Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311215 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#295972 May 14, 2013
sasssylicious wrote:
<quoted text> Allowing someone to deliberately die of dehydration is cruel. I see that foo says that it's a "peaceful" way to die. Total opposite in fact.
Stupid Skanky, you're not only a lying sack of shit, you're STUPID to boot.

Removing ANH happens LITERALLY thousands of times every day. There is nothing cruel about it, that's a fact. I and thousands have sat with loved ones as they pass in this manner, and its 100% peaceful.
Terri was not on any extra ordinary means of keeping her alive.
ROFLMAO You idiot, she certainly WAS. She had a PEG tube surgically implanted, it was her invasive life support - and over time, she had MANY problems because of it.
She had brain damage (not brain dead).
The autopsy proves you wrong, as does years of medical data. SHe was NOT brain damaged, she was brain dead.
She knew her loved ones and responded despite it.
No she did not, that is a flat out lie.
Killing her was inhumane at that point.
Bullshit. Further, if her parents had wanted the ANH removed, you'd have been all for it. YOu're only arguing to argue at this point, and about something you dont know shit about.
These proaborts are prodeath. They have no respect for human life.
Actually, we have MUCH more respect for human life than you ever will. We not only fight for people to make their own medical decisions unimpeded by assholes like you - WE care and respect them enough to make sure their END of life decisions are followed as well.
Heaven forbid their loved one becomes 'imperfect' maybe do to an accident or something. They think they deserve death.
@@ What a complete POS you are. No Skanky, for the record, not one of us thinks ANYONE deserves death.

Take you for example, while I personally wouldn't give a shit if you died, and in fact, I believe your death would immediately raise the general populations IQ by 100 points, I wouldnt wish you on Death.

You deserve years of living in ridicule, not death.
Deny food and a person will starve. You are correct.
Not when one is having ANH removed medically, you are wrong.

Retarded people..brain damaged..etc...deserve respect.
Terri Schiavo was not brain damaged or "retarded" you moron. She deserved the respect her husband gave her - HE FOLLOWED HER WISHES. Once can't ask for more respect than that.

Location hidden

#295974 May 14, 2013
sasssylicious wrote:
<quoted text> Rose? Your'e not surprised are you?
Women who die during abortions are meaningless. Didn't you know that nobody cares?
We know YOU dont care Skanky, you make that very clear.

The rest of us do however.
feces for jesus

Brooklyn, NY

#295975 May 14, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
May I ask you if cpeter told you what was going on in his mind at that time, would you believe him?
Would you consider reading the book "proof of Heaven ", that was written by a Nero surgeon who went into a coma for a long time, and is back to his old life, with a new way of thinking?
One persons visions and beliefs are not proof, dimwit.

Location hidden

#295976 May 14, 2013
sasssylicious wrote:
<quoted text> YOU'RE a nurse? I don't believe you.
Nobody that matters cares what you believe Skanky, and given you're known as the biggest lying sack of shit here - next to your other suck buddy that is.
Food and water are not "unnatural"
Nobody said it was, so dont put your moronic "quotes" around words nobody said.

Surgically implanted PEG tubes ARE unnatural however. You stupid dope.
Terri was not given any extraordinary means to survive unnaturally". Had she been, then that a whole different story.
You've been proven wrong many times now Skankdawg. Carry on.

Location hidden

#295977 May 14, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
You may have noticed what foo said I could do with my soul?
What the hell are you LYING about now???

I didn't say shit about your soul.

Gtown, you prove with every lying post that you're no christian. In fact, when you lie like this, you spit on him.

Location hidden

#295978 May 14, 2013
sasssylicious wrote:
<quoted text> Word games. Yep. That's it.
Foo is an angry woman. She is clearly frustrated and out of control.
ROFLMAO Sorry Skankdawg, I'm not angry OR out of control. I simply dont put up with the stupidity of your kind, nor do I let it go unchallanged. Nothing angry about it, simply condescending.

Nor do I play word games, I dont have to. Plain, simple facts and English work just fine to showcase your kind's ignorance and stupidity.

Location hidden

#295979 May 14, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
You're pro death, SJM. You would allow your daughter to die from an unhealthy pregnancy rather than have her abort it and live. Y'know, live for the family she already has.
It's her right, your right if you're her durable POA, to allow her to refuse treatment.
Which makes you no different than Michael Schiavo or the people you think you're criticizing. You're counted among them, too.
Good point!

Location hidden

#295980 May 14, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I realize some pits are fine, but you never hear of someone being malled by a maltise. Bad sp. Lol
I believe rose was saying it is a heart call, not abc repeat after me and you're saved.
God resist the proud.
He will not turn away a broken or contrite spirit.
Many "even here " are full of pride, boasters, lovers of thrmselves, not God.
I have a saved friend that also read the bible 6 times before he was saved.
He used to say it was a great book, just wasn't real, but now he's sold out for God.
When a spiritual change happens, that's when you know you're saved.
People will change. God even gives them a new name.
Salvation is Not by works. Rewards and such are.
Either we pay the price for our SIN -capital S, or we put all our faith and trust in the One who's already paid for it.
Gtown, a "heaven" with your kind in it, and none of our beloved pets would be hell.

So tell you what, you're welcome to your version of heaven. Live there or rot there, its immaterial - since what YOU think heaven would be is abhorrant to most normal folks.

Location hidden

#295981 May 14, 2013
Bit-O-Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
What is "sick" is azzholes like you lying as you've done here, and caling yourselves christian.
You're a freak and a phony and nothing more.
Aint THAT the truth! Amen sister!

Location hidden

#295982 May 14, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you put a 12 gauge shotgun up to someones head, and pull the trigger. "By the way, for you strick word game folks, lets just say the gun is loaded, with a "live " round, which means it has gun powder, wadding, and lead or some other type of projectile, sealed up in what is usualy called a shot gun shell, which can be purchased many places, in a normal box of 25, unless it is slugs, in which normal would be a box of five " :):):)
Any who -when the gun goes off, and takes out half the brain, the person will be dead, before he or she comes to rest.
Their heart does NOT continue to beat.
LIKE TERRIES DID.
SHE WAS KEPT AWAY FROM WHAT WE MUST HAVE IN ORDER TO LIVE.
Terri Schiavo didn't have a shotgun taken to her head you stupid fukwit. THere's a whole lot of people in the world who are brain dead, but who are being kept alive via A machine as terri was, or machines plural, as others are.

Nothing was kept from Terri Schiavo, she'd died many years before and was being kept alive artifically. When those machines were removed, she died and went to G-d NATURALLY, as she should have many years before.

I find it amusing that those of you that claim to care about your g-d so much, are so TERRIFIED of the idea of going to him.

Location hidden

#295983 May 14, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
May I ask you if cpeter told you what was going on in his mind at that time, would you believe him?
Would you consider reading the book "proof of Heaven ", that was written by a Nero surgeon who went into a coma for a long time, and is back to his old life, with a new way of thinking?
His book has been soundly debunked by many. Here's just one

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm...

Location hidden

#295984 May 14, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Katie, again you and others are trying to portray her parents as evil folks, but her hubby doing the right thing.
THEY WERE HER PARENTS.
I'm not saying it was easy on any of them, but I could write the same about Hellen Keller.
She ate, and drank, but prob like an animal.
She wasn't aware of much and couldn't comunicate with anyone.
If terrie wasn't in any pain, as many on here suggest, then why did it matter, if nothing else her parents still had her there.
Again a judge chose what would happen to others lives.
What part of "it wasn't ABOUT HER PARENTS" do you not grasp you stupid thing?
Spooner

Canton, MS

#295985 May 14, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
You are aware that thereially because we don't have to spend asmuch time evolve like gorillas or from gorillas; where proto-gorillas adapted by becoming bigger, proto-humans evolved by using their brains--size wasn't required.
One of the problems inherent in adapting via size is that, the larger one grows, the more food it requires. Humans are more successful than gorillas partially because we don't have to spend as much time foraging. The more important factor is that we are smart enough to avoid or outwit gorillas.
<quoted text>

we are smart enough to keep them in a cage, so we can avoid them.

If you think you could outwit a gorilla, you need to challenge one.
Fence in a couple of wooded acres for a week or so, insert gorilla, insert you, and let the best man, and mans daddy win.

The word outwit will have a whole new meaning to you.

This is how you counter creationism ? Laughable.
Katie

Tacoma, WA

#295986 May 14, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Good ol' coach ivac!
The hospital should have been watching you more carefully--coming out of a coma is a time of great confusion for a patient.
<quoted text>
Heh! Coach Ivac seemed to always make noise :)

Agreed. It was middle of the night, they probably thought I wouldn't stir. Their solution was to restrain my wrists to the handrails. Loosely, though. Ahh the good ol' days!

Did manage to prove 'em all wrong and walk on my own. Can't skate like I used to, but *can* skate, so that's a bonus :D
Katie

Tacoma, WA

#295987 May 14, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>Good point!
It's a good point she's been ignoring over a year now, Foo. I'll keep making it, reminding her she is no different if she was to allow her daughter to die instead of receiving a life-saving abortion.
rosesz

San Jose, CA

#295988 May 14, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Heh! Coach Ivac seemed to always make noise :)
Agreed. It was middle of the night, they probably thought I wouldn't stir. Their solution was to restrain my wrists to the handrails. Loosely, though. Ahh the good ol' days!
Did manage to prove 'em all wrong and walk on my own. Can't skate like I used to, but *can* skate, so that's a bonus :D
Not to to be intricate..but in that bad a condition had you had a Cath and did they take it out?? And horrid about the restraints..
rosesz

San Jose, CA

#295989 May 14, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a good point she's been ignoring over a year now, Foo. I'll keep making it, reminding her she is no different if she was to allow her daughter to die instead of receiving a life-saving abortion.
????
worships reality

New York, NY

#295990 May 14, 2013
sasssylicious wrote:
<quoted text>No dear, being found "not guilty" does not equate to "innocent".
((Rolls eyes)))
of course it doesn't.

pay no attention to this nut. it's the same fool that didn't know the difference between a colon and a semi colon, but was going to educate us all on punctuation anyway.

after that humiliating failure maybe she wants to educate us all on the law now.

http://www.oregoncriminalattorney.com/Crimina...
Katie

Tacoma, WA

#295991 May 14, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Not to to be intricate..but in that bad a condition had you had a Cath and did they take it out?? And horrid about the restraints..
Cath, yes. Out, yes.

Well, it was better than what I'd seen at work with my psych nurse gramma....
Katie

Tacoma, WA

#295992 May 14, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
????
Old hypothetical where SassyJM assured everyone she would rather her daughter die than obtain a life-saving abortion. You can get the gist of it in the post to which Foo responded.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Occupy Wall Street rises up for Sanders 11 min SmokinJoe 29
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 12 min Paul Yanks 39,453
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 24 min Paul Yanks 328,565
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 34 min mdbuilder 59,510
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 1 hr Princess Hey 15,078
last post wins! (Jun '10) 1 hr Princess Hey 26,371
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 1 hr Roxie Darling 14,241
More from around the web

Personal Finance

New York Mortgages