LI couple says tainted dog food killed their bullmastiff

Full story: Newsday

A Merrick couple on Wednesday filed suit against the manufacturer of 95 brands of recalled pet food, saying that the food led to their dog's death this month.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 40 of154
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Gcd

Long Beach, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2007

Has anyone noticed how many foods & now pet foods have been recalled. Sounds like a form of terrorism to me.
Refund

Mahwah, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2007

And they should be awarded a New Dog and a Year supply of Dog Food, anything else is Unjustified.
Dont Sue

Middle Island, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2007

You have no proof the dog food compnay is at fault.
Ken Mollins

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2007

I am the lawyer who represents the family whose dog ate the poienous food and died as a result thereof. People whose property is damaged as a result of neglect, albeit their car or home or even their dog, are entitled to compensatory damages or out of pocket loss. We are also claiming punitive damages because it appears that the defendants did not act reasonably to prevent the death of the animals and that the conduct was reprehensible. If a jury believes this the defendants may be punished and an award of monetary damages that are punitive may be awarded. A jury may also say this is a mistake and the plaintiffs should just recover the cost of vetinary services, the funeral and the cost of their beloved dog. I don't need another case as is suggested or am I bringing this case out of greed on behalf of myself or my clients. The law seems to want people to recover if they are damaged by anothers neglect. Thousands of cases of pet food was released into the stream of commerce
all of which could damage peoples property (kill their dog). Should lawyers sit back and do nothing or is it in the public interst to protect all of peoples property? Sometimes I just don't understand how people think? Do you?
Maria

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2007

Outrageous !! Shame on you Sandr$$$a and Fred$$$erick Bo$$$bb !! Trying to profit off your dead dog is just sickening. Obviously, your'e desperate for money and found this as
an easy venue to get rich. Mistakes happen and such is life. Accept it and go on.
NO DOG

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2007

I feel bad for the people who lost their pet, and I don't mean to sound heartless, but let's be honest. It was a dog for God's sake. I hope some of you whacko animal lovers have this much compassion for innocent HUMANS too. Besides, what could they possibly win. A dog is a possession, like a bicycle or a television. If they win they should only be compensated for the value of the animal.

Since: Mar 07

Safety Harbor, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2007

And now the attorneys enter town rubbing their greedy, sweaty, little hands together. So sad that we are such a litigious society.
NO DOG

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2007

and the vet bills.
Doglover

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2007

Why are you people jumping down these peoples throats?Their dog died as a direct result of an inept feed company.And that is very sad. What if you bought bad gas for your car and it totaled the engine?Would you just cower away with your tail between your legs,because you would not sue?
I don't think so.
Peg

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2007

I called Menu Foods and FINALLY got through and spoke to a girl named Heidi. She told me to return the cans of Olroy dog food to Walmart. I did that and proceeded to the dog food isle to buy dog food not listed in the recall. I was puzzled to see that the same type of food that Heidi from Menu Foods told me to return was still being sold at Walmart. Either Heidi messed up or Walmart is. There was no posted notice of the recall in the Pet Department. I called the store manager and was told that all recalls are posted at the service desk of the store. I told the manager that most customers do not check the service desk for recall notices when they shop. I told him that this notice needs to be posted in the Pet Food isle as a courtesy to their customers and service to our beloved pets. He said OK that he will post the notice in the pet department. I will go tomorrow to check. Meanwhile I have switched to Kirkland ( Costco ) brand dog food.
pat

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2007

My heart goes out to the people that have lost a dog or cat to this recall. I used to feed my dogs Nutro Ultra which is supposed to a "holistic and natural" dog food. I am very angry at Nutro that they lied about the quality of their food. When I had started feeding my dogs Nutro I had thought the company had manufactured their own food. When I found out that they contracted that out to Menu Foods I was totally disgusted. I now feed my dogs Blue Buffalo dog food which is a holistic and natural dog food. They use only human grade meat, no by-products, no preservatives. And guess what, my dogs love it even my fussy schipperkes.
pat

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2007

Maria wrote:
Outrageous !! Shame on you Sandr$$$a and Fred$$$erick Bo$$$bb !! Trying to profit off your dead dog is just sickening. Obviously, your'e desperate for money and found this as
an easy venue to get rich. Mistakes happen and such is life. Accept it and go on.
They are not profiting off their dead dog. The vet bills are in the thousands of dollars. These should be held responsible for their lack of action. I know is my dogs died I would sue. Dogs that are dying are not just mistakes. These were living, loving animals. I'm sure if these were humans dying you would not be saying the same thing.
csst

Huntington, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2007

It's only a dog! I lost 2 beloved pets. One, to cancer, the other, to kidney failure. I was so upset. It took me a long time to get over it, too, but it's a pet and should not be elevated to human status. This company did not maliciously poison their dog food. I'm sorry for this couple's loss, but life has hardships and we need to deal with them as adults. Lawsuits cause more pain and suffering, they don't relieve it.
csst

Huntington, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2007

To Ken Mollins, the attorney. Please, just stop.
yoyoyo

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2007

so sad..........
i don't have a dog so there is nothing to be sad
disgusted

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2007

Ken Mollins wrote:
I am the lawyer who represents the family whose dog ate the poienous food and died as a result thereof. People whose property is damaged as a result of neglect, albeit their car or home or even their dog, are entitled to compensatory damages or out of pocket loss. We are also claiming punitive damages because it appears that the defendants did not act reasonably to prevent the death of the animals and that the conduct was reprehensible. If a jury believes this the defendants may be punished and an award of monetary damages that are punitive may be awarded. A jury may also say this is a mistake and the plaintiffs should just recover the cost of vetinary services, the funeral and the cost of their beloved dog. I don't need another case as is suggested or am I bringing this case out of greed on behalf of myself or my clients. The law seems to want people to recover if they are damaged by anothers neglect. Thousands of cases of pet food was released into the stream of commerce
all of which could damage peoples property (kill their dog). Should lawyers sit back and do nothing or is it in the public interst to protect all of peoples property? Sometimes I just don't understand how people think? Do you?
Brace yourself for more horrible postings because a majority of the people who post here are racist and hate-filled. I hope you advise your clients not to read these postings. I'm sorry for their loss. A pet is part of the family. It's frightening to think a lot of folks on this forum a) have children because they apparently have no moral value systems; b) drive cars (because a lot of them bragged how they like to drink on St. Patricks OR they'd mow down anyone who wasn't white or whom they thought was an illegal alien since they are absolutely OBSESSED with that topic; or c) work in jobs where they are responsible for others. Very scary...

I hope you get a fair and reasonable trial with a fair outcome, whatever the facts are...

Since: Feb 07

Brentwood, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2007

There is an aspect to the lawsuit being overlooked, it is a method of ensuring companies know there will be egregious costs involved for screwups like this. If people just "got another dog" the incentive to aggressively prevent future occurrences is significantly reduced. Especially since this is a somewhat complicated situation involving a supplier to dozens of brands and people can't readily avoid a supplier.

Since: Feb 07

Brentwood, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2007

pat wrote:
I used to feed my dogs Nutro Ultra which is supposed to a "holistic and natural" dog food.
What the hell is "holistic" dog food?

Since: Mar 07

Safety Harbor, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2007

I bet that any lawyers who benefit, and there will be a few, don't even like pets the way that many of us do. If they feel strongly about the problem, wouldn't it be nice for the lawyers to donate their services? Yeah, right. Dream on!
young lawyer

Westhampton Beach, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2007

after 4 days in kitty ICU and many heart-wrenching nights, my beloved cat is finally home after being poisoned by this company's negligence. They knew that this food was killing animals since DECEMBER. and they did nothing to stop it. in fact, they did internal tests, and when they found out that it was killing 1 in 6 pets, they decided it was a good idea to wait 3 more weeks before recalling the food. if that is not negligence, i don't know what is. If it was McDonald's, people would be rioting in the streets. These pets are members of our families, our sisters, children and are loved. What this company did was outrageous and I can't understand why someone couldn't think they should be responsible for the thousands of dollars of vet bills and the lifetime of treatment their negligence has caused. Someone is entitled to millions because they are stupid enough to put hot coffee between their legs but beloved members of the family don't deserve that when a company blatantly ignores multiple warnings that their product is killing? doesn't make sense to me.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of154
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

28 Users are viewing the New York Forum right now

Search the New York Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
OBAMA is the BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Nov '10) 27 min Maude 14,179
Sexy Girl Arrest Records and Mugshots 53 min Mugsy 1
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr JOEL COOL DUDE 68,161
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr No Warming 45,547
Nassau/Suffolk High School Football (Nov '11) 1 hr Pat-Med 27 10,169
A Real Taste of Filipino Home-Cooking Comes to ... 1 hr Angel of joy 8
Illegal Immigration 2 hr Lord Hater 5
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 4 hr NYStateOfMind 305,272
•••
•••

New York News Video

•••
•••

New York Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000