Posted in the New York Forum

First Prev
of 18
Next Last
A Fan

New York, NY

#2 Mar 23, 2007
To quote the popular song....."Lets get this party started!!"

Newsday already ticking off SHA with the no mention in todays preview.

GC girls are gonna be tough to stop. Brennan is an unforgiving goal machine.
Northport06

Chestnut Hill, MA

#5 Mar 23, 2007
Long Island Top 10 as I see it

1. Garden City
2. Rocky Point
3. Farmingdale
4. SWR
5. Northport
6. Bay Shore
7. Ward Melville
8. Massapequa
9. North Shore
10.Manhasset
NARNAR22

Harrisonburg, VA

#6 Mar 23, 2007
Im sorryt but Northport doesnt deserve to be Number 5 at all....Ward Melville and Bay Shore should definitely be ahead..This years class A final match up Ward Melville vs. Bay Shore!!
Northport06

Chestnut Hill, MA

#7 Mar 23, 2007
actually, I think this years Northport team will be almost as good as last years..yes its going to be young, but the junior class is very good and both the attack and defense will be deep, middies will be the only weakness with the loss of Markowski and Gandolfi. As you can see from my screen name i graduated last year, but the talent on this years team should not be discounted
fan5

Brooklyn, NY

#10 Mar 24, 2007
North Shore is definetly better than 9th, i think they are going all the way this year, even though there goalie graduated
hatesballhogs

Yorktown Heights, NY

#11 Mar 24, 2007
Amen dougie
LacrosseParent

AOL

#12 Mar 24, 2007
You obviously were not at the game so "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all"
Lacrosse is a way of life

Patchogue, NY

#13 Mar 24, 2007
Comsewogue girls lacrosse is a rebuilding program in girls lacrosse. Especially considering the lose of 9 seniors from last season. i think you should expect a lot out of them with a strong junior class and 4 outstanding seniors. injurys has plagued the program for the last few seasons, but expect some great things out of this young team.
heeeeeeeeello

Lavallette, NJ

#14 Mar 24, 2007
hatesballhogs wrote:
Amen dougie
shannon smith is the real deal. keep this board positive. She is by herself and is tops in suffolk.
Laxer

Old Bridge, NJ

#15 Mar 24, 2007
Shannon Smith is a legit. player and is anything but a hog. Smith is no doubt one of the best players out there.
LILAX

AOL

#16 Mar 25, 2007
Shannon Smith is an amazing lacrosse player. I have seen Shannon play before...she can shoot and score from anywhere. Lacrosse is a team game, so no TEAM should have an athlete score that many goals.
Lax Fan 15

AOL

#17 Mar 26, 2007
LILAX wrote:
Shannon Smith is an amazing lacrosse player. I have seen Shannon play before...she can shoot and score from anywhere. Lacrosse is a team game, so no TEAM should have an athlete score that many goals.
I totally agree with that. She is definitely a great player, but the team only looks to her for scoring. Lax is a TEAM EFFORT!
Lax Fan 15

AOL

#18 Mar 26, 2007
I think Massapequa has an awesome TEAM effort going on there. It's nice to see so many people scoring in a game. Keep up the TEAM effort girls and you will go further than anyone expects you to.
chyeah

Madison, CT

#19 Mar 26, 2007
Id like to see how SWR does without Shacknowski (sp?)

I think they'll do just fine with Davis (Delaware) and Anderson (Rutgers) leading the team
Hixlax

Denver, CO

#20 Mar 26, 2007
Hicksville girls lax will catch a little of the Bball teams magic and make some noise this year.
laxplayer

Bronx, NY

#21 Mar 26, 2007
Is the Manhasset/Rocky Point game that was scheduled for tomorrow cancelled?
northport06

Chestnut Hill, MA

#22 Mar 27, 2007
Shannon Smith is a great player...there arent many other options on WB, she knows shes the only hope of her team winning, so she scores a lot
STX 01

Bridgeport, CT

#23 Mar 27, 2007
Don't underestimate the power of the lindy girls lacrosse program. With a new coaching staff, those girls managed to beat #2 East Islip easily.
lacrosse fam07

AOL

#24 Mar 27, 2007
looks like Massapequas moving down the top 10??? Altho it looks like Sonowski is gonna bring them back up.
LacrosseParent

AOL

#25 Mar 27, 2007
northport06 wrote:
Shannon Smith is a great player...there arent many other options on WB, she knows shes the only hope of her team winning, so she scores a lot
Lacrosse is a team sport. Yes, Shannon is awesome, but other girls on the team can score. I don't think she would agree with this statement.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 18
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Reasons to cheer For President Obama One, Two..... (Apr '12) 9 min 2 Dogs 1,331
Fox is going down (Dec '09) 13 min 2 Dogs 6,975
We VS We (Nov '09) 15 min 2 Dogs 2,406
Another Republican Bites the Dust!! (Dec '11) 17 min 2 Dogs 1,002
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 20 min jimi-yank 43,467
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 21 min FORREST 16,149
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 22 min FORREST 17,799
President Trump's first 100 days - Roadmap to D... 31 min NEMO 2,913
Topix Human Sexuality Forum Discontinued (Jun '16) 10 hr True 1,085

New York Jobs