'Survivor' Penis Shot Angers Parents ...

'Survivor' Penis Shot Angers Parents Group

There are 201 comments on the NBC 30 Hartford story from Oct 3, 2008, titled 'Survivor' Penis Shot Angers Parents Group. In it, NBC 30 Hartford reports that:

A parents group has complained to the Federal Communications Commission that CBS didn't edit out a penis from the sesaon premiere of " Survivor: Gabon ." One of the contestants had a wardrobe malfunction when ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC 30 Hartford.

Kris

Morton, PA

#193 Oct 6, 2008
WHO CARES? They must screen every show in slow motion to find sh*t like this. Why is this even a story?
Oh OK

Mount Laurel, NJ

#194 Oct 6, 2008
OMG lets see 1/2 the popluation has one and 1/2 doesn't ....get over it
JINNJ

Elizabeth, NJ

#195 Oct 6, 2008
OMG PEOPLE NEED TO CALM DOWN ITS HUMAN AND IF YOU DONT WANT YOUR CHILDREN TO EVER SEE BODY PARTS YOU MAY AS WELL TAKE THEIR EYES AWAY. IN THIS DAY AND AGE YOU HAVE TO STOP BEING SO OVER PROTECTIVE WITH THE LITTLE STUFF LIKE THIS ITS NOT HARMFUL
Ultimate

Mount Laurel, NJ

#196 Oct 6, 2008
Isn't Ultimate fighting a str8 man's version of gay pron on network TV? There's more man on man action during that show, just ask my closet cop ex-boyfriend in NJ???? Hummmm go figure
Michele

Conley, GA

#197 Oct 6, 2008
This is what I am going to do in my spare time! Look at every televison show and complain about what I see. Come on. This group must not have anything better to do. I am sure that CBS did everything possible to make sure that no body parts was visble. People are bored in there lives so they make everyone else around them miserable! I say three words. "GET A LIFE"!
Fester Bestertester

Washington, DC

#198 Oct 6, 2008
PTC...what a joke, even worse, the bible thumpers who have nothing better to do than complain. im sure these people are the same ones who think the world is 6000 years old. psychiatrists in europe must be making money hand over fist with all the damaged children coming to them becuase of the programming on their teevee stations.
Voice in the Desert

United States

#199 Oct 6, 2008
Thank You, America ! It's good to see lots of good, adult humor & plain ole common sense in this forum instead of the usual backward, childish, bible-thumping .
BlueBuilding

Van Nuys, CA

#200 Oct 6, 2008
Boo effin' hoo! Broadcast TV in South America and Europe routinely shows nudity even during the "family" hours. It's only here in good ol' puritanical US of A where a momentary glimpse of the naughty parts get a bunch of nitwits in an uproar. Let's face it... children are more amused at nudity rather than shocked by it. I think some people have too much time on their hands wearing out the hard drives on their DVRs.

BlueBuilding
GROW UP

Italy

#201 Oct 7, 2008
Have these people nothing more important to worry about?

Go to the beach. You will see lots more.
GROW UP

Italy

#202 Oct 7, 2008
Ron wrote:
Why must Liberals in Entertainment always push the limits of decency with such gratuitous stunts that add nothing to the show? They are in large part responsible for the moral decline of our society. It’s like they’re TRYING to harm our society. The FCC should fine CBS hard for this.
Ron, are you stupid or just plain dumb?
Oh Brother

Honolulu, HI

#203 Oct 7, 2008
Don't we have more important things to worry about? Really? It's just a penis.
Voice in the Desert

United States

#204 Oct 7, 2008
GROW UP wrote:
Have these people nothing more important to worry about?
Go to the beach. You will see lots more.
Thank You ! Your name says it all. Viva Italia !
Austin Newell

Cary, NC

#205 Oct 8, 2008
honestly, who cares?

kids in elementary school see pictures of penises for sex education and they complain less than these big babies.
Ruby Tuesday

Redmond, WA

#206 Oct 8, 2008
Next on Survivor:
"The Flopping Penis".
Voice in the Desert

United States

#207 Oct 8, 2008
As a couple of people have pointed out how come evereytime you try to type penis this site gives you *****! What is wrong with the word "P-E-N-I-S " ??????
Voice in the Desert

United States

#208 Oct 8, 2008
SEE ! They did it again !
Voice in the Desert

United States

#209 Oct 8, 2008
If the word is profane, offensive or inappropriate, how come they use it in the title of this forum ??????????

Since: Feb 07

Greenville, SC

#210 Oct 8, 2008
I guess just seeing the word pen1s is horrible. Could you imagine seeing one for real. It'd be forever burned in mind, an image you just couldn't get rid of, haunting you for the rest of your life. People would go insane.
Noel Torrey

Menlo Park, CA

#211 Oct 16, 2008
We are an organization of 200 plus and growing quickly by the day. You can find our home page at www.fighttheMPAA.com .
Our goal is to form a resistance to the gender biased media that has existed for the past 46 years.
On Tuesday, October 14, 2008, we sent the following email to Ray Faiola, CBS Audiences Services.
[email protected]
We also called him and he told us he never received the email, we are still waiting for a response from CBS.
* On Thursday, Sept. 25, 2008, CBS aired a showing of
"Survivor: Gabon" in which a contestant known as Marcus has an alleged wardrobe malfunction which allowed his penis to become visible. The penis was in no way censored by CBS.
The uncensored penis in "Survivor: Gabon" is in no way new news as the media has done this numerous times in the past, but instead of being "supposedly unintentional", as in "Survivor: Gabon", it was obviously intended, as were the following examples:
* Superman (1978), aired often on public TV, showed a prepubescent boy's full frontal nudity, no censor.
Never Cry Wolf (1983), also aired on public TV, showed full frontal nudity of a grown man's genitalia, no censor.
* In the mid 80's I can recall watching a news report on prison guards who went to work one day totally nude. The censor patch was applied poorly and at most times did absolutely no good what-so-ever.
* Not to mention the countless documentaries made about foreign cultures, in which nudity is considered acceptable for airing as it depicts the culture being studied, but it is always a penis we are being shown in these documentaries, not a vulva.
Why is it that censorship only works in regards to female nudity and not male nudity?
Why is it the media is only concerned with not offending viewers who disapprove of female nudity, but they are in no way concerned with offending viewers who disapprove of male nudity?
Please do not site the Janet Jackson Super Bowl Incident, as we see male's nipples on television day-in and day-out. A female nipple is in no way equivalent to male genitalia.
We also sent the above email to the Chairman of the FCC, Kevin J. Martin, with these additional questions:
Will the FCC set an example by slapping CBS with a fine much greater than that of the Janet Jackson Super Bowl Incident, or will the FCC show them selves to be gender biased by making a much weaker fine for this "incident", there by encouraging CBS to do this kind of thing again and again.
Also what are the fines for the following:
A females nipple
A males nipple
A vulva
A penis
And if the fines are held to different standards in regards to male nudity vs. female nudity could you please explain why.
Once again we are awaiting a response from the FCC.
To contact the FCC the number is,
Phone: 1-888-CALL-FCC
Respectfully,
Noel Torrey
Reno

Houston, TX

#212 Oct 16, 2008
I don't understand why this is still being talked about! It happened so fast that most people didn't even see it. The documentaries that you (Noel Torrey) mention...if nudity is acceptable in a particular culture, what do you think you're going to see in said documentary? A man's penis, a woman's breasts...oh my God! Slap a fine on someone, fast! Geez, people need to stop being so uptight.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 42 min jimi-yank 320,858
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 46 min Community Disorga... 54,585
Time to go? 2 hr former Buffalo ho... 3,284
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 2 hr Intrepid Surfer 12,447
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 2 hr Intrepid Surfer 10,974
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Dec '14) 2 hr BS Detector 6,459
THE TRUMP ADMENSTRUATION will Save America for ... 3 hr Ivana Newguynow -... 5
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 4 hr jimi-yank 36,918
Nassau/Suffolk High School Football (Nov '11) Tue Spencer 12,459
More from around the web

Personal Finance

New York Mortgages