City man: JetBlue made me sit on toilet during flight

There are 20 comments on the Newsday story from May 12, 2008, titled City man: JetBlue made me sit on toilet during flight. In it, Newsday reports that:

A New York City man is suing JetBlue Airways Corp. for more than $2 million because he says a pilot made him give up his seat to a flight attendant and sit on the toilet for more than three hours on a flight ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Gabby

Owings, MD

#1 May 12, 2008
Sounds like he received full and fair transportation value for the price he paid. Case dismissed.

He should have been returned to his seat & belted, and the FA to the jumpseat when the 'fasten seatbelt' light was lit, however.
Effin eh

Fort Lee, NJ

#3 May 12, 2008
What does the Passenger Bill of Rights say about this one?
Bubba

Brooklyn, NY

#4 May 12, 2008
Sounds like a crappy deal to me...
Gimme A Break

Amityville, NY

#5 May 12, 2008
Why should he be entitled to a seat - he didn't pay for it. There is no loss of money here, so what is he suing for? He wasn't injured, just uncomfortable. All airplanes are uncomfortable, yet we PAY for our tickets. Is his comfort worth 2 million dollars?. Send him back to his own country. I'll be him a real seat to get rid of him.
Run262

Massapequa Park, NY

#6 May 12, 2008
There's only a couple of true-sleeze lawyers who would take on a case like this.

Kenneth Mollins from Melville only sues governmental agencies to line his pockets. He's such a slime ball. Brewington isn't far behind.
Informed Poster

Amityville, NY

#7 May 12, 2008
The only one negligent is this cretin who wanted to fly FREE instead of paying.
spell check good

Plant City, FL

#8 May 12, 2008
Now I think I have heard it all....
Fly me

Paterson, NJ

#9 May 12, 2008
Mutlu's making a mountain out of a mole hill.
Baron Miguel Sicluna

United States

#10 May 12, 2008
You people just dont get it! The mans name was ghokan mutlu, a pakistani who was wearing traditional turban.. It was horrible, I was on that flight.. every single person that used the bathroom, mistook his turban for the towel dispenser, I felt so bad for him!!
Geez

West Milford, NJ

#11 May 12, 2008
What are his damages? And I don't think there is a contract because no $$ was exchanged.

$3 million and a free flight, I'll take it!

“There's Only One ME!”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#13 May 12, 2008
The sad part is, this guy will receive some kind of retribution from the Jet Blue, that the rest of us will pay for in fare increases.
R U KIDDING ME

Amityville, NY

#14 May 12, 2008
Too Bad he wasn't flushed away during the turbulence. Obviously riding the toilet reminded him home, riding the camels....Send Him Back...and his lawyers with him!!!
NY to VA

Charlottesville, VA

#15 May 12, 2008
this is just to funny to even reply to.
I can not believe any lawyer in his/her right mind would even take the case.
No money was exchanged,so what is the problem????? When you travel standby you take what you get. He got a seat did he not,,,so suck it up mister and leave Jet blue alone,,,
linger longer

United States

#16 May 12, 2008
never give out your buddy passes always a problem
Have another round

Fort Lee, NJ

#17 May 12, 2008
All this because someone's GF wanted a seat comfier than a jumpseat?
Dave-O

Denver, CO

#18 May 12, 2008
Informed Poster wrote:
The sad part is, this guy will receive some kind of retribution from the Jet Blue, that the rest of us will pay for in fare increases.
I think you meant RESTITUTION. But in any case, someone will end up FLUSH with cash!

Since: Feb 08

Bronx, NY

#19 May 12, 2008
It seems to me that the entire crew on that flight are as racist as most of you responders. The flight attendant should have stayed in the jump seat. A civilian passenger that is permitted on a flight must be provide a seat whether they pay or not.

I had been a pass rider on many flights. If a seat is not available to you, you are not permitted to board the flight.

Another example of a human being treated like trash, by other trashy humans. What a beautiful world!

Since: Feb 08

Bronx, NY

#20 May 12, 2008
BTW- restitution?? Maybe a couple of free tickets and a written apology. There should absolutely be no other monetary compensation.
Why would you say that

Madison, WI

#21 May 12, 2008
Actually all you dumb ignorant racist posters, he's of European descent. He went to Turkey for undergraduate. He also is a very well respected physician. Google his name. Read it and weep you stupid racists:
Gokhan Mutlu:

Clinical and Research Interests
Acute lung injury/ARDS
Mechanisms by which ambient particulate matter causes cardiovascular disease
Sleep disordered breathing
Education
Istanbul University (Turkey), MD, 1992
Some guy

Yorktown Heights, NY

#22 May 12, 2008
What the pilot did was wrong, but $3,000,000???
Come on now, that is ludicrous! They should have let him sit in the jump seat if the flight attendant was in that much pain.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 8 min Unbiased Padres Fan 315,728
Nassau/Suffolk High School Football (Nov '11) 8 min LIfan 12,301
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 16 min Patriot AKA Bozo 52,987
News Two Members of Gambino Crime Family Charged in ... (Apr '09) 16 min Bobby jake 23
Anybody knows a reliable job agency in NY? 1 hr startupguy 1
What time is the march for the cop that got sho... 1 hr jesse 4
Whine and Cheese: Where are the crackers (Dec '09) 1 hr Go Blue Forever 776
More from around the web

New York People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]