Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 306,362
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#325470 Jun 17, 2014
Not one hetero marriage changes in any way when SSM becomes legal. Therefore, the laws don't change for everyone, just those shut out of their legal rights to marry.
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>C.D. used the "f*g" word twice on a topix thread and was called on it. Do you want to defend the use of derogatory words and insulting descriptions of gays? How do you justify that and still believe in gay rights?
Gay rights are human rights, not special rights like rewriting marriage law for everyone.

Indianapolis

#325471 Jun 17, 2014
In the immortal words of Elvira, Mistress of the Dark, "If I want your opinion, I'll beat it outta you."
Common Sense wrote:
<quoted text>
Completely off topic. Do you even read what you respond to, bigot apologist ?

Indianapolis

#325472 Jun 17, 2014
Well, aren't you selfish?

I was my mother's 7th delivery, back in the good old days where they made sure women felt comparatively little. In point of fact, mom was so exhausted that she slept through my delivery. She was always quite happy about that.

I'm sure she did have discomfort, but she accepted it because he wanted kids.
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
You would want her to be sick and unhappy because you would have life. Ask your mother if she had any pain or discomfort delivering or during pregnancy.
SevenTee

Lexington, KY

#325473 Jun 17, 2014
Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Cite your source for that statistic. And it better not be lifenews.com
OTOH, giving you the benefit of the doubt and assuming arguendo your number is correct, AND assuming only 50%, or 30,000,000 of those "children" grow up to age 18 with their parents on some sort of public assistance, notwithstanding that it costs an average of $241,080.00 to raise a child from birth to age 18, according to CNN ( http://money.cnn.com/2013/08/14/pf/cost-child... ), then we're talking about greater than 7.2 TRILLION $$$ in tax dollars that has not been used to subsidize unwanted pregnancies.
You might be happy about that.
So, you are prepared to lay down your life for $241,080 CASH? That is your number you assign to the value of life.

I will tell you what, you come to Kentucky and I will arrange your murder by hanging for a Cashier's Check for $241,080. Do we have a deal?
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#325474 Jun 17, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
Hey, Bri-Bri, I'll decide what I find offensive. And since you aren't gay, you have no idea what is and is not offensive to us.
<quoted text>
Gay mns happy.
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#325475 Jun 17, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you are prepared to lay down your life for $241,080 CASH? That is your number you assign to the value of life.
I will tell you what, you come to Kentucky and I will arrange your murder by hanging for a Cashier's Check for $241,080. Do we have a deal?
St. Matthw
16:26
For what oth it profit a man,
if H gain th whol worl , an suffr th
loss of His own soul? Or
what shall a man giv in xhang
for His soul?

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#325476 Jun 18, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
Not one hetero marriage changes in any way when SSM becomes legal. Therefore, the laws don't change for everyone, just those shut out of their legal rights to marry.
When laws change, they change for everyone, like when the speed limit changes doesn't just effect speeders, it changes traffic flow. The same sort of thing happens to society when marriage is no longer husband and wife; sex segregation is motivated by discrimination, prejudice and bigotry.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#325477 Jun 18, 2014
Common Sense wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless you're an Englishman using the term to describe a cigarette, the word is offensive and derogatory... regardless of what a PC apologist like you says.
Moreover his accusations of homosexuality against others as an attack mechanism clearly implies he considers it to be a negative. That in conjunction with his mocking of gay AIDS victims by referencing "Rock Hudson's rear end collisions", leave no doubt the type of person we are dealing with here.
You have no credibility here. None.
For reasons known only to her/himself, the poster otherwise known as
'Common Sense'
appears to believe he/she has credibility here.

And "BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

to him / her.

Next.....

Indianapolis

#325478 Jun 18, 2014
Wrong. speed limit changes only affect drivers, and only the drivers on the roads affected by the change.

How does SSM affect the metaphorical "traffic flow" of hetero marriage? It is no more sex segregation than hetero marriage is sex integration. It's one citizen marrying another.
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>When laws change, they change for everyone, like when the speed limit changes doesn't just effect speeders, it changes traffic flow. The same sort of thing happens to society when marriage is no longer husband and wife; sex segregation is motivated by discrimination, prejudice and bigotry.

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

#325479 Jun 18, 2014
Common Sense wrote:
<quoted text>
Ridiculous. One needn't be black to recognize that the 'N' word is offensive, or a woman to recognize that the 'C' word is offensive, bigot.
Talk about a swing and a miss!!!! You "care" so much that you fail to see your "caring" is unilateral, arbitrary, and capricious. In short, your caring amounts to frivolousness.

In addition, what's ridiculous is you affirming that one can make a blanket statement, such as the one Brian made that my use of the word "fag" is "offensive to homosexuals," when when a homosexual has expressly told him it was not offensive.

What's even more ridiculous, is you suggesting there is objectivity on what's offensive, when the term "offensive," by sheer definition, is subjective.

What's preposterous, is your inference that anyone can make a determination of whether something, or anything, is offensive, when the one making the determination does it with less than personal knowledge, proper authority, or even an objective review of facts and evidence, but makes the determination on their personal prejudices, biases, or beliefs. Brian has repeatedly refused to answer a simple yes or no question; is he a homosexual, or a "fag." His failure to answer, given his expressed chain of thought, is tantamount to an answer of "NO" to the aforestated question.

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#325480 Jun 18, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
The USA can absorb every single one of those babies that were murdered.
Do you have supporting documentation, statistics, or even court sentences of the perpetrators of such "murders?" If not, stom ta jora! That's Hebrew for shut the f*ck up.
SevenTee wrote:
I do not measure life with dollars but apparently you do.
Bullshit. You're one of the first who is always complaining about how much profit Planned Parenthood makes from abortions, and how much tax dollars goes towards abortion. And you use that as the "Swiss cheese" basis for your argument against abortion. I say "Swiss cheese" because the Hyde Amendment expressly forbids the use of federal tax dollars for funding of abortion procedures that are not in the event of rape, incest, or to save the mother's life, and because only 3% of Planned Parenthood's practice, is elective abortion.
SevenTee wrote:
Would you take $50,000 for your baby? http://www.prolife.com
My daughter has a cabbage patch "baby" laying around she doesn't want. I'll ask he if she wants to sell it for $50,000.00. If she says no; are you open to a reasonable counter-offer????
STO

Vallejo, CA

#325481 Jun 18, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>When laws change, they change for everyone, like when the speed limit changes doesn't just effect speeders, it changes traffic flow. The same sort of thing happens to society when marriage is no longer husband and wife; sex segregation is motivated by discrimination, prejudice and bigotry.
Bottom line is property and guardianship. If two people have tied their lives together, no one outside of their personal agreements should be able to step in and take control of their end of life decisions and steal half of what those two people accumulated over their lives.

I don't know anyone who believes the family of these life partners should get to come in and stomp all over the gay couples agreements. A right to marriage puts all that to rest. Just like any other marriage.

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#325482 Jun 18, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMJAO!!!!!!

$241,080.00 is the number I assign to the value of life? I suppose you missed the link from which I got that monetary figure. Here it is...http://money.cnn.com/2013 /08/14/pf/cost-children/
SevenTee wrote:
Only if you'll meet me at the airport personally, drive me to your barn, put the noose around my neck yourself and give the order to pop open the trap door. Of course, this is all contingent upon you sending 100M in advance, via wire transfer to my wife's bank account and agreeing that my friend Paul Cappucio can send a film crew to accompany me to record the event.

If you're lucky, you may just get your very own trutv show.

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#325483 Jun 18, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>When laws change, they change for everyone, like when the speed limit changes doesn't just effect speeders, it changes traffic flow.
More straw-man argument! Traffic flow is not contingent on speed limits dumbass. Among others, it's contingent on:

1- volume of cars on a given road at a given time

2- make-up of the vehicles on that road (traffic flow on a road full of 18 wheelers will be slower, despite speed limits)

3- weather

In short, law can change to allow a speed limit of 120 mph, but it will only affect the owners of cars that can go that fast. By using the same comparison, it's axiomatic that marriage between a man
and a woman will not be affected by legalizing SSM. In fact, not even the full faith & credit protection of SSM will affect marriage between a man and a woman.
Brian_G wrote:
The same sort of thing happens to society when marriage is no longer husband and wife; sex segregation is motivated by discrimination, prejudice and bigotry.
Baloney. Legalizing SSM will not devoid marriage between a man and a woman. Thus, no discrimination, prejudice, or bigotry exists, but in your mind.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#325484 Jun 18, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
The value of life in dollars. How much would you be willing to bribe a woman not to follow through with an abortion?

Years ago, I asked another poster who happened to be Catholic and based her AC position on her religion if the Catholic church should offer every woman who wanted an abortion one million dollars not to. She said, "NO! Then everyone would be having babies!"

lol -- wouldn't want that!

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#325485 Jun 18, 2014
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
The value of life in dollars. How much would you be willing to bribe a woman not to follow through with an abortion?
Years ago, I asked another poster who happened to be Catholic and based her AC position on her religion if the Catholic church should offer every woman who wanted an abortion one million dollars not to. She said, "NO! Then everyone would be having babies!"
I remember that.

Good seeing you again STO.
Barry

Mountain Home, AR

#325486 Jun 18, 2014
The ruling in Roe vs. Wade&#8203; was set on a pretty shaky foundation, the false assumption that science and medicine "don't know" when human life begins so that makes it OK to do the opposite of erring on the side of caution and just say "Ah fuck it, go ahead and kill off the fetus or embryo since we don't know if it meets our definition of being alive or not." I cannot think of another instance in jurisprudence or everyday life in which it's anywhere near responsible to answer the question "Can I kill it?" before you first answer the question "What is it?" In any case there has long been a scientific and medical consensus that life begins at conception as any embryology textbook will tell you and that the embryo and then fetus are in no way a mere "part" of the woman's body like her hair or arms (thus "bodily autonomy" is irrelevant since we're talking about a second human being), thus Roe vs. Wade is based on about as solid a foundation as the Dred Scott case, in other words it rests on a pile of crap.
&#8203;
&#8203;What is murder? Deliberate homicide without an exculpatory factor such as self defense or the defense of the lives of those around us. In other words it's morally acceptable to shoot someone who is pointing a gun at you but it's not OK to go and shoot an unarmed person walking down the street. Accidentally killing someone isn't murder since it is accidental, thus it is manslaughter. What is abortion? Unless the woman's very life is at stake (e.g. an ectopic pregnancy) it is deliberate homicide without an exculpatory factor such as self defense or the defense of the lives of those around us. Legally speaking abortion is legal, albeit something that was made legal by judicial fiat based on a misreading of science and medicine. Morally speaking abortion is murder.
Barry

Mountain Home, AR

#325487 Jun 18, 2014
Unsure why it added &#8203 at random through my post.

Indianapolis

#325488 Jun 18, 2014
Science doesn't know when "human life" begins because that's a philosophical question. At what point does the fetus become a human being?

Where is the legal basis for forcing a woman to remain pregnant against her will? The uterus is HERS; she decides if it will be used for gestation or not.

Abortion is not murder; even when it was illegal it wasn't considered murder.
Barry wrote:
The ruling in Roe vs. Wade&#8203; was set on a pretty shaky foundation, the false assumption that science and medicine "don't know" when human life begins so that makes it OK to do the opposite of erring on the side of caution and just say "Ah fuck it, go ahead and kill off the fetus or embryo since we don't know if it meets our definition of being alive or not." I cannot think of another instance in jurisprudence or everyday life in which it's anywhere near responsible to answer the question "Can I kill it?" before you first answer the question "What is it?" In any case there has long been a scientific and medical consensus that life begins at conception as any embryology textbook will tell you and that the embryo and then fetus are in no way a mere "part" of the woman's body like her hair or arms (thus "bodily autonomy" is irrelevant since we're talking about a second human being), thus Roe vs. Wade is based on about as solid a foundation as the Dred Scott case, in other words it rests on a pile of crap.
&#8203;
&#8203;What is murder? Deliberate homicide without an exculpatory factor such as self defense or the defense of the lives of those around us. In other words it's morally acceptable to shoot someone who is pointing a gun at you but it's not OK to go and shoot an unarmed person walking down the street. Accidentally killing someone isn't murder since it is accidental, thus it is manslaughter. What is abortion? Unless the woman's very life is at stake (e.g. an ectopic pregnancy) it is deliberate homicide without an exculpatory factor such as self defense or the defense of the lives of those around us. Legally speaking abortion is legal, albeit something that was made legal by judicial fiat based on a misreading of science and medicine. Morally speaking abortion is murder.
SevenTee

Lexington, KY

#325489 Jun 18, 2014
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
Your hatred of women is disgusting.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nassau/Suffolk High School Football (Nov '11) 40 min Driver7789 11,164
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr grave digger 47,593
Knicks talk back (Dec '06) 1 hr Black Mamba 6,458
OBAMA is the BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Nov '10) 1 hr Liberal 15,764
are you happy that obama is prez and do you tru... 2 hr the real deal 7
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 2 hr momma chamberlan 309,529
Plant A Pig For Allah (Nov '10) 3 hr AubeO 13

New York News Video

New York Dating
Find my Match

New York People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

New York News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in New York