Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311343 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#319617 Dec 29, 2013
Your premise works on the assumption that all men are 'good men'. We both know that's not the case, and that deadbeat dads (and moms) are actually quite common.
When you figure out a way to physically bind a man to his unborn progeny for nine months, allocating to his body all the risks of gestation, let me know.
I live in a house, in a very quiet neighborhood - if you think living in a trailer park is somehow shameful, don't buy a trailer.
I'm quite aware that you are in no way 'holier' than I ...perhaps you should stop trying to be.
What's a 'crack pipe'?
_Bad Axe wrote:
<quoted text>You're responding to something I said to the poster "dedbebbies", are you that poster? First of all, if so, who the hell would come onto an abortion forum with such a fk'ed up name? You're not here for debate, or even capable of intelligent conversation, you just want to spew your ignorance. Secondly,... no, clarify that you're not “dedbeebies” before I even waste my time.
It's a public forum, fella. I'll answer any question, or respond to any post, I care to.

You just used up 65 words avoiding a rational response to my assertions, and instead of refuting the assertions, you decided personal slurs might have a chance at shutting me up.

Didn't work.
Still just me, nailing your ass to the wall of your puffery.

What's a 'crack pipe'?
Next...
Ink

Havertown, PA

#319618 Dec 29, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>That's utter crap. What on earth makes you think >>I<< would want a baby to die?
And what on earth makes you so sure she didn't? Her husband says they discussed it thoroughly, and neither of them would opt to be artificially kept alive. That's pretty straightforward. As for the fetus, it's brain development has likely been compromised, and perhaps severely - the father is understandably reticent to take on the responsibility for the child for the rest of his/her life, since it may not be able to develop mentally, but could live for years, dependent on him for a lifetime. Maybe neither he, nor his wife, would willingly sign up for that.
I just don't happen to believe that makes either of them 'bad people'. I suspect you do.
Whatevs - it's really not something we have a say in, and little relevance to.
Bad people no, weak people, maybe. As it stands now the father has no say either. I hope his baby is healthy and he learns to love it.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#319619 Dec 29, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you make this garbage up as you go along? You are a typical liar for your faith; one who if full of feces for jesus.
Let us know when you can find us a biblical scholar who has evidence that your fabled jesus was bord on Dec. 25. Please hold your breath until you can do so.
She just said there wasn't any. Can't you read or are you so sure of what someone else will say, that you don't have to?
Ink

Havertown, PA

#319620 Dec 29, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>

The Divine does not 'demand' anything - it simply IS..
Well that takes no thought or energy. Glad you have simplified your life and laxed your standards to meet your moral code. The bar is about as low as it can go. In fact it is on the floor.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#319621 Dec 29, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Bad people no, weak people, maybe. As it stands now the father has no say either. I hope his baby is healthy and he learns to love it.
Since you're taking it upon yourself to assess him as 'weak', perhaps you should be packing for your trip.....obviously, you also plan to take the raising of this child upon yourself, alleviating the burden on this weak fellow child of God....

Right?

Of course not - that kid is HIS problem...why should you make it yours, just because you agree that he should have no say in the disposition of his wife's mortal remains, and are gratified to see that his wife's corpse is being literally forced to gestate a potentially compromised fetus?

You are one sick bitch.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#319622 Dec 29, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Umm...duh...cuz I wanted to have kids. Because, I just didn't want to get an abortion. Newsflash Hon...not everyone who is PC automatically thinks about abortion when they get pregnant. Just because it's an option doesn't mean everyone thinks about it.
You and Sassy are really REALLY dense.
Oh I know that it doesn't automatically enter their mind to get an abortion when pregnant. It wouldn't enter my mind either. It is a line I wouldn't cross no matter what. Maybe you have never been in a position where you were pregnant with a child you didn't want. Is there no circumstance that you would have an abortion or is it innately out of the question?

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#319623 Dec 29, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that takes no thought or energy. Glad you have simplified your life and laxed your standards to meet your moral code. The bar is about as low as it can go. In fact it is on the floor.
Hardly. It takes more thought to think for yourself than it does to follow a bunch of rules made up by men pretending to speak for the Divine.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#319624 Dec 29, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Au contraire, my narrow-minded friend....it leads one away from what YOU believe, that's all.
You've just proven, once again, that you're completely ego-centric, and without the desire to expand your horizons one millimeter beyond your comfort zone.
But of course, you've shown this attitude consistently.
I don't need a belief that asks nothing of me so that I don't have to strive to be a better person. I am not looking for the easy way to get through life. I am willing to accept anything God throws at me or asks of me. Can you accept any of these beliefs or are you narrow minded and ego centric? It works both ways.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#319625 Dec 29, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Hardly. It takes more thought to think for yourself than it does to follow a bunch of rules made up by men pretending to speak for the Divine.
I follow Jesus' rules and He does speak for the Divine.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#319626 Dec 29, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Since you're taking it upon yourself to assess him as 'weak', perhaps you should be packing for your trip.....obviously, you also plan to take the raising of this child upon yourself, alleviating the burden on this weak fellow child of God....
Right?
Of course not - that kid is HIS problem...why should you make it yours, just because you agree that he should have no say in the disposition of his wife's mortal remains, and are gratified to see that his wife's corpse is being literally forced to gestate a potentially compromised fetus?
You are one sick bitch.
Well he isn't displaying a strong demeanor. If he was strong he would face the reality of his situation and accept the outcome. His wife will die soon enough and he needs to make plans for the new life that she left. That is what all God loving people would do.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#319627 Dec 29, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Who are you to say that it takes no thought or energy to honor the Divine?

How arrogant can you possibly be?

"Lax standards"? My standards pertain to my own behavior, and they're quite high. I expect a great deal from myself, having been gifted with strong intellect, willing and able limbs, and inherent cultural advantage...I don't need a 'god' to remind me how fortunate I am, or how I can contribute to the wheel of life. Why do you?

You seem to have a problem with the fact that my personal standards don't pertain to your behavior (and vice versa), or incline me to worship a "god". Why is that?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#319628 Dec 29, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you follow church rules, made by men pretending to speak for Jesus.

By the way, are you saying that Jesus is not your God?
Ink

Havertown, PA

#319629 Dec 29, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Who are you to say that it takes no thought or energy to honor the Divine?
How arrogant can you possibly be?
"Lax standards"? My standards pertain to my own behavior, and they're quite high. I expect a great deal from myself, having been gifted with strong intellect, willing and able limbs, and inherent cultural advantage...I don't need a 'god' to remind me how fortunate I am, or how I can contribute to the wheel of life. Why do you?
You seem to have a problem with the fact that my personal standards don't pertain to your behavior (and vice versa), or incline me to worship a "god". Why is that?
The poster said that the Divine didn't ask anything, just was. How hard can it be to live up to nothing being asked?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#319630 Dec 29, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't need a belief that asks nothing of me so that I don't have to strive to be a better person. I am not looking for the easy way to get through life. I am willing to accept anything God throws at me or asks of me. Can you accept any of these beliefs or are you narrow minded and ego centric? It works both ways.
Apparently your god asks that you assess those folks who don't believe in YOUR god, as holding beliefs that ask nothing of them. What a bummer.

The fact is, that Christians inevitably rely on an external source for their morality. Christians are perfectly willing to claim 'God' told them to do this, or not do that, rather than take personal responsibility for their own actions, or the lack thereof. Why is that?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#319631 Dec 29, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
The poster said that the Divine didn't ask anything, just was. How hard can it be to live up to nothing being asked?
They didn't say "asked". They said "demand". It's not their fault you cannot tell the difference.

And, even if they HAD said asked, HOW does that translate into the poster having no standards?

Are YOU incapable of expecting things from yourself without a God demanding them, or even asking for them?

If you really need those rules to tell you not to do/not do something, then YOU are the one who has no personal standards.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#319632 Dec 29, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, that answers my question. You ARE incapable of thinking for yourself.

Breathe in......and now breathe out, Witless.

By the way, Idiot, you don't have to accept anyone else's beliefs. And no one has to accept yours. That is the whole point.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#319633 Dec 29, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
They are both stupid beyond belief.
LMAO!! You are so right.
feces for jesus

Thiells, NY

#319634 Dec 29, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
She just said there wasn't any. Can't you read or are you so sure of what someone else will say, that you don't have to?
Perhaps it is you who can not read, kitty killer.

" The 25th is the commonly accepted date to celebrate His birth"

Perhaps it is similar to your selective memory, except in this instance you only see what you want to see.
feces for jesus

Thiells, NY

#319635 Dec 29, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You are free to believe as you will, but without any evidence to back up such claims, you're just another fundie talking out of your behind.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#319636 Dec 29, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Your mom's Rosary is precious to you.
When I was growing up my mother gave me a Rosary. I still have it because it was gift from my mom. And it's pretty.

So what?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 57 min Earthling-1 60,113
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 3 hr Forrest 14,655
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 3 hr Forrest 15,450
Time to go? (Jun '15) 4 hr Into The Night 11,952
News Horseback Rider Brings Traffic to Near Halt on ... 4 hr Holy Guacamole 2
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 5 hr Buddy from Whites... 40,225
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 5 hr jimi-yank 329,737
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Dec '14) 8 hr Bloody Bill Anderson 10,980
More from around the web

Personal Finance

New York Mortgages