Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 313637 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“It might have been !!!”

Since: Aug 07

F&P City

#200232 Oct 24, 2011
lost-cause wrote:
<quoted text>
How so Tap... so if mom doesn't want Johnny to join the military and he does it anyway... Is she supporting his "choice" to join or his "right" to make that "choice" when she supports him as being a soldier?
Of course she is effectively supporting his choice. I'm sure she doesn't want to live in a country that does not have armed forces. What's wrong with having protection ?

“It might have been !!!”

F&P City

#200233 Oct 24, 2011
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
He has stated he's pro-choice.
So either he's a liar or he's befuddled.
Probably both.
Doc is frustrated. Poor thing.
Paying attention is not your strong suit.

“It might have been !!!”

F&P City

#200234 Oct 24, 2011
Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
I know what you believe and I knew what the answer would be but I still had to ask.
What you say would not work. Unless one is medically trained/qualified, are they really in a position to determine when a legitimate health or life risk exists ? That goes for anyone. How would I know if I have an appendix that was about to burst or if I just had some bad souvlaki ?
Leaving it up to the woman is basically giving her carte blanche to terminate the pregnancy for ANY reason........
I don't want this pregnancy to continue....I got a health risk.....out with it !
even if the woman is na MD there is still a conflict of interest. It HAS to be a trained and qualified third party.
In Doc's case, I'd bet souvlaki every time.

“Game on !”

Since: Aug 09

nyc

#200235 Oct 24, 2011
Tap San in LIC wrote:
<quoted text>
You can definitely count them on one hand. It's eerie is some strange way. Must be all that time we spent in that foxhole.
I could listen all day to you riff on Democrats, unions, Derek Jeter, the Stankees and the Occupy Wall Street morons.......music to my ears.

“It might have been !!!”

F&P City

#200236 Oct 24, 2011
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
...sigh. You really don't pay the least bit of attention to my posts, do you? boo hoo. Or do you just find it easier to lump alllll PC into one PC-bot, and claim that we all sound the same, so what difference does it make? And you call ME a "dope"? You're lazy, dear. Hate to tell ya.
For the umpteenth time. I am against abortion. I don't scream "my body my choice". I know full well it is not black and white, but I also know that it is simply not that desirable (or easy) to have the state/feds tell us what we should do with our pregnancies. Too Big Brotherish. It lends itself to a scary precedent. I am simply not willing to throw our reproductive privacy under the bus the way YOU are, since you are clearly PL. And a man, who has no say ANYWAY.
I want to see rates go down via better education and contraceptive availability. I am one of the most "PL" PC on here, toots. Do you understand THIS time? Or am I going to have to tell you again?
Pay attention. Ya dope.
That's the most sense you've made so far, however, your persistence in claiming I am PL only proves how stupid you are and that it is YOU who is not paying attention. Idiot.

“They will lose.”

Since: Apr 11

Falcon can hear the falconer

#200237 Oct 24, 2011
Tap San in LIC wrote:
<quoted text>
Where was the advice ? It was merely opinion. You want my councel, you have to ask for it nicely.
"Be PC or PL, but make some sense in your argument. Don't jump up and down screaming MY BODY MY CHOICE without even considering options, or at least consider an opposing view in your argument."

“It might have been !!!”

F&P City

#200238 Oct 24, 2011
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I don't support your end choice.
Don't cry on my shoulder when you regret having kids.(choice)
Don't cry on my shoulder because you gave one away.(choice)
Don't cry on my shoulder that you don't have any at all.(choice)
Don't cry on my shoulder post-abortion.(choice)
I don't support your choice at all. I support the fact that you were in a position to have a choice. You are not forced to give birth and you are not forced to abort.
But those are both choices which you say are available to me as my right, thanks for your support.

“Make time ”

Since: Sep 09

for contemplation

#200239 Oct 24, 2011
Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
I know what you believe and I knew what the answer would be but I still had to ask.
What you say would not work. Unless one is medically trained/qualified, are they really in a position to determine when a legitimate health or life risk exists ? That goes for anyone. How would I know if I have an appendix that was about to burst or if I just had some bad souvlaki ?
Leaving it up to the woman is basically giving her carte blanche to terminate the pregnancy for ANY reason........
I don't want this pregnancy to continue....I got a health risk.....out with it !
even if the woman is na MD there is still a conflict of interest. It HAS to be a trained and qualified third party.
Legitimate! Legitimate ... do you hate women that much?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20427256/ns/healt...

The risk of dying in this country is minimal but rising. All pregnancies carry health risks - I've linked before to Liz. Do I have to do it again?

Any reason a woman wants to terminate her pregnancy is good enough for me in the first tri and early second. After that, it should be closely evaluated for due cause. jmo
Kenosis

Norwalk, CT

#200240 Oct 24, 2011
Tap San in LIC wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course she is effectively supporting his choice. I'm sure she doesn't want to live in a country that does not have armed forces. What's wrong with having protection ?
Oh, wise oracle....

Should Shane Doan be traded back to Winnipeg?

“It might have been !!!”

F&P City

#200241 Oct 24, 2011
Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
I could listen all day to you riff on Democrats, unions, Derek Jeter, the Stankees and the Occupy Wall Street morons.......music to my ears.
Don't forget unappreciative handicapped people, and 50 year old, balding, unmarried, OCD supervisors.

“Game on !”

nyc

#200242 Oct 24, 2011
Carbon-12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I used to put more effort into my replies to you, but you have taught me it is a waste of time.
More effort ??? Ya mean like this gem......
" Of course it's got unique DNA........it has to !"

Now THAT'S effort !

Don't worry, I have not seen you ask anything new in a long time, and if you really want to know what I think you can check the archives.
Are you kidding ? I just asked it. You can't claim time elapsed ignorance on this one.....

"is it possible to be pro choice and NOT support a woman's right to each of the choices available to her?"

“It might have been !!!”

F&P City

#200243 Oct 24, 2011
Carbon-12 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Be PC or PL, but make some sense in your argument. Don't jump up and down screaming MY BODY MY CHOICE without even considering options, or at least consider an opposing view in your argument."
Lulu never formally asked for my advice so it remains only my opinion, not counsel. If she really needs help, see Doc, he's helped many, he can help her too.

“It might have been !!!”

F&P City

#200244 Oct 24, 2011
Kenosis wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, wise oracle....
Should Shane Doan be traded back to Winnipeg?
I have no idea, does he play with pation ?

“Game on !”

nyc

#200245 Oct 24, 2011
Tap San in LIC wrote:
<quoted text>
In Doc's case, I'd bet souvlaki every time.
Not any more.

“Make time ”

Since: Sep 09

for contemplation

#200246 Oct 24, 2011
Tap San in LIC wrote:
<quoted text>
But those are both choices which you say are available to me as my right, thanks for your support.
I give up. I don't consider birth/abortion to be unalienable rights.

“They will lose.”

#200247 Oct 24, 2011
Tap San in LIC wrote:
<quoted text>
Lulu never formally asked for my advice so it remains only my opinion, not counsel. If she really needs help, see Doc, he's helped many, he can help her too.
It seems like a fine distinction. How would your advice differ from your opinion to a reader in this context. If you prefer, I can urge that women not be swayed by your opinion.

“It might have been !!!”

F&P City

#200248 Oct 24, 2011
Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
Not any more.
Kukdos.

“They will lose.”

#200249 Oct 24, 2011
Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
More effort ??? Ya mean like this gem......
" Of course it's got unique DNA........it has to !"
Now THAT'S effort !
<quoted text>
Are you kidding ? I just asked it. You can't claim time elapsed ignorance on this one.....
"is it possible to be pro choice and NOT support a woman's right to each of the choices available to her?"
I am sorry, I could not simplify the basic facts any further. Biologically it does have to have unique DNA, so it really should be something brought up by people like you as tho it were some new and thrilling fact. My reply is certainly not as lazy as saying that clockwork DNA is the hallmark of personhood.

For the second part, I did not remember the question. I just took a second to think it thru and I will say yes, while qualifying that my answer has nothing to do with your vendetta against Bitner. As I have said many times recently support take the form of failure to oppose.

“Trying is...”

Since: Feb 08

the first step towards failure

#200250 Oct 24, 2011
Wow, lots of posts in this forum. What's the subject?

Long Night Moon

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#200251 Oct 24, 2011
Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
Post # 200167 "hon". We were talking about BOTH. Based on YOUR prompting......
Like I said. Come back in a week or so. You're starting to babble now.....
Long Night Moon wrote:
<quoted text>
Especially since it's so blatantly obvious. I have yet to see where anyone he has accused of lying has actually lied.
Doc: That in itself is a lie. I spoon fed you Bitter's lie. Showed and linked you to the actual posts.
As for phony katie I'm only using your logic. You claimed another poster accused you of posting something that you said you never did (that you were a man?)....and until she found and posted proof of it's existence you said she was a liar. Same with phony katie. Until she posts proof of the existence of the posts she says definitely exist....she is a liar.
You're still banging square pegs into round holes. Bitner told you no lies. Try again...I support your right to free speech but I don't support what you say. Bitner supports the right for women to make their own choice. No more, no less. Maybe you'd like to stop trying to control all women to your satisfaction. You have a choice too... you have the choice to have intercourse only with PL women, then you'll never have a problem.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Human Sexuality Forum Discontinued (Jun '16) 17 min Ben 1,066
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 1 hr The Don 43,437
Is Rachel Maddow smug or priggish? 1 hr doomedtrump 9
President Trump's first 100 days - Roadmap to D... 1 hr Goober of Glovers... 2,838
KOREA to LAUNCH Satellites for NASA ! 1 hr OHIO EXPRESS TOILETS 3
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 4 hr -Lucky- 17,781
Fox is going down (Dec '09) 4 hr 2 Dogs 6,970

New York Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

New York Mortgages