Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310174 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#280809 Jan 30, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I will admit tbat what I wish to say, and what I say can be two different things, but why would you not want to know the will of god.
I know that I am saved. I know just as sure as I know I am married.
There are some absolutes in this world....
How he loves to take broken things and fix them.
I am just thankful, that God loves broken things.
I deleted most of your post because it's all speculative bs..... You're just an arrogant pr!ck who thinks they know the will of God. In reality, you don't know these things, but you think you do. You're delusional and a piece of garbage at best. Go shove your religious garbage down your mistresses throat you cheating scumbag.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#280810 Jan 30, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
A few thoughts come to mind-
1) Foo has not changed my mind about abortion. I am as anti-abortion now as I was when I started posting.
2) Argueing abortion based on religion will get you nowhere. There are many relious beliefs and they are each important to the people who hold them.
3) When you make a statement, back it up, or say that it is your opinion.
4) Probably the most important thing that Foo has taught me is that just because someone supports abortion rights, that doesn't make them a bad person.
5) Another, and equally important, thing is that posting your objection on a forum doesn't cut it if you don't put your words into action.
6) Prolifers, in many cases, are their own worst enemy.
Now, all this being said, "Twister" is a favorite word game that is played by both sides on here.
LOL Well said! Post of the week for sure! May I add to it a bit?

7) People's views have validity, even if only TO THEM. One can't expect everyone's views - PARTICULARLY RELIGIOUS VIEWS - to mean anything to everyone.

8) Working TOGETHER toward finding a more easily attainable common goal - in this case, to reduce the NEED for abortion via education for example, is a good starting point.

9) Putting aside preconceived notions if ONLY for the purposes of an INTELLECTUALLY HONEST discussion is a great starting point.

10) Goes back to #2 of your post. The FACT is that different faiths view abortion in different ways. In MY faith its a requirement under certain, strict circumstances. Trying to force a reigious or faith based view on those for whom that faith means nothing is completely useless and is in fact COUNTER PRODUCTIVE to ANY discussion on this issue.

Location hidden

#280811 Jan 30, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>

Plus you can't prove that any of what I stated (from Mike H) will not happen, if this bill is passed.
Actually it can and HAS been proven that none of your claims are valid regarding this bill.

Location hidden

#280812 Jan 30, 2013
Kenose wrote:
<quoted text>
You went from being kind to being one of the most arrogant jerks on this thread. Stop acting as if you know the will of God. It's absolutely pathetic. Your post, like most crazy pro-life wackos, reflects more your ignorance and fear of death than anything else. Death is natural and is a part of life. Deal with it.
Exactly!

Location hidden

#280813 Jan 30, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I assume you have not argued abortion based on religion, and where has that got you?
There must be a reason you are anti -abortion.
I was for abortion, untill my life changing experience with God.
It seems many want good 'christians " to only speak about the love and forgiveness of God, and any negative comments make them a bad christian.
If the rich young ruler went to most any "church " in the US and asked (what must I do to have eternal life) they would tell him abc repeat after me, and you're saved. Then they would make him a deacon or preacher.
What did Jesus tell him?
I never expect anyone to read what I say and turn around and say "I see the light, thanks",but some ground is harder to sow on.
I mess up alot, and regret saying certain things, but not afraid to admit when I'm wrong.
I believe we are getting used to the dark, and things like abortion where millions of babies are being killed at will, just almost shuts down the mind.
Perhaps we will look back one day, and wonder "what were we thinking "
Especially when sooo many thank God for abortion.
Atleast that is my opinion.
Why is it NOT shocking you ignored EVERYTHING she said, after ASKING her for advice.@@
Bitners husband

New York, NY

#280815 Jan 30, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
"can't wait"? LOL, I hardly think 9 1/2 years constitutes "can't wait".
More assumptions on your part, Ass.
My first marriage was a good one, and so is this one.
You are clueless, and are the one who is bitter.
Put on an apron and start scrubbing the floors, but first go and fetch my slippers.
Bitners husband

New York, NY

#280816 Jan 30, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL Well said! Post of the week for sure! May I add to it a bit?
7) People's views have validity, even if only TO THEM. One can't expect everyone's views - PARTICULARLY RELIGIOUS VIEWS - to mean anything to everyone.
8) Working TOGETHER toward finding a more easily attainable common goal - in this case, to reduce the NEED for abortion via education for example, is a good starting point.
9) Putting aside preconceived notions if ONLY for the purposes of an INTELLECTUALLY HONEST discussion is a great starting point.
10) Goes back to #2 of your post. The FACT is that different faiths view abortion in different ways. In MY faith its a requirement under certain, strict circumstances. Trying to force a reigious or faith based view on those for whom that faith means nothing is completely useless and is in fact COUNTER PRODUCTIVE to ANY discussion on this issue.
11) You are a bore.

Location hidden

#280817 Jan 30, 2013
Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm happy to see that New England isn't in the Superbowl this year. Personally, I think it's going to be a low scoring game. Even though SF has a slight advantage offensively, both teams are equally matched defensively.
But, to answer your question, I'm remaining partial to the AFC and will root for Baltimore.
How 'bout you darling?
LOL Silly question! I want to see Ray Lewis take another Super Bowl, and Joe Flacco take his first. For such a "young" team (relatively speaking) they're damn good!
worships reality

United States

#280819 Jan 30, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
Wait...... Jonnycakes admitted to knocking up his mistress and he's got the b@lls to talk smack to anyone about "sin" and what is right, never mind the topic of abortion??????????
What a hypocritical scumbag.
is jonnycakes full of you ?

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#280820 Jan 30, 2013
Bitners husband wrote:
<quoted text>
Put on an apron and start scrubbing the floors, but first go and fetch my slippers.
Oh, go crawl back under your bridge, Troll.

Location hidden

#280821 Jan 30, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
So after your husband died you ran right down to the local pub to find a replacement. Shame on you. Your husband wasn't even cold in the grave. You should be ashamed of yourself.
You can admit it - you are a bimbo. Someone has to be, and it might as well be you.
I guess if this guy dies, you'll be on the prowl again. Happy hunting...
It's funny how everyone needs to let others know how 'happy' they are. Leads me to believe they are not...
Bitter much?
Wow, are you being an asshat toward someone you dont know for any particular reason?

Location hidden

#280822 Jan 30, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG! Are you for real? Are there actually people out there who think like you? That is scary.
Yes, it is.

Location hidden

#280824 Jan 30, 2013
-Michelle- wrote:
<quoted text>
I totally agree with you, Foo. As you know, I speak from personal experience on that. I would've loved for my parents to have stayed together, if that's what they truly wanted and if they truly loved each other. However, as the years have passed by, I totally see why they ended up getting divorced. They married young, mom was 18 and dad was 19, I was born a year later and my sister was born 4 years later. They really never got a chance to "grow up" and experience life. As time passed, I think they began to resent each other and perhaps they felt that the other was holding them back from finding their true selves as folks tend to do when they grow up. Once they separated, they began to experience life and do the things they should've done before getting married and having children (such as going to college and getting educated and traveling and seeing the world). Granted, it took them longer to do those things, as they had kids to raise and bring along on those trips, but I feel they were able to become the people they wanted to be and they became better people because of it. As I know my parents now, they're 2 totally different people and I can see why things didn't work out between them. I'm grateful that they discovered that early on instead of giving up on their dreams and settling for less and therefore living a miserable existence. I think that would've been way worse for everyone involved.
I'm also glad that they decided to part ways instead of sticking with each other for the sake of my sister and I. There was so much tension in the house you would've needed a chainsaw to slice through it, lol. They were miserable, we picked up on it and it made my sister and I miserable. It was sad to see my father leave but as time went by, there was peace in the house and I saw my parents in a different,*happy*, life.
Exactly, and very well said. Thank you for sharing that.

Location hidden

#280825 Jan 30, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Why did you feel the need to replace your husband? If you truly loved him - you wouldn't want to. It's funny/strange how people can't wait to get into another bad relationship. Shaking head.
WTF?? Where are you coming up with this garbage from?

Location hidden

#280826 Jan 30, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Aw....two saints...
little bunny foo-foo, walking through.......
Nope, Sue and I certainly aren't saints. We're just two people that actually WANT to do what so many profess to want - to find a middle ground to work out from to help our communities and the women that need help in them.

What are YOU actively doing to help YOUR community? Besides acting like a jerk on a messageboard that is?
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#280827 Jan 30, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
"can't wait"? LOL, I hardly think 9 1/2 years constitutes "can't wait".
More assumptions on your part, Ass.
My first marriage was a good one, and so is this one.
You are clueless, and are the one who is bitter.
Two! good marriages in a row? When is the third? Maybe you should quit while you are ahead.
Two! men who could deal with your bitterness! Whoa! They be saints...
You are a tough cookie.
Who wears the pants? Let me guess.
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#280828 Jan 30, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF?? Where are you coming up with this garbage from?
What do you mean?
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#280829 Jan 30, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I hate to here that about him,and sorry for what the man did.
That seems to be the thing govenors do as they leave their post, and I'm not sure why or how they have such power.
Haily Barbor, who just left ms let a lifer go free, after only a few months in prison. It seems the inmate was a "worker " at mr. Barbers place.
He was in prison for killing his wife, in front of their daughter.
Some bills, laws, or acts do need passing.
I also realize it is not the norm for a 8 month pregnant woman to abort, but are you saying the mike H flat out lied about it, or could it happen if this bill is passed?
As far as us swallowing whatever gets pumped our way, that is true, but on both sides.
Ocean acts as if she wants young women to be informed of All their choices and info about abortion and pregnancy, but it is clear to see how she handles any who oppose her view.
I am saying Mike Huckabee, along with the majority of PLM leaders, get creative about their "interpretation" of what they read and believe regarding Roe v Wade and bills pushing for varying restrictions that have nothing to do with women's health or any benefit thereof.

I did not hear Huckabee's take on the bill going forward in NY. I read your take on his take. That's second-hand info twice removed. Not good to stake any credibility anywhere here, imo.

I read the bill myself. It's as I said, it's removing what's become bad law based on obsolescence. NY is moving forward while a lot of other states move backward.

It is federally illegal to abort a viable fetus without just cause. Just cause only includes women's life and health in danger. Health in danger does mean her mental health and it usually pertains to those women who suffer from psychosis while pregnant, not your average stress and depression that you mentioned yesterday. It is very rare that a viable fetus is aborted. Usually when it does happen, it happens on a wanted fetus, where something went horribly wrong.

America is not a country where it forces its pregnant women to die in duty to the state just on the off chance her fetus outlives her. Leaving out the exception of life and health would America a country that does force pregnant women to die. Is that what you want? Really?
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#280830 Jan 30, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL Silly question! I want to see Ray Lewis take another Super Bowl, and Joe Flacco take his first. For such a "young" team (relatively speaking) they're damn good!
Ray Lewis is a criminal.

Ray Lewis is a thug.

Your idol.
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#280831 Jan 30, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, Sue and I certainly aren't saints. We're just two people that actually WANT to do what so many profess to want - to find a middle ground to work out from to help our communities and the women that need help in them.
What are YOU actively doing to help YOUR community? Besides acting like a jerk on a messageboard that is?
How are you helping your community by running your mouth on here? Hmm?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 2 min Princess Hey 10,330
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 4 min jimi-yank 318,164
Time to go? 16 min Mexican Lottery W... 668
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Earthling-1 53,978
Brian Williams Lied about Military Incident 2 hr Local 2
Brian Williams Is it time to Drop Anchor? 2 hr Local 5
Brian Williams is a Case of No Harm No Foul at NBC 2 hr Local 8
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Dec '14) 9 hr Younohoo 4,893
More from around the web

New York People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

New York Mortgages