Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 313661 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

lisa

Del Rio, TX

#296408 May 16, 2013
Arawak wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, so I slipped. All you anti abortion wackos, why don't you get a life, and go save a life in the trailer parks and ghettos? No camera's there huh?
You're all a bunch of wanna be's seeking the spotlight.
What will it be next week? Trying to save the cockroach?
You dummies have a right over your own bodies, come try and exercise it over mine......okay then....
MOMMA SHOULD have ABORTED U >;E
lisa

Del Rio, TX

#296409 May 16, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
You can deny it all you want, but hitler identified himself as a christian and his religious upbringing and his own words speaks for itself. You don't get to decide what someone elses religion is.
Oh, and he was human. Deal with it.
hitler was a demon in a body.-.
Gtown71

United States

#296410 May 16, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>The Holocaust as an act of free will...on the part of the Jews???
But hey, God knows what is going to happen, regardless of our free will...in his omnipotence, omniscience, and omnipresence, etc.
He knew what Mary would say, and what Abraham would do, and What Cain would do, and what Eve would do...blah, blah, blah.
It's that whole "Vast Eternal Plan" thingy...
I think YOU'RE the one trying to have it both ways, dear...
Germans, and He even knew what we would write today, but many things hard for us to comprehend.
rosesz

Ashburn, VA

#296411 May 16, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
This may take me a post or two to reply to, so please bear with me. Thank-you in advance.
<quoted text>From whom??
<quoted text>If the South Carolinians didn't want North Carolinians to claim South Carolina as part of THEIR state, I think there might be a war or two to keep it from happening, once North Carolina began making plans to permanently relocate those already in South Carolina....don't you think?
How is it any different?
<quoted text>North and South Carolina are perfectly comfortable with each other as well...mostly...but I'm pretty sure they wouldn't stay that way, if suddenly one state was inundated by former residents of the other...and the citizens of the one weren't allowed to come back...
<quoted text>I follow the money. That's what a good little capitalist does. And the money leads to the State of Israel, which has been subsidized, fortified, and gifted, with billions of dollars in US Aid, at the expense of the other group who claims heritage there, quite coincident with the changes in language.
Here's where I'll leave off, and resume in a minute.
There were Arabs and Jews who lived there. When the plans to make Israel a state..the Arabs in adjoining countries started immigrating in so they could occupy. A lot of them dontvhavexhistories there before that. Israel was basically declared a state then left to fight the others off. It is and was their country.

Yes America helped them thank God. I honestly think k this is one reason we thrived in order to be a great country and help ..But that is only my opinion

The thing is Hitler was only the latest to try to annihilate them.
The world owed them for turning it's back

But they didn't just whine they fought like tigers. They have over the years given back only to be so spat on and had missiles thrown at them.

Their neighbors have sworn to drive them all into the sea. Genocide.
They have tried doing it peaceful. It doesn't work.

There was a peace treaty that would have given them what they asked for. Arafat refused and let terrorists run his country. And do cowardly acts on civilians whenever they could.
They want Jerusalem..and how long do you think anyone not Muslim would be free to worship.

They could act like victims ...they don't. GOOD for them

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#296412 May 16, 2013
Continued from last post:
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
And there was Great Education and things to separate US from the Communists
Your generation was inundated with Anti-Communist Propaganda. No doubt about it.
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I was a kid when we had bomb drills .every kid had to learn about Americanism vs Communism.
Of course....because xenophobia serves the agenda of the radical rabid religious...whether they be to the right, like Hitler, or the left, like Sun Yat Sen.
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
We were scared to death here at the missiles in Cuba.
Naturally. That was the entire point.
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a Big Deal.
The money said 'Out of Many, One' for 3/4ths of our Country's years....that was the way the Founding Fathers originally approved it.

Those who insisted on changing the currency, to reflect a universal belief in the Christian God, were counting on the horror of the 'COMMIES' boogey man, to allow them to officially EXCLUDE the freedom FROM religion from the list of freedoms guaranteed in the Constitution. It was a very slick trick, and they got away with it, as neatly as Grandpa's quarter-behind-the-ear.

The Pledge of Allegiance, I can handle. It doesn't bother me at all to remain silent during the recitation of the phrase '...under God...', but to have a reference to a God I don't believe in, on currency I must use to pay "all debts, public and private" is ridiculous and insulting.
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
The communists were the exclusionary ones excluding God for the state
We're not communists, we never were communists, and we don't want to be communists. There was never any need to frighten school children into fearing ordinary people 3000 miles away, in order to convince us of any of the above.....and I'm sure you know that too, at this point.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#296415 May 16, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
<---- <poke>
Don't be pokin' me, Katie.

I'll poke ya back.

<------<<POKE>> >

so there.

ha. bet that one hurt.

: D

Gtown71

United States

#296416 May 16, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
See my previous post. Hitler identified himself as a christian and he was raised catholic. Facts override you. You don't get to decide what someones religion is, but you are welcome to form your own opinion.
Well according to the word of God, those who bless the jews shall be blessed, and those who curse the jews shall be cursed.

Which one was hitler again?

I could claim to be a muslim, but if I never behaved or prayed or "anything " muslim, would I still be a muslim?

Some people fall more in line with what they call themselves feces :)
Gtown71

United States

#296417 May 16, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Sad to see that you think your baseless belief is true for millions of people you know nothing about. Your petty beliefs dominate you and cripple your ability to keep an open mind.
To think that your belief is "truth" is the height of arrogance.
There you go with that word arrogance feces for Jesus.

I simply tell others, that they may call upon a Real God for salvation, if they wish.

Only a Real God can come forth and save them.

All others are dead or in or headed for a place you don't believe exsist. Hell

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#296418 May 16, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
There were Arabs and Jews who lived there. When the plans to make Israel a state..the Arabs in adjoining countries started immigrating in so they could occupy. A lot of them dontvhavexhistories there before that. Israel was basically declared a state then left to fight the others off. It is and was their country.
Yes America helped them thank God. I honestly think k this is one reason we thrived in order to be a great country and help ..But that is only my opinion
The thing is Hitler was only the latest to try to annihilate them.
The world owed them for turning it's back
But they didn't just whine they fought like tigers. They have over the years given back only to be so spat on and had missiles thrown at them.
Their neighbors have sworn to drive them all into the sea. Genocide.
They have tried doing it peaceful. It doesn't work.
There was a peace treaty that would have given them what they asked for. Arafat refused and let terrorists run his country. And do cowardly acts on civilians whenever they could.
They want Jerusalem..and how long do you think anyone not Muslim would be free to worship.
They could act like victims ...they don't. GOOD for them
The world OWED them?

Like the USA OWES the blacks, and the Native Americans, Rose?

WE, as a Nation, don't owe the Jews a damn thing.
Our political creatures apparently 'owe' the Israeli political creatures, to the tune of billions of dollars....for what, I'm not sure...but it hasn't got a damn thing to do with them having their own country, unless one is trying to bring a 2000 year old prophecy to fruition.

Some men just want to watch the world burn...
STO

Vallejo, CA

#296419 May 16, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Politicians. Lol. I really detest most if them.
Yeah. I know what you mean.

Some politicians count on one issue voters, like the AC crowd. I don't believe they want abortion to be rare. What would they have to run on?

I tend to believe PC politicians want abortion to be rare if they say so because they have no stake in it.
rosesz

Ashburn, VA

#296420 May 16, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
Continued from last post:
<quoted text>Your generation was inundated with Anti-Communist Propaganda. No doubt about it.
<quoted text>Of course....because xenophobia serves the agenda of the radical rabid religious...whether they be to the right, like Hitler, or the left, like Sun Yat Sen.
<quoted text>Naturally. That was the entire point.
<quoted text>The money said 'Out of Many, One' for 3/4ths of our Country's years....that was the way the Founding Fathers originally approved it.
Those who insisted on changing the currency, to reflect a universal belief in the Christian God, were counting on the horror of the 'COMMIES' boogey man, to allow them to officially EXCLUDE the freedom FROM religion from the list of freedoms guaranteed in the Constitution. It was a very slick trick, and they got away with it, as neatly as Grandpa's quarter-behind-the-ear.
The Pledge of Allegiance, I can handle. It doesn't bother me at all to remain silent during the recitation of the phrase '...under God...', but to have a reference to a God I don't believe in, on currency I must use to pay "all debts, public and private" is ridiculous and insulting.
<quoted text>We're not communists, we never were communists, and we don't want to be communists. There was never any need to frighten school children into fearing ordinary people 3000 miles away, in order to convince us of any of the above.....and I'm sure you know that too, at this point.
Oh dear I wish you had a time machine to experience things past. Me too actually.
Propaganda. Khrushchev said We will bury you. That had missiles in a Communist country just miles from us. It's not propaganda if it's real.

The communists took away all freedoms from their people. Most especially the freedom to worship. Their aim was to make the world communist. God is the same word for many faiths. We did trust in God and a country which was the opposite of Russia. Look at that pagan eye eye pyramid symbol on there ..I think That is creepy. But I pay my dollar at the store. And don't look at it. Spokespeople think it's about the new world order..a more godless prospect I can't imagine.

We can find things,we don't like in most places that doesn't mean the Christians are taking over the world.
Sorry only my opinion but every one was nicer before we got so whatever you call this....thinking we are out to get each other.

I hate big government but it grows bigger. Everything is politics including abortions.

The country has become less Godly in my opinion. And you think that is a good thIng. I think we have lost one of the reasons for our greatness.
Again my opinion
Katie

Tacoma, WA

#296421 May 16, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't be pokin' me, Katie.
I'll poke ya back.
<------<<POKE>> >
so there.
ha. bet that one hurt.
<----- <<nudge>>

:-D

Miss you, StO! Hope all is well on your end :)
rosesz

Ashburn, VA

#296422 May 16, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>The world OWED them?
Like the USA OWES the blacks, and the Native Americans, Rose?
WE, as a Nation, don't owe the Jews a damn thing.
Our political creatures apparently 'owe' the Israeli political creatures, to the tune of billions of dollars....for what, I'm not sure...but it hasn't got a damn thing to do with them having their own country, unless one is trying to bring a 2000 year old prophecy to fruition.
Some men just want to watch the world burn...
Before WW 2 the Jews were the targets..it became much worse later on with the camps..with the experimentation on both men and women because they were Jews. Those camps were an outrage.
Hitler basically told the Jews to get out. BUT nowhere to go for so many.
So yes we owed them the chance to build a country. They made it great.
They didn't whine about the killing IN droves of the settlers. They built it up a mile at a time.

Yes there was a prophecy they would return at some time in the future.
But that's not why we owed them our help.

World burning?? Sorry don't get it unless you mean the missiles or the terrorist bombings paid fir by cowards sending young people to die.

Sorry but we are not going to agree about Israel.

And this is why there wants treaty. Israel was ready to give Arafat what they asked for..But that would have taken away the club over the head for the terrorists. You say political ..you bet . It's in the interest of the other countries to keep Palestine a war cry. Imo.

Regarding the black people. Again I was alive during the movement. Out of that came many efforts to make things right. Billions of dollars for buildings and welfare. AFFirmative action. Not perfect but many strides not all in the right way imo but we tried.

Israel came out of the camps to a homeland. They Fought Died and worked for it. We may have helped but they did most of it by themselves not on handouts . They made food in a desert. Got their economy in the midst of surprise attacks.
Ok done for now. Can you tall this subject grabs me ..sigh
Katie

Tacoma, WA

#296423 May 16, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh dear I wish you had a time machine to experience things past. Me too actually.
Propaganda. Khrushchev said We will bury you. That had missiles in a Communist country just miles from us. It's not propaganda if it's real.
The communists took away all freedoms from their people. Most especially the freedom to worship. Their aim was to make the world communist. God is the same word for many faiths. We did trust in God and a country which was the opposite of Russia. Look at that pagan eye eye pyramid symbol on there ..I think That is creepy. But I pay my dollar at the store. And don't look at it. Spokespeople think it's about the new world order..a more godless prospect I can't imagine.
We can find things,we don't like in most places that doesn't mean the Christians are taking over the world.
Sorry only my opinion but every one was nicer before we got so whatever you call this....thinking we are out to get each other.
I hate big government but it grows bigger. Everything is politics including abortions.
The country has become less Godly in my opinion. And you think that is a good thIng. I think we have lost one of the reasons for our greatness.
Again my opinion
You say, "Sorry only my opinion but every one was nicer before we got so whatever you call this....thinking we are out to get each other."

I say one word will describe it. Intolerance.

Our society acts more schizophrenic with its two opposing main views; intolerant and inclusive. Do you wanna guess which word AC represents and which word PC represents?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#296424 May 16, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Again my opinion
It all went to hell with Sputnik, when Russia beat us to the moon. That whole era was predicated on who was bigger and badder, because the USSR had proven itself smarter and faster.

This has been a nation of the religiously persecuted, since we left the shores from which we originally sailed to get here. Our predecessors were fleeing for the right NOT to worship the way the King or Queen did, as much as the right to worship as they pleased.

Jefferson wrote the Declaration of Independence, exactly as a Land-owning Libertarian Deist would: He was a slaveholder, but he was absolutely a believer that the Creator does not involve itself in our day to day affairs. He was not a Christian, and he never ever claimed to be one.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#296425 May 16, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Hitler basically told the Jews to get out. BUT nowhere to go for so many.
So yes we owed them the chance to build a country. They made it great.
So why don't we OWE Rwandans a new country? Or Nigerians, or Zaireans, or Chechens, or Armenians?

Every one of those countries has experienced genocide on a scale of millions....America has never sent those countries billions of dollars... or military aid sufficient to halt it while it was occurring, much less after the fact.

From 'US News and World Report', 2012

"...The Pentagon announced Thursday the Obama administration is sending $70 million to Israel to help it enhance its missile defense system.

The money comes on top of $205 million the U.S. has already spent on the Israeli shield known as Iron Dome, and the annual $3 billion in security assistance America sends to Israel. The Jewish state has three operational Iron Dome batteries, which have had a 90 percent success rate, the Jerusalem Post reported in March..."

(You won't find a single thing on Google, about America spending anything to shield Rwandan mothers and children from their own army, though.)

We don't owe the Jewish People a country, any more than we owe Rwanda, or Nigeria, or Zaire, or Chechnya, or Turkey, benevolent leaders.

Hint: they're not the right religion over there.

Since: May 13

Lucknow, India

#296426 May 16, 2013
what???
rosesz

Ashburn, VA

#296427 May 16, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
You say, "Sorry only my opinion but every one was nicer before we got so whatever you call this....thinking we are out to get each other."
I say one word will describe it. Intolerance.
Our society acts more schizophrenic with its two opposing main views; intolerant and inclusive. Do you wanna guess which word AC represents and which word PC represents?
Well it is divisive. And of course I think pro-life is more sensitive to the weakest of us. The unborn.

But it isn't just the big dividers
We have become people who can find offense in anything.used to be more live and let live. I personally don't want to know what everyone does at home. I don't care that a very good proportion of my neighbors fly rainbow flags..as long as theyvdontcwant mind if I have one with a nativity scene ( can't find it but I had one)
If the guy across the street had a huge menorah instead if Christmas lights and won the neighborhood competition. Who cares.

But everything is so touchy .I find it very sad. We have become very intolerant and most of that lately is against things of God. That's also sad.

it's gotten do bad store clerks are afraid to say Merry Christmas..or even Happy Holidays. When obviously people are out shopping for it. It's silly. Imo.
We see Xmas trees by the road. My pet peeve. Silly and annoying.
Too touchy again my opinion.
rosesz

Ashburn, VA

#296428 May 16, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>So why don't we OWE Rwandans a new country? Or Nigerians, or Zaireans, or Chechens, or Armenians?
Every one of those countries has experienced genocide on a scale of millions....America has never sent those countries billions of dollars... or military aid sufficient to halt it while it was occurring, much less after the fact.
From 'US News and World Report', 2012
"...The Pentagon announced Thursday the Obama administration is sending $70 million to Israel to help it enhance its missile defense system.
The money comes on top of $205 million the U.S. has already spent on the Israeli shield known as Iron Dome, and the annual $3 billion in security assistance America sends to Israel. The Jewish state has three operational Iron Dome batteries, which have had a 90 percent success Krate, the Jerusalem Post reported in March..."
(You won't find a single thing on Google, about America spending anything to shield Rwandan mothers and children from their own army, though.)
We don't owe the Jewish People a country, any more than we owe Rwanda, or Nigeria, or Zaire, or Chechnya, or Turkey, benevolent leaders.
Hint: they're not the right religion over there.
I said We owed them the chance to build a country.

We give more aid to other countries than others do

does helping Israel Now help our interests. Sure. But Rwanda is internal we can help but we can't go deposing her army.

Israel..
It's neighbors who are NOT our friends want to wipe them out.
They are surrounded by enemies.
I am glad we are helping them ..But they are on the frontline alone.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#296429 May 16, 2013
"Our society acts more schizophrenic with its two opposing main views; intolerant and inclusive. Do you wanna guess which word AC represents and which word PC represents?"

The PC crowd certainly can't claim to be "inclusive", they are the most intolerant of all. Want proof? Disagree with them and watch to see just how tolerant they are of your opinion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 5 min Reality Check 335,649
News Bruised tot found dead in apartment :0 7 min Nadina 2
President Trump's first 100 days - Roadmap to D... 11 min SirLiesAlot 2,938
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 22 min Reality Check 43,487
Gay Teens NYC (Manhattan, Bronx, Queens, Brooklyn) (Jun '16) 49 min What 160
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Into The Night 63,568
TRUMP - Just Somebody that We Used to Know ! 1 hr Paris in Kentucky... 1
Topix Human Sexuality Forum Discontinued (Jun '16) 3 hr Mike Litoris 1,088

New York Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

New York Mortgages