Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310175 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

STO

Vallejo, CA

#285274 Feb 20, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you think in Gods eyes, He knows what one is thinking in their heart?
If one is going to be guilty, they might as well do it, no?
What are you talking about?
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#285275 Feb 20, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
Every bible-believing church on the planet uses contributions on the part of its members for community outreach.
It's a big part of what churches do. Protestants and Catholics alike. Much to their credit, the Catholic Church focuses very much of their resources on the poor and providing comfort and shelter.
Food pantries, benevolence funds, reaching those in need and offering hope is a good thing, isn't it?
They also have to pay the bills too, of course. Most church members would rather worship out of the heat, rain and cold. Souls are saved because churches open their doors to anyone.
IF the catholic church helps the poor, why do they charge the 'poor' to attend their schools?

A lot of the money goes to the Vatican. And of course, legal fees. They are closing a lot of schools and don't seem to care where thousands of kids will go. Essentially, turning their backs on them. I guess that's the christian way.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#285276 Feb 20, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
PP does more abortions than anybody else. It is their purpose to abort a fetus that mom doesn't want.
No, it is not. Again, you're just lying.
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#285277 Feb 20, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes religion can be used for making money or rape of kids, or keeping people locked into bondage, if used wrong, but that has nothing to do witg a real God. A God which sacraficed so much for us ALL.
A God which gives All of us free will.
You either have free will OR you are a robot.
We didn't get a choice in the matter. It would be the same, if you were god and created these tiny people.
These people who are never thankful for guppy, and never thankful for what good things they do have, always wanting more, and more, but not wanting to give anything.
Plus as bad as things can be for people here on earth, eternity will make this life mighty short.
I have a million questions, but again I only started believing in God, after He woke me up.
He saved me.
He changed me.
He has blessed me.
He has blessed my home.
He has blessed my country.
My country has turned away from Him.
We think nothing of stopping the tiny hearts of over 3000 humans a day, and get all upset when 20 humans, that are just a few years older are killed.
Well we should be upset for both!
Right now you don't want to meet God in Heaven, becouse you will meet Him as your judge.
We were either created by God, or nothing exploded into all we see. Gods word says that you should be able to look at the earth, and moon, starts, sun, and realize that there is a creator.
I see.

Don't you find it hard to believe that ONE person created all of this? Ponder that.
Forum

Hobbs, NM

#285278 Feb 20, 2013
There are dolls now that look like real
newborn babies.
Gtown71

United States

#285279 Feb 20, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are not a child of God, the devil is your father?
Kind of like 'Rosemary's Baby?'
I don't know what a rosemary's baby is, but yes people either are a born again child of God, or they belong to their father, the devil. No matter if they are what you call very good people, or very bad people. They may be very religious, or not, but it doesn't matter. Women can be virgins or whores. The same for men. Once they've crossed Gods line of accountability, then they must choose.

Some will never reach that point, and only God knows who belong to Him. Just like in anything in life worth anything, your true hearts desire overrides anything you claim to do or be with God.

For years I had no no no desire for anything of God, and could Not understand why any one would, alot was for the very reasons you give, but now and for the last 12+ years, I just wish I could shake them awake and show them what the truth is, and how God is real!
STO

Vallejo, CA

#285280 Feb 20, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
She had a choice, she could have just told her husband what she did, right?
She claimed she didn't.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#285281 Feb 20, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Thou shall not murder. It was murder until Roe v Wade, but I'm sure that didn't change God's mind.
Maybe He would have held silent prayer at PP facilities to protest against the unjustice of abortion.
It's never been murder.
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#285282 Feb 20, 2013
Forum wrote:
There are dolls now that look like real
newborn babies.
They're cool looking and they don't cry.
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#285283 Feb 20, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know what a rosemary's baby is, but yes people either are a born again child of God, or they belong to their father, the devil. No matter if they are what you call very good people, or very bad people. They may be very religious, or not, but it doesn't matter. Women can be virgins or whores. The same for men. Once they've crossed Gods line of accountability, then they must choose.
Some will never reach that point, and only God knows who belong to Him. Just like in anything in life worth anything, your true hearts desire overrides anything you claim to do or be with God.
For years I had no no no desire for anything of God, and could Not understand why any one would, alot was for the very reasons you give, but now and for the last 12+ years, I just wish I could shake them awake and show them what the truth is, and how God is real!
Why don't you become a missionary in Africa?
Met two Mormons in a train station in France. They were running around trying to convert people. The girl came up to us because we couldn't speak French and needed to know if we were in the right place. She spoke English and French. Anyway, when they told us they were Mormon missionaries, I guess they saw the look on our faces and decided not to TRY to convert us. I think we may have giggled a little and rolled our eyes.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#285284 Feb 20, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
By law, federal funding cannot be allocated for abortions. However, opponents argue that allocating money to Planned Parenthood for the provision of other medical services "frees up" funds to be re-allocated for abortion.
This is the problem.
Also, phone cameras have recorded numerous incidences where employees of Planned Parenthood simply ignore the law.
A bigger problem.
What?

Do they check the box that says "Pay for this out of federal funds"?

Har har

Hi Carol.
Gtown71

United States

#285285 Feb 20, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Nope. You're outright lying
<quoted text>
There are many verses about killing of innocence, babes in the mothers womb, etc, but even if God was for abortion, the bible is pretty clear about fornication, which is the number one reason for abortion. As far as christians -they are told to trust the Lord, and having an abortion becouse you don't feel "ready " or becouse of money, is doing everything but trusting in the Lord. The Bible is full of Bad news for us sinners. Which is ALL of us, BUT it also tells us the wonderful news of how Gods only begotten Son, died for our sins, and ALL who put their faith and trust in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life :)
Gtown71

United States

#285286 Feb 20, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
Geez. I wish I had a nickel for every time a fellow Christian on this thread told me I'm going to hell.
With Gtown, I'd be up at least $25. lol
I never said you were going to Hell sto.
This would be where you would call me a liar,but you know what you are, and when you do wrong. You're the very first one to know.

I said you don't mind holding your "friends " hands as they go off into Hell, but if you have been born again and know that Jesus christ saved your soul, then you will be going to Heaven, it just seems if you know you're going to Heaven, then you would want your "friends " to go as well, or atleast warn them of what's to come?!?!?!
Gtown71

United States

#285287 Feb 20, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
I see.
Don't you find it hard to believe that ONE person created all of this? Ponder that.
I would say impossible for one man to do all this, but nothing for One Big God.
Gtown71

United States

#285288 Feb 20, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
IF the catholic church helps the poor, why do they charge the 'poor' to attend their schools?
A lot of the money goes to the Vatican. And of course, legal fees. They are closing a lot of schools and don't seem to care where thousands of kids will go. Essentially, turning their backs on them. I guess that's the christian way.
It seems like you've either had a bad experience with a catholic church, or just going by the actions of a few.
Cops, teachers, priest, or preachers don't just "go bad ", they always were bad. All need Jesus for salvation. ALL means ALL
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

#285289 Feb 20, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
No, and I never want to.
You say it is fully formed. I thought everyone (here) says they take the baby out in pieces?
Why is it in a container of formaldehyde? Don't they discard it?
This was back in the mid 1970s when saline solution was only used in abortions. After the saline killed the baby - took most of the day - the mother was induced and the dead baby was delivered vaginally. The baby in question was 14 weeks' gestation, a boy, had all four extremities, fingers, toes, fingernails and facial features.

I had to carry the dead baby in a cold metal bowl to the storage room on the floor. When I came back later, it was floating in a plastic container of formaldehyde. I asked someone what would become of it and was told it would be discarded with the rest of the hosptial garbage.

The second that baby was put in that cold metal bowl and I couldn't swallow to save my life, I switched from being pro-choice to pro-life.
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

#285290 Feb 20, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
If the democrats would agree to school vouchers, parents could decide if they wanted to send their child to a Catholic school and it wouldn't cost a penny.

Same with all private schools.

I frown on the lavishness in some churches as well as the importance of a "pecking order" or a hierarchy. But there are many Catholics whose heart is in the right place and their outreach to the poor can't be criticized.

Didn't know about them closing their schools.
Bit-o-honey

Mooresville, NC

#285293 Feb 20, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Thou shall not murder. It was murder until Roe v Wade,
A- abortion is not murder.

B- abortion was not murder before R v V wade.

You're not very bright.
Bit-o-honey

Mooresville, NC

#285294 Feb 20, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
This was back in the mid 1970s when saline solution was only used in abortions. After the saline killed the baby - took most of the day - the mother was induced and the dead baby was delivered vaginally. The baby in question was 14 weeks' gestation, a boy, had all four extremities, fingers, toes, fingernails and facial features.
I had to carry the dead baby in a cold metal bowl to the storage room on the floor. When I came back later, it was floating in a plastic container of formaldehyde. I asked someone what would become of it and was told it would be discarded with the rest of the hosptial garbage.
The second that baby was put in that cold metal bowl and I couldn't swallow to save my life, I switched from being pro-choice to pro-life.
You are not being truthful. At no time would fetal remains be put in formaldehyde. Particularly when it was medical waste.

Is your argument so weak you have to lie? This is the second time you've done this, lying about something in a hospital.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#285296 Feb 20, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
That's ridiculous. A fetus that was going to be disposed of wouldn't be preserved in formaldehyde. It also wouldn't be "discarded with the rest of the hosptial garbage." You insinuate that medical facilities had no protocols for biohazard waste disposal in the '70's.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 23 min osangaope 53,926
Time to go? 27 min Burke Devlin 483
News Tobacconist will open financial district shop 1 hr ganeshbam 4
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Dec '14) 2 hr Maude 4,854
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 3 hr FuMan Chu Yanks 318,098
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 3 hr Paul Yanks 35,984
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 3 hr White_Lightning 11,831
More from around the web

New York People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

New York Mortgages