Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311364 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

katie

Tacoma, WA

#318054 Dec 11, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Katie V.: "Proabortion is an adjective and a proabortionist is the noun. I am proabortion, but not a 'proabort' which is the faulty label being applied by your side."
_________
Proabort is contraction of proabortion/proabortionist.[So urce: Wiktionary http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/pro-abort ]
Does "proabort" make you feel naked because the "abort" part isn't hidden enough when "ionist" is left off?
Proabort: A person with pro-choice views. http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/pro-abort
You are the superlative of proabort => "most pro-abort."
Synonyms for proabort:
antilifer (derogatory)
proabortionist
pro-choicer
pro-deather (derogatory)
Retrieved from " http://en.wiktionary.org/w/index.php... ;
"This page was last modified on 18 June 2013, at 15:12."
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/pro-abort

Thanks for confirming this is a made-up word. Which is exactly what I claimed. Pretty funny, NR, you rock!! LOL

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#318055 Dec 11, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
There isn't any distinction. It's all the same. Only you 'need' to make a distinction.
Not true at all. In fact, it's YOUR side that needs to pretend there isn't one. Because YOUR side realizes that not supporting a person's civil rights looks bad, so you attempt to "demonize" the other side.

You're fooling no one.

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#318056 Dec 11, 2013
shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>It tickles me nine kinds a pink, that you bring this up: since you're the one who argues for the universal 'motherly feeling' ALL women have.
Susan Smith gestated to term, at least twice.
You should applaud this sainted woman, who allowed her children a chance at life!!!!!!!!!!
(Remember....it's not 'quality', it's QUANTITY...she gave birth to TWO boys. They had a chance, and even GOD let her keep them.)
How'd that work out?
You are one sick pup, seestah.
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> Susan Smith wasn't a child hater either. She was a loving mother. She just made a choice that she felt was best for *her*. She,like you proaborts,felt that killing her children was better than giving them away for another to love and raise.
SHE doesn't hate. I wonder why "one-track-brain-cells " didn't believe that-what's up with that?
It tickles me nine kinds a pink, that you bring this up: since you're the one who argues for the universal 'motherly feeling' ALL women have.

Susan Smith gestated to term, at least twice.

You should applaud this sainted woman, who allowed her children a chance at life!!!!!!!!!!

(Remember....it's not 'quality', it's QUANTITY...she gave birth to TWO boys. They had a chance, and even GOD let her keep them.)
How'd that work out?

You are one sick pup, seestah.

I don't think you understood what she meant. Like the Great Leonardo DiCaprio once stated, sarcasm doesn't show up well in print. Re-read it for how it was supposed to come across/mean.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#318057 Dec 11, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
bHitler: "No, I don't 'support abortion as choice.'"
NR: "You certainly support abortion being one of the pregnant mother's choices."
bHitler: "No, I don't. I support the woman's RIGHT to make her OWN choice."
3. Intentionally KILL the little human in her womb.

Not my problem.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#318058 Dec 11, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
If someone supports a country's right to choose a strategy - and one of the choices is terrorism against innocent civilians - then aren't they saying they implicity support terrorism?
Pro-choice applies only to the issue of reproductive choice, not everything under the sun. This argument has already been tried, and refuted.

As I said, your lame attempt at deflection is duly noted.
katie

Tacoma, WA

#318059 Dec 11, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
There isn't any distinction. It's all the same. Only you 'need' to make a distinction.
The distinction is your belief the embryo/fetus trumps woman/girl's civil rights regardless of outcome. If both die because the woman/girl can't carry to term, she's just another martyr for your "cause". If both live in poverty, maybe they'll turn to the church for help. And then you have more members. It's a win/win for you, but to hell with the pregnant woman/girl if she chooses to terminate her pregnancy against your will.

In that sense, it is all the same. To *you*.
No Relativism

United States

#318060 Dec 11, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
To determine her own outcome. You put the embryo/fetus above the woman's health/life. You make believe the embryo/fetus is equivalent to a newborn and treat it as such no matter the detriment to the woman/girl carrying it.
And you're proud of this for some demented reason.
Katie V.: "You deny the woman's a right to choose."

NR: "Right to choose what? To kill her baby."

Katie V.: "The right to determine her own outcome."

Like I said, she's choosing her baby's outcome. Deadly outcome.
_____

Katie V.: "You make believe the embryo/fetus is equivalent to a newborn"

Aaron
No Relativism

United States

#318061 Dec 11, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Pro-choice applies only to the issue of reproductive choice, not everything under the sun. This argument has already been tried, and refuted.
As I said, your lame attempt at deflection is duly noted.
Someone can be prochoice on school vouchers, etc. Abortion industry doesn't own "prochoice."

Do you support a country's right to choose a course of action that includes "Terrorism" as one of its options?
No Relativism

United States

#318062 Dec 11, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
"This page was last modified on 18 June 2013, at 15:12."
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/pro-abort
Thanks for confirming this is a made-up word. Which is exactly what I claimed. Pretty funny, NR, you rock!! LOL
Welcome to the internet. I heard today is your first day navigating. Pro tip: Webpages are modified, typically on a regular basis.

You're pointing at pink flamigos and it's only noon.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#318063 Dec 11, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone can be prochoice on school vouchers, etc. Abortion industry doesn't own "prochoice."
Do you support a country's right to choose a course of action that includes "Terrorism" as one of its options?
Sorry, but you are incorrect. The term pro-choice applies only to reproductive rights. Period.

Since: Dec 13

India

#318064 Dec 11, 2013
Hey i am new in this forum
looking forward to discuss with you guys!!
No Relativism

United States

#318065 Dec 11, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact is that I don't support abortion at all, something you people can't get around except by lying.
Not my problem.
bHitler: "The fact is that I don't support abortion at all."
________

If this is true, then your views would be those of group one below, not group two:

Group One: Support a mother's right to choose from the following choices:

1. Grant the little human in her womb life and keep him/her upon birth.
2. Grant the little human in her womb life, and give him/her up for adoption.

Group Two: Support a mother's right to choose from the following choices:

_________

Out of one side of your mouth you support including the option of pregnant mother intentionally ending the life of her preborn baby.

Out of the other side of your mouth: "The fact is that I don't support abortion at all."

You're a mess.
No Relativism

United States

#318066 Dec 11, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but you are incorrect. The term pro-choice applies only to reproductive rights. Period.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#318067 Dec 11, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
bHitler: "The fact is that I don't support abortion at all."
________
If this is true, then your views would be those of group one below, not group two:
Group One: Support a mother's right to choose from the following choices:
Group Two: Support a mother's right to choose from the following choices:
_________
Out of one side of your mouth you support including the option of pregnant mother intentionally ending the life of her preborn baby.
Out of the other side of your mouth: "The fact is that I don't support abortion at all."
You're a mess.
I support the woman's civil right to make her own medical decisions regarding her own uterus and pregnancy.

That is not support of the choices, but the right of a person to make one's own reproductive choices.

I don't have to be part of a "group". My position is my own, and strong enough to do without "validation" by others.

Unlike you, I can think for myself.

By the way, adoption, at least to me, is not a reproductive choice, it is a parenting choice. As such, it forms no part of my position.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#318068 Dec 11, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you keep trying to change the subject?

We're not talking about countries, but US citizens with civil rights here. And we're not talking about every possible choice under the sun, but reproductive choice FOR those citizens.

The term pro-choice is about reproductive choices, not every choice one could possibly make.

Again, your lame attempt to deflect is duly noted.

“lightly burnt,but still smokin”

Since: Dec 06

in the corner of your mind,

#318070 Dec 11, 2013
"Ink" brayed

Pope Francis, the left wing TIME'S person of the year. Liberals are going to have a stroke.

actually its the conservatives that don't like the new pope...didn't faux news tell you that?

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#318071 Dec 11, 2013
No, and I don't babysit either.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you a shutin?
Ink

Havertown, PA

#318072 Dec 11, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
The distinction is your belief the embryo/fetus trumps woman/girl's civil rights regardless of outcome. If both die because the woman/girl can't carry to term, she's just another martyr for your "cause". If both live in poverty, maybe they'll turn to the church for help. And then you have more members. It's a win/win for you, but to hell with the pregnant woman/girl if she chooses to terminate her pregnancy against your will.
In that sense, it is all the same. To *you*.
Wrong Katie.
Nobody has the trump card. No life is more valuable than another. You have decided that the adult woman's life is more valuable and maybe to her it is but in most cases there is no choice of one life over the other. The 'choice' is whether or not she can tolerate the inconvenience of a child being born. I don't expect any woman to be a martyr and die for the cause nor have I ever suggested such.

BTW if one child causes a woman to live in poverty, chances are she would live there anyway.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#318073 Dec 11, 2013
godless by choice wrote:
"Ink" brayed
Pope Francis, the left wing TIME'S person of the year. Liberals are going to have a stroke.
actually its the conservatives that don't like the new pope...didn't faux news tell you that?
Why not? I think you misread something.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#318074 Dec 11, 2013
You probably should not use a source that doesn't know what a contraction is. What you describe is a diminution or foreshortening. Wiktionary isn't a recognized authority.

The PLM`s mania for raping the language is well-known.
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Katie V.: "Proabortion is an adjective and a proabortionist is the noun. I am proabortion, but not a 'proabort' which is the faulty label being applied by your side."
_________
Proabort is contraction of proabortion/proabortionist.[So urce: Wiktionary http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/pro-abort ]
Does "proabort" make you feel naked because the "abort" part isn't hidden enough when "ionist" is left off?
Proabort: A person with pro-choice views. http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/pro-abort
You are the superlative of proabort => "most pro-abort."
Synonyms for proabort:
antilifer (derogatory)
proabortionist
pro-choicer
pro-deather (derogatory)
Retrieved from " http://en.wiktionary.org/w/index.php... ;

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 15 min Into The Night 60,203
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Dec '14) 2 hr Larry Bird 11,048
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 2 hr Princess Hey 14,713
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 3 hr met fan 40,294
Time to go? (Jun '15) 3 hr Into The Night 12,051
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 3 hr Fed up Yankee fan 329,864
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 4 hr Princess Hey 15,494

New York Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

New York Mortgages