Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
266,701 - 266,720 of 305,456 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#284000 Feb 14, 2013
Niether of the Above wrote:
<quoted text>Can you post some links or some level of proof. And what is a Catholic Country? To my knowledge, albit limited, the Pope of Rome only physically governs the Vatican in Rome.
"DUBLIN, Nov 23 (Reuters)- Ireland has opened a new investigation into the death of a woman denied an abortion of her dying foetus, as the government scrambled to stem criticism of its handling of an incident that polarised the overwhelmingly Catholic country."
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/11/23/ire...

"While the topic has a lower profile in western Europe, abortion has still spurred debate, notably in predominantly Roman Catholic countries like Italy and France."
<snip>
"But in Poland, legislators last month restored a positive right to life law and scrapped a 1996 law that had allowed abortion.

In Colombia, as in much of Latin America, abortion is illegal. Peru bans abortion except in cases where it would save the life of the woman, and the issue is not publicly controversial."
http://www.euthanasia.com/globe.html

"Nicaragua’s revised Penal Code stipulates prison sentences for girls and women who seek an abortion and for health professionals who provide health services associated with abortion. Only 3% of the world’s countries have such absolute bans in place.

The new Code introduces criminal sanctions for doctors and nurses who treat a pregnant woman or girl for illnesses such as cancer, malaria, HIV/AIDS or cardiac emergencies where such treatment is contraindicated in pregnancy and may cause injury to or death of the embryo or foetus.

It even goes as far as punishing girls and women who have suffered a miscarriage, as in many cases it is impossible to distinguish spontaneous from induced abortions."
http://www.amnesty.org/fr/node/11562

This is what you want America to become. This is what y'all want for American women, for their daughters, granddaughters. There is no freedom in this act of criminalizing abortion. There is just more death, more punishment.

The countries with the least restrictions on abortion have the least incidences of abortion. You guys are going about this the wrong way.
Anonymous

United States

#284001 Feb 14, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
But I do know where I'm going. However, it has nothing to do with arrogance and everything to do with faith.
Do you know for sure where you're going?
Look up Dr. Eben Alexander, a neurosurgeon. He was a scientific naysayer about near death experiences until his own.
Very fascinating story.
I just finished reading that book, and I don't normaly read very many books. Lol, but I also found it fascinating, but as with anything, two people can read the same book, and come away with two different views, but they had those views, before they read the book.
welcome to the topix, by the way (:
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#284002 Feb 14, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>lol. I held my friend's baby all evening, two days ago. No burning... sorry. Btw, mommy of the baby is pro-life. We are extremely close friends. Again, my dear... so sorry. Some people know how to be friends.
I am shocked that someone would let YOU hold their baby. They must have been desperate.
Poor baby must have been terrified by your strange face. I bet when the mother wasn't looking, you would pinch the baby and make it cry.
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#284003 Feb 14, 2013
Someone put a muzzle on that (Elise) woman.
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#284005 Feb 14, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
http://cobbpregnancy.org/abort ion2.htm
Saline
Procedure
Usually performed at 16+ weeks when there is enough amniotic fluid, in the sac around the fetus. A long needle is inserted through the mother's abdomen (usually through her navel) directly into the amniotic sac. Some of the amniotic fluid is drawn out and replaced with a strong salt solution.
The saline is absorbed through the lungs and digestive tract of the fetus, and the outer layer of skin is burned off by the high concentration of salt.
...Saline being absorbed through the lungs can be interpreted as drowning. Can it not?
Saline abortion was found to be too dangerous on the women. Even in the mid-'70s physicians were reporting complications of it.

For those interested in current techniques:

"Induction abortions must be done in a hospital so that you can be monitored during the entire procedure. Less than 1% of therapeutic abortions in the United States use an induction method. Induction abortions may be used more in other countries around the world where skilled health professionals are not available or trained to perform D&amp;E procedures."
http://women.webmd.com/induction-abortion

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#284006 Feb 14, 2013
Guppy wrote:
Someone put a muzzle on that (Elise) woman.
You're creeping me out with your weirdly intense interest in me. Go away, single white female.
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#284007 Feb 14, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
You're pretty cocky for someone so ignorant and who can't read for comprehension.
Katie: "Big L, you call this "non-existant"?! "
No, dummy, I called your lack of providing proof up to THIS point, non-existant, because it was.
The ones not being adult in discussion and having temper tantrums are the fools like you who play games rather than just prove their claims.
It's not like your track record of proving your claims is good. Your credibility can't afford for you not to prove what you claim.
The main reason I wanted you to prove your claim, is because you're usually wrong, and it requires you providing what you read that you interpretted the way you did.
You finally provided it, so we can take a look at it.
"Human AF also contains factors that alter metabolism of
opiates. Placental opioid enhancing factor has been found in
placentae and AF of rats, and in placentae of humans and
dolphins.51 In cows and rats, maternal ingestion of AF enhances
opioid-mediated analgesia. This effect has not been studied in
humans."
Do you know the difference between placentae and amniotic fluid? That would be a good place for you to start, in order for you to get what this is actually saying. Placenta opioid is found in placentas and aminotic fluid of rats, but only in placentas of humans and dolphins. NOT in the human amniotic fluid.
Human amniotic fluid contains factors that ALTER metabolism of opiates. It then speaks of [maternal ingestion] of amniotic fluid, not fetal ingestion of it; "In cows and rats, maternal ingestion of AF enhances opioid-mediated analgesia." Then it goes on to say, this effect has NOT been studied in HUMANS.
You failed to prove your claim that amniotic fluid in humans has an anesthetic.
What? What did you think HUMAN AF was?

All anyone has to go is pull old posts of mine going back to 2006, 2007 to see for themselves I have provided back-up for what I've claimed. Bona fide objective unbiased verification.

Just because you didn't see it doesn't mean it isn't there. Just because you didn't read it doesn't mean it's there. And just because you don't understand what you're reading, throw in your wishful thinking, twist a few words and fling some sh*t hoping something sticks doesn't mean others don't or can't see through your desperate ploys trying to discredit those on the PC side of the aisle. Your transparency is lacking.

Until you can debate appropriately, do not expect discussion with me.
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#284008 Feb 14, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
You're pretty cocky for someone so ignorant and who can't read for comprehension.
Katie: "Big L, you call this "non-existant"?! "
No, dummy, I called your lack of providing proof up to THIS point, non-existant, because it was.
The ones not being adult in discussion and having temper tantrums are the fools like you who play games rather than just prove their claims.
It's not like your track record of proving your claims is good. Your credibility can't afford for you not to prove what you claim.
The main reason I wanted you to prove your claim, is because you're usually wrong, and it requires you providing what you read that you interpretted the way you did.
You finally provided it, so we can take a look at it.
opiates. Placental opioid enhancing factor has been found in
placentae and AF of rats, and in placentae of humans and
dolphins.51 In cows and rats, maternal ingestion of AF enhances
opioid-mediated analgesia. This effect has not been studied in
humans."
Do you know the difference between placentae and amniotic fluid? That would be a good place for you to start, in order for you to get what this is actually saying. Placenta opioid is found in placentas and aminotic fluid of rats, but only in placentas of humans and dolphins. NOT in the human amniotic fluid.
Human amniotic fluid contains factors that ALTER metabolism of opiates. It then speaks of [maternal ingestion] of amniotic fluid, not fetal ingestion of it; "In cows and rats, maternal ingestion of AF enhances opioid-mediated analgesia." Then it goes on to say, this effect has NOT been studied in HUMANS.
You failed to prove your claim that amniotic fluid in humans has an anesthetic.
My claim was not what you say above. STOP twisting my words.

My claim was always that the amniotic fluid acts as an anesthetic. It does so my the process described. The very process you are trying to dispute above.

THAT is why debating with you is pointless. You do NOT understand what you read. And since your only goal is trying to discredit the opposition, you twist what is said, and then twist the verification provided.

And THEN you SMUGLY sit back and accuse others of being wrong when they're not.

Do not bother responding to me. I am right and you know it.

Do not expect any further discussion from me even if you do begin to debate like an adult. I am finally on to you, it is finally proven with your BS above.

(and the same for your little dogs too)
Forum

Hobbs, NM

#284009 Feb 14, 2013
jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
But you don't know, you just think you know. It is the height of arrogance to think you know what happens after we die.
Cling to your delusuons all you want.
Being murdered sends you straight to heaven. I am sure Osama
Bin Laden is enjoying his feast.
Forum

Hobbs, NM

#284010 Feb 14, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
All anyone has to go is pull old posts of mine going back to 2006, 2007 to see for themselves I have provided back-up for what I've claimed. Bona fide objective unbiased verification.
Just because you didn't see it doesn't mean it isn't there. Just because you didn't read it doesn't mean it's there. And just because you don't understand what you're reading, throw in your wishful thinking, twist a few words and fling some sh*t hoping something sticks doesn't mean others don't or can't see through your desperate ploys trying to discredit those on the PC side of the aisle. Your transparency is lacking.
How can man be so dumb to study with rats? Gross.
He makes them bigger in New York because of the filth there.
Why is it so hard to clean our world?
How we shame him.
Forum

Hobbs, NM

#284011 Feb 14, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>lol. I held my friend's baby all evening, two days ago. No burning... sorry. Btw, mommy of the baby is pro-life. We are extremely close friends. Again, my dear... so sorry. Some people know how to be friends.
I think you are crazy. The nuns were the real nurses.
Tender Loving Care.
witchway

East Islip, NY

#284012 Feb 14, 2013
No mention of the woman who just died after a late term abortion - eight months pregnant as reported -no honest discussion as usual. Poor woman, poor baby....What a world we now live in, it's so indifferent to suffering and death. Most just use current affairs to push their agendas. How pathetic are we? I can't help but sense a wake-up call is imminent. Hope I'm wrong.

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#284013 Feb 14, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Katie: "What? What did you think HUMAN AF was?"

You ignorant buffoon.
It's human amniotic fluid. Any other questions? I know what AF is.

opiates."

Human AF contains [factors] that ALTER METABOLISM of OPIATES. It does't contain opiates.

"Placental opioid enhancing factor has been found in
placentae and AF of rats,..." AF of RATS, dimwit, NOT human AF.

"...and in placentae of humans and dolphins."Placenta of umans, not AF.

"In cows and rats, maternal ingestion of AF enhances
opioid-mediated analgesia."
Cows and rats, NOT humans.
Not to mention that "maternal ingestion OF amniotic fluid" doesn't mean it's IN the amniotic fluid in utero.

"This effect has not been studied in humans."

^^Self-explanatory. Effect NOT studied in HUMANS.

"Katie: "All anyone has to go is pull old posts of mine going back to 2006, 2007 to see for themselves I have provided back-up for what I've claimed. Bona fide objective unbiased verification."

You mean like the same ignorant stupidity you think you're verifying now, with what you provided, which you clearly don't understand?

Epic fail, Toots.

Katie: "Until you can debate appropriately, do not expect discussion with me."

I don't care about discussion with ignorant little whiners like you. I'm proving you have no idea what you're talking about when you post, and I couldn't care less if you respond or not.

I'm the one debatng appropriately, because not only did I know you couldn't read for comprehension so you didn't have any idea what you were talking about, I knew you'd prove it.

You didn't understand one thing in what would say was proof of your claim; that human amniotic fluid acts as an anesthetic. That's NOT what you proved at all. You proved you don't have adult reading comprehension skills or intelligence.

YThis is what you provided: "In cows and rats, maternal ingestion of AF enhances
opioid-mediated analgesia."

Cows and rats, NOT humans.

This is what you proved: "This effect has not been studied in humans."

Forum

Hobbs, NM

#284014 Feb 14, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Every verse has a point to make, if you doubt some, you should just doubt all. I hear preachers who say, this is an unfortunate translation, and then they begin "with all of their wisdom " to tell us, what God really meant to say.
There are books writtten only to christians, and books that are mans view of the world, just like the moon. What do you say when the moon is bright?
Answer : you say wow, the moon sure is bright tonight.
You never here : wow -the sun sure is bright, making the moon reflect alot of light.
Plus, do stars not fall?
There have been a few songs about falling stars :)
There were no stars here for years.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#284015 Feb 14, 2013
witchway wrote:
No mention of the woman who just died after a late term abortion - eight months pregnant as reported -no honest discussion as usual. Poor woman, poor baby....What a world we now live in, it's so indifferent to suffering and death. Most just use current affairs to push their agendas. How pathetic are we? I can't help but sense a wake-up call is imminent. Hope I'm wrong.
Why didn't you provide a link to the story?

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#284016 Feb 14, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
My claim was not what you say above. STOP twisting my words.
My claim was always that the amniotic fluid acts as an anesthetic. It does so my the process described. The very process you are trying to dispute above.
THAT is why debating with you is pointless. You do NOT understand what you read. And since your only goal is trying to discredit the opposition, you twist what is said, and then twist the verification provided.
And THEN you SMUGLY sit back and accuse others of being wrong when they're not.
Do not bother responding to me. I am right and you know it.
Do not expect any further discussion from me even if you do begin to debate like an adult. I am finally on to you, it is finally proven with your BS above.
(and the same for your little dogs too)
Katie: "My claim was always that the amniotic fluid acts as an anesthetic. "

"Do not bother responding to me. I am right and you know it."

I'll respond and keep responding because you're not right. You're an ignorant buffoon who can't read for comprehension.

Doesn't matter, your claim was WRONG. See prior post, nit wit. And if you're going to say you're not discussing it than STAND BY THAT and shut up already, OR, stop saying it, because you look like you have no self-control. You want to stop but can't. That's all you're displaying.

You were proven WRONG with your own info, and you can't stop whining about how others respond to you. As I've said, you're victim act is old and boring.

Katie: "THAT is why debating with you is pointless. You do NOT understand what you read. And since your only goal is trying to discredit the opposition, you twist what is said, and then twist the verification provided.
And THEN you SMUGLY sit back and accuse others of being wrong when they're not."

^^^That's psychological projection, Toots. That's all about you.

What you provided clearly stated it was "Placental opioid enhancing factor has been found in... placentae of humans..."

PLACENTA of humans, NOT amniotic fluid, and that the effects from MATERNAL INGESTION of AF "enhances opioid-mediated analgesia" in COWS and RATS. The effect was NOT studied in HUMANS.

You can't make a claim that human amniotic fluid acts like an anesthetic in a human womb. You proved that's NOT a fact.

Forum

Hobbs, NM

#284017 Feb 14, 2013
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
she's a nut job. pay her no mind. claims to be a nurse. it's a running gag on here.
My sister claims to be a nurse. Aren't they just CNA's?
She is crazy. Makes me ill. They lose their soul
when they don't care. I love her kids. God help them.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#284018 Feb 14, 2013
Friggin idiot will keep arguing and prove that what she said about me really is about her.

Katie: "THAT is why debating with you is pointless. You do NOT understand what you read. And since your only goal is trying to discredit the opposition, you twist what is said, and then twist the verification provided."

That's what debating with that mental is, and what she does in debate.
witchway

East Islip, NY

#284019 Feb 14, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why didn't you provide a link to the story?
Just google it, it is true. Sorry to say.
Forum

Hobbs, NM

#284021 Feb 14, 2013
Forgive them Father for they know what they do.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 1 hr Fumamchu in Hawaii 307,473
Nassau/Suffolk High School Football (Nov '11) 1 hr SCFB 10,345
The Obama Epic FAIL BLOG (Feb '13) 2 hr Inane Opinion 560
Fox is going down (Dec '09) 3 hr - -SPOONER- - 5,463
USA and ISIS in Iraq 5 hr Opinion 49
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 7 hr Doug77 9,886
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 7 hr gcaveman1 46,326
•••

New York News Video

•••
•••

New York Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

New York People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••