Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 345951 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#287022 Feb 26, 2013
Bitner's friends know you for the arrogant, meaningless putz you are.
someoneuknow wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course biatch, you are such a freakshow. I'll remind you again how you lie here. You aborted your 27 week baby. I know you and you know me. You are pure evil and your friends here need to know the real you.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#287023 Feb 26, 2013
sasylicious wrote:
<quoted text>I see you ignored Sues question. The charges were against a "child" that was in the womb. Thought it wasn't a "child"?.
ONLY when convenient!.
"The charges were against a "child" that was in the womb."

lol

"Thought it wasn't a "child"?."

Would it make a difference if charges were against a fetus in the womb?

lol

Indianapolis

#287024 Feb 26, 2013
How long until these twits claim it's obama's secret plan to destroy america?
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Feel better, John. There's a respiratory bug going around here, too, leaving a lot of us miserable this week.
sasylicious

Centereach, NY

#287025 Feb 26, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
Many abosilutely do not believe in the infallibility of the Pope. Actually, I haven't met a Catholic in real life that does. Just those here on topix.
The Pope is only "infallible "when making Church decisions. The Holy Spirit guides him.

Otherwisw, he isnt.

My experience tells me that MANY are ignorant of their Catholic faith. And I don't mean that in a derogatory way either. They don't practice their religion enough to understand how Christs church started and WHO owns and operates it.

“Make time ”

Since: Sep 09

for contemplation

#287026 Feb 26, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Long Night Eternity: "Yes, it's the way it's supposed to be for that stage of life"
Then why is it okay to kill the human being at that stage of human life but not at other stages? For example, a post-menopausal Katie is not on your list of "not fully formed".
You discriminate TO DEATH based on stage of human development.
No way around.
Puddles! You're not fully formed (guess on my part), and yet here you, are comparing born individuals with z/e/f. If you cannot for whatever reason grasp the magnitude of the difference, being home schooled did you no favors. Get out in the world if you're permitted to do so and notice that "persons" breathe air.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#287027 Feb 26, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
People don't use contraception consistently. They often don't follow the instructions to the letter. They think this ONE TIME they can skip it. Or they aren't well educated about it.
If they used it the way it's supposed to be used, unintended pregnancies would be more rare.
I guess they just aren't smart to read directions. In today's age, no woman should be getting pregnant through casual sex.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#287028 Feb 26, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Place pregnant women at Planned Parenthood in two different rooms for counseling.
In room #1, put a Planned Parenthoood pregnancy counslor.
In room #2, place a monkey.
I guarantee the monkey would yield fewer than 98% of the women ending up with an abortion.
Why?
A monkey isn't trying to fill it's coffers with blood money.
41% of operating income at PP is from abortions.
Cha-Ching!!$!
I'm willing to bet the woman is already decided before she talks to a counselor or a monkey.

Isn't it pretty well known PP provides abortions at low to no cost?

Just because of that, it makes sense that women would go there who have already decided they want an abortion. Where else would they go if they have no insurance or cannot pay out of pocket? I know Kaiser provides abortions, and those women are insured who go there.

Indianapolis

#287029 Feb 26, 2013
Stanek lies out her ass when ordering breakfast. Moreover, that's not proof, that's some kind of voodoo-science estimation based on NO hard data at all.
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Reposted from yesterday:
10% of Planned Parenthood clients receive abortion. As I've already mentioned, PP "BUNDLES" services intentionally to skew the numbers.
Liberal NPR ate crow over this issue:
"Conan: Finally, several of you wrote during yesterday’s show about PP, about the conflict over what percentage of the agency’s clients receive abortions. We’ve asked NPR’s healh policy correspondent Julie Rovner to join us again. Julie, always nice to have with you us.… And we heard two figures from opposing sides yesterday, 3% and 10%, who’s right?
Rovner: Well, the conflict is really that PP keeps its statistics according to the percent of those services that are provided, not according to how many people get what. So it turns out that there are – that indeed, abortions are 3% of the services provided, although – and that was what, I think, Sarah Stoesz from PP kind of MISSPOKE when she said it was 3% of patients who come in get abortions.
It is actually a little bit closer to the 10% that Marjorie Dannenfesler suggested, because there are about 3 million patients who come in. There are about 300,000 abortions provided."
http://www.jillstanek.com/2011/03/npr-fact-ch...
sasylicious

Centereach, NY

#287030 Feb 26, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, I've watched the video where they supposedly lied about doing mammos, and that's not what was said. What was ACTUALLY said, is that the do breast cancer screening. And they do. Breast exams ARE breast cancer screening. They are the first screening done on any woman in any woman's clinic, or OB/GYN.
I do self breast exams at home. It doesn't mean that I am doing a cancer screening. PP deceives.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#287031 Feb 26, 2013
sasylicious wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure why this has to be explained to some. It's common sense. PP is the largest abortion provider and with 4,000 daily abortions, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to do the math.
The abortion movement is based on evil and deception. And so here we have it...proaborts who can't seem to figure that. Many still refuse to admit that abortion is used as birth control. Also, that many women receive multi-abortions. Single women have most of those abortions because casual sex is all for the 'me me me' mentality. No commitments, man uses girl, girl uses man and when they conceive a child then the man runs or the girl kills.
What an evil and selfish society we live in. We can't (as a society) sink any longer when a Mother justifys killing her own child..(developing in the womb or developing outside the womb).
You haven't DONE the math, Stupid Sassy.

There aren't even 4000 done each day IN this country.

The number of abortions per year is between 800,000 and 1.2 million. Even taking the highest estimate, that is slightly over 3800 per day, countrywide.

Lastest report has PP clinics performing 333,964 of those abortions. 1,200,ooo/333,964 equals 0.278, or rounded up 28%.

PP clinics perform 28% of the abortions done in the US.

And 333,964 abortions done per year is 914 per day, you flocking idiot, NOT "4,000".

Indianapolis

#287032 Feb 26, 2013
I don't have to; you can't prove a negative. You're free to look through court records for those cases. The vatican did nothing more than blame gay men and expunged them--ven those who weren't accused, didn't work with kids, or even graduated seminary yet.
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
prove it.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#287033 Feb 26, 2013
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
My friend, I'm going by the wording of the article "Sue" provided which nowhere--explicitly--states that he was charged with assaulting his girlfriend, Janelle Fuller, though I'm sure we can agree that the charge of "simple assault," was directly related to her.
However, I doubt "Sue's" intent for posting this article was to express outrage at Mr. Stroud's treatment of his girlfriend, or "unborn child," but rather to display her incredulity that he would be charged with, "assaulting an unborn child," when the definition of "person-hood" hasn't been concretely established and that this has been one of the historical arguments made by the P-C side of the aisle for keeping abortion legal.
There is no outrage, but I do see an obvious contradiction in the wording.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#287034 Feb 26, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Bitner's friends know you for the arrogant, meaningless putz you are.
<quoted text>
They're funny, aren't they? Obviously, someone I debated here, handed them their ass, and they're pissed.

Indianapolis

#287035 Feb 26, 2013
Pedophilia is attraction to children; gender is rarely a factor. In the case of the RCC scandal, they had easy access to boys.

Sexual orientation refers specifically to peer relationships.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I just assumed if a MALE was having sex with another MALE, no matter the age, that that MALE was gay. I'm pretty sure that's how it works, although it is one struggle I've never had.
I do agree when adults look at kids in a lustfull way, that they are in a whole other catagory.

Location hidden

#287036 Feb 26, 2013
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Puddles! You're not fully formed (guess on my part), and yet here you, are comparing born individuals with z/e/f. If you cannot for whatever reason grasp the magnitude of the difference, being home schooled did you no favors. Get out in the world if you're permitted to do so and notice that "persons" breathe air.
Hey Aged, what is your take on this:

Here's an interesting article

http://www.mcall.com/news/breaking/mc-easton -...

"An Easton man is charged with assaulting his unborn child during an incident that happened last month, according to court records.

Andrew Stroud Jr., 31, of 1330 Washington St. in Easton, was charged Friday with aggravated assault of an unborn child, simple assault, reckless endangerment and harassment. He's in Northampton County Prison under $25,000 bail.

Police said they were called for a domestic dispute outside Stroud's home. Victim Janelle Fuller told police that she is 8 1/2 months pregnant with Stroud's child."

What I don't understand is how he can be charged wit assult of an unborn "child I thought that
wasn't a child until it was born.

Location hidden

#287037 Feb 26, 2013
John-K and Aged....It's nice to "see" you both. It's been a long time and I enjoy our conversations.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#287038 Feb 26, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You haven't DONE the math, Stupid Sassy.
There aren't even 4000 done each day IN this country.
The number of abortions per year is between 800,000 and 1.2 million. Even taking the highest estimate, that is slightly over 3800 per day, countrywide.
Lastest report has PP clinics performing 333,964 of those abortions. 1,200,ooo/333,964 equals 0.278, or rounded up 28%.
PP clinics perform 28% of the abortions done in the US.
And 333,964 abortions done per year is 914 per day, you flocking idiot, NOT "4,000".
Sorry, that should have said 333964/1200000.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#287039 Feb 26, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would you expect people who don't even know what the sacraments
are to understand the meaning of the Euchrist.
The Catholics I know were raised in the religion and don't practice anymore. They consider themselves Catholic and must have forgotten the details.

Indianapolis

#287040 Feb 26, 2013
Gotta love the constant name-changes.
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
They're funny, aren't they? Obviously, someone I debated here, handed them their ass, and they're pissed.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#287041 Feb 26, 2013
sasylicious wrote:
<quoted text> The Pope is only "infallible "when making Church decisions. The Holy Spirit guides him.
Otherwisw, he isnt.
My experience tells me that MANY are ignorant of their Catholic faith. And I don't mean that in a derogatory way either. They don't practice their religion enough to understand how Christs church started and WHO owns and operates it.
We've had this discussion before. Peter proved to be fallible when he denied Christ. That was after the Catholic tradition says he became the first Pope.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
President Trump's first 100 days - Roadmap to D... (Nov '16) 23 min Ed Norton 7,765
Laura Bush, why didn't your husband do anything... 25 min Frankenfool 4
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 1 hr Princess Hey 18,558
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 2 hr jimi-yank 47,746
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 8 hr Bill Farted 64,838
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 10 hr Paul Yanks 345,142
Did Anthony Bourdain have a Physical sickness t... 13 hr hang tough Tony B 5

New York Jobs

Personal Finance

New York Mortgages