Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310231 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#286746 Feb 25, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm very sure Bitner would be outraged at the murder of "children".
Absolutely. You're right.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#286747 Feb 25, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
Has yesterday's discussion completely escaped you?
We were discussing different POVs regarding Judaism and Christianity.
Do you understand why neither is wrong in its claim?
I left that in yesterday's discussion. I thought it was over. You had a point to make and you did. Foo is like any other bigot about religion and that is the way it is. Her POV makes her miserable, angry and intolerant. I won't go there. I don't hate anybody because they have a different path to follow. I believe that everyone is on a journey whether or not they know it.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#286748 Feb 25, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
Your article includes this line:
"And while the abortion giant oversaw the killing of hundreds of thousands of babies, it could only muster 2,300 adoption referrals over the same time period, which comes out to some 145 abortions for every adoption."
Killing babies is illegal, ya know.
How can you take this crap seriously?
Yeah the wording is biased but the PP annual report is offical or do you think they made it up?

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#286749 Feb 25, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Clever word games? Your extinction remark was asinine...that's not my fault. Your use of the word discrimination is also asinine. Do have a real point to make?
Yes, clever word games. Equating human life to the human race. Extinction need not apply to a race. Look it up. You support the right to extinguish a human life based solely on it's stage of development. As I said, you cannot get anymore discriminatory than that.
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#286750 Feb 25, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think there is any truth in this article?
http://www.thenewamerican.com/culture/item/14...
It backs up what we have been saying.
Theres nothing there that states PP is falsifying the numbers, which is what wacko sapphire and never relevant have claimed.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#286751 Feb 25, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah the wording is biased but the PP annual report is offical or do you think they made it up?
You can't go by the numbers of abortions, referrals, and exams, then pretend that the one figure you don't like is "made up".
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#286752 Feb 25, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
PP provides whatever service the person chooses. If someone chooses not to have a child, it would be silly to provide an adoption referral, wouldn't you say?
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#286753 Feb 25, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Theres nothing there that states PP is falsifying the numbers, which is what wacko sapphire and never relevant have claimed.
Nobody said anything about falsifying. We said that one woman could receive several 'services' along with her abortion making the percentages of abortion to 'services' lower. It's all in the way you want the stats to look.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#286754 Feb 25, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
PP provides whatever service the person chooses. If someone chooses not to have a child, it would be silly to provide an adoption referral, wouldn't you say?
I already answered this but I do think adoption should be mentioned as an option in the consultation 'service'.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#286755 Feb 25, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
Even if I said rape was no exception, I'd never hear the end of that either.
Just askin' a question.

Why do you personally see a difference between a zef conceived due to rape and a zef conceived due to consensual sex?

Why not answer?

lucy

UK

#286756 Feb 25, 2013
Shoud the muslim race get away with this check it out on my youtube www.youtube.com/lucygreytv

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#286757 Feb 25, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody said anything about falsifying. We said that one woman could receive several 'services' along with her abortion making the percentages of abortion to 'services' lower. It's all in the way you want the stats to look.
A service is a service. No matter how many services one woman receives, they are still separate services?

One, what other "services" COULD she be receiving at the same time as an abortion? Are they handing her BC pills while she's on the table? Doing cancer screenings while the abortion is going on? Is she watching videos on sex ed during? Reading pamphlets? Getting an adoption referral?

Two, are they not supposed to ennumerate the other services just because she is ALSO having abortion?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#286758 Feb 25, 2013
Too many questions marks, sorry.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#286759 Feb 25, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I already answered this but I do think adoption should be mentioned as an option in the consultation 'service'.
And you know it's not, how?

Are you too stupid to realize that the numbers for adoption referrals are for the women who accepted them? It says nothing about what is offered.

Nevermind, yes you are that stupid.
Gtown71

United States

#286760 Feb 25, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
Do Mormons reject Christianity? Some Christians would say yes, but the Mormons would say no.
Get it?
I had an angel hand me 2 gold plates, but I couldn't read them, so I sent them off to cash for gold :)
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#286761 Feb 25, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Both sapphire and no relevance have said that PPs numbers were fixed or falsified.

Yes, well a pregnancy test is not an abortion.
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#286762 Feb 25, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
If someone comes in for a consultation, I would imagine adoption is given as an option, but that would not count as a referral. All You fundies want to look at the stats with you own personal slant. Again, a pregnancy test or check up is not an abortion, but you seem to want to count it like as one. How silly.
someoneuknow

Akron, OH

#286763 Feb 25, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Both sapphire and no relevance have said that PPs numbers were fixed or falsified.
Yes, well a pregnancy test is not an abortion.
You ignorant sob posting with a name like that. STFU, you are a PIG! A total pos under MY shoe.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#286764 Feb 25, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You asked if they were "made up". WTF is "made up" if not "falsifying"?

Every time I think you can't get any dumber, you do.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#286765 Feb 25, 2013
someoneuknow wrote:
<quoted text>
You ignorant sob posting with a name like that. STFU, you are a PIG! A total pos under MY shoe.
I have asked her before, why she wants to call herself 'feces'. I think it is low self esteem.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama needs to hold and attend a live Town Hall... 4 min Liberal mom 1
Time to go? 8 min Citizen 3,267
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 12 min jimi-yank 320,635
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 17 min Earthling-1 54,519
The United Hates of America (Sep '10) 44 min 2 Dogs 1,838
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 44 min Anonymous 12,401
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 50 min Trunketeer 10,909
Nassau/Suffolk High School Football (Nov '11) 2 hr raider youth 12,447
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 3 hr Wild Card Yanks 36,887
More from around the web

Personal Finance

New York Mortgages