NYPD cop kills wife, self, in Selden

NYPD cop kills wife, self, in Selden

There are 35 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 12, 2009, titled NYPD cop kills wife, self, in Selden. In it, Newsday reports that:

An offduty NYPD officer shot and killed his wife in Selden today, then turned the gun on himself, Suffolk police said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Sensible One

Hastings On Hudson, NY

#1 Jan 12, 2009
No insensitive comments here bloggers. This is about as tragic as it gets. The parents are gone at the hands of a man who couldn't cope and that poor girl has to remember 18 with nothing but dark and cursed memories. God bless her and her grandmother. Life as they knew it has changed. So keep the responses at moderation level.
sounds like

Jersey City, NJ

#3 Jan 12, 2009
Huhh wrote:
Divorce court is a death sentence for men!!!!
This is the only chioce a man has!!!!...Blow her head off!!!
Hey "Your Honor"......looks like another one of your Male divorce victims showed you who really is the "Your Honor" when it comes to justice in his family!!
someone needs some intensive therapy

My heart goes out to their children. I can't even imagine how horrific it must be to lose both parents this way.
Very Sad

Holbrook, NY

#4 Jan 12, 2009
sad sad sad. Coping in today's world is getting harder and harder.
Cindy

United States

#5 Jan 12, 2009
this seems to happen more and more these days. It's sad that alot of people can't deal with someone not loving them anymore and have to turn to something like this.

Prayers are with the daughter - she definitely needs them.
bias is showing

Bronx, NY

#6 Jan 12, 2009
God Bless the childern. The cross they must bear now for their life will be heavy. When you are overwhelmed please go for help. I bet all the stress of divorce and work just pushed him to make a hideous heinous decision.

Tragic.
calabrese from Bklyn

Edison, NJ

#7 Jan 12, 2009
If I could do anything to help their daugher..........
ANYTHING.
Bill

Watertown, CT

#8 Jan 12, 2009
Huhh wrote:
Hey "Your Honor"......looks like another one of your Male divorce victims showed you who really is the "Your Honor" when it comes to justice in his family!!
Your 100% wrong. Divorce is freedom for a man. Half his property and salary is a good price to get free of the leaches of society. Let her live to make everyone else miserable while you enjoy the rest of the worlds company in peace. After divorce you coma and go as you please, have no incessant nagging, and realize the possessions you fought for in court were all albatrosses. Walk away and everyone is better off.
liner

Bronx, NY

#9 Jan 12, 2009
Why, oh why do these guys keep doing this? Wanna divorce? Just go get one and get on with your life.

“Politically Incorrect”

Since: Jan 09

Long Island

#10 Jan 12, 2009
Huhh wrote:
I'm guessing you're divorced & think you were screwed by the judge. How do you know whether or not justice was being served in this matter? The story says it was an "impending" divorce, not that they were divorced. For all we know, they weren't even separated yet.

The only thing we do know is that this man was not wired correctly and short circuited, leaving 4 children without a mother & father. If he dies, they're burying a him. If he survives, they'll be visiting him in prison, should they decide to have anything to do with him at all.

Try doing something really unusual and think about what this family is going through instead of feeling sorry for yourself and your perceived miscarriage of justice in your personal life.
dom

United States

#12 Jan 12, 2009
It is one of the highest stress jobs on earth, and the media devotes itself to making it harder.
Campus Hero

Englishtown, NJ

#14 Jan 12, 2009
The result was brought on by the pressure of foreclosure.
rckayla

Long Island City, NY

#16 Jan 12, 2009
How awful that their 18 year old daughter was home to witness this; I pray that the grandmother will bring the daughter for therapy because she's going to need therapy big time!!! My condolences to the entire Cole Family at this sorrowful time...
Campus Hero

Englishtown, NJ

#18 Jan 12, 2009
dom wrote:
It is one of the highest stress jobs on earth, and the media devotes itself to making it harder.
Please......20 yrs riding around in a radio car is as stress free as it gets.
moondanceforu

AOL

#19 Jan 12, 2009
My heart goes out to the daughter who had to witness this horrible act of despair and hatred.
The family is in my prays.
The vocation of being a police officer is not an easy road to travel since they mostly see people at their worst. I assume that some of this desperation on the job has to rub off somewhere. I only hope that the police department is doing something to help recognize those officers who are at risk, so situations such as this one can be prevented.
Divorce is indeed an unpleasant thing but people must realize when its time to move on and then be able to go gracefully into the next chapter of their lives. When someone doesn't want you, then there is no use holding on; wishing and thinking that things will work out.
And vengeance never does anyone any good.

I only wish tragedies like this could be prevented.
dom

United States

#20 Jan 12, 2009
Campus Hero wrote:
<quoted text>Please......20 yrs riding around in a radio car is as stress free as it gets.
If you don't get stressed out by broken bodies, picking heads out of a ditch, being puked on, sworn at, threatened and on call 24/8 in any kind of weather.
rckayla

Long Island City, NY

#22 Jan 12, 2009
dom wrote:
You're 100% right about police, and law enforcement, work being one of the highest stress jobs on earth. But please don't blame the media for making it harder because all they did was 'report the facts' of what happened in that house! The blame rests solely on Francis Cole who decided to take his stress out by stabbing his wife in the chest before then shooting her, and himself, in the head; selfishly leaving his 4 children with neither a mother nor a father. For those sticking up for him, if they were actually divorced (which they weren't) did he even think about his children in this most selfish of acts which make him unfit to even be a parent?!?
Crybaby Cops

Stamford, CT

#24 Jan 12, 2009
Nobody told you to stay in a job that is too stressful for you. Quit and get a new job... I'm sure there is another job that you can make 100k with no meaningful education out there somewhere.
dom wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't get stressed out by broken bodies, picking heads out of a ditch, being puked on, sworn at, threatened and on call 24/8 in any kind of weather.
I smell Bacon

White Plains, NY

#26 Jan 12, 2009
The grandma and daughter got a special police car ride to relatives houses at taxpayer expense.

Guess no one was available to come get them.
Divorce LI Style

Florham Park, NJ

#27 Jan 12, 2009
rckayla wrote:
How awful that their 18 year old daughter was home to witness this; I pray that the grandmother will bring the daughter for therapy because she's going to need therapy big time!!! My condolences to the entire Cole Family at this sorrowful time...
Therapy is the worse thing that could happen to the daughter. Most therapist are more twisted then their victims. The daughter would be wise to stay away from those quacks. She should deal with it, and move on.
tasteless

Port Washington, NY

#28 Jan 12, 2009
Huhh wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah his wife....she has **** in her head!!!
baawwahahahahahahahahahahahhah ahaaaaa
BANG BANG BABY!!!
Everyones knows this is you Slappy Sanchez ,its stinks of you..Your the cream of the c/rap.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 4 min Paul Yanks 341,060
Giants talk back (Dec '06) 22 min Paul Yanks 6,967
President Trump's first 100 days - Roadmap to D... (Nov '16) 2 hr Bloody Bill Anderson 5,375
Neautograph.com has truly authentic autographed... 3 hr hertuy778 1
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 hr weapon X 318,258
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 4 hr Princess Hey 18,800
Women Are Their Own Worst Objectifiers 4 hr Exploited 6
jets talk back (Dec '07) 11 hr Carlos 14,818

New York Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

New York Mortgages