Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310175 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

#284112 Feb 15, 2013
So far, I've enjoyed being on this thread having strong feelings and opinions about abortion. Bet you couldn't tell.

Hope everyone has a nice day.

Later.
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#284113 Feb 15, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
This is off topic...but did anyone else see some of the videos of the meteor that whizzed right above Russia today injuring more than 1000 people?
Am intending to look at NASA's site in a while. I heard some reports on the car radio, but one from Bob Rivers came with funny commentary, "Media's last message to the world will be,'Everything's going to be fine.'" This following the initial reports that an expected asteroid would not impact earth in any way. But even that is in dispute as some say the meteorite could be a precursor to it and others say there's no connection.

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

#284114 Feb 15, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
It's good to be a little needy. Spoiled people suck.
You spoiled, counselor?
Wouldn't you want to know.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#284115 Feb 15, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Hopefully she'll see for herself.
Provided these don't get pulled.
:\
How interesting. I did in fact sign out, and I did in fact see that three of my posts, all directed to Doc, are missing. 1. The one answering his question. 2. The one giving him the number of that post. 3. One today posting links to the two previously mentioned posts. All three...gone.

I guess Doc needs to be coddled by some mod/bud who is working behind the scenes for him.

Screw Doc then, it's on him. I know I wrote those posts, and I know they were removed...and I know they were the ONLY ones I wrote that were removed.
Ray

Lincoln City, OR

#284116 Feb 15, 2013
Abortion is a crime against humanity. It also breaks the doctor's oath to do no harm.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#284118 Feb 15, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
What an awful way to live, needing to grasp at straws to be able to live life on lifes terms. Like you said, we don't know (although wackos like gtown an saphirre say they know) what will happen after we die.
Again, you don't believe, so your views of what is to come will vary greatly with those who have some belief in an afterlife! They don't grasp at straws, but develop a discipline and a lifestyle to accommodate their beliefs, just like those who don't!
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#284119 Feb 15, 2013
Niether of the Above wrote:
<quoted text>Again, you don't believe, so your views of what is to come will vary greatly with those who have some belief in an afterlife! They don't grasp at straws, but develop a discipline and a lifestyle to accommodate their beliefs, just like those who don't!
Don't believe what? Who said I don't believe in some form if an afterlife? I've simply stayed i dont know. All I've done is quetiom the absurd claims of those who claim to "know" what happens after we die.

This is the key difference between people like gtown and me; I do not regard by beliefs as absolute truth and I remain open to other possibilities. I am not enslaved by what I "believe".
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#284120 Feb 15, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
How interesting. I did in fact sign out, and I did in fact see that three of my posts, all directed to Doc, are missing. 1. The one answering his question. 2. The one giving him the number of that post. 3. One today posting links to the two previously mentioned posts. All three...gone.
I guess Doc needs to be coddled by some mod/bud who is working behind the scenes for him.
Screw Doc then, it's on him. I know I wrote those posts, and I know they were removed...and I know they were the ONLY ones I wrote that were removed.
It's ridiculous. Last year, during that crappy accusation from NR that I somehow supported infanticide, informative posts with links weren't showing up at all.

There's a guy connected to lila rose (that little sneak who passes herself off as a minor in PP and tapes/records it) who is also connected to a couple corps. that run medicaid (the feds privatized this social services back in the '90s and these are in all 50 states, plus have gone international). He won a PLM award a couple summers ago and it peeked my interest. Almost every one of those posts is yanked and never sees the light of day. Yet everything I post is public, found on the internet, with no harm meant.

But shouldn't Americans be aware of their social programs, who's running these, and their affiliation with the PLM? Especially when they're the ones who are always threatening to cut these programs to single moms?!
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#284121 Feb 15, 2013
Ray wrote:
Abortion is a crime against humanity. It also breaks the doctor's oath to do no harm.
You've heard of the United Nations?
According to their international laws, abortion is not a crime against humanity. Forced pregnancy is, though. You can confirm this from their website.

What say you to that?

Location hidden

#284122 Feb 15, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't believe what? Who said I don't believe in some form if an afterlife? I've simply stayed i dont know. All I've done is quetiom the absurd claims of those who claim to "know" what happens after we die.
This is the key difference between people like gtown and me; I do not regard by beliefs as absolute truth and I remain open to other possibilities. I am not enslaved by what I "believe".
I humbly apologize for a poor assumption on my part. So, if I understand you correctly, your issue is not If there is an afterlife, it is just what kind of afterlife and how can anyone know for sure?

Location hidden

#284123 Feb 15, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
You've heard of the United Nations?
According to their international laws, abortion is not a crime against humanity. Forced pregnancy is, though. You can confirm this from their website.
What say you to that?
Those are the guys in the little blue helmets, right? Run around the world attempting to keep peace!
Anonymous

United States

#284124 Feb 15, 2013
<quoted text>
I'm glad you were just as incredulous. Stars are billions of years old!
Well ofcourse, I believe that stars are no older then 7,000 years, but either way they are old.

Evolution theory and mine, takes faith either way.
Mainly, becouse we debate if Jesus Christ really walked on this earth just 2000 years ago, so to believe in millions or billions would take faith, in what others believe.
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#284125 Feb 15, 2013
Niether of the Above wrote:
<quoted text>I humbly apologize for a poor assumptionte on my part. So, if I understand you correctly, your issue is not If there is an afterlife, it is just what kind of afterlife and how can anyone know for sure?
My issue is with anyone who claims to know what happens after we die, like gtown and sapphire have claimed. It is the heiight or arrogance.
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#284126 Feb 15, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well ofcourse, I believe that stars are no older then 7,000 years, but either way they are old.
Mainly, becouse we debate if Jesus Christ really walked on this earth just 2000 years ago, so to believe in millions or billions would take faith, in what others believe.
You are a slave to your beliefs so much that you refuse to accept differing ideas and possibilities.

Remain willingly ignorant, jonnycakes.

Continue to keep your nose pointed upward and your head buried in thevsand.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#284127 Feb 15, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
It's ridiculous. Last year, during that crappy accusation from NR that I somehow supported infanticide, informative posts with links weren't showing up at all.
There's a guy connected to lila rose (that little sneak who passes herself off as a minor in PP and tapes/records it) who is also connected to a couple corps. that run medicaid (the feds privatized this social services back in the '90s and these are in all 50 states, plus have gone international). He won a PLM award a couple summers ago and it peeked my interest. Almost every one of those posts is yanked and never sees the light of day. Yet everything I post is public, found on the internet, with no harm meant.
But shouldn't Americans be aware of their social programs, who's running these, and their affiliation with the PLM? Especially when they're the ones who are always threatening to cut these programs to single moms?!
Do you see post # 284117? Or is it now gone?

I'm now very disgusted. Here I am being called a liar and wondering how it is Doc is missing all these posts. Now I come to find out that these posts have magically been pulled. What a nice little scam Doc has got going on here.

The info you're referencing sounds very relevant, so why should it be pulled? And why should you not be able to sign in? This is outrageous, and I now have a complete mistrust of Doc.

If it wasn't for some troll I wouldn't even know this was going on. I'd be wasting my time arguing this out for who knows how long.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#284128 Feb 15, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
7,000 years?

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#284129 Feb 15, 2013
<quoted text>
I'm now very disgusted. Here I am being called a liar and wondering how it is Doc is missing all these posts. Now I come to find out that these posts have magically been pulled. What a nice little scam Doc has got going on here.
The info you're referencing sounds very relevant, so why should it be pulled? And why should you not be able to sign in? This is outrageous, and I now have a complete mistrust of Doc.
If it wasn't for some troll I wouldn't even know this was going on. I'd be wasting my time arguing this out for who knows how long.
FYI,

I don't see post 284117. It goes from 284116 to 284118.

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#284130 Feb 15, 2013
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833...
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#284131 Feb 15, 2013
<quoted text>
No, LNM, it's gone :(

You know what I find amazing? How someone can post pages and pages of verbal vomit without getting 'em yanked. Who needs substance when it's all about who you know?
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#284132 Feb 15, 2013
Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
FYI,
I don't see post 284117. It goes from 284116 to 284118.
Censorship sucks!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 12 min YANKEES 4 LIFE 318,067
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 17 min _Zoey_ 11,823
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 18 min _Zoey_ 10,309
Run,Run, Run, The Republicans are Coming! (Jan '11) 29 min De Oppresso Liber 1,889
OBAMA is the BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Nov '10) 32 min Guinness Drinker 19,526
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Dec '14) 46 min Hello 4,808
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 47 min OzRitz 53,903
More from around the web

New York People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

New York Mortgages