Scobee Diner Closing

Scobee Diner Closing

There are 9 comments on the Queens Tribune story from Nov 24, 2010, titled Scobee Diner Closing. In it, Queens Tribune reports that:

One of a dying breed, the Scobee Diner in Little Neck is closing its doors at midnight on Sunday, Nov.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Queens Tribune.

too bad

Corona, NY

#1 Dec 8, 2010
Scobee was the best Diner around. Everything on hte Menu was good to great. I think their "small" Greek salad was famous for being anything but small!
I never will forget such Scobee creations as Veal cutlet ala Holstein. Really is a shame. It is irreplaceable
-Ron Greenfield
Truth Hurts

Warwick, NY

#2 Dec 8, 2010
I liked the Scobee diner, but when I see an absolute IDIOT of a politician like State Sen. Avella say something like this, "Avella said he will work hard to enact legislation that will stop this from happening in the future. Unfortunately, it will come too late for Scobee customers, who expressed dismay over the closure." and is discussing rent control for COMMERCIAL leases I get scared.
IT IS NOT THE GOVERNMENT'S JOB TO INTERFERE! The owner of the property has an expectation that the Government will not interfere with their property, they bought it and THEY OWN IT!!! Stop overstepping your bounds Sen. Avela.
Yes, the property owner is greedy, but now he is going to pay the price and find out how difficulut it will be to rent that property in these hard times and will likely end up with an empty property for a long, long time or end up with a tenant paying far less than the Scobee diner.
That is how the free market works. How far is the Government going to take this? Takeover of companies is already occurring. I guess Sen. Avela is probably a big fan of Hugo Chavez since this is exactly what he is doing in Venezuela. Hey Senator, if you like that way of doing business so much, why not move to Cuba or Venezuela?
Idiot.
Makes sense

Brooklyn, NY

#3 Dec 8, 2010
The only time I was ever at Scobee was during the 8/14/03 blackout. It was still light out and we were told the power was off.

After 20 mins, I drove home to prepare my house.

Of course, I blamed Scobee for causing the largest blackout in US history and I never went back.
The Shadow knows

Brooklyn, NY

#4 Dec 9, 2010
too bad wrote:
Scobee was the best Diner around. Everything on hte Menu was good to great. I think their "small" Greek salad was famous for being anything but small!
I never will forget such Scobee creations as Veal cutlet ala Holstein. Really is a shame. It is irreplaceable
-Ron Greenfield
A Greek diner in Queens created "Veal cutlet a la Holstein"?

That is also known as "Schnitzel a la Holstein", created in Berlin in the 1890s. Cutlet with a fried egg on top, with assorted extras such as anchovies, etc.

So, Ron, you'll be happy to know that they didn't create bagels or ham and eggs either.

They are easily replaceable.
Roger

Spring Valley, NY

#5 Dec 16, 2010
I heard for someone that the Silver Moon Diner in Queens Village is good. I'll never forget Scobee!
Never again

Brooklyn, NY

#6 Dec 16, 2010
Roger wrote:
I heard for someone that the Silver Moon Diner in Queens Village is good. I'll never forget Scobee!
Sorry, Roger. Been there and got shortchanged twice. The folks at the cash register can't count to ten and always make the mistakes in their favor.
Gary

Spring Valley, NY

#7 Jan 1, 2011
I've been eating at Silver Moon and so far so good. We're regulars there now.
John

Floral Park, NY

#8 Jan 2, 2011
try Kalypsos in Hewlett. fantastic greek food!

“Dum Di Dum”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#9 Jan 2, 2011
Im hungry...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 7 min sassyjm 310,026
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 17 min Doug77 11,501
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 19 min NYStateOfMind 316,875
OBAMA is the BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Nov '10) 1 hr Younohoo 19,234
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 1 hr Forrest 10,106
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER 1 hr Nemo Old Republican 4,195
Zeal for Life Challenge potential side effects:... (Sep '13) 1 hr Wow 29
More from around the web

New York People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE