Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 306,974
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story
Katie

Federal Way, WA

#302500 Jun 28, 2013
sassy JM wrote:
<quoted text> Pay attention please. Catholics CAN get cremated. I am not disagreeing. They just must be buried.
Now please stop with your silly attacking nonsense.
I paid attention a long time ago. And commented on it last night. Perhaps you've come across it already.

You stop with your "silly attacking nonsense" and debate properly. Perhaps there's a chance discussion can become informative and practical.
sassy JM

Jackson, NJ

#302501 Jun 28, 2013
Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey G.
Exactly right. GOD will find our bodies,for Resurrection.
If what they believe is true..what about those incinerated in the towers..
Yes, indeed he will find them. Sadly many lives along with their bodies have met with unfortunate circumstances. They get denied a proper burial and resting place.

Christ said to bury our dead.

Our human bodies are temples.of the Holy Spirit and therefore, deserve a proper burial. We will reunite with those bodies in the end.

That's why victims who are blown up or dumped like garbage deserve proper burials. Even John Doe's deserve proper burial. Two bodies were murdered of small babies on LI. The community gave respectful burials to both. Apparently parents killed them.
sassy JM

Jackson, NJ

#302502 Jun 28, 2013
Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to ask..though it pains me.
In your community ..And church are you the policeman of their family practices..surely your Church had the good sense to NIT give you any official status.
Spending the day while. Taking your run. Peeping in Windows???
Seriously your minding if PERSONAL matters if others is,shameful .
Let's,put it up there with slander accusing someone of molesting children..when you haven't a clue what they do ..
MOST unseemly
PPPFFFTTTT
Rose,not for nothing, but you are always giving your two cents in every comment most prolifers say in response to proaborts comments. Is that not butting in and acting like your the PL police?

Ok..we know you have your opinions. You're entitled to them but you are not minding your own business.

You've never been like that until recently.

Frankly, it is out of line
Gtown71

United States

#302503 Jun 28, 2013
sassy JM wrote:
<quoted text>Oh and your nursing home story puzzles me. Don't know what that was about. Never heard anyone say or think that. My guess is that she was scared and just came up with a silly story to avoid surgery? LOL
Although you said "like many believe". WHO that you know of has said that?
Well like church of christ, many baptist, and other denominations, that preach grace, BUT each group has "their " list of things one must do, in order to "keep saved ".

Its either /or to me.

Many things us christisns can do, to effect out fellowship, but if we are true christians, then our son ship is sealed.

I just know I went from not believing /to believing in my home, which I'm thankful for. Had I met God, in a particular "church " then I would think that "church " was the right one.

Whenever folks say it tskes what Jesus did PLUS what they do to obtain and keep salvation, it makes them a co - savior.

I truly believe there are christians spread out in many different churches.
God bless you.

Oh, and the woman in the NH, was 94, and didn't want anything cut off, but had them keep her toe, to bury it with her :)
sassy JM

Jackson, NJ

#302504 Jun 28, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
I paid attention a long time ago. And commented on it last night. Perhaps you've come across it already.
You stop with your "silly attacking nonsense" and debate properly. Perhaps there's a chance discussion can become informative and practical.
You and foo BOTH commented in similar fashions BECAUSE you both didn't pay attention.

You're too much in attack Catholic mode. Give it a rest and you might actually have your misconceptions clarified. I'm serious :)
Katie

Federal Way, WA

#302505 Jun 28, 2013
sassy JM wrote:
<quoted text> An ectopic pregnacy situation has to be treated as I previously stated...removal of the little life or tube with (most likely)deceased life attached. Not an elective abortion. That for sure is the "life saving " scenerio where a life must be removed and like i said...
1. It is most likely deceased
2. It is a removal not a direct ripping to pieces wthat life in order to kill it. It is a indirect death.
Btw....hi nasty nana. I know why your hiding. If i was you, i would too.
Do you think NN is the only person in all of OK who posts on Topix in this thread?

Do you not remember there was another poster from OK a couple years back that you accused of being NN as well?

Didja ever stop to think you are incorrect in your assumptions?

When Rose first started posting here, I thought she was you. I was mistaken. And gladly so.
sassy JM

Jackson, NJ

#302506 Jun 28, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well like church of christ, many baptist, and other denominations, that preach grace, BUT each group has "their " list of things one must do, in order to "keep saved ".
Its either /or to me.
Many things us christisns can do, to effect out fellowship, but if we are true christians, then our son ship is sealed.
I just know I went from not believing /to believing in my home, which I'm thankful for. Had I met God, in a particular "church " then I would think that "church " was the right one.
Whenever folks say it tskes what Jesus did PLUS what they do to obtain and keep salvation, it makes them a co - savior.
I truly believe there are christians spread out in many different churches.
God bless you.
Oh, and the woman in the NH, was 94, and didn't want anything cut off, but had them keep her toe, to bury it with her :)
Jesus Christ died for our sins. He saved us already. We have free ticket to heaven...not by our own merits but his blood shed.

Let's keep in mind though that we can, by our free will, throw that ticket out. The word of God is quite clear about what sins left unrepentant will deny us entrance and egernity with him.
sassy JM

Jackson, NJ

#302507 Jun 28, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think NN is the only person in all of OK who posts on Topix in this thread?
Do you not remember there was another poster from OK a couple years back that you accused of being NN as well?
When Rose first started posting here, I thought she was you. I was mistaken. And gladly so.
I loved Roses posts back then so, i take it not only as a compliment but as a back up of what i just said(that she changed a bit).

You are under the assumption that the Tulsa poster wasn't NN. Did she call you and deny it or are YOU assuming like you are accusing me of?

Ohhhh Katie lolol.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#302508 Jun 28, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
And HOW would they know who he is, Stupid One?
I know, many wonderful Catholics. They do not go about peeping into others,funeral rites.

Madame thinks someone thinks they are the Religious,Police.

Now,"isn't that special"

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#302509 Jun 28, 2013
sassy JM wrote:
<quoted text>Mhm.
I'll accept this non-response as the tacit admission that you know I'm right, you DON'T have the authority to judge my mother.
sassy JM

Jackson, NJ

#302510 Jun 28, 2013
-Michelle- wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I told her, we know that the non burial of ashes goes against the Church. I explained why the family chose not to bury her. Considering everything my cousin went through, my uncle didn't think twice about going against church doctrine on that. He's a father first, a husband second and a deacon third. He did what he felt was right for his daughter and respected his granddaughters wishes. As I said before, if the Good Lord has an issue with that then He'll deal with all of us accordingly come our judgment day.
And I promise you, if I'm going to lie about something, it's going to be WAY juicier and more outlandish than not burying the ashes of my cousin. Why the funk would anyone lie about that? <rolls eyes>
On another note, how have you been feeling? I hope all is well with you. I'm getting ready for the parade for the Blackhawks tomorrow. We're going and I'm sure it's going to be pure insanity. I can't wait!:o)
At least your honest enough to admit that( re your first sentence)....and that your Uncle disobeyed his church doctrine.

He took a vow and that is really sad :(

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#302511 Jun 28, 2013
Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
I know, many wonderful Catholics. They do not go about peeping into others,funeral rites.
Madame thinks someone thinks they are the Religious,Police.
Now,"isn't that special"
I grew up Catholic. Most of my extended family still is. I have close friends now who are, and quite a few going back to high school (attended when dinosaurs walked the earth, lol) are Catholic. They too are wonderful people who know how to mind their own business.

Both Sassy and Knut are extremists. Not the only ones on Topix, either, which seems to attract such people. Part of a vocal fringe who think everyone must walk in lockstep with every single act and thought of their own in order to be Catholic, but they're wrong.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#302512 Jun 28, 2013
sassy JM wrote:
<quoted text> I loved Roses posts back then so, i take it not only as a compliment but as a back up of what i just said(that she changed a bit).
You are under the assumption that the Tulsa poster wasn't NN. Did she call you and deny it or are YOU assuming like you are accusing me of?
Ohhhh Katie lolol.
Katie's not assuming. Many of us know each other from Facebook. The two screen names are not the same poster.
No Relativism

West Lafayette, IN

#302513 Jun 28, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
My mother was a practicing Catholic. You don't have the authority to say otherwise, Control Freak.
You are your mother's biggest failing in life.

Location hidden

#302514 Jun 28, 2013
sassy JM wrote:
<quoted text> Rose,not for nothing, but you are always giving your two cents in every comment most prolifers say in response to proaborts comments. Is that not butting in and acting like your the PL police?
Ok..we know you have your opinions. You're entitled to them but you are not minding your own business.
You've never been like that until recently.
Frankly, it is out of line
Because JM..if Catholics or other Christians ate using their faith to slam others or tell them about their own families..it accuse THEM if child abuse without one shred of evidence..

It makes other CHRISTIANS look bad.

This has NITHING to do with abortion..

How does that woman know about a single thing she says.

Telling me I am nit observing Fathers day t o HER satisfaction ..

Read her posts ...telling Bitner she abused children.

Or that her mother wasn't Catholic.

Really .

Ok think like this ...We are supposed to reflect Jesus in how we interact eith others.

I swear I tried to say to her that arguments about the Catholic faith are,best on another forum.

Other than those that have th o do with abortion if course and how our faith hates it.

But she had to keep thus stuff going on and on.

Quite frankly lately I am not up fir arguments but sorry when I see a supposedly Christian woman slandering like that using Jesus as her shield..It's an embarrassment to my own belief.

We are supposed to be better than that..Imo

Of course she thinks I must convert in order to meet HER IDEA of what a Christian is.

I really try to ignore her ..But lol telling me I spend too much time on Topix.

PHONEY.
grumpy

Stony Point, NY

#302515 Jun 28, 2013
sassy JM wrote:
<quoted text> You are correct. God doesn't need co-saviors. Who said otherwise? Btw...we aren't "works based" salvation minded. We do believe that we will be judged on our sins of omission though, and that means that are works do matter (feeding the poor, acts of mercy..etc..)
A person who gets blown up or is murdered and dumped in a ditch never to be found, STILL are.worthy in Gods eyes. Unfortunately, they get denied a proper wake memorial and burial. THEY didnt choose that for their demise.
If someone is a practicing Catholic then they wouldn't approve of not burying our dead. Didn't Christ say to bury your dead?
1) Isn't Jesus a co-savior? Judaism doesn't think God needs a co-savior.
2) The Pope recently said that good works was a means to salvatiion and "The Vatican (whatever that is) said that he was wrong.
3)Does a miscarried embryo get a proper burial?

Location hidden

#302516 Jun 28, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I grew up Catholic. Most of my extended family still is. I have close friends now who are, and quite a few going back to high school (attended when dinosaurs walked the earth, lol) are Catholic. They too are wonderful people who know how to mind their own business.
Both Sassy and Knut are extremists. Not the only ones on Topix, either, which seems to attract such people. Part of a vocal fringe who think everyone must walk in lockstep with every single act and thought of their own in order to be Catholic, but they're wrong.
My friends and and some family so s o..though I am nit a REAL Christian according to knit.

kind of think that's is God's call..not knits

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#302517 Jun 28, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
You are your mother's biggest failing in life.
Nah, you're talking about yourself.

Location hidden

#302518 Jun 28, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Knit thought Rose was this,Nana,and pup and someone else..

Who cares when she has so many names but though Rose is trying to take a vacation. Madame has a tad but less patience with hypocrisy
No Relativism

West Lafayette, IN

#302519 Jun 28, 2013
Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
Personally as everyone who reads knows
I believe we are knit in the womb by God and thus precious to Him.
What bugs me is people who profess to have faith in Our Saviour.
Revelling in the pain of others...it does nit speak well of the effect of having faith in JESUS...And thus is more of an affront to other CHRISTIANS..than something said by a non Christian.
That in turn reflects badly on Him to others who do nit know Him.
Our faith is represented in how we treat others...And angry as I can get when debating..it dies not. Excuse US US if we wish others I'll.
If you can't see that ..sorry..
It appears you missed my question. Here it is again:

NR to Madam:

Here is another quote from your kind.....empathetic?.....not empathetic?.....Hmmmmm?....... ..

"No, I don't think calling fetuses in general "a useless wad of cells" is belittling to anyone." - Katie

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833 ...
________

Please answer the question.

TIA.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OBAMA is the BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Nov '10) 7 min Guinness Drinker 16,643
Rev. Al Sharpton to meet with Sony Pictures on ... 38 min rayshist trollie 4
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 54 min Mothra 49,184
Eric Garner Murdered by Cop 1 hr Ronald 312
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 2 hr The Phanton Hell ... 9,448
Cuba - Next North Korea 2 hr Splat 5
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 3 hr Paul Yanks 311,564

New York News Video

New York Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

New York People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

New York News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in New York