Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 308,906
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#285950 Feb 23, 2013
Here is a list of current bills.

http://www.senate.gov/pagelayout/legislative/...
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

#285951 Feb 23, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
One of her patients was a raped 10yr old from California. Didn't you just proclaim "most" PLers see the "three exceptions" and follow these? Yet here you are, repeating your spoon fed lies like it's reality.
"The Operation Rescue dance on Dr. Tiller’s grave continues in Kansas. This time in the form of a celebratory jig performed in their perceived triumph over an administrative judge’s ruling issuing an order of revocation of the license of Dr. Ann Kristen Neuhaus."
<SNIP>
"The continued defamation and harassment of Dr. Neuhaus is indicative of what abortion providers can expect in Kansas and in other parts of the country, like what has been seen in Texas. Providing an abortion does not require a special license, just as providing a pap smear doesn’t require a special license. Therefore, all it should take to provide abortions to women is the proper equipment, some training from a fellow physician, a medical license and extraordinary amounts of courage."
http://rhrealitycheck.org/article/2012/02/26/...
The physician would not have lost her license to practice if they had all been legitimate reasons, but I'm sure there were a few exceptions.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#285952 Feb 23, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, according to the icons, a couple don't agree. Oh well.
You think they got my little joke?
Of course not, Katie. Heck, they don't get it that when we ask a question, we're asking for an answer to the actual question. Not asking for a diatribe on their misconceptions about liberals or to hear their testimony for the umpteenth time. Sheesh.
worships reality

United States

#285953 Feb 23, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
What of it? Go back to being full of feces for jesus, stinky.
ink is full of you too? ooo-ga!!!
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

#285954 Feb 23, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
One, the link you posted is obviously old, from before the change in the law. It's also an anti-choice biased site, which dishonestly left off the copyright date. The only date mentioned in the article, was 1995.
Two, the part about Tiller was about LATE TERM ABORTIONS, not "partial birth abortions". That is merely one possible abortion procedure.
Three, though none have been done in recent years according to the CDC, I did not say they were not done at all. What I said was that they are illegal except to save the woman's life.
Four, about Cuomo, you are full of crap. The law proposed says nothing about "partial birth abortion". It is to expand the law, which currently only allows late term abortion if the woman's life is in danger, to one that allows it if her health is in danger too, or if the fetus is not viable.
Again, stop feeding off the damned anti-choice propaganda spoon.
There are only two facts that matter: The investigations that were ongoing and underway by the State of Kansas against Tiller and the physician who rubbered stamped all partial birth abortions and losing her license because of it.

Dr. Tiller wasn't murdered until 2009 six years after the Partial Birth Abortion Ban Act.

I'm very happy partial birth abortions were finally outlawed. At least we got our heads on straight about that even if it was too late for the thousands of viable babies who were literally murdered between 1973 and 2003.
worships reality

United States

#285955 Feb 23, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Another childish, failed attempt to manipulate from the powerless one.
I understand. Your fragile ego can't handle being balked by a woman. Sucks to be you.

make it 8.
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

#285956 Feb 23, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
I asked, "What makes the zef conceived due to rape different than a zef conceived due to consensual sex? "
I asked because you characterized abortion as...
"the only thing that comes to mind is men directing children to get in line to the gas chambers because they were brainwashed to see them as non-humans too."
You see yourself as a Nazi because when you see the zef as a "fault", you're okay with terminating it.
I also asked you what do you think should be done with frozen embryos that no one has plans for. You didn't answer that question, either.
You're splitting hairs again. Don't think we can split this one any thinner.

It's abortion en masse, by the way, and those who insist human beings are not human beings in the womb. Not the few exceptions.
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#285957 Feb 23, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
The physician would not have lost her license to practice if they had all been legitimate reasons, but I'm sure there were a few exceptions.
Right, because harassing her is for "legitimate reasons" too. Your spoon said so.

:\

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#285958 Feb 23, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Well which is it. Are partial birth abortions legal or not?
Funny, none of those poor babies photographed at Gosnell's looked like they had hydrocephalus. Tiller's form letters didn't mention hydrocephalus either.
Ye Gods, you are so f*cking stupid.

Read more carefully this time.

The procedure called "partial birth abortion" is illegal EXCEPT WHEN A WOMAN'S LIFE IS IN DANGER. THEN, it is legal to perform.

Gosnell was arrested, you may remember, for performing abortions illegally, running his clinic illegally, the murder of a woman, and for murdering newborns. Have you lost your mind?

I said nothing about Tiller in relation to hydrocephaly, or him performing a partial birth abortion for that reason. I was asked why a "partial birth abortion" would be safer for the woman, and I gave that as one reason.

Did you understand THIS time, or do you need a small child to explain it to you?
STO

Vallejo, CA

#285959 Feb 23, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, I'll change it to pro-supporting abortions. Is this okay? Because splitting hairs has also become the new norm.
Nope. Not okay. It's okay to accept the position as I kindly explained it to you.

We don't support abortion. We advocate the choice, which means if any pregnant woman any where never chose abortion again, we'd be a-ok with that.

Not you. You want to decide for every pregnant woman when it's moral to choose abortion and when it's not. Ok if conceieved in rape. Not okay if conceived by consensual sex, because for some unknown reason you think consensual sex means she's at fault.

Why are you proabortion for women who conceived due to rape?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#285960 Feb 23, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm very happy this practice has become illegal. It wasn't against the law, however, until 2003.
How many babies were killed in the last few weeks of gestation or coming out of the womb before 2003?
Gov. Cuomo is pushing for abortions to be legal at any phase of development including partial birth abortions. It's only a matter of time before others will join him. Including this president who would not vote against it as a Senator in the Illinois Senate, sadly enough.
"Gov. Cuomo is pushing for abortions to be legal at any phase of development including partial birth abortions."

You lie. That is not what the proposed law says.
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#285961 Feb 23, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
There are only two facts that matter: The investigations that were ongoing and underway by the State of Kansas against Tiller and the physician who rubbered stamped all partial birth abortions and losing her license because of it.
Dr. Tiller wasn't murdered until 2009 six years after the Partial Birth Abortion Ban Act.
I'm very happy partial birth abortions were finally outlawed. At least we got our heads on straight about that even if it was too late for the thousands of viable babies who were literally murdered between 1973 and 2003.
One of those "facts" has been thoroughly disputed. Haven't you kept up on the news? Or do you only read what your spoon allows you to read?

"The district attorney had refused to allow then-Attorney General Phill Kline to prosecute Tiller in her jurisdiction, resulting in a judge dismissing charges that the doctor had performed illegal late-term abortions. Tiller was later acquitted of misdemeanor charges that he failed to get a second opinion from an independent doctor before performing late-term abortions. Roeder killed the doctor weeks after the jury’s verdict."
http://www.boston.com/lifestyle/health/2012/0...
STO

Vallejo, CA

#285962 Feb 23, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
You're splitting hairs again. Don't think we can split this one any thinner.
It's abortion en masse, by the way, and those who insist human beings are not human beings in the womb. Not the few exceptions.
What makes the zef conceived due to rape different than a zef conceived due to consensual sex?

If the above is the answer to my question, you're saying a zef conceived due to rape is not a human being but a zef conceived due to consensual sex is, AND the reason is because consesual sex makes the the zef a "fault". Her "fault". Thus, if it's her "fault" it's not a human being.

How does that square with the biological fact there is no difference between a zef conceived due to rape and a zef conceived due to consensual sex?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#285963 Feb 23, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
Your source said nothing about Tiller and the other physician "signing" off on partial birth abortions after 2003. It spoke of late term abortions.

Once again, all "partial birth abortions" are late term abortions, but not all late term abortions are "partial birth abortions".

Are you capable of understanding this?
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#285964 Feb 23, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm very happy this practice has become illegal. It wasn't against the law, however, until 2003.
How many babies were killed in the last few weeks of gestation or coming out of the womb before 2003?
Gov. Cuomo is pushing for abortions to be legal at any phase of development including partial birth abortions. It's only a matter of time before others will join him. Including this president who would not vote against it as a Senator in the Illinois Senate, sadly enough.
No babies were killed. Pregnancies were aborted, fetuses died. You do not know the reasons behind these. Reasons are as varied as people and circumstances are. Learn the history yourself. You'll appreciate it more. I've provided you with links, yet I see you still repeating the same ol' same ol' as if you never bothered.
grumpy

Stony Point, NY

#285965 Feb 23, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure how that applies.
But Romney was clearly the wrong candidate for the right time. Why would I want to leave anyone's name of a ballot who was picked by their party?
It's the people I worry about the most. Not the politicians they elect.
Because you support choice not a particular choice.
Pro-choicers support choice. Not a particular choice.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#285966 Feb 23, 2013
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
make it 8.
Yes, eight childish attempts by you to manipulate. You should be embarrassed, but I don't believe you have the wit.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#285967 Feb 23, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
Do the unborn get a choice?
Yes. The woman is the representative and the "unborn" is totally signed on to her choice. Ask'em.
Gtown71

United States

#285968 Feb 23, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Then count your blessings you'll never have to face it head-on. Just don't sit in judgment of those who have and have kept moving forward.
With my wife, then most likely not, but I do have a 5 year old daughter, and who knows?? She could possibly get in to anything, or have anything happen to her. I'm not one to say my little girl would never do this or that, becouse I know my little girl will be capable to do anything imaginable.

Yet -again, very very very few people ever face a rape or life of mother issue. The largest magority is bevcouse of bad timing, not prepared, just been stupid, and just becouse they can.

I realize many doesn't believe in God, but trust me, we, as a nation, are not getting away with the killing of millions. God has, and will judge us as a nation.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#285969 Feb 23, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
With my wife, then most likely not, but I do have a 5 year old daughter, and who knows?? She could possibly get in to anything, or have anything happen to her. I'm not one to say my little girl would never do this or that, becouse I know my little girl will be capable to do anything imaginable.
Yet -again, very very very few people ever face a rape or life of mother issue. The largest magority is bevcouse of bad timing, not prepared, just been stupid, and just becouse they can.
I realize many doesn't believe in God, but trust me, we, as a nation, are not getting away with the killing of millions. God has, and will judge us as a nation.
You also make an exception for rape?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 13 min Roxie Darling 10,274
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER 1 hr TOASTER 1,193
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr IBdaMann 51,386
OBAMA is the BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Nov '10) 2 hr Guinness Drinker 18,064
liberal policies favor the rich 3 hr actorvet 1
Nassau/Suffolk High School Football (Nov '11) 5 hr LGANG 12,210
Not just the dress. Is Obama black or white? 5 hr Mind eye 1
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 6 hr Unbiased Padres Fan 313,577

New York News Video

New York Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

New York People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance