Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 313657 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Katie

Auburn, WA

#281450 Feb 1, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Klueless Katiekins: "Perspective is everything. And you have none. Except for a fetus who's doomed anyway."
A "doomed fetus" - and, therefore, a fetus that must be intentionally & brutally killed - is only your malicious perspective.
Lily stand behind truth.
You, Katiekins, stand behind evil intent.
Unwanted/unhealthy fetuses are doomed. There's no way getting around that reality. I didn't make it up, I am stating it. You don't know what I stand for as your comprehension and prejudices against me prevent you from seeing what is clear. All you wrote above is nothing but BS created in your head. It has zero perspective or impact in the real world.
Guppy

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#281451 Feb 1, 2013
saasssylicious wrote:
<quoted text>YYou're a coward and you raised your daughter to be one.
You would support your grandchilds death(penalize her/him for just existing at an inconvenient time) but not want your daughter to own up and take responsibility?
Unfreaking real.
Tell me, suppose she wanted to keep her baby?
Being a coward isn't so bad. How does one raise their kid to be a coward? It comes from within.
What if she wanted to keep the baby? She's too intelligent to want that.
Abortion doesn't scare me the way it does you. You make the appointment, you go, have it done and go home. Doesn't sound cowardly to me. Your way does.
Babies having babies - shaking head.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#281452 Feb 1, 2013
bluestreak returns wrote:
<quoted text>
I personally find this "deranged militant feminist" schtick of yours amusing. Sure hope you haven't found a nursing job yet.
Who are you?
saasssylicious

Jackson, NJ

#281453 Feb 1, 2013
Here we go again...

Yet another girl claiming to not wanting kids but had them anyway and whines about it.

Actually This girls story is very common and my heart does go out to her. Many girls grow up in major dysfunction..example; having a selfish, self centered mom...perhaps one who neglected,abused or didnt't even put their children as top priority. They grew up being afraid to mother a child because they are afraid of becoming their mom or dad to their child.

Sad.
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just for you, sASSy, I decided to mix it up today, and post quotes from women who are happy NOT to be moms. Here are three of them.
http://www.secret-confessions.com/hate/hate-b...
Grateful says:
November 30, 2011 at 8:11 am
I just want to say “thank you” to all of the women on this site that have been brutally honest about what motherhood is like. It was a shock to take a look at reality and not what the media is always portraying motherhood to be. I have been “on the fence”, so to speak, for some time about whether or not to have a child. Your honesty has helped me decide to NOT have children.
Me says:
December 4, 2011 at 5:33 am
OMG dear ladies, after reading all the above I realize how happy I am to have no kids. never wanted them thou. Sending patience and strength your way.
no-babies-for-me says:
December 4, 2011 at 11:15 am
thank you everyone for all your stories. i am 24 and have never wanted or thought about having kids. i use all the protection i need so i dont have a mistake or accident. my ex tried hiding my birth control pills so i would get pregnant because he’s a little older and wanted a baby, i broke up with him and kicked him out. also i didn't have good role models in my life, my mom was on birth control when she got pregnant with me and so she obviously didn't want me, she was never around when i was growing up and my dad left when i was 5. im sorry for everyone who is going through so much crap for these brats. giving up your life sucks. and honestly i am too selfish and love doing what i want when i want without having to drag around a baby. i get angry when i see parents dragging their kids (especially if they have more than 1)around in public with them and the kids are acting bad or yelling and crying.
so thank you for all the words of encouragement and knowing how it really is to be a parent.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#281454 Feb 1, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>

God created evil, for without it there is no such thing as free will.
YHVH did not create evil.

“too busy lookin' good!”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#281455 Feb 1, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Who are you?
I'm bluestreak, and who the hell are you?
Guppy

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#281456 Feb 1, 2013
saasssylicious wrote:
<quoted text> Time to get with the times? What "times" is that exactly? Killing your baby will NEVER be in style. Legal today..yes.
Who says she would be "throwing her life away" by keeping her baby?
I don't know about you but I dont teach my children (by words or example) that killing is a solution to lifes problems. We are strong and we survive.
I think it's tragic that you've taught your daughter to disrespect life and to kill those who are in the way. How barbaric that killing is part of your solution. Why wouldn't you help your daughter?
FTR, you didn't read my post all the way. I was talking about in general us sinning and making life harder but having God to forgive us and help us.
Slow down!
Gee, you make it up as you go along.
Yes, abortion is in style. Didn't you get the memo?
Yes, it's legal and always will be. Get used to it.
Yes, a very young girl staying home with her baby is throwing her life away. You know it too.
Yes, you are strong, the rest of us are weak. Or is it the other way around/
Yes, we are barbaric, but we hide it well.
Yes, it's good to disrespect life. Whatever.
Yes, you are a religious freak. My heart bleeds for you because you are believing some strange shite. Hard to comprehend.
Yes, I would always help my daughter. She knows that. Wouldn't saddle her with a kid she didn't want. Like you!
Yes, you have all the answers.
Yes, I have some.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#281457 Feb 1, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
Do tell then how does someone get to Heaven?
There is a way that seems right to man "people ",but the end thereof leads to death.
Since all die physicaly, this is the secound death.
If you're only born once, you will die twice
If you're born twice, you never really die.
Jesus says you must be bornagain.
"Born again" is a poor translation. "Born from above" is accurate.
saasssylicious

Jackson, NJ

#281458 Feb 1, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Being a coward isn't so bad. How does one raise their kid to be a coward? It comes from within.
What if she wanted to keep the baby? She's too intelligent to want that.
Abortion doesn't scare me the way it does you. You make the appointment, you go, have it done and go home. Doesn't sound cowardly to me. Your way does.
Babies having babies - shaking head.
I asked you a question. Suppose she wants to keep her baby?

Mothers teaching their children to kill their own-shaking head.
Katie

Auburn, WA

#281459 Feb 1, 2013
saasssylicious wrote:
<quoted text> You are crazy. That's been established a long time ago.
What "middle ground" am I suppose to be searching for with you?
A better question is, WHY would you be interested in finding a middle ground?. Abortion is legal. You got what you wanted...4,000 babies will die today in this country alone.
Now go wipe the blood off your conscience.

Demonizing me or anyone else here doesn't have any impact in the real world or on the number of annual abortions.
Gtown71

United States

#281460 Feb 1, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>That's as succinct as you are capable of being, apparently. I guess, it will have to do.
Why use a 50 dollar word on a 5 dollar man? Lol
STO

Vallejo, CA

#281461 Feb 1, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good for you.
The Lords supper /mass is symbolic no matter how men have taught it.
Going to Heaven is either by grace or works.
It is either /or.
This is why we have sooo many different denominations now.
Justification and sanctification or two different things.
I like to put it this way.
If the blood of Jesus Christ is not enough to get me to Heaven, then I don't have a chance.
Not "either". Who is teaching you this stuff?

Grace alone, brother. Grace alone. Do you understand what grace is? By its very definition, it does not require works.
saasssylicious

Jackson, NJ

#281462 Feb 1, 2013
Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Deflecting and backpedaling again; ain't you dweeb?
Have you, or have you not say that if your daughter had an abortion, you'd wish her dead?
A- Yes
B- No
B

Feel free to prove otherwise.

Prove that i said"if my daughter had an aborfion, I'd want her dead".

Go on mah lil Latino studmuffin..put your money where your mouth is.

Kthanks.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#281463 Feb 1, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Demonizing me or anyone else here doesn't have any impact in the real world or on the number of annual abortions.
Sjm's entire argument is we (especially me!) are all evil and Satan possessed. Therefore, it stands to reason we would read her posts about how evil and Satan possessed we are and suddenly agree with everything she says. No rhyme or reason. Just BAM! I shoulda had a V8!
saasssylicious

Jackson, NJ

#281464 Feb 1, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee, you make it up as you go along.
Yes, abortion is in style. Didn't you get the memo?
Yes, it's legal and always will be. Get used to it.
Yes, a very young girl staying home with her baby is throwing her life away. You know it too.
Yes, you are strong, the rest of us are weak. Or is it the other way around/
Yes, we are barbaric, but we hide it well.
Yes, it's good to disrespect life. Whatever.
Yes, you are a religious freak. My heart bleeds for you because you are believing some strange shite. Hard to comprehend.
Yes, I would always help my daughter. She knows that. Wouldn't saddle her with a kid she didn't want. Like you!
Yes, you have all the answers.
Yes, I have some.
Hmmm...you talk in past tense. You claim that your daughter "didn't want" her kid.

Did your daughter abort? Did you?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#281465 Feb 1, 2013
saasssylicious wrote:
<quoted text>Thats reason a Christian gets Baptized. Then,Confirmation (which is confirming).
ROFLMAO! Uh no Skanky. That's NOT the reason Christian ADULTS are baptized and in FACT, different denominations do it for different reasons.

The ritual of baptizm for a newborn WAS indeed because of the idiot view of original sin, they frightened parents into thinking that a child that died would go to hell.

Fortunately, even the Vatcian changed their minds about that stupidity.

http://www.vatican.va/roman_curia/congregatio...

ADULTS can be baptized for many reason. J did it as an adult when she joined a church, and it was a requirement OF the church, but it had NOTHING to do with original sin. My daughter similarly did it as a formal joining of her church, and it was a conformation of Jesus as her Savior, again, ZERO to do with original sin.

FOr other sects of Christianity, its about becoming holy or pure. Even the Jewish faith has a version of this with the mikvah.
If you didn't know that then you don't know your daughter or gf's religion. I feel sorry for your daughter that she has a mother who did allow her to practice her religion.
YOu're pissy because I DID allow her to practice her faith?@@

You're a moron Skanky.

I certainly not only allowed her to practice it, I ENCOURAGED her to educate herself about not just hers, but others as well.
I don't believe you anyway but do enlighten us on why they don't believe and why theey would be re-Baptized @@
Its called Anabaptism Skankdawg, and its been explained factually. Deal with it.

“GO BLACKHAWKS!!”

Since: Dec 07

Home of Lord Stanley!

#281466 Feb 1, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text><snipped>
I'm not trying to do what pro choice folks do, and have always said the same thing. The bible says (Jesus speaking) ye must be born again. I've never waivered from that yet.
It doesn't matter if people claim to be catholic, baptist, jewish, morman, or a moron. They must be born again.
I must respectfully disagree with you. Catholicism does not believe in being "born again". We have the Sacrament of Baptism, the Sacrament of Holy Communion and the Sacrament of Confirmation which all solidify and complete the initiation into Catholicism.

If anything, if a Catholic has fallen away from the religion and wishes to return to it, they can go to confession, ask for forgiveness and do penance but that's not considered being "born again".
saasssylicious

Jackson, NJ

#281467 Feb 1, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm just trying to understand how you tick?
You keep thinking everyone just loves to have abortions. That is so untrue. No one wants to kill a little baby. No one. You think you are superior because you claim to be pro-life. Everyone is pro-life, not just you.
You should look at both sides. I have.
Don't let your fellow proaborts here you call abortion "killing a little baby".

How can a woman who "kills a little baby" be prolife?

You're a strange egg..

Unbalanced.
Katie

Auburn, WA

#281468 Feb 1, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
Sjm's entire argument is we (especially me!) are all evil and Satan possessed. Therefore, it stands to reason we would read her posts about how evil and Satan possessed we are and suddenly agree with everything she says. No rhyme or reason. Just BAM! I shoulda had a V8!
LOL Exactly! Don't forget the crazy card, too. Crazy killers with blood on our consciences. And all because we believe women should hang on to their civil rights to privacy and autonomy.
Katie

Auburn, WA

#281469 Feb 1, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO! Uh no Skanky. That's NOT the reason Christian ADULTS are baptized and in FACT, different denominations do it for different reasons.
The ritual of baptizm for a newborn WAS indeed because of the idiot view of original sin, they frightened parents into thinking that a child that died would go to hell.
Fortunately, even the Vatcian changed their minds about that stupidity.
http://www.vatican.va/roman_curia/congregatio...
ADULTS can be baptized for many reason. J did it as an adult when she joined a church, and it was a requirement OF the church, but it had NOTHING to do with original sin. My daughter similarly did it as a formal joining of her church, and it was a conformation of Jesus as her Savior, again, ZERO to do with original sin.
FOr other sects of Christianity, its about becoming holy or pure. Even the Jewish faith has a version of this with the mikvah.
<quoted text>
YOu're pissy because I DID allow her to practice her faith?@@
You're a moron Skanky.
I certainly not only allowed her to practice it, I ENCOURAGED her to educate herself about not just hers, but others as well.
<quoted text>
Its called Anabaptism Skankdawg, and its been explained factually. Deal with it.
JM's in top form, today, Foo. It's all cool. She's forgiven.
<rolls eyes>

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Reasons to cheer For President Obama One, Two..... (Apr '12) 24 min 2 Dogs 1,331
Fox is going down (Dec '09) 28 min 2 Dogs 6,975
We VS We (Nov '09) 30 min 2 Dogs 2,406
Another Republican Bites the Dust!! (Dec '11) 32 min 2 Dogs 1,002
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 35 min jimi-yank 43,467
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 36 min FORREST 16,149
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 36 min FORREST 17,799
President Trump's first 100 days - Roadmap to D... 45 min NEMO 2,913
Topix Human Sexuality Forum Discontinued (Jun '16) 10 hr True 1,085

New York Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

New York Mortgages