Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310327 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

sweetsassy

Jackson, NJ

#198425 Oct 6, 2011
Long Night Moon wrote:
C'mon Sassy...you claimed I wrote a post telling people I was a man, so where is it? You blared it on 2 threads, so where is the post?
Do you support a womans right to electively abort? yes or no?
sweetsassy

Jackson, NJ

#198427 Oct 6, 2011
1) in the course of sperm-egg interaction, when is a new cell formed that is distinct from either sperm or egg? and 2) is this new cell a new human organism—i.e., a new human being? Based on universally accepted scientific criteria, a new cell, the human zygote, comes into existence at the moment of sperm-egg fusion, an event that occurs in less than a second. Upon formation, the zygote immediately initiates a complex sequence of events that establish the molecular conditions required for continued embryonic development. The behavior of the zygote is radically unlike that of either sperm or egg separately and is characteristic of a human organism. Thus, the scientific evidence supports the conclusion that a zygote is a human organism and that the life of a new human being commences at a scientifically well defined “moment of conception.” This conclusion is objective, consistent with the factual evidence, and independent of any specific ethical, moral, political, or religious view of human life or of human embryos.
http://www.westchesterinstitute.net/resources...
sweetsassy

Jackson, NJ

#198428 Oct 6, 2011
Questions for prochoicers...

1. Do you support a womans right to selective abortions?

2. Do you support a womans right to elective abortion?

3. If topix required you to answer in a poll in order to continue to be part of topix,which would you answer to these questions? YES OR NO?

kthanks.

Just trying to weed out the honest from the deceivers.

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#198429 Oct 6, 2011
Long Night Moon wrote:
<quoted text>
"after lying to the American people that Obamacare would not threaten the religious prerogatives of the Catholic Church—it now wants to force Catholic healthcare providers to offer sterilization and contraceptive services (abortion will be next)"
The "prerogatives of the Catholic Church"? If Catholic doctors want to use their personal religious beliefs to not have to provide medical services patients want or need then they shouldn't become doctors, or they should stick to podiatry or something.
"it now wants to force Catholic healthcare providers.." Just like the way Catholics want to "force" their dogma onto others. Healthcare providers should do their jobs or find another profession. When I go to a doctor I don't give a damn about their religious beliefs and I don't want them used to determine what health care services I can or can't receive.
It's easy. Catholics don't want to do those things then don't become those types of doctors.
OH my gosh, you are just stupid, the greatest doctors in the world are... CATHOLIC. People become doctors to save lives, saying a group of people not to be doctors because of their religious belief is communistic and just plain wrong and very un American.
Mary

United States

#198430 Oct 6, 2011
realkatie wrote:
<quoted text>
See Roe. See Roe run. Run, Roe, run.
You, Triple L, and JM have claimed RvW restricts privacy rights at fetal viability.
This is not true. See Truth. See Truth stick around and shove it up your... Oh sorry, moved into the PG rating.
Truth is Roe does not allow restrictions on privacy. Roe allows the states to determine -- around viability -- IF they will, on a case-by-case basis, impose restrictions. Not Roe. The states.
See light bulb. See light bulb light up.
Btw, how's Doc doing?
I claimed no such thing. Here is what you responded "NO" to :

lil Lily wrote:

<quoted text>
Must we hold your hand through everything said?
It ALLOWS for the restrictions on elective abortion, specifically at viability. Why do you suppose that is, bonehead?

"No, it allows for individual states to impose restrictions on abortion if the states so desire. Bitner, of course, is right again"

NO ? NO ? You mean it doesn't allow for restrictions?
You're STILL stupid.

Even Bitner admitted she made a mistake. Let it go stupid.

Have you heard from Mpncie ? We're worried about her here.

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#198431 Oct 6, 2011
sweetsassy wrote:
<quoted text>Where am I suppose to find it silly? There are PAGES AND PAGES AND PAGES each day and night from you people,so what do you expect me to do? I can barely keep up reply to posts on here.
All I know is that you said it. I remember it. I even was going to say something at the time but didn't bother because I really didn't care.
I know that you and some others(kenose for instance)are former posters under disguise so that was already established so to me it didn't really matter if you got caught in your lie. We ALL know that nasty nana is here.
Now? lol..I just think that it's funny that you can't keep your story straight.
"I just think that it's funny that you can't keep your story straight."

And I think it's funny that you made a big fuss on 2 threads over this but conveniently won't/can't get the alleged post.

"All I know is that you said it."

No, you made it all up.

You were lying, of course. But I already know that because I never made such a claim.

"I know that you and some others(kenose for instance)are former posters under disguise so that was already established so to me it didn't really matter if you got caught in your lie."

Do you have proof of this? Who am I supposed to be? Another lie from you.

Another Liar for Jesus.

“Trying is...”

Since: Feb 08

the first step towards failure

#198432 Oct 6, 2011
Hey where's Kathy? Too bummed over the Friendly's bankruptcy?
Mary

United States

#198433 Oct 6, 2011
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
lol, exactly.
And the idiot is still arguing the point. As if adding "the States" and "if they so desire" changes what you said. Who else but individual States would be allowed to impose restrictions? And when you say "allowed" it's understood that actually imposing the restriction would still be up to the allowee.
Real katie is real stupid.

Location hidden

#198434 Oct 6, 2011
sweetsassy wrote:
<quoted text>Do you support a womans right to electively abort? yes or no?
Do you have the post I allegedly wrote where I claimed to be a man? In a "Christ-like" manner you blared all over 2 threads that I was a liar and had supposedly written a post saying I was a man, so produce the post to support your accusation. Otherwise you willfully accused me while knowing that you, in fact, were lying.

Location hidden

#198435 Oct 6, 2011
sweetsassy wrote:
Questions for prochoicers...

Just trying to weed out the honest from the deceivers.
Questions for pro-liars...

Why do supposed Christians lie so much on here?

Location hidden

#198436 Oct 6, 2011
Colorado 4 life wrote:
<quoted text>OH my gosh, you are just stupid, the greatest doctors in the world are... CATHOLIC. People become doctors to save lives, saying a group of people not to be doctors because of their religious belief is communistic and just plain wrong and very un American.
Communistic? <snicker> Oh please...drop the buzz words already.

"the greatest doctors in the world are... CATHOLIC"

Do you have proof of this? I doubt it.

A doctors Catholic beliefs are irrelevant to the patients. A medical professional should not be forcing patients to adhere to their personal religious dogma.

Location hidden

#198437 Oct 6, 2011
Long Night Moon wrote:
<quoted text>
Questions for pro-liars...
Why do supposed Christians lie so much on here?
We don't, you just do not want to believe in the truth when we say abortion is the slaughtering of the innocent unborn children. You don't want to hear how your lifestyle and how abortion is very immoral, so you deny we are posting the truth.
Kenosis

Commack, NY

#198438 Oct 6, 2011
sweetsassy wrote:
<quoted text>Hey obionekenobi,when are you going to state your stance on here?
Do you,..or do you not,support a woman's choice to electively abort. I have been asking you since you came on here and you REFUSE to answer me.
Why?
I already answered that months ago and I replied to your post. It's not my fault you have selective vision and can't see what is right in front of your face. Go weed through 9,000 pages and search for yourself, dimwit.

Location hidden

#198439 Oct 6, 2011
Long Night Moon wrote:
<quoted text>
A doctors Catholic beliefs are irrelevant to the patients. A medical professional should not be forcing patients to adhere to their personal religious dogma.
(1718–1799)- Linguist, mathematician, and philosopher. Agnesi is credited with writing the first book discussing both differential and integral calculus. She was an honorary member of the faculty at the University of Bologna.

Augustin Louis Cauchy (1789–1857)- French mathematician. He started the project of formulating and proving the theorems of calculus in a rigorous manner and was thus an early pioneer of analysis. He also gave several important theorems in complex analysis and initiated the study of permutation groups. A profound mathematician, Cauchy exercised by his perspicuous and rigorous methods a great influence over his contemporaries and successors. His writings cover the entire range of mathematics and mathematical physics.

Gregor Mendel (1822–1884)- Augustinian priest and scientist often called the "father of modern genetics" for his study of the inheritance of traits in pea plants. Mendel showed that the inheritance of traits follows particular laws, which were later named after him. The significance of Mendel's work was not recognised until the turn of the 20th century. Its rediscovery prompted the foundation of genetics.

Louis Pasteur (1822-1895)- French chemist best known for his remarkable breakthroughs in microbiology. His experiments confirmed the germ theory of disease, and he created the first vaccine for rabies. He is best known to the general public for showing how to stop milk and wine from going sour - this process came to be called pasteurization. He is regarded as one of the three main founders of bacteriology, together with Ferdinand Cohn and Robert Koch. He also made many discoveries in the field of chemistry, most notably the asymmetry of crystals.

Francesco Faà di Bruno (1825—1888)- Italian mathematician most linked to Turin. He is known for Faà di Bruno's formula and being a spiritual writer beatified in 1988.

Armand David (1826–1900)- Catholic missionary to China and member of the Lazarists who considered his religious duties to be his principle concern. He was also a botanist with the author abbreviation David and as a zoologist he described several species new to the West.

Pierre Duhem (1861–1916)- He worked on Thermodynamic potentials and wrote histories advocating that the Roman Catholic Church helped advance science.

E. T. Whittaker (1873-1956)- Converted to Catholicism in 1930 and member of the Pontifical Academy of Sciences. His 1946 Donnellan Lecture was entitled on Space and Spirit. Theories of the Universe and the Arguments for the Existence of God. He also received the Copley Medal and had written on Mathematical physics before conversion.

Georges Lemaître (1894-1966)- Catholic priest, honorary prelate, professor of physics and astronomer. Lemaître proposed what became known as the Big Bang theory of the origin of the Universe, although he called it his 'hypothesis of the primeval atom'. He was a pioneer in applying Einstein's theory of general relativity to cosmology: suggesting a pre-cursor of Hubble's law in 1927, and publishing his primeval atom theory the pages of Nature in 1931.

Carlos Chagas Filho (1910-2000)- A neuroscientist from Rio de Janeiro who headed the Pontifical Academy of Sciences for 16 years. He studied the Shroud of Turin and his "the Origin of the Universe", "the Origin of Life", and "the Origin of Man" involved an understanding between Catholicism and Science. catholicanswers.com

Location hidden

#198440 Oct 6, 2011
Long Night Moon wrote:
<quoted text>
And no one should be forced to go against their religious belief, like Obama wants them to.

Location hidden

#198441 Oct 6, 2011
Colorado 4 life wrote:
<quoted text>We don't, you just do not want to believe in the truth when we say abortion is the slaughtering of the innocent unborn children. You don't want to hear how your lifestyle and how abortion is very immoral, so you deny we are posting the truth.
Yes, you do lie, prolifically. And the sad thing is that you convince yourselves that lying is pious as long as it supports your dogma.

And there you go again..what exactly IS my "lifestyle"? What do YOU know about my "lifestyle". You know nothing, yet make judgments as if you know me. That is "Christ-like"?

Location hidden

#198442 Oct 6, 2011
Colorado 4 life wrote:
<quoted text> You don't want to hear how your lifestyle and how abortion is very immoral, so you deny we are posting the truth.
You post slanderous lies off your biased fear-mongering web sites. Like your disgusting smear campaign against the Girl Scouts. What a pathetic disgusting display of deceit that was!
sweetsassy

Jackson, NJ

#198443 Oct 6, 2011
Long Night Moon wrote:
<quoted text>
"I just think that it's funny that you can't keep your story straight."
And I think it's funny that you made a big fuss on 2 threads over this but conveniently won't/can't get the alleged post.
"All I know is that you said it."
No, you made it all up.
You were lying, of course. But I already know that because I never made such a claim.
"I know that you and some others(kenose for instance)are former posters under disguise so that was already established so to me it didn't really matter if you got caught in your lie."
Do you have proof of this? Who am I supposed to be? Another lie from you.
Another Liar for Jesus.
SASSY: Where am I suppose to find it silly? There are PAGES AND PAGES AND PAGES each day and night from you people,so what do you expect me to do? I can barely keep up reply to posts on here

Longnightmoo'ing: And I think it's funny that you made a big fuss on 2 threads over this but conveniently won't/can't get the alleged post

SASSY: It's funny that you have PAGES AND PAGES AND PAGES of posts and I'm suppose to know WHERE you said it?

LOL

Location hidden

#198444 Oct 6, 2011
Colorado 4 life wrote:
<quoted text>(1718–1799)- Linguist, mathematician, and philosopher. Agnesi is credited with writing the first book discussing both differential and integral calculus. She was an honorary member of the faculty at the University of Bologna.
Augustin Louis Cauchy (1789–1857)- French mathematician. He started the project of formulating and proving the theorems of calculus in a rigorous manner and was thus an early pioneer of analysis. He also gave several important theorems in complex analysis and initiated the study of permutation groups. A profound mathematician, Cauchy exercised by his perspicuous and rigorous methods a great influence over his contemporaries and successors. His writings cover the entire range of mathematics and mathematical physics.
Gregor Mendel (1822–1884)- Augustinian priest and scientist often called the "father of modern genetics" for his study of the inheritance of traits in pea plants. Mendel showed that the inheritance of traits follows particular laws, which were later named after him. The significance of Mendel's work was not recognised until the turn of the 20th century. Its rediscovery prompted the foundation of genetics.
Louis Pasteur (1822-1895)- French chemist best known for his remarkable breakthroughs in microbiology. His experiments confirmed the germ theory of disease, and he created the first vaccine for rabies. He is best known to the general public for showing how to stop milk and wine from going sour - this process came to be called pasteurization. He is regarded as one of the three main founders of bacteriology, together with Ferdinand Cohn and Robert Koch. He also made many discoveries in the field of chemistry, most notably the asymmetry of crystals.
Francesco Faà di Bruno (1825—1888)- Italian mathematician most linked to Turin. He is known for Faà di Bruno's formula and being a spiritual writer beatified in 1988.
Armand David (1826–1900)- Catholic missionary to China and member of the Lazarists who considered his religious duties to be his principle concern. He was also a botanist with the author abbreviation David and as a zoologist he described several species new to the West.
Pierre Duhem (1861–1916)- He worked on Thermodynamic potentials and wrote histories advocating that the Roman Catholic Church helped advance science.
E. T. Whittaker (1873-1956)- Converted to Catholicism in 1930 and member of the Pontifical Academy of Sciences. His 1946 Donnellan Lecture was entitled on Space and Spirit. Theories of the Universe and the Arguments for the Existence of God. He also received the Copley Medal and had written on Mathematical physics before conversion.
Georges Lemaître (1894-1966)- Catholic priest, honorary prelate, professor of physics and astronomer. Lemaître proposed what became known as the Big Bang theory of the origin of the Universe, although he called it his 'hypothesis of the primeval atom'. He was a pioneer in applying Einstein's theory of general relativity to cosmology: suggesting a pre-cursor of Hubble's law in 1927, and publishing his primeval atom theory the pages of Nature in 1931.
Carlos Chagas Filho (1910-2000)- A neuroscientist from Rio de Janeiro who headed the Pontifical Academy of Sciences for 16 years. He studied the Shroud of Turin and his "the Origin of the Universe", "the Origin of Life", and "the Origin of Man" involved an understanding between Catholicism and Science. catholicanswers.com
Catholicanswers.com ??? LMAO!! Do you know how many doctors are CURRENTLY practicing? Hundreds of thousands? Millions? And you dredged up 6 or 8 dead relics from a Catholic site?
Ladilulu

Brooklyn, NY

#198445 Oct 6, 2011
sweetsassy wrote:
<quoted text> What are you pulling a bitler now? Trying to avoid answering a question by playing games?
I have NO problem answering any question.
I've asked you at least 4 times in the past 24 hours. You even answered all but that question in a post yesterday.

Why is it okay for Lynne to lie about her identity, for many months now, yet not only do you not say anything to her about it on here, you obviously go along with it. In so doing, you are lying. And you are also being a hypocrite by going on and on about my silly name thing - which didn't even involve ANY PL that I know - yet you clearly approve of what Lynne is doing.

Why?

I answer all questions, often to my detriment. I would like reciprocity, please.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nassau/Suffolk High School Football (Nov '11) 22 min driver7789 12,378
Time to go? 25 min CSA - Voice of Am... 2,323
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Dec '14) 37 min Guinness Drinker 5,674
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 39 min Paul Yanks 319,174
OBAMA is the BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Nov '10) 48 min Guinness Drinker 19,706
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr IBdaMann 54,331
News Jews for Jesus Hit Town and Find a Tough Crowd (Jul '06) 1 hr messianic114 1,394
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 2 hr the don 36,344
More from around the web

Personal Finance

New York Mortgages