Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 317612 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#309802 Aug 29, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Your cat has you wrapped around his little paw...and he's still not wasting his time trying to figure out why other cats don't agree with him.
He's always going to be smarter than you.
You poor thing.
Love my cats but as soon as the minimum wages goes up I am sending them to Mc Donalds for counter jobs.
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#309803 Aug 29, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Because wheels are round you would assume this?
He took your ridiculous point to the point of ridiculous. LOL

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#309804 Aug 29, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
That's quite the allergy!
I'm allergic to cats, but ive learned to cope with it over the past few years. Still, some days are worse than others.
This is a very severe allergy to most cats. I can leave someone's house if their cat effects me badly, but I can't have one live with me. My son is very allergic, also. Cats are great but breathing is more important.
Pot meet Kettle

United States

#309805 Aug 29, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Because wheels are round you would assume this?
No, I would assume it because she considers all animals to be equal and none to be above any others. Based on that it is NOT an unfair assumption at all.
Can I assume you are a complete moron based on your post ?
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#309806 Aug 29, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>This is a very severe allergy to most cats. I can leave someone's house if their cat effects me badly, but I can't have one live with me. My son is very allergic, also. Cats are great but breathing is more important.
You are putting your welfare over a cat? Oh oh Playa won't like that. How superior and arrogant. LOL

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#309807 Aug 29, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
When my dog wants to go to bed for the night she will keep going to the bottom of the stairs and staring back at me. As soon as I get up she'll bolt up the stairs and jump onto my bed.
I used to have a schnauzer that hated to be left at home when we went out. He would flip the kitchen trash can over and then smear any coffee grounds all over the floor.
When we adopted the schnauzer he had been with the same people for 7 years. At the shelter where he was left he was so depressed he wouldn't do anything, not even take a walk.
The most touching and heartbreaking thing I saw was the day I adopted my current dog and took her home. She had been abandoned on the road as a puppy and then stayed at the shelter for a few months. A lady adopted her and then returned her to the shelter...twice. The local animal control officer was also a shelter volunteer so she decided to foster the dog in her home until I came along and adopted her. As we were leaving the shelter, Minnie our new Chihuahua, stood on her hind legs to look out the back window at the volunteer, and she cried and cried until the lady was out of sight.
Anyone who says animals don't have a range of emotions is just plain wrong.
My dog who I picked out ...And literally snatched from the jaws of death ..long story ..She had heartworm ..I wasn't supposed to get her ..But did ..

Anyhow,..She likes me ok ..But her daddy ...they are stuck like glue!!!!!

Location hidden

#309808 Aug 29, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Love my cats but as soon as the minimum wages goes up I am sending them to Mc Donalds for counter jobs.
I'm surprised that you're a union woman. Awesome!
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#309809 Aug 29, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>I'm surprised that you're a union woman. Awesome!
I'm not but I am not going to send my cats to work for chicken scratch. They have pride, you know.

Location hidden

#309810 Aug 29, 2013
R C Honey wrote:
Where's Foo?
She's been busy with things at home ..And work ..:)

Location hidden

#309811 Aug 29, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>This is a very severe allergy to most cats. I can leave someone's house if their cat effects me badly, but I can't have one live with me. My son is very allergic, also. Cats are great but breathing is more important.
You ever see the Friends episode where Rachel brings,home the hairless
Cat because Monica's,allergic ..

L o l she paid over a thousand for the thing ..it was funny
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#309812 Aug 29, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Does it really?
We've seen sassy and Peggy say that abortion is pure evil hundreds of times. Just because they want to label it as evil doesn't make it so. I think those women who've had spontanteous abortions would vehemently object to being labelled as evil..
Destruction is evil.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#309813 Aug 29, 2013
Pot meet Kettle wrote:
<quoted text>
So I would assume then that you would advocate for revised laws and a revamped judicial system that would protect ALL animals equally against murder, assault, rape, etc. and punish all perpetrators of such crimes equally as they would be if committed against human beings ?
If not, why not ?
Who were you before?

....really....?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#309814 Aug 29, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe you.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#309815 Aug 29, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
He took your ridiculous point to the point of ridiculous. LOL
I'm gonna go out on a limb, and guess you're thinking that was a clever response.

He was saying we should prosecute women who choose abortion, for murder. I agree with your above statement: that is pointedly ridiculous.

Oh clever one.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#309816 Aug 29, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You are putting your welfare over a cat? Oh oh Playa won't like that. How superior and arrogant. LOL
If your cat was allergic to you, he would leave you flat. He wouldn't look for a way to not be allergic to you, and add that routine to his day - cats are smart enough not to trade one problem for another.

Which begs the question of why he is still subjecting himself to your company...but apparently, at least he's not allergic.
:)

Location hidden

#309817 Aug 29, 2013
Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
You ever see the Friends episode where Rachel brings,home the hairless
Cat because Monica's,allergic ..
L o l she paid over a thousand for the thing ..it was funny
That was a funny episode. Did you know that that breed secretes a unique skin protectant oil from its dermis? Lots of it, apparently. Gross! Btw, I'm allergic to them, too. No, thanks. I'll love cats from afar :-)

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#309818 Aug 29, 2013
John-K wrote:
Good evening all!
Well, Mom and Dad were both discharged yesterday afternoon and are both back at home now--Mom didn't have to go to a secondary rehab unit after all--much to her relief!
They're both going to receive P-T three times a week, at home, as well as periodic visits from an R.N. to make sure that they're adhering to their prescribed schedules.
My sincerest thanks to everyone who's wished us well, and I'm tentatively hoping that things around their house will continue to slowly "improve."
Best,
John.
Wonderful news, John. I hope your parents continue to do well.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#309819 Aug 29, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
And to turn away from it and fight it when we see it.
In what way do you "fight" evil?

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#309820 Aug 29, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Humility? How does that play out in this discussion?
I've been reading your comments for the past couple of days, and I just keep shaking my head at how arrogant you really are, Ink. You truly are full of yourself.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#309821 Aug 29, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You cats don't have to work a day in their lives. They get to lay around in comfort all day while you provide food and shelter and clean up their waste for them. And you really think you're smarter than them? LMAO!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 36 min SweLL GirL 17,583
News Hillary Clinton fans mob New York bookstore for... 38 min Retribution 27
jets talk back (Dec '07) 1 hr jimi-yank 14,390
President Trump's first 100 days - Roadmap to D... (Nov '16) 9 hr Dudley 5,238
The United Hates of America (Sep '10) 10 hr Go trump 3,101
Do not take a knee on Sunday NFL 10 hr Go trump 7
Giants talk back (Dec '06) 13 hr Paul Yanks 6,823
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 16 hr Enforcer 340,300

New York Jobs

More from around the web