Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 309,263
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Read more
Bit-o-honey

Mooresville, NC

#285293 Feb 20, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Thou shall not murder. It was murder until Roe v Wade,
A- abortion is not murder.

B- abortion was not murder before R v V wade.

You're not very bright.
Bit-o-honey

Mooresville, NC

#285294 Feb 20, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
This was back in the mid 1970s when saline solution was only used in abortions. After the saline killed the baby - took most of the day - the mother was induced and the dead baby was delivered vaginally. The baby in question was 14 weeks' gestation, a boy, had all four extremities, fingers, toes, fingernails and facial features.
I had to carry the dead baby in a cold metal bowl to the storage room on the floor. When I came back later, it was floating in a plastic container of formaldehyde. I asked someone what would become of it and was told it would be discarded with the rest of the hosptial garbage.
The second that baby was put in that cold metal bowl and I couldn't swallow to save my life, I switched from being pro-choice to pro-life.
You are not being truthful. At no time would fetal remains be put in formaldehyde. Particularly when it was medical waste.

Is your argument so weak you have to lie? This is the second time you've done this, lying about something in a hospital.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#285296 Feb 20, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
This was back in the mid 1970s when saline solution was only used in abortions. After the saline killed the baby - took most of the day - the mother was induced and the dead baby was delivered vaginally. The baby in question was 14 weeks' gestation, a boy, had all four extremities, fingers, toes, fingernails and facial features.
I had to carry the dead baby in a cold metal bowl to the storage room on the floor. When I came back later, it was floating in a plastic container of formaldehyde. I asked someone what would become of it and was told it would be discarded with the rest of the hosptial garbage.
The second that baby was put in that cold metal bowl and I couldn't swallow to save my life, I switched from being pro-choice to pro-life.
That's ridiculous. A fetus that was going to be disposed of wouldn't be preserved in formaldehyde. It also wouldn't be "discarded with the rest of the hosptial garbage." You insinuate that medical facilities had no protocols for biohazard waste disposal in the '70's.
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

#285297 Feb 20, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>That's ridiculous. A fetus that was going to be disposed of wouldn't be preserved in formaldehyde. It also wouldn't be "discarded with the rest of the hosptial garbage." You insinuate that medical facilities had no protocols for biohazard waste disposal in the '70's.
It was thrown out one way or another. Hospitals have different types of wastes to be disposed of than, say, cafeterias. What else would they do with it? Abortions were taking place every day on that floor.
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

#285298 Feb 20, 2013
Bit-o-honey wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not being truthful. At no time would fetal remains be put in formaldehyde. Particularly when it was medical waste.
Is your argument so weak you have to lie? This is the second time you've done this, lying about something in a hospital.
I'm sorry to have to tell you but that's exactly what they did with it. Saw it with my own eyes.

Like I said before, it's something you don't forget.

That was almost four decades ago. Things are different now. They just empty out the vacuum suction containers. Probably throw that out with other hospital waste too.

Sounds barbaric, I know but, sadly, that's what we're becoming.
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

#285299 Feb 20, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
What?
Do they check the box that says "Pay for this out of federal funds"?
Har har
Hi Carol.
Hi Tenzing!!

Did things get too crazy for you too on the insanity thread? Or are you just dropping by for a visit?

Just don't scare off anyone now, y'hear?
Bit-O-Honey

Mooresville, NC

#285300 Feb 20, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry to have to tell you but that's exactly what they did with it. Saw it with my own eyes.
You are lying. I was also a nurse in the 60's and 70's in Georgia, and formaldehyde was not used at or after procedures. Ever.
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

#285301 Feb 20, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Yes. Yes, "their highnesses" do tell everyone what the constitution says--which is what the constitution itself says. You should read it someday.
You are precisely why the founders did NOT make this a direct democracy--because you're too lazy and venal to learn or allow others their enumerated constitutional rights.
<quoted text>
The Judicial Branch was designed to interpret the laws, not dictate them.

When 9 people can make that kind of decision, especially concerning moral issues that are this controversial, something got turned around somewhere.

Why do states vote on same sex marriage and not abortion?

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#285302 Feb 20, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
When 9 people can make that kind of decision, especially concerning moral issues that are this controversial, something got turned around somewhere.
The DID interpret, based upon the Constitution, and overturned what were unconstitutional laws. That is the SCOTUS's JOB.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#285303 Feb 20, 2013
http://www.leftinalabama.com/diary/10456/pers...

This is outrageous.

Of course, that one Rep has effectively rendered the whole "personhood" argument moot, but calling a fetus the "largest organ in the body".

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#285304 Feb 20, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
It was thrown out one way or another. Hospitals have different types of wastes to be disposed of than, say, cafeterias. What else would they do with it? Abortions were taking place every day on that floor.
Why would they preserve the fetuses in formaldehyde before throwing it away? And, of course, now, you backtrack on saying that the fetus was thrown out with "rest of the hospital garbage." You were the one who had to be corrected, dear.
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

#285305 Feb 20, 2013
"Clinic workers may say they support a woman's right to choose, but they will also say that they do not want to see tiny hands and tiny feet....there is a great difference between the intellectual support of a woman's right to choose and the actual participation in the carnage of abortion. Because seeing body parts bothers the workers."
~Judith Fetrow, former clinic worker from San Francisco quoted in "Meet the Abortion Providers III"
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#285306 Feb 20, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
Clearly, there is a physical reaction for the guilty woman caused by the bitter water. Using the Strong's to translate key words back to Hebrew, there is no doubt these physical reactions are specifically to the womb and the other reproductive organs. They prove her guilt and what is her guilt?-- that she slept with another man.
Gtown finds these facts inconvenient.
STO, I am so fed up with the PLM and its followers right now .... am fuming! How can they have such an influence when they're doing nothing more than lying and manipulating like Scrappy Doo in the non-animated version of Scooby Doo?
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

#285307 Feb 20, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Why would they preserve the fetuses in formaldehyde before throwing it away? And, of course, now, you backtrack on saying that the fetus was thrown out with "rest of the hospital garbage." You were the one who had to be corrected, dear.
It was the first year abortions became legal. The hospital where I worked was one of the first in the state of Florida to perform them. Disposing aborted babies was something new too.

I don't know why they did it. Guess they didn't want to leave it in the metal bowl until it could be disposed of.

Most hospitals and clinics now have incinerators. Sounds much like the holocaust.
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

#285308 Feb 20, 2013
Bit-O-Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
You are lying. I was also a nurse in the 60's and 70's in Georgia, and formaldehyde was not used at or after procedures. Ever.
It could have been plain tap water. I didn't lift the lid.

All I know is the aborted baby was floating in a plastic container filled with some kind of fluid in the utility room where I had been told to leave it in a metal bowl until it was disposed of.

I remember staring at it and thinking something was very wrong.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#285309 Feb 20, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
It was the first year abortions became legal. The hospital where I worked was one of the first in the state of Florida to perform them. Disposing aborted babies was something new too.
I don't know why they did it. Guess they didn't want to leave it in the metal bowl until it could be disposed of.
Most hospitals and clinics now have incinerators. Sounds much like the holocaust.
New? You're lying. Hospitals had been disposing the results of spontaneous abortions all along. The same procedure would most certainly have been used for the results of an induced abortion. You're just making crap up.
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

#285310 Feb 20, 2013
Bit-O-Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
How long were you a nurse in the 70s?
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

#285311 Feb 20, 2013
Bit-o-honey wrote:
<quoted text>
A- abortion is not murder.
B- abortion was not murder before R v V wade.
You're not very bright.
This isn't considered murder?

Disclaimer: Don't click on this website if you have a weak stomach.

http://www.bing.com/images/search...

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#285312 Feb 20, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
This isn't considered murder?
Disclaimer: Don't click on this website if you have a weak stomach.
http://www.bing.com/images/search...
Those plastic baby dolls were murdered???? Ye Gods, someone call 911!!!

Do you realize that one of those pictures was a canine fetus?

Amazing, what one can do with Photoshop, isn't it?

No, abortion is not murder.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#285313 Feb 20, 2013
They interpret the constitution; they judge whether the law fits their interpretation. Our laws aren't about morality; they are about public safety and protecting rights.

States make their own laws concerning marriage; HOWEVER, those laws must be in line with federal constitution principles.
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 2 min Yankee Insider 314,596
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 min zion 52,343
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 5 min Hot -N- Heavy 10,825
The Slippery Slope is not Slippery Enough For t... 42 min Culture Auditor 1
News Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) 1 hr Save you lives 7,989
OBAMA is the BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Nov '10) 2 hr Enough 18,349
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER 3 hr scirocco 2,192
New York Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

New York People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]