Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 313383 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Earth's #1 Brain.”

Since: Oct 13

Norvelt

#313411 Oct 16, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
A spontaneous abortion is an abortion so you saying "abortion is a willful act" is not entirely true.
"Spontaneous abortion" is a misnomer. Aborting anything requires conscious effort, therefore spontaneous abortion is an oxymoron.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#313412 Oct 16, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
A miscarriage IS an abortion. It's a spontaneous abortion. The result is the same in both that, and an induced abortion. The only difference is that for a spontaneous abortion, the woman's body makes the decision, for an induced abortion, the woman's mind makes the decision.
Right, only the mind can consciously kill a child in the womb.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#313413 Oct 16, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You say it almost word for word. You all have the same creed.
Of course we don't. What nonsense you spout.

Again, I'd never seen that site. I don't feed off any spoon, I don't take the word of any organization or person automatically, but do the research necessary, and am capable of coming to conclusions on my own.
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#313414 Oct 16, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL The 'wow' is astonishment that you could actually believe what you said.
It's an astonishment neither you nor Gtown understood what I said.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#313415 Oct 16, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Only if their parents are trading food stamps for drugs. This is now a welfare state country and no one should be going hungry.
What an arrogant ass you are. You have no clue, really.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#313416 Oct 16, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, only the mind can consciously kill a child in the womb.
I said makes the decision, Witless. Learn to read before you spout, please.
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#313417 Oct 16, 2013
Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
Of which you are a charter member.
How's my favorite supporter of the right to kill ?
Did you find any proof to back up your claim that I said Bitter supported abortion ? You said you were going to link me to my words and that I had done it so often it would be easy to find proof.
That was like two years ago. You've had more than enough time.
<quoted text>
I'm pretty sure Feces/Effigy did. He's been using that "all life is the same" nonsense as far back as I can remember.
<quoted text>
They're both technically considered abortions but they are not the same. They're not the same at all. If they were there would be no need to term them "induced" and "spontaneous". The mere fact that you include two different adjectives to describe them in and of itself points out their difference.
Still clueless katie
\

I knew you and NR are the same.
Thanks for confirming.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#313418 Oct 16, 2013
The Abstruse Polymath wrote:
<quoted text>
"Spontaneous abortion" is a misnomer. Aborting anything requires conscious effort, therefore spontaneous abortion is an oxymoron.
It is not a misnomer. That is exactly what a miscarriage is, a spontaneous abortion.

You are wrong.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#313419 Oct 16, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL The 'wow' is astonishment that you could actually believe what you said.
I'll ask you the question Gtown ignored....what did she say that was incorrect?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#313420 Oct 16, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I respect human life. You worship a woman's right to end that life.
I don't worship anything. You worship fetuses.

Next...
Ink

Havertown, PA

#313421 Oct 16, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course we don't. What nonsense you spout.
Again, I'd never seen that site. I don't feed off any spoon, I don't take the word of any organization or person automatically, but do the research necessary, and am capable of coming to conclusions on my own.
Really, where do you find disagreement with her opinion? Show me that you aren't in lockstep with the pro abort talking points.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#313422 Oct 16, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll ask you the question Gtown ignored....what did she say that was incorrect?
I'm sure it is all correct in her mind. That is what is astonishing.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#313423 Oct 16, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I said makes the decision, Witless. Learn to read before you spout, please.
Okay, "makes the decision" to kill the child. What's different?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#313424 Oct 16, 2013
The Abstruse Polymath wrote:
<quoted text>
And if Ink doubts that there would be miscarriage investigators and prosecutions under her preferred regime, she has only to look to you for confirmation.

Meet the Commander of the Womb Police: "Abstruse Polymath".
Do you have an address to which I can send my used menstrual pads, for your monthly 'miscarriage inspection' pal?
Ink

Havertown, PA

#313425 Oct 16, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>You play a very active role in your non commitment of prevention and you justify it by being on this thread.
I am very committed to prevention.
feces for jesus

Brooklyn, NY

#313426 Oct 16, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It isn't anymore the same than getting pregnant because you wanted to or because you were raped. even though the end result is the same.
You don't seem to have an ability to diferentiate between intention and beyond control.
I point out that a spontaneous abortion is an abortion when we see extreme blanket statements:

"abortion is evil"
"abortion is an intended act"

“CRITICAL THINKING -- try it.”

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#313427 Oct 16, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know where you get your information because you never include a link but I don't think you are accurate.
This chart shows that children in the system who become eligible for adoption are adopted. Most within a year. Most are adopted by family members.
The number available and waiting for adoption is well over 100,000 -- and, of course, many age out of the system w/o anyone stepping up to the plate to help. The link you asked for may be accessed here:
http://www.acf.hhs.gov/sites/default/files/cb...
feces for jesus

Brooklyn, NY

#313428 Oct 16, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I would pick dogma.
In this article they do admit that it doesn't matter if it is a human being only the mother's right to kill it matters.
http://www.prochoiceactionnetwork-canada.org/...
Can you provide me with your fundie playbook as well?
grumpy

Melville, NY

#313429 Oct 16, 2013
Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
Of which you are a charter member.
How's my favorite supporter of the right to kill ?
Did you find any proof to back up your claim that I said Bitter supported abortion ? You said you were going to link me to my words and that I had done it so often it would be easy to find proof.
That was like two years ago. You've had more than enough time.
<quoted text>
I'm pretty sure Feces/Effigy did. He's been using that "all life is the same" nonsense as far back as I can remember.
<quoted text>
They're both technically considered abortions but they are not the same. They're not the same at all. If they were there would be no need to term them "induced" and "spontaneous". The mere fact that you include two different adjectives to describe them in and of itself points out their difference.
Still clueless katie
Same old Degall and same old Rangers. What a parlle!!!
Ink

Havertown, PA

#313430 Oct 16, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
DNA analysis does not say human being. Your spin on it doesn't prove it does. You are dishonest as the day is long. And childishly shallow.
Are you the only one on this thread who doesn't believe that the fetus being carried by a human mother is a human being?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Whine and Cheese: Where are the crackers (Dec '09) 8 min Lil Abners Trumped 1,407
OBAMA is the BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Nov '10) 10 min Donald Swagger - ... 20,336
The United Hates of America (Sep '10) 13 min ADAM FanBoy 2,778
Obama is a proven marxists 20 min Trump a Gob Smack 2
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 27 min Paul Yanks 42,880
The Three R's: Reichwing Republican Rants (Sep '10) 44 min Minister of Infor... 1,845
Run,Run, Run, The Republicans are Coming! (Jan '11) 45 min Minister of Infor... 2,194
President Trump's first 100 days - Roadmap to D... 2 hr Mike Pence Birfer 2,334

New York Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

New York Mortgages