Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 307,737
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story
Ink

Levittown, PA

#318801 Dec 19, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Only if you ASSume it does.
From now on I'll assume it means 'you' when they say fake pro lifer.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#318802 Dec 19, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I was making a statement based on her logic.
What's the difference between a successful abortion which produced a living child and an induced delivery that produced a living child? Tough question, I know but give it a try.
LOL, that's not tough.

There would only be a difference if two different procedures were performed, or in the timing. Otherwise, none. The pregnancy is over in both cases, and that's what both the abortion and the induction were for.

It's YOUR side who has a hard time answering questions, as YOU have shown many times in just the last few days.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#318803 Dec 19, 2013
Just pointing out that adherents aren't in lockstep in any religion...so why are you trying to use another wiccan's words against bitner?

Christians tend to be hostile towards othe christian sects than anyone else.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, they don't. Now that would be a good thing with Wiccans as it shows independence but a bad thing with Christians because it shows dysfunction and something to criticize. Double standard?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#318804 Dec 19, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
From now on I'll assume it means 'you' when they say fake pro lifer.
Ah, so I was right....you DO like looking like an ass. Got it.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#318805 Dec 19, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, that's not tough.
There would only be a difference if two different procedures were performed, or in the timing. Otherwise, none. The pregnancy is over in both cases, and that's what both the abortion and the induction were for.
That is what I said in each case you have a newborn either throught the delivery or the successful abortion. It took a while but you finally understand.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#318806 Dec 19, 2013
through
Ink

Levittown, PA

#318807 Dec 19, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Just pointing out that adherents aren't in lockstep in any religion...so why are you trying to use another wiccan's words against bitner?
Christians tend to be hostile towards othe christian sects than anyone else.
<quoted text>
I didn't. I only asked her thoughts. I am not aware of hostility from other Christians only from other faiths or non faiths.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#318808 Dec 19, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
That is what I said in each case you have a newborn either throught the delivery or the successful abortion. It took a while but you finally understand.
Since that was never what the conversation was, you had no point.
YTube

Marietta, GA

#318809 Dec 19, 2013

The Day the Lord showed me ANTICHRIST -----

http://youtu.be/jnTwx5LprHI

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#318810 Dec 19, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't. I only asked her thoughts. I am not aware of hostility from other Christians only from other faiths or non faiths.
Which only proves that, if your statement is true, you have your head up your ass.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#318811 Dec 19, 2013
Okay, cat people, watch this. Pee first :)

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#318812 Dec 19, 2013
Ask a southern baptist about catholicism.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Grown71

Tampa, FL

#318815 Dec 20, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Ask a southern baptist about catholicism.
<quoted text>
Here's the deal Pete , there are Christians within both sects you mentioned.
Many lost people in both as well.
A person is either a Christian or not, no matter where they publicly attend worship services.
What's your thoughts on the A@E / Phil R. Topic?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#318816 Dec 20, 2013
Grown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's the deal Pete , there are Christians within both sects you mentioned.
Many lost people in both as well.
A person is either a Christian or not, no matter where they publicly attend worship services.
What's your thoughts on the A@E / Phil R. Topic?
My take is that free speech doesn't protect you from the discipline of employers if you say something that might affect their business, even if you say it "off the clock".

Can you say Facebook post? Sure you can.
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#318817 Dec 20, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I would refer you to post #318774, BM.
Hey kitty killer. I checked that post and it had nothing to do with you researching anything or checking your sources.

Stay ignorant, killer!
No Relativism

Huntington, IN

#318818 Dec 20, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, that's not tough.
It's YOUR side who has a hard time answering questions, as YOU have shown many times in just the last few days.
Ink: "What's the difference between a successful abortion which produced a living child and an induced delivery that produced a living child?

bHitler: "There would only be a difference if two different procedures were performed, or in the timing. Otherwise, none. The pregnancy is over in both cases, and that's what both the abortion and the induction were for.
_____

My cousin recently underwent induced labor and delivered a beautiful baby girl.

I'll be sure to let her know that you congratulate her on her successful abortion.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#318819 Dec 20, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Ink: "What's the difference between a successful abortion which produced a living child and an induced delivery that produced a living child?
bHitler: "There would only be a difference if two different procedures were performed, or in the timing. Otherwise, none. The pregnancy is over in both cases, and that's what both the abortion and the induction were for.
_____
My cousin recently underwent induced labor and delivered a beautiful baby girl.
I'll be sure to let her know that you congratulate her on her successful abortion.
So, you lie to your family as well. Got it.

“Something's heavy on my heart”

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#318820 Dec 20, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833...
<quoted text>
Ha Ha! "...the significance of the fetus was relative to the abortion issue..." According to NR (NO RELATIVISM) and others, there is nothing relative to anything by anything ever!
But you wanna know what I think of the fetus compared to ending the pregnancy (fetus relative to abortion)? My answer makes no sense? Well here, let me spell it out for you.
Thank you. I hope you do because your last response clarified nothing.
1) My contention that an embryo/fetus does not equal a newborn?
"In Roe v. Wade the Court said that a fetus is not a person but "potential life", and thus does not have constitutional rights of its own."
http://www.secondlookproject.org/tslp_uslaw.h...
OK the fetus is not a person and it doesn't have any constitutional rights. I get it. But in your opinion does it have any significance at all relative to the abortion issue ?
You still haven't answered.
2) Or that until a healthy delivery, embryo/fetus has no guarantee to become a newborn?
"Stillbirth is defined as fetal death occurring during pregnancy at 20 weeks of gestation or later, in contrast to miscarriage, in which fetal death occurs before 20 weeks. In the United States, the annual incidence of stillbirth is 25,000, accounting for 60% of all perinatal mortality. The rate of early stillbirth (20 - 27 weeks) has stabilized since 1990 at approximately 3.2 per 1000 births, whereas the rate of late stillbirth (&#8805; 28 weeks) has decreased from 4.3 to 3.1 per 1000 births."
http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/588889
I get it. A fetus has no guarantee of becoming a newborn. What does this have to with the fact that while it is still alive and developing does it have any significance at all, in any stage of it's development, relative to the abortion issue ?
3) If it's not my embryo/fetus, it's not my business.
"2."The Constitution does not explicitly mention any right of privacy," but the Court has found "at least the roots of that right" in the First, Fourth, Fifth, Ninth, and Fourteenth
Amendments, and in the penumbras of the Bill of Rights."
http://www.secondlookproject.org/tslp_uslaw.h...
I get it. The right to abortion is based on the right to privacy. This still doesn't answer the question.....in your opinion and in your own words ( not all this annoying and irrelevant cutting and pasting ), does the fetus, at any time during it's development have any significance at all relative to the abortion issue ?
RvW clearly establishes that the fetus does have some significance and is a consideration post-viability and the states can if they so choose, in the interest of protecting the fetus (potential life), restrict and forbid abortion unless there is a verified life or health risk to the mother.
So is your position similar to that of RvW ? Do you think the fetus has some significance and is a consideration post-viability ? Or do you believe that the fetus has MORE significance than RvW indicates ? Or LESS ? Or do you believe it has NO significance at all...EVER ?

You got my hopes up when you said you were going to spell it out for me. I should have known better.
This answer clarifies even less then the previous one.
Abortion is medically defined as pregnancy ending prior to term whether induced or spontaneous. The embryo/fetus's life in comparison to the woman/girl pregnant with it is completely lacking beyond development. The pregnant woman/girl is already born and breathing with civil rights established.*She* determines the outcome of her pregnancy; not the gov't, not the clergy, and not nosy parkers.
What's a nosy parker ? Is that a heavy overcoat you've disgustingly blown snot into ?

“Something's heavy on my heart”

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#318821 Dec 20, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Actually, fucwit, state interest can be based on whatever the state deems it to be as long as it doesn't interfere with the woman's life or health. It's a nod to the 10th amendment. You're reading something into it that doesn't exist.
<quoted text>
You have no idea what you're talking about. RvW clearly states that the State's authority to restrict or prohibit abortion post-viability is based on it's interest in protecting the fetus(potential life):

"With respect to the STATE'S IMPORTANT AND LEGITIMATE INTEREST IN POTENTIAL LIFE, the "compelling" point is at viability. This is so because the fetus then presumably has the capability of meaningful life outside the mother's womb. State regulation PROTECTIVE OF FETAL LIFE after viability thus has both logical and biological justifications. IF THE STATE IS INTERESTED IN PROTECTING FETAL LIFE after viability, it may go so far as to proscribe abortion [410 U.S. 113, 164] during that period, except when it is necessary to preserve the life or health of the mother."

If you think there is one state that has a law restricting or prohibiting abortion post-viability in the absence of a maternal health or life risk, that bases that restriction on something OTHER than consideration of the fetus and it's interest in protecting fetal life, then produce it !!!
katie

Federal Way, WA

#318822 Dec 20, 2013
Norm Chaney wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you. I hope you do because your last response clarified nothing.
<quoted text>
OK the fetus is not a person and it doesn't have any constitutional rights. I get it. But in your opinion does it have any significance at all relative to the abortion issue ?
<quoted text>
I get it. A fetus has no guarantee of becoming a newborn. What does this have to with the fact that while it is still alive and developing does it have any significance at all, in any stage of it's development, relative to the abortion issue ?
<quoted text>
I get it. The right to abortion is based on the right to privacy. This still doesn't answer the question.....in your opinion and in your own words ( not all this annoying and irrelevant cutting and pasting ), does the fetus, at any time during it's development have any significance at all relative to the abortion issue ?
RvW clearly establishes that the fetus does have some significance and is a consideration post-viability and the states can if they so choose, in the interest of protecting the fetus (potential life), restrict and forbid abortion unless there is a verified life or health risk to the mother.
So is your position similar to that of RvW ? Do you think the fetus has some significance and is a consideration post-viability ? Or do you believe that the fetus has MORE significance than RvW indicates ? Or LESS ? Or do you believe it has NO significance at all...EVER ?
You got my hopes up when you said you were going to spell it out for me. I should have known better.
This answer clarifies even less then the previous one.
<quoted text>
What's a nosy parker ? Is that a heavy overcoat you've disgustingly blown snot into ?
I should have known you'd play "thick headed". And am so disappointed you do.

A nosy parker is someone like Mrs. Kravitz off of "Bewitched" and fits the PLM and those who follow it to a T.

If it's not my embryo/fetus, it's not my business. Therefore, unless the embryo/fetus in question is in my uterus and growing inside me, what I think about it is nobody's business but mine. You can speculate on that all you like, but if it's not your pregnancy, your embryo/fetus, it's not your business, either.

If you wanna think the unwanted/unhealthy pregnancy is equivalent to a wanted/healthy one, you do that. But to do so, you have to subtract the pregnant woman/girl from the equation. And that's exactly what the PLM and its followers are trying to do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OBAMA is the BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Nov '10) 23 min Bloody Bill Anderson 17,490
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 37 min positronium 50,184
We are Losing the Culture War for our Future 39 min Culture Auditor 1
Why Do Countrie's Need President's 1 hr The Phanton Hell ... 5
Eric Garner Murdered by Cop 1 hr mjjcpa 532
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 2 hr The Phanton Hell ... 9,678
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 3 hr jimi-yank 312,712

Blizzard Watch for New York County was issued at January 25 at 9:53AM EST

New York News Video

New York Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

New York People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE