Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 314346 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#198411 Oct 6, 2011
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Girl? You really need to go relearn what's a lie and what isn't. What you said :lie. What I said: opinion
"I agree, and more and more people are not willing to keep elective abortion legal, but rather only under circumstances of risk of maternal death."
Where's the "lie" in saying "more and more people are not willing...." ?
Prove nearly 2/3 want "RvW to stay". You state that as a fact and you'd better be prepared to bakc or consider it another lie on that list of yours. As for the rest, look back at 1973 and tell me what the ratio of PL to PC was.
What you said was a untrue, particularly your statement about people only wanting abortion legal when the woman's life is in danger, because no poll gets that specific. I can back up my statements, can you?

http://www.pollingreport.com/abortion.htm

http://www.pollingreport.com/abortion2.htm

I don't lie.
Kenosis

Norwalk, CT

#198412 Oct 6, 2011
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Not in an abortion forum there isn't, bonehead.
Pathetic. You can only see through such narrow minded eyes.

Continue with your meaningless, daily diatribes.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#198413 Oct 6, 2011
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not witty, just childish.
No, it was funny. You just have no sense of humor.

It's really simple, stop flirting with me, and I'll stop asking you not to.
sweetsassy

Jackson, NJ

#198414 Oct 6, 2011
Ladilulu wrote:
<quoted text>
I answered you already. Find it.
I'll answer you again 'if' you answer my Lynne question.
:)
You didn't answer my questions.

What "lynned" question have you asked of me?
sweetsassy

Jackson, NJ

#198415 Oct 6, 2011
Ladilulu wrote:
...satisfactorily.
:)
What are you pulling a bitler now? Trying to avoid answering a question by playing games?

I have NO problem answering any question.

It seems that ya'll are afraid of your abortion stances. Not one of you will be honest enough to stand behind your stance and admit that you DO support a womans choice to electively abort.

This shows the deception of the proabortion movement. That's what it's all about-deflection,deception and false solutions.
sweetsassy

Jackson, NJ

#198416 Oct 6, 2011
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
No liar, you people argued it but never won the argument.
Conjoined twins do in fact live off one another. Many would die if separated, like a fetus would die if separated from the mother too soon, so yes, it's comparable to a woman gestating her developing child.
The only way you bonheads can make your arguments is to try to dehumanize the human life in utero.
What's in utero is the woman's developing offspring, her developing child. Fact.
All the semantics and medical terminology won't ever change the reality of that. Anytime you boneheads try to make it as though it's like gestating some creature that's sucking the life out of a woman, it's funny because it's so stupid to people with common sense who know it's just her developing child.
The woman had sex, by choice, became pregnant and if left alone her own child will develop and will eventually come out.
"""Conjoined twins do in fact live off one another""" "

Are the still arguing this conjoined twins sharing a body thing?

Talk about deception.
sweetsassy

Jackson, NJ

#198417 Oct 6, 2011
Kenosis wrote:
<quoted text>
Pathetic. You can only see through such narrow minded eyes.
Continue with your meaningless, daily diatribes.
Hey obionekenobi,when are you going to state your stance on here?

Do you,..or do you not,support a woman's choice to electively abort. I have been asking you since you came on here and you REFUSE to answer me.

Why?
sweetsassy

Jackson, NJ

#198418 Oct 6, 2011
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, you trying to get Sassy to say that Lynne is here posting under another name and until she does you won't answer her question again? Your childish games are obvious.
What a bonehead. Even I saw that's what you were fishing for in your post to her. She answered your post, and did so "satisfactorily, because she's been posting to you, as I have been, about YOUR actions, not anyone else's.
What any PL or PC does here has nothing to do with what you did, after harassing others about doing that sort of thing, and that you busted yourself in doing.
Lala just doesn't get it. I don't CARE who has more than one name or just one. SHE apparently did and THAT is why she is being called out on what she did by deceiving others by using an alias unknown to them. She called doing that-deceiving-and SWORE that she has not done that nor will she because she didn't feel right doing it(claiming that is why she came clean with ironscab because she couldn't stand the deception any longer).

Hey,have you noticed that she ALSO hasn't addressed bitler about what she said to me? Have you noticed that bitler hasn't addressed HER about it?

I'd really like lala to set that straight with bitler. It's like she is afraid to be honest about her true feelings to these proaborts as if they aren't going to like her anymore.

Sad :/

Long Night Moon

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#198419 Oct 6, 2011
C'mon Sassy...you claimed I wrote a post telling people I was a man, so where is it? You blared it on 2 threads, so where is the post?
sweetsassy

Jackson, NJ

#198421 Oct 6, 2011
Long Night Moon wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been asking you for at least 2 days to show this alleged post where I claimed to be a man. So where is it? Hmmmm?
Where am I suppose to find it silly? There are PAGES AND PAGES AND PAGES each day and night from you people,so what do you expect me to do? I can barely keep up reply to posts on here.

All I know is that you said it. I remember it. I even was going to say something at the time but didn't bother because I really didn't care.

I know that you and some others(kenose for instance)are former posters under disguise so that was already established so to me it didn't really matter if you got caught in your lie. We ALL know that nasty nana is here.

Now? lol..I just think that it's funny that you can't keep your story straight.
sweetsassy

Jackson, NJ

#198422 Oct 6, 2011
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
What you said was a untrue, particularly your statement about people only wanting abortion legal when the woman's life is in danger, because no poll gets that specific. I can back up my statements, can you?
http://www.pollingreport.com/abortion.htm
http://www.pollingreport.com/abortion2.htm
I don't lie.
"""I don't lie"""

LOL are you serious? YOU don't lie?

Uh, lala made a statement about her unborn aborted baby being a person and you called lily an idiot for thinking that is what she said. I asked her again and she said "correct" and you STILL refuse to acknowledge it.

You're so good at your lying,that YOU believe yourself.

LOL and you circle around your abortion stance too....

bitler: I do NOT support the choice to abort
bitler: I would abort if I was pregnant
bitler: I support choice
bitler: I don't support the one choice which is abortion.

“ Love is the ultimate law”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#198423 Oct 6, 2011
Just the other day I came to know that in New York the anti-abortionists were having a conference: abortion should be no longer legal, it should become a crime. All the religions of the world agree on such points. It is very strange: they don't agree on any theological points, but on this point Hindus agree, Mohammedans agree, Christians agree, Jews agree, everybody agrees -- abortion is a sin. Mother Teresa was in the conference, speaking against abortion, and she said, "There is violence in the world because of abortion." I could not believe it. If someone had said, "The violence in the world is because of overpopulation," that would have sounded more true. But this old woman is given a Nobel prize -- for what? Everything she does is against humanity. What arguments did she place before the conference? Why does abortion create violence in the world? Because abortion means you are killing a living body, you are making people killers of their own children, that opens the door to violence. The argument looks good, but it only looks good. At what point is the child alive? If abortion creates violence, then at what point is the child alive? At the time when the male and female living cells meet -- is that the point of life? It has to be, because otherwise from where will life come? But if it is life, that means that when the living cells were male and female, when the female eggs were in a woman's body and the male cells were in a man's body -- were they alive or not? Celibacy kills more than anything else, because if a nun, a celibate nun, who is not going to produce a child at all... then all those living cells that she brings from her mother's womb.... In a woman's body cells don't grow, she brings them from birth. All those eggs waiting to be alive, waiting to be Ronald Reagan -- they die without any chance. And do you know... a man, a single man, produces in his whole life, from age fourteen up to fifty, so many living cells that that single man can populate the whole world. What to say about a celibate monk? Every single monk is killing millions of people! From where does the violence begin? If anybody is responsible then it is Mother Teresa, the pope, their God. Why does he go on and on producing eggs and living sperms? It is time to stop. Already the world is four times more populated than it should be. If the world population can be reduced to one-fourth there will be no poverty, no violence; thousands of problems will disappear. But Mother Teresa is given a Nobel prize because she helps orphans, opens orphanages around the world. She is creating problems; these orphans will create children. And she is against abortion, because if abortion is legal from where is she going to get the orphans? And what about the Nobel prize? This senile woman is driving people crazy.
sweetsassy

Jackson, NJ

#198424 Oct 6, 2011
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
What is seen on an ultrasound is an embryo or fetus. That there are woman who want to use imprecise terms regarding it doesn't change that.
And I never claimed that a fetus is not alive or human, Idiot. Stop misrepresenting my position.
No, it's not her body. However, so long as it is inside of her body, and using her body's organ systems to sustain it's own, then it IS hers to decide about, just like a part of her body.
""""That there are woman who want to use imprecise terms regarding it doesn't change that."""

Exactly. Calling your offspring/child by its proper stage of life term,doesn't change the fact that it is your child/offspring.

Just like when you call our adult 20something offsprings-your children. They CERTAINLY aren't children,are they? No. They are not. But,the word children means offspring.

You just can't help burying yourself,can you?

""""" "body's organ systems to sustain it's own, then it IS hers to decide about, just like a part of her body"""" "

So,one conjoined twin can end her life KNOWING that she shares her body with her twin sister and they BOTH will die?
sweetsassy

Jackson, NJ

#198425 Oct 6, 2011
Long Night Moon wrote:
C'mon Sassy...you claimed I wrote a post telling people I was a man, so where is it? You blared it on 2 threads, so where is the post?
Do you support a womans right to electively abort? yes or no?
sweetsassy

Jackson, NJ

#198427 Oct 6, 2011
1) in the course of sperm-egg interaction, when is a new cell formed that is distinct from either sperm or egg? and 2) is this new cell a new human organism—i.e., a new human being? Based on universally accepted scientific criteria, a new cell, the human zygote, comes into existence at the moment of sperm-egg fusion, an event that occurs in less than a second. Upon formation, the zygote immediately initiates a complex sequence of events that establish the molecular conditions required for continued embryonic development. The behavior of the zygote is radically unlike that of either sperm or egg separately and is characteristic of a human organism. Thus, the scientific evidence supports the conclusion that a zygote is a human organism and that the life of a new human being commences at a scientifically well defined “moment of conception.” This conclusion is objective, consistent with the factual evidence, and independent of any specific ethical, moral, political, or religious view of human life or of human embryos.
http://www.westchesterinstitute.net/resources...
sweetsassy

Jackson, NJ

#198428 Oct 6, 2011
Questions for prochoicers...

1. Do you support a womans right to selective abortions?

2. Do you support a womans right to elective abortion?

3. If topix required you to answer in a poll in order to continue to be part of topix,which would you answer to these questions? YES OR NO?

kthanks.

Just trying to weed out the honest from the deceivers.

pupsilicious

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#198429 Oct 6, 2011
Long Night Moon wrote:
<quoted text>
"after lying to the American people that Obamacare would not threaten the religious prerogatives of the Catholic Church—it now wants to force Catholic healthcare providers to offer sterilization and contraceptive services (abortion will be next)"
The "prerogatives of the Catholic Church"? If Catholic doctors want to use their personal religious beliefs to not have to provide medical services patients want or need then they shouldn't become doctors, or they should stick to podiatry or something.
"it now wants to force Catholic healthcare providers.." Just like the way Catholics want to "force" their dogma onto others. Healthcare providers should do their jobs or find another profession. When I go to a doctor I don't give a damn about their religious beliefs and I don't want them used to determine what health care services I can or can't receive.
It's easy. Catholics don't want to do those things then don't become those types of doctors.
OH my gosh, you are just stupid, the greatest doctors in the world are... CATHOLIC. People become doctors to save lives, saying a group of people not to be doctors because of their religious belief is communistic and just plain wrong and very un American.
Mary

United States

#198430 Oct 6, 2011
realkatie wrote:
<quoted text>
See Roe. See Roe run. Run, Roe, run.
You, Triple L, and JM have claimed RvW restricts privacy rights at fetal viability.
This is not true. See Truth. See Truth stick around and shove it up your... Oh sorry, moved into the PG rating.
Truth is Roe does not allow restrictions on privacy. Roe allows the states to determine -- around viability -- IF they will, on a case-by-case basis, impose restrictions. Not Roe. The states.
See light bulb. See light bulb light up.
Btw, how's Doc doing?
I claimed no such thing. Here is what you responded "NO" to :

lil Lily wrote:

<quoted text>
Must we hold your hand through everything said?
It ALLOWS for the restrictions on elective abortion, specifically at viability. Why do you suppose that is, bonehead?

"No, it allows for individual states to impose restrictions on abortion if the states so desire. Bitner, of course, is right again"

NO ? NO ? You mean it doesn't allow for restrictions?
You're STILL stupid.

Even Bitner admitted she made a mistake. Let it go stupid.

Have you heard from Mpncie ? We're worried about her here.

Long Night Moon

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#198431 Oct 6, 2011
sweetsassy wrote:
<quoted text>Where am I suppose to find it silly? There are PAGES AND PAGES AND PAGES each day and night from you people,so what do you expect me to do? I can barely keep up reply to posts on here.
All I know is that you said it. I remember it. I even was going to say something at the time but didn't bother because I really didn't care.
I know that you and some others(kenose for instance)are former posters under disguise so that was already established so to me it didn't really matter if you got caught in your lie. We ALL know that nasty nana is here.
Now? lol..I just think that it's funny that you can't keep your story straight.
"I just think that it's funny that you can't keep your story straight."

And I think it's funny that you made a big fuss on 2 threads over this but conveniently won't/can't get the alleged post.

"All I know is that you said it."

No, you made it all up.

You were lying, of course. But I already know that because I never made such a claim.

"I know that you and some others(kenose for instance)are former posters under disguise so that was already established so to me it didn't really matter if you got caught in your lie."

Do you have proof of this? Who am I supposed to be? Another lie from you.

Another Liar for Jesus.

“Trying is...”

Since: Feb 08

the first step towards failure

#198432 Oct 6, 2011
Hey where's Kathy? Too bummed over the Friendly's bankruptcy?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fox is going down (Dec '09) 25 min Democrat black mom 7,079
News NYC's De Blasio: 'Children Will Die' Because of... 2 hr Budget girl 3
DWAYNE JOHNSON and TOM HANKS to RUN in 2020 4 hr Vote Democrat 15
President Trump's first 100 days - Roadmap to D... (Nov '16) 4 hr Bert 3,732
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 5 hr Katrina34 16,463
last post wins! (Jun '10) 5 hr Princess Hey 26,740
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 6 hr Paul Yanks 336,894
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 6 hr Paul Yanks 44,615
Skype Names 11 hr Ejjedj 42

New York Jobs