'Survivor' Penis Shot Angers Parents Group

There are 201 comments on the NBC 30 Hartford story from Oct 3, 2008, titled 'Survivor' Penis Shot Angers Parents Group. In it, NBC 30 Hartford reports that:

A parents group has complained to the Federal Communications Commission that CBS didn't edit out a penis from the sesaon premiere of " Survivor: Gabon ." One of the contestants had a wardrobe malfunction when ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC 30 Hartford.

First Prev
of 11
Next Last
Reno

Houston, TX

#3 Oct 3, 2008
I knew I should have watched last night!
OH BROTHER

United States

#5 Oct 3, 2008
Ok - I'm an addict of this show and never saw a penis anywhere - a buldge here and there, but nothing else? I guess I'm blind. But boobs galore - Survivor seems pretty careful at editing out - heck I've seen them edit out the butt cracks of the teams. You don't want to take the chance of seeing something you shouldn't then don't watch REALITY TV.
mama bayer

Clear Spring, MD

#6 Oct 3, 2008
I watched Survivor & it must have been such a fast movement that I sure didn't catch it. I'm sure if I had watched it in slow motion I might have seen something. Get a grip. What is wrong with this world that every little thing is improper to so many people. I'm sure that my granddaughter didn't even notice. I am truly sick of everything that has to be SO Politically correct.
me in MD

Germantown, MD

#7 Oct 3, 2008
These are the same people that used to play the records backwards.
Voice in the Desert

United States

#8 Oct 3, 2008
So maybe this "Parent" group needs to do a little growing up of its own. A penis is not sexual. It's biological. And surprise........SURPRISE ! More than half the human race has one, including male children who may watch "Survivor". "Parent" Group......Grow Up !!! I'm sorry I missed the show. By the way, did the fleeing penis escape on foot or did it use a getaway car ?????
Voice in the Desert

United States

#9 Oct 3, 2008
mama bayer wrote:
I watched Survivor & it must have been such a fast movement that I sure didn't catch it. I'm sure if I had watched it in slow motion I might have seen something. Get a grip. What is wrong with this world that every little thing is improper to so many people. I'm sure that my granddaughter didn't even notice. I am truly sick of everything that has to be SO Politically correct.
RIGHT ON ! Thank You.
Mike

Brooklyn, NY

#10 Oct 3, 2008
And all of the wanton gun violence on TV does not offend them!

Morons
Agent_C

Brooklyn, NY

#11 Oct 3, 2008
Oh My God... My kids saw a PENIS! Help! Help! Help!

A_C
Sue

Newtown, PA

#12 Oct 3, 2008
I watched survivor and didn't notice anything either. This "parent group" must have hit the rewind button many times in slow motion to see it! Too bad I already deleted that episode....lol
EMEB

Abington, PA

#13 Oct 3, 2008
This "parents group" obviously spends their time focusing specifically for sexual material. If they were "watching" the show for the sake of entertainment they would have never noticed.
Jose Moreno

Miami, FL

#14 Oct 3, 2008
woooooHoooooooo!! it's freaking penis men are born with one, just like women are born with vaginas and I think everyone knows that, big freaking deal. Some people need to get a life and start worring about more important things in life like how can we fix our economy.
The Spelling Nazi

Bensalem, PA

#16 Oct 3, 2008
"The Parents Television Council said, "CBS has once again decided to violate the PUBIC trust."

There, fixed it for you. ;)
Diane M
#17 Oct 3, 2008
Completely sick and tired of the sexual and immoral, verbal filth in the programming that is on network television, commercials and movies that is getting shoved down our throats and the throats of the innocent children watching.

It is not a matter of changing the channel when you dont even expect a scene or malfunction to happen!

Enough!!!

DMA from Washington DC

Washington, DC

#19 Oct 3, 2008
Ha Ha. It is just a penis for goodness sake. I have seen worst on TV.
Connie

Philadelphia, PA

#20 Oct 3, 2008
People still watch this junk? There's no good shows out there and this reality TV is so stupid! Get some real shows! And make MTV what it was ORIGINALLY! Another piss poor TV station!
Alex in VA

United States

#21 Oct 3, 2008
Who gives two cr@ps? Most men have one, so what. I'm tired of seeing guy boobs on TV. I say equal rights for women.
TBA

United States

#22 Oct 3, 2008
The parent's council reminds me of that character on The Simpsons. Rev. Lovejoy's wife where her line is always "OMG Think about the children think about the children." This council is most likely a bunch of couch potato. The most likely slow down the show just to watch the penis and they probably giggle like kids. The group is basically a Right Wing Conservative where they want society to obey them like robots. Like Fox News Corp aka Fake News Corp. owned and run by News Corp.
getreal

Modesto, CA

#23 Oct 3, 2008
I watched the show and didn't even notice the 'violation'. Do these folks have a penis committee who sit around looking for things to complain about? Ridiculous! Do something about starving children and children with no health insurance coverage - you know, some constructive. Besides - my kids already know that males have a penis.
getreal

Modesto, CA

#24 Oct 3, 2008
Interesting that the word penis can be on the front page of the web site but gets ***** in the comment section. Are you concerned that this penis committee will come after you next? ;-}
mom

Portland, CT

#25 Oct 3, 2008
It should not have been played -

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 1 hr Princess Hey 11,420
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 1 hr Princess Hey 10,033
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 1 hr Paul Yanks 316,357
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 1 hr Bill 35,752
News Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) 2 hr Save you lives 8,031
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER 2 hr Just Saying 3,945
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr OzRitz 53,486
More from around the web

New York People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]