Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 20 comments on the Jan 22, 2008, Newsday story titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#319589 Dec 29, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep!
That war on christmas BS was a creation of right wing TV and radio. They do their best to pit people against people, they are nothing more than shit stirrers.
Employers implemented the term holidays, holiday party etc going back to the 70's. The clowns on conservative radio & TV act like it is a new development.
They even have a song called Happy Holidays. Been around since the 1940s.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#319590 Dec 29, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
"You're right cp, and if you want to know what I think it made me? A SSS.
SELFISH-SELF-CENTERED-YOU Can plug the last one ;)"
Yes, and so does being here acting like now you're in a postion to "throw stones", as it were.
"Yet why does it matter if you and your partner is in a commited relationship?
Who sets your moral standards?"
We each do. And when two people make a promise to love and commit to each other, they should keep it. Not because of your version of Deity, but so as not to hurt someone you love.
"What makes them superior?"
Did he say anything about "superior"? Or are you putting words in his mouth because you've got this script running in your head, regardless of what people are actually saying to you?
"I am most likely the most out of th box Christian you shall ever encounter."
No, you're completely typical.
Huh, now how did that happen? That last sentence there had more to it. I guess I accidentally deleted part of it.

It should read "No, you're completely typical for an in-the-box, self-righteous fundie."
No Relativism

Huntington, IN

#319591 Dec 29, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
No I am not. Why do you have to lie to make a point? Or is your reading comprehension really so bad?
I acknowledge all the reality I deal with. I do not believe abortion is murder. It is legal killing. You focus on the killing of a developing embryo/fetus, I focus on the woman and her circumstances. You personify and equate the developing embryo/fetus to a breathing, squalling newborn. I don't. I see the embryo/fetus for what it is, unfinished development with no guarantee to a healthy live birth. That's nature's way. Human's have been manipulating nature for as long as they could. Why should pregnancy be any different? Why aren't the manipulations of nature in men's favor ever questioned or denied? Hmmm?
Katie Van der Sloot: "You personify and equate the developing embryo/fetus to a breathing, squalling newborn. I don't."

Which is why you named your preborn son Aaron.
No Relativism

Huntington, IN

#319592 Dec 29, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Your mom's Rosary is precious to you.
No Relativism

Huntington, IN

#319593 Dec 29, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW....I will type even more slowwwwwwwwwwwwly for you.
If life is precious concerning the fetus as you say, then explain the difference in a fetus conceived by consensual sex and rape. Take your time.
I understand RvW perfectly, please post a site where it draws a difference between rape and consensual sex and the privacy of. Hurry up, I want to read this.
Actor Martin Sheen's wife was conceived in rape. Wonder what Badaxe has against her?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#319594 Dec 29, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Your mom's Rosary is precious to you.
Not only does this have NOTHING to do with my post, it's not even true.

So, once again, you've managed to only post lies and irrelevancies, No Relevance.

And still, no one is surprised, as those things are all you have. Well, those and immature attempts to be insulting.
No Relativism

Huntington, IN

#319595 Dec 29, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
The calendar you use is based on Jesus' birth.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#319596 Dec 29, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
The calendar you use is based on Jesus' birth.
And even MORE irrelevancy from No Relevance. Is anyone surprised? Anyone? No?
No Relativism

Huntington, IN

#319597 Dec 29, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
For me, equating induced abortion to spontaneous abortion takes care of all the issues you've laid out above.
If it's a stranger's (a person I will never know of or meet in my life time) pregnancy, the death of their wanted/healthy embryo/fetus has as much impact on me personally and society as a whole as the death of the unwanted/unhealthy embryo/fetus does: None.
I actually believe it is nosy parkers like you who are "the selfish, uncaring, damn life and just give me" every woman's civil rights to personal privacy and bodily autonomy because she cannot be the one to determine her own outcome.
Katie V.: "I equate induced abortion to spontaneous abortion"

Wow.

What a moron.

Do you even read your posts?

Natural death is the same as intentional killing?

You're an imbecile.

"My Grandma is weird."
No Relativism

Huntington, IN

#319598 Dec 29, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
So, once again, you've managed to only post lies and irrelevancies, No Relevance.
And still, no one is surprised, as those things are all you have. Well, those and immature attempts to be insulting.
You clearly posted that YOU removed your mother's Rosary from her cold, stiff fingers while she lied in her casket. You also said that you replaced her Rosary with YOUR ROSARY.
No Relativism

Huntington, IN

#319599 Dec 29, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't it true that the calendar you use is based on Jesus' birth?

It's not based on Wicca, that's for sure.

^^^ Wiccan priestess with a Rosary ^^^

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#319600 Dec 29, 2013
Bless the Child wrote:
<quoted text>
"We are all born with clean slates. You and your kind wish to inflict guilt, shame, hatred, and bigotry on the young, at as young an age as possible."
Of course not dear. Bess the Child is what God demands. The love of the children is paramount in his kingdom. You have obviously had very bad experiences that have made you so angry and filled with rage. I have found that many atheists have that same anger and need to lash out at God and His followers. I forgive you and pray for you. You are and always will be a child of God, as am I. We are all the same in the eyes of Our Lord.
Let me leave you with this message of hope.
"Where you are today is no accident. God is using the situation you are in right now to shape you and prepare you for the place He wants to bring you into tomorrow. Trust Him with His plan, even if you don't understand it."
God Bless you
The Divine does not 'demand' anything - it simply IS.
It certainly doesn't need a cheerleading squad, or your hypocritical posturing.

My parents created me.
I was a child, for 18 years..... now I'm an adult, with children of my own.

My unwillingness to subject myself to 'worship' of your deity, doesn't translate into 'rage' or even 'anger'...just a firm stance against mumbo-jumbo......and I'm a deist, not an atheist.

Mumble at the sky on my behalf, to your heart's content - just don't expect me to buy into your nonsense.
No Relativism

Huntington, IN

#319601 Dec 29, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You told us about prying your mom's Rosary from her hands and replacing it with your Rosary.

Are you saying your posted an irrelevant story about your mother?

Why would you do that?

Why blame me for YOUR supposed "irrelevant" story?
No Relativism

Huntington, IN

#319602 Dec 29, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you list ONE Wiccan hospital?

I could provide a long list of Catholic Hospitals.

Catholic Charities serves more sick and under-served in the world than any other charity organization.

Why don't we hear about "Wiccan Charities"?

Gee, maybe there isn't one.

Go hug a tree and howl at the moon, dear.

Be careful with your "good luck" sword.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#319603 Dec 29, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
"You clearly posted that YOU removed your mother's Rosary from her cold, stiff fingers while she lied in her casket."

No, I did not.

"You also said that you replaced her Rosary with YOUR ROSARY."

Yes, I did.

My statement stands, your assertion was untrue. My MOTHER was precious to me, and I did what I knew she wanted me to do. That doesn't make her ROSARY precious to me.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#319604 Dec 29, 2013
_Bad Axe wrote:
<quoted text>Wow, you're a complete idiot, but I do feel sorry for your pathetic ass for not knowing what a true relationship between a man and woman is.
When we were told that OUR fetus tested positive for Downs we were in shock, and about five minutes later some bitch nurse came over to us and offered only information on how to abort, and even pushed saying that we only had a limited time to do so.
I was against abortion, but my concerns were for my wife and son, since I worked long hours it would be mostly up to my wife to have to raise the downs baby, and it would impact upon the attention we could give to my son. We didnít address it for a couple of days, and we took time to think and consider each otherís perspective. When we did sit down to talk about it, I told her the decision was hers and I would support it since she would have to bear most of the consequences, her eyes lit up and said "letís have her we'll love her no matter what." Her only fear was that I would ask her to abort, and my fear was that she might want to abort. We considered each other, as well as OUR potential growing fetus, and a few months later our beautiful, intelligent daughter was born, without Downs.
So, you see, simpleton, it was not about control, it was about being a big enough person to put life's reality into perspective and dealing with all considerations. Again, I feel sorry for you that you canít understand the reward of dealing with life's complexities, but you just keep beating your drum "dedbebbies" I'm sure a carnival is hiring somewhere...
Gee, you sound angry....and full of rage. I'm pretty sure I nailed it - otherwise you wouldn't protest this much.

Next....
No Relativism

Huntington, IN

#319605 Dec 29, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would I mention something that doesn't exist. The conversation, by the way, had nothing to do with the embryo/fetus, either. It was a woman's v a man's part in the pregnancy care, labor and delivery.
DO try to focus.
You yourself said that "a human" (noun) exists in the womb.
No Relativism

Huntington, IN

#319606 Dec 29, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
"You clearly posted that YOU removed your mother's Rosary from her cold, stiff fingers while she lied in her casket."
No, I did not.
"You also said that you replaced her Rosary with YOUR ROSARY."
Yes, I did.
My statement stands, your assertion was untrue. My MOTHER was precious to me, and I did what I knew she wanted me to do. That doesn't make her ROSARY precious to me.
You replaced your mother's Rosary with YOUR Rosary.

That means you admit you had your own Rosary.

Wiccan's have Rosaries?

Now you have your mom's Rosary.

And, you follow a calendar based on Jesus' birth.

Poor Brother Cricket and Sister Owl. They feel neglected......

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#319607 Dec 29, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
"Isn't it true that the calendar you use is based on Jesus' birth?"

I didn't say it was a lie. I said it's irrelevant. And it is.

"It's not based on Wicca, that's for sure."

I do, in fact, use a calendar based on Wicca for many things. I also used a Gregorian calendar.

So? it's still irrelevant to anything being discussed.

"^^^ Wiccan priestess with a Rosary ^^^"

Yes. So?

Did you forget I was raised Catholic? I also have in my possession any number of religious texts, including a bible. They came in very handy when I was homeschooling, and we did comparative religions.

I don't know what point you THINK you're making here, but all you're ACTUALLY doing is spouting irrelevancies. As usual.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#319608 Dec 29, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
You told us about prying your mom's Rosary from her hands and replacing it with your Rosary.
Are you saying your posted an irrelevant story about your mother?
Why would you do that?
Why blame me for YOUR supposed "irrelevant" story?
No, YOUR post was irrelevant.

I'm sorry you're not bright enough to understand what's being said.

That's so sad.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Rev. Al Sharpton demands justice for Eric Garne... (Jul '14) 3 min Ace of Spades 57
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 9 min Princess Hey 11,128
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 42 min jimi-yank 315,484
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr Earthling-1 52,856
Shame on Adam Sandler 8 hr Native American 1
giving cam shows 8 hr JennyTruelove 1
OBAMA is the BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Nov '10) 9 hr Just Saying 18,927
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER 9 hr De Oppresso Liber 3,201
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 11 hr Paul Yanks 35,575
More from around the web

New York People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]