannabe ( nepotism / cronyism) that has no business with a badge or gun.
These creeps are afaid of their own shadow.
The media is lame, focusing only on the sensational and no talent celerities who show the most skin.

Location hidden

#9 Oct 10, 2013
ILAL wrote:
<quoted text>
The NYPD is becoming more ueless by the day.
This happened as result of lowering standards for every cop wannabe ( nepotism / cronyism) that has no business with a badge or gun.
These creeps are afaid of their own shadow.
The media is lame, focusing only on the sensational and no talent celerities who show the most skin.
In the larger departments in S.Fla....we still have motorcycle cops....does NYPD have any? After 200 calls, they coulda/shoulda been on scene...immediately....

Location hidden

#10 Oct 10, 2013
Helicopter?.....
Sayer

Cheyenne, WY

#11 Oct 11, 2013
It's pretty clear that the NYPD, early on, decided that they can't stand against such a gang. In fact, in light of some of the excuses I've heard for not acting, particularly in the contexts provided, that this isn't the first time they were faced with this; that they have had previous experience and have failed. Now, it seems to be "policy" to just do nothing (as there's "nothing they can do").

Indeed, in light of the many (valid) excuses they had, it would be hard to deal with such a gang. They ride on sidewalks, ride the wrong way, cut across parks and grass-ways, run lights, just about anything they want to do. The more there are, the harder it becomes. I can understand the problem they might have facing such a "fluid" situation.

But, it's not a matter of "nothing they can do", it's a matter of what they are willing to do. America has gotten so soft on such things, particularly since there's so many "whining liberals" (can't use the words I really want to use), that they are inable to use the LETHAL FORCE that is required. If they had the guts, just once even, to put a line of SWAT across the road with rifles and orders to shoot to kill; "You will stop, or you will die", there would not be any more of that. It would send a functional message to that biker scum that it will NOT be tolerated any more.

That would solve the problem, but now, the bad guys know that they can get away with anything. It will only get worse till something powerful does happen. It's like "flash-robs": they started out small but now are up to (at least) 300 people. This is why more and more people are arming themselves.

Had that man in the SUV been armed, and had he killed just one even, the rest would have backed off. It's exactly like being attacked by a pack of dogs (been there, done that): all you gotta do is make the lead dog yelp and back off and the rest will follow suit.

Every time stuff like this happens, people buy more guns. In due time, stuff like this will start to "backfire" so to speak. The pendulum will start to swing the other way. The fact of the matter is, the more armed (responsible) citizens are, the less crime there is.

Take, for example, Arizona. I lived there, and my roomate used to wear his gun just about everywhere. You don't hear of "flash-robs" there, and you won't, as long as people like my friend, Bob, is around.

ps - try to find a white flash-rob.
PRINCE UHURU

UK

#12 Oct 11, 2013
PRINCE UHURU | 1 min ago
Hello, i bring you greetings from the great mutula sacred temple
where all problems are solved we solve different problems like:
1.depression
2.bring back your ex love
3.find your lost ones
4.make your spouse love you only
5.make express wealth
6.divorce without problems
7.winning court cases without problems
8.good luck in lottery
9.finding a good life partner
10.protection
11.promotion in your work
ask anything and we shall get it done within 3days
yours in service
Prince Uhuru. Email vai:Uhuru7spirits@yahoo.com
Plotts

East Setauket, NY

#13 Oct 11, 2013
Is this "gang" the same as Occupy Wall Street movement of which the undercover police officer was assigned to....who was arrested at for demonstrating with other ows picketers...this motorcycle "gang" who targeted high end vehicles to harass?
While the wife states She was told by hospital officials her husband only had a "1percent "chance of ever walking again....
So reading between the lines of all what mass media wants to report 2 plus 2 equals This is an side group to the same Occupy Wall Street Demonstrators...though for some reason is not being reported that way.....lawyer flying in from other states to represent this "demonstrator"......
Sayer

Cheyenne, WY

#14 Oct 11, 2013
reality is a crutch wrote:
Guess he forgot the promise to protect and serve.

Maybe he thought they said to "deflect and to swerve"?
hick

Adel, GA

#16 Oct 11, 2013
Sayer wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe he thought they said to "deflect and to swerve"?
lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 min June VanDerMark 326,665
News Fence company boss gets 2 years for tax evasion (Apr '09) 8 min DOODLE 49
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 1 hr Thor156 18,002
President Trump's first 100 days - Roadmap to D... (Nov '16) 1 hr Nemo 6,220
Step down Shoommer 1 hr Shyit whole Hawaii 1
jets talk back (Dec '07) 1 hr jimi-yank 15,497
News Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) 5 hr Big Bruser 8,651
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) Sat Paul Yanks 343,064

New York Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

New York Mortgages