Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 320259 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Guppy

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#281429 Feb 1, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
I know straight guys who make the same claim. Do all straight guys' lives center around sex? There's also the probability that he was kidding.
<quoted text>
Are you gay?

Do all straight guys lives center around sex? I don't know. No one has confided in me. There's always that possibility. Getting a woman to go along with it could be a problem, though.

He wasn't kidding. He was very serious. Why does he have to be kidding? Why can't he be telling the truth?

Are you gay?
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#281430 Feb 1, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you'd remember JM and I were conversing.
You butted right in.
Your ad homs have as much impact as you do.
Or as little.
Perspective is everything. And you have none. Except for a fetus who's doomed anyway.
Klueless Katiekins: "Perspective is everything. And you have none. Except for a fetus who's doomed anyway."

A "doomed fetus" - and, therefore, a fetus that must be intentionally & brutally killed - is only your malicious perspective.

Lily stand behind truth.

You, Katiekins, stand behind evil intent.
Guppy

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#281431 Feb 1, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Because its funny to mess with people that carry foolish stereotypes already in their heads.
Foolish stereotypes? Like you have never done that? OK.
saasssylicious

Jackson, NJ

#281433 Feb 1, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
I would be very sad.
I would ask her what she wanted to do/keep it or have an abortion.
I'm 99% sure she would have an abortion.
I would totally agree.
A proaborts daughter aborting her child. Simply shocking! I'd never have guessed :/

Why would you want your daughter to kill her baby..your grandchild?

How sad is right.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#281434 Feb 1, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not trying to do what pro choice folks do, and have always said the same thing. The bible says (Jesus speaking) ye must be born again. I've never waivered from that yet.
It doesn't matter if people claim to be catholic, baptist, jewish, morman, or a moron. They must be born again.
If someone has a " personal "relationship with Jesus christ, then they have been born again. If someone can remember any time in their life, when they met God, and they had a change within themselves, then they have been born again.
Is all who claim to be catholic going to heaven? It would be crazy to think so, but not all who claim to be catholic are even catholic.
It goes the same the other way, will all catholics go to hell "as you suggested I said " it would be equaly crazy to say that as well.
jThere are many groups /denominations /religions /or clubs that claim they are the only ones going to heaven.
Church of christ is one of these groups. I was a member of the coc from bitth till age 9, but what I'm saying is, it has nothing to do with salvation, as far as what "church " you belong to.. it is a deal between you and God. Period.
It has alot to do, with how one grows and learns and believes, as to what "church " they go to, but that's all.
People can worship different ways, but if they know not whom they worship, it is in vain .
Is that straight enough for you? L, but not outloud.
That's as succinct as you are capable of being, apparently. I guess, it will have to do.
Guppy

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#281435 Feb 1, 2013
Must be a lot of gay people on here. They seem very sensitive.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#281436 Feb 1, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your God's 10 Commandments includes one specifically against adultery but there isn't one against drug addiction. Chew on that for awhile.
Long Night Eternity, the Bible is clear regarding drunkeness & carousing.

It is also clear on Foo intentionally killing innocents.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#281437 Feb 1, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
You think I"m lying?
Yes, dear. You lie consistently, and badly. It's quite entertaining.
saasssylicious

Jackson, NJ

#281438 Feb 1, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAOOOOOO!! Who the fk are YOU to say what people you've never met believe?
No, neither one believes in original sin, and yes, both have been baptized. Twice actually, once as children, and once as adults.
<quoted text>
Yet its YOU that's the clueless one Skanky. YOu and your kind think its just fine to lie and to bear false witness ALL the time about people you dont know and dont have a clue about.
Thats reason a Christian gets Baptized. Then,Confirmation (which is confirming).

If you didn't know that then you don't know your daughter or gf's religion. I feel sorry for your daughter that she has a mother who did allow her to practice her religion. If they don't believe it then they aren't practicing their religion.

I don't believe you anyway but do enlighten us on why they don't believe and why theey would be re-Baptized @@
Guppy

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#281439 Feb 1, 2013
saasssylicious wrote:
<quoted text>She would take care of her baby.
Why?
God forbids sex outside of marriage. We can see a bit of why. A child has two parents and deserves to be raised by a devoted, married couple. An unmarried girl will most likely end up raising the child alone. Its not the best case scenerio.
My daughters and sons know that our loving God wants what's best for us. Do to our sins, we make life difficult. Thankfully, God is more powerful than sin and if we go to him for help, he will make lemonade out of lemons.
Life is never easy as it is but we tend to create alot of our own hardships and chaos because of our sin. My family knows that Gods way is best but we don't fear God. We know that Jesus died for our sins and loves us very much. He will help us no matter when. He will forgive us too!
If my 16 yr old daughter had a baby out of wedlock, she would miss out on her youth in many ways but with the help of God, she would go to plan B and make it work ;)
Sounds like the 50's. Time to get with the times. Your daughter does NOT have to throw her life away for one little mistake.
God will forgive you too? Forgive you for what? What did you do that was so very wrong? Are you saying god looks the other way when you sin? God is two-faced.
Gee, you sound like someone from outer space or something. Bloody weird.
saasssylicious

Jackson, NJ

#281440 Feb 1, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Except for the fact that another doctor stepped up and did the scheduled procedures you moron.
Burst THAT pathetic little bubble of yours. LOL
Prove it. You can't because it's not true.

Kthanks. I am waiting for your proof.
Guppy

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#281441 Feb 1, 2013
saasssylicious wrote:
<quoted text> A proaborts daughter aborting her child. Simply shocking! I'd never have guessed :/
Why would you want your daughter to kill her baby..your grandchild?
How sad is right.
Why would I want my daughter to kill her baby, my grandchild??
I wouldn't want her to, but it is the only solution with a young girl. I'm not going to penalize her because she made a mistake. That's a terrible solution.
No way would I expect a child to raise a baby. That's just insane. And no way would I want a baby to raise at my age. So unfair to the baby. All the way around.
Your way would be a disaster and you know it. You would be cutting off your nose to spite your face.
saasssylicious

Jackson, NJ

#281442 Feb 1, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like the 50's. Time to get with the times. Your daughter does NOT have to throw her life away for one little mistake.
God will forgive you too? Forgive you for what? What did you do that was so very wrong? Are you saying god looks the other way when you sin? God is two-faced.
Gee, you sound like someone from outer space or something. Bloody weird.
Time to get with the times? What "times" is that exactly? Killing your baby will NEVER be in style. Legal today..yes.

Who says she would be "throwing her life away" by keeping her baby?

I don't know about you but I dont teach my children (by words or example) that killing is a solution to lifes problems. We are strong and we survive.

I think it's tragic that you've taught your daughter to disrespect life and to kill those who are in the way. How barbaric that killing is part of your solution. Why wouldn't you help your daughter?

FTR, you didn't read my post all the way. I was talking about in general us sinning and making life harder but having God to forgive us and help us.

Slow down!
Guppy

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#281443 Feb 1, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, dear. You lie consistently, and badly. It's quite entertaining.
I'm glad I entertain you.

No one on here seems to have a sense of humor. Everyone is contentious. A bunch of gay, contentious people.

To each his own, I guess.
saasssylicious

Jackson, NJ

#281444 Feb 1, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
How lame can you get, JM? Even more so? All you've done is accused me of being crazy. So what? I tell everyone I'm half crazy and they still don't believe me.
You've lost interest in trying to find a middle ground here. Go on, fess up. Your entire argument is that people who support women making their own private, medical decisions are killers. Or crazy.
Lame-O
You are crazy. That's been established a long time ago.

What "middle ground" am I suppose to be searching for with you?

A better question is, WHY would you be interested in finding a middle ground?. Abortion is legal. You got what you wanted...4,000 babies will die today in this country alone.

Now go wipe the blood off your conscience.
saasssylicious

Jackson, NJ

#281446 Feb 1, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would I want my daughter to kill her baby, my grandchild??
I wouldn't want her to, but it is the only solution with a young girl. I'm not going to penalize her because she made a mistake. That's a terrible solution.
No way would I expect a child to raise a baby. That's just insane. And no way would I want a baby to raise at my age. So unfair to the baby. All the way around.
Your way would be a disaster and you know it. You would be cutting off your nose to spite your face.
YYou're a coward and you raised your daughter to be one.

You would support your grandchilds death(penalize her/him for just existing at an inconvenient time) but not want your daughter to own up and take responsibility?

Unfreaking real.

Tell me, suppose she wanted to keep her baby?
Gtown71

United States

#281447 Feb 1, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
You do seem to be making yourself out to be a saint, I mean since your born-again experience. You may say what a sinner you are but it seems like you're putting yourself up on a pedestal.
Sorry I gave you that impression.

God said David was a man after His own heart, peehaps if you read about all he did "after " God made that statement, then it would help you see where I stack up.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#281448 Feb 1, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
The e-mail you supposedly got from mods was about Persevere, not about me,.
You ARE the OP that posted as Lynne D, Perverse AND Lyin Lily. Same thing.

bluestreak returns

“too busy lookin' good!”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#281449 Feb 1, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, dear. You lie consistently, and badly. It's quite entertaining.
I personally find this "deranged militant feminist" schtick of yours amusing. Sure hope you haven't found a nursing job yet.
Katie

Auburn, WA

#281450 Feb 1, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Klueless Katiekins: "Perspective is everything. And you have none. Except for a fetus who's doomed anyway."
A "doomed fetus" - and, therefore, a fetus that must be intentionally & brutally killed - is only your malicious perspective.
Lily stand behind truth.
You, Katiekins, stand behind evil intent.
Unwanted/unhealthy fetuses are doomed. There's no way getting around that reality. I didn't make it up, I am stating it. You don't know what I stand for as your comprehension and prejudices against me prevent you from seeing what is clear. All you wrote above is nothing but BS created in your head. It has zero perspective or impact in the real world.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 2 min jimi-yank 341,923
Long Island High School Football on Youtube 1 hr hohoho5 3
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 1 hr jimi-yank 45,792
Atlantic City Freeholders Day Of Reckoning 1 hr Plotts 3
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr hojo 64,134
jets talk back (Dec '07) 2 hr jimi-yank 15,204
Take Down BUCKINGHAM PALACE 2 hr Plotts 4
President Trump's first 100 days - Roadmap to D... (Nov '16) 2 hr NEMO 5,738

New York Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

New York Mortgages