Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 309849 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Guppy

Englewood, FL

#286232 Feb 24, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, now you're deflecting. No surprise.
You don't have to answer the question if you are afraid.

That's fine.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#286233 Feb 24, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Please post something from an orhtodox Jewish site that condones a woman aborting her baby
I've done that many times Inkstain. But here it is again. I'm sure you'll cherry pick or ignore it at your leasure as you have the 2 dozen OTHER time's I've posted it. MANY sites that show when, by Jewish law, abortion is required.

http://www.aish.com/ci/sam/48954946.html

This is an intersting article showing both sides of the debate WITHIN the Orthodoxy, but STILL agreeing that at times, its required.

http://www.jewishideas.org/articles/abortion-...

Resolution on Reproductive Freedom

http://www.rabbinicalassembly.org/resolution-...

Lets save time here shall we Inkstain? Here's a whole site for you to ignore.

http://www.rabbinicalassembly.org/search/node...
feces for jesus

Bellmore, NY

#286234 Feb 24, 2013
sasylicious wrote:
<quoted text> Then you are clearly not prochoice. You are.proabortion prior to viability and antichoice after viability.
What a confused little walking contradiction you are.
You're the living, walking contradiction, sASS. You're the fake pro-lifer who would rather her daughter die instead of her daughter having an abortion.

Back to the really important stuff. In late October/early November, you said you were driving through "towns under water" on Long Island after Sandy. Where is this James Bond, submarine car you were refering too? Inquiring minds want to know.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#286235 Feb 24, 2013
The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not a Catholic, pagan! Learn to laugh. It is part of the culture of life.
No worries...I laugh at you all the time. And I'm an atheist not a pagan, as I've told many times, ya fundie.

Location hidden

#286236 Feb 24, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
So he wasn't formally charged with it. I was wrong about that. Doesn't mean the abortions he was doing were being done within the law. The Prosecution makes it clear that they were not. So no, he was NOT "doing the same job as Tiller". YOU are wrong about THAT.
Bit, he WAS charged with it. He had over 28 charges against him, and illegal abortions is among those charges.

Location hidden

#286237 Feb 24, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I think I read that he was under indictment at the time of his death.hey would have gotten him eventually as they did his partner.
You read wrong as usual.

Location hidden

#286238 Feb 24, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
We know for a fact that LTAs produced babies born alive. What do you suppose Tiller did with them?
You do NOT know for a fact that ANY of Tiller's abortions were born alive. You are lying as usual.
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#286239 Feb 24, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not the one who dismissed someone else's belief in God as being imaginary and irrelevant.
Millions of people worldwide believe in some kind of Deity. According to gallup, 9 out of 10 Americans believe in God.
When questioned, they lied. Many people are AFRAID to admit they don't believe in god.

Location hidden

#286240 Feb 24, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not the one who dismissed someone else's belief in God as being imaginary and irrelevant.
Neither did I.
Millions of people worldwide believe in some kind of Deity. According to gallup, 9 out of 10 Americans believe in God.
Goodie for them. YOUR comment was about PROOF. And I factually maintain that YOU can't prove it any more than anyone can DISPROVE it.

G-d DAMN you're stupid.

Location hidden

#286241 Feb 24, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
If he was doing illegal LTAs, why wasn't he cahrged?
**sighs** He WAS charged you MORON.

"Kermit Gosnell, 70, is charged with eight counts of murder -- one for Mrs. Mongar and one each for Baby Boy A, Baby Girl A, Baby Boy B, Baby C, Baby D, Baby E, Baby F and Baby G. He is also charged with multiple counts of infanticide, drug delivery resulting in death, conspiracy to commit murder, solicitation to commit murder, abuse of a corpse, racketeering, theft by deception, participating in corrupt organizations, Controlled Substances Act violations, obstruction, tampering with evidence, hindering prosecution, and abortion at 24 or more weeks."

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/notorious_...

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#286242 Feb 24, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
If he was doing illegal LTAs, why wasn't he cahrged?
Foo said he was. The Prosecution certainly mentioned his illegal abortions. Maybe he was, maybe he wasn't. That's not the point. YOU were wrong. THAT is the point.

Location hidden

#286243 Feb 24, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL including Foo.
Yes Inkstain, I DO believe in G-d, however I cannot prove He exists. That's why its called "faith".

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#286244 Feb 24, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
If you have to join a union, and in many places you do, the dues go directly to the Democrat Party whether the employee paying those dues is a Democrat or not.
and business money that should go to dividends goes to the Republican party, only there's a lot more corporate money in politics than union money

so what's your point???
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
All taxpayers fund Planned Parenthood whether they believe in abortion or not.
and taxpayer money goes into faith bsed initiatives and religious organizations thanks to Bush

so again what's your point.

tax payer money also goes into running gitmo
the DEA
Israel
Iraq war
Halliburton

none of which I agree with

so again what is exactly your point again
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
If your dues went to the Republican Party or your taxes funded religious organizations, navitity scenes, bibles , you'd be singing a different song.
We all want the same things when it comes fairness, civil rights and protecting the environment. Too many conservatives think they own the market on all of these things and the opposition is pure evil.
Even though you don't think that, I'm sure.
If your dues went to the Democratic Party or your taxes funded anti-abortion organizations, you'd be singing a different song.
We all want the same things when it comes fairness, civil rights and protecting the environment. Too many liberals think they own the market on all of these things and the opposition is pure evil.
Even though you don't think that, I'm sure.

Location hidden

#286245 Feb 24, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
So he wasn't formally charged with it. I was wrong about that..
No you weren't. He most certainly WAS charged with it.

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/notorious_...

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#286246 Feb 24, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't have to answer the question if you are afraid.
That's fine.
LOL, another one who uses the childish technique of calling someone a chicken. Got it. Why are people so immature?

I've answered that question many times.

The point was that YOU lied, not whether or not I do.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#286247 Feb 24, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Bit, he WAS charged with it. He had over 28 charges against him, and illegal abortions is among those charges.
Ah, I thought so. Then I wasn't wrong. Ink most definitely was though. As usual, lol.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#286248 Feb 24, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm comparing two human beings who are "normal" for their respective stages of human life.
After Katie goes through menopause, she will remain normal based on her stage of human life. A preborn baby is also normal for his/her stage of human life.
If it is okay for you to intentionally kill a preborn baby b/c s/he is "different" at that respective stage of human life, then you must see post-menopausal Katie as "lacking" post-menopausally. If you are consistent in your human-life stage bias, you would see post-menopausal Katie as subhuman. You'd also consider grumpy & his impotence as subhuman....i.e., not worthy of life.
Are you admitting that you are "selectively" discriminatory? Where is your consistency? A human-life stage is a human-life stage. Why do you use random demarcations along others' human life spectrums to decide whose life is not worth living?
You're a hypocrite for convenience. Your random classification scheme AGAINST the right of preborn babies to life is nothing more than discrimination - to death.
Fact: A 14 week fetus is not "fully formed" as was claimed. Nothing was said about it being "normal" for its "respective stage of life". It was claimed that a 14 week fetus is "fully formed"...period. And that is wrong.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#286249 Feb 24, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
I've done that many times Inkstain. But here it is again. I'm sure you'll cherry pick or ignore it at your leasure as you have the 2 dozen OTHER time's I've posted it. MANY sites that show when, by Jewish law, abortion is required.
http://www.aish.com/ci/sam/48954946.html
This is an intersting article showing both sides of the debate WITHIN the Orthodoxy, but STILL agreeing that at times, its required.
http://www.jewishideas.org/articles/abortion-...
Resolution on Reproductive Freedom
http://www.rabbinicalassembly.org/resolution-...
Lets save time here shall we Inkstain? Here's a whole site for you to ignore.
http://www.rabbinicalassembly.org/search/node...
I read one of your links quite thoroughly and didn't see where abortion on demand is condoned, only allowed in cases to save the mother's life. I feel I will find that in all of your links. Feel free to cherry pick and show me where Judaism condone convenient abortion.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#286250 Feb 24, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, I thought so. Then I wasn't wrong. Ink most definitely was though. As usual, lol.
Yes I was wrong . I looked it up and illegal abortion is in the list of minor charges. He has pleaded not guilty, so I guess we will have to wait to see if he is convicted on that charge. As for now he isn't guilty.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#286251 Feb 24, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Fact: A 14 week fetus is not "fully formed" as was claimed. Nothing was said about it being "normal" for its "respective stage of life". It was claimed that a 14 week fetus is "fully formed"...period. And that is wrong.
What part isn't formed?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 9 min FuMan Chu Yanks 316,318
last post wins! (Jun '10) 48 min Concerned_American 25,928
News Father and son arrested in Copiague drug bust (Mar '09) 48 min Somebody who real... 18
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 54 min _Zoey_ 10,013
A Trek For Fame! , 1 hr femiguy 1
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER 1 hr Nemo the Brilliant 3,901
Rangers talk back (Oct '07) 1 hr Marty Broduer 7,390
OBAMA is the BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Nov '10) 7 hr Guinness Drinker 19,162
More from around the web

New York People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]